Just hand washed my first car for the first time and holy shit that felt good

Just hand washed my first car for the first time and holy shit that felt good.

Followed youtube.com/watch?v=CFXfSBR5Q9w

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wrje3kEuE3o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

meguiars is the best brand

That's the wash I used

Help me out guys, I'm a retard and after years of washing my dad's car I just realized I'm hestitating to hand wash my own because I'm afraid of messing up the paint or clear coat or whatever

What's the best/easiest product and how does a retard not ruin their car

Follow the video exactly in OP's comment

Good job OP. Still too cold and rainy for me to get my winter salt off.

Good taste, too.

see
(the video)

I use this from Chemical Guys

I literally never wash my car unless the Lexus dealer does it for me. Get triggered, faggots.

My car (OP)

Black master race

it's more like dark dark blue

I was going to wash my truck but then it rained a lot and now I don't need to.

2/2

Citrus oil is not something I like on paint.

clay bar and wax on windshield > rainx

>meguiars is the best brand of car wash soap
I use their gold class car wash shampoo. It removes their gold class car wax in one wash, so apparently it's strong enough.

I don't wash the car with anything that attacks organics. The clear coat is organic, so I don't like the idea of how dish soaps and laundry detergents have enzymes that attack and loosen organic substances. Seems like enzymes would chemically age my clear coat so I don't use dish soap to remove wax. Instead, I just use a stronger concentration of meguiar's gold class car shampoo and that removes the wax.

I wash my car with dish soap and a sponge.

I didn't wash my rims all winter because they look better dark brown than at original paint color

youtube.com/watch?v=Wrje3kEuE3o

This guy has nothing on ChrisFix. Dude fucking spent something like 50 hours cleaning his new Mustang within like the first week he got it.

>needing a video to show you how to wash a car

fresh health

The mitt material is important. Meguiar's makes a microfiber mitt that is WAY softer than any other mitt I've tried so go for that.

Most car soaps are safe, just be careful about the amount of soap you add to the bucket, adding too much can be bad for your wax coating and other stuff.

>not checking how to clean a car from people who know what they are doing

This is how you end up being the pleb using the brushes or a car wash that scratches up your clearcoat.

>I dont need some gay fucking video telling me what to do!
Tell us more about how manly you a re

T. sponge fag who drys his car with a paper towel
T. dog fucker

Did you clay bar it? The paint seems not entirely smooth

It's a Korean car. That's what the paint looks like.

Ontariofag eh?
I see you got the good thick Canadian made plate covers, not the China made shit from Canadian Tire.

I have read and watched some pretty insane detailers. I used to be pretty picky, but it is fuckin time consuming work putting that much effort into something that will eventually get dirty again. Unless you keep it in your livingroom, gazing at it with a glass of brandy in your hand.

For my old 90s Mazdas, they get washed every couple months and fully waxed when I get time. I used to wax twice a year, then once a year, then once every two years, etc, and now its been forever. Paint still looks okay because I know how to wash properly. Haven't done a motor detail in awhile either. Every spring when I say I'm going balls out, other stuff comes up.

You would be surprised what people don't know. I cringe how I cleaned my cars at 19 compared to all the knowledge I have now in my early 30s.

Is it cancer to wash your car yourself with those pressurized touchless washers?

If so, why?

It's not the best and the brush could be dirty

but does it actively damage the car?

Just don't use the brush.

do you mean the diy washes where you spray your car yourself with water and soap?

those are ok, you can bring your own soap if you want also, but for sure bring your own wash mitt(s) to use instead of the brush.

I use the brush. I'm not autistic.

yes, those broom looking things fuck up your paint

ayyy service ontario got eeem for 12$

people still use a car wash?

hey thats me

CAR WASH NERDS

I'm going to guess, Cloverdale Mall location? Were they $12 each?

Touchless washers are okay but I imagine all that chemical builds up on the surface of the car after a while. A car needs a human touch of a soft mitt caressed along its curves, and to be rinsed off and dried properly afterwards with a soft towel.

Never EVER use the brush that's used for sudsing at your local coin wash bays. After bubba is done destroying it after he cleans the mud off his 4x4, you do not want to be dragging that same brush along your paint.

fuck thats creepy man cloverdale it was

A couple years ago I read a now offline article about the legality of plate covers in Ontario, and the article featured an image of a plate cover still wrapped in plastic inside a display cabinet at the Cloverdale Mall location. The article mentioned only some Service Ontario locations carry plate covers.

The "Protect-a-Plate" name hasn't been used in years, I honestly think Service Ontario has a bunch of new old stock plate covers. You may have bought something that sat on a shelf for over 20 years. You did good though, I have the same covers from 2004 that are still in fair shape with no cracks. You just have to keep them waxed so they don't yellow too much.

True. Yes protect-a-plate covers are really nice. Interesting backstory

>tfw both shitboxes have shitty paint.
I wish I could have a shiny car ;_;