youtube.com/watch?v=mqbtGYW23Ks
youtube.com/watch?v=cuTuQ5N6gLE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OwN672LeXWw
youtube.com/watch?v=RuOt31rpPM0
youtu.be/fdXwivoS-x4
youtube.com/watch?v=GbbNlkP-ZSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ford 4.6 2-valve.

Lots of noise and it sounds like every episode of COPS ever and then you're doing 27mph and it's time for the 2-3 slushbox shift to take its sweet fucking time.

European diesel V8's in Dakar trucks and semi trucks sound like a wet fart. Lexus V8's are pretty bad straight piped too.

youtube.com/watch?v=bAL5zUAI5MQ

LS engine out of what I have heard

wut

sounds great in the mustangs with a manual. Loved the noise my 2003 GT made.

Anything that isn't a 351 clevo or an amg engine

Stock maybe. It kind of sounds like a truck with the stock exhaust. Add straight pipes and a big cam and hnnnn.

The 302 in my truck sounds like ass, but its been reliable so no complaints.

in my experience they only get worse when you open the exhaust whether straight pipes Borla or some other shit

Let me guess... You think Porsche flat 6's sound good? Even women think LS's sound godly.

i vote for my emissions strangled 1987 307 that misfires.

weird

a Corvette went by the other day and everyone in the car commented on how awful it sounded even the 2 women

>4.6 2 valve
>sounds great
kek
hollow rasp doesn't sound good. youtube.com/watch?v=4J1FWPeTPac

things that never happened for 500 alex

It's just a butthurt weeb dude don't even reply, he probably thinks his fart canned Honda sounds great

>flowmaster

lol theres your problem

Magnaflow sounds great on them

just like how no one thinks LS sounds godly

theres something never happened

It sounds like tinfoil what the fuck

>just like how no one thinks LS sounds godly
So now you're making shit up that nobody said in the thread lol how desperate are you to hate on the LS

Straightpiped sounds too tryhard, makes you no different to that fuckwad in a fartcannoned Honda.

All you need is the bigger cam for that audible and menacing idle. Noticeable, but not obnoxious.

>Even women think
They also think SUVs are safer and that all two door coupes are sports cars. Women don't know shit about cars.

my old LS1 sounded pretty bad when it threw a rod at 175k miles.. didn't help that i drove it another 30 miles home like that.(rod took a shit in the parking lot at work)

youtube.com/watch?v=PIgFLFA3xxM&feature=youtu.be

Olds diesel lf9

>nobody said in the thread

lol are you fucking retarded

>Even women think LS's sound godly.

LS fanboys are missing a few braincells but jeez

ls engines sound like a nigger playing bongos

LS engines sound great.

>furfaggot getting mad

Good!

This, also most other modern V8s that try to sound like classic V8s but miss the mark anyway.

IMO Mopars sound the best.

Six Pack has a farty tune but irl it's loud af.

youtube.com/watch?v=0-SmoIQ-lMQ

But Thermoquads made the best noises hands down.

youtube.com/watch?v=2imq2Le2I6k

The 1UZ and 3UZ need an x pipe or cross over to sound good,mbut not much else. A little raspy down low, but you are hearing more of the engine that is not drowned out by a loud ass timing chain, due to the quieter timing belt. They sing at high RPM because it's a japanese design

youtu.be/THtN1Kh1_YU

That sounds like a 6 cylinder mate

which is why it sounds so good

As in it sounds like shit.
I've only ever heard one six cyinder engine that ever sounded good.

Steve Brule, Westech's dyno operator, said on Hot Rod TV they all sound the same (V8's) except for one engine that escapes me that had a different firing order.

Because they put the same fucking carb on every fucking engine.

He might have been talking about a Flathead Ford which was all kinds of funky by today's standards.

Maybe crossplane vs flat plane cranks?

>inb4 gt350 shitposting

Jaguar bro

Does the bus you take to the tendie store sound like a V6 too m8?

uh no there is quite a bit of variation

>Maybe crossplane vs flat plane cranks?
That has something to do with it too but the way a carb flows the gas can have a big effect on the sound of an engine.
Quad Webers sound very different from a 4 barrel production OEM carb vsa Holley.

Since they just reuse the same Holley there isn't much differentiating the engines they test.

The bus i ride doesn't sound like a machine gun so no.

youtube.com/watch?v=7TfpUB1lIGU

Japscrap V8s sound like ass, it's just the way of it.

carbs arent that big of a deal

a Y block sounds different from a Flathead and that sounds different from a Windsor even with the same Holley

Jap V8s sound the best after Italian and German bruh

>a Y block sounds different from a Flathead
They both sound similar from each other but they both had weird valve timing setups and in the case of the flathead it also had siamesed exhausts.

Quadrajets and Thermoquads sound a lot different from tri-powers and sixpacks it's just how the air is flowing.

>Jap V8s sound the best after Italian and German bruh
lol no, they all sound almost as bad as a 4.6 modular, probably because nocubes.

to each their own but the 2v sounded great. It still had a more classic valve because of 2 valves per cylinder. But i will agree it is all noise and not much bite

>nocubes

kek

a 221 Flathead sounds better than most V8s ever made

Ford is the one American company that has V8 sound down

the ls/lt engines are great and all, but when you put on exhaust they really do sound like fucking truck engines. I mean they are literally re-purposed truck engines. The 5.0 at least has a nice DOHC rumble that sounds more AMG like

I thought you were exaggerating but holy shit it literally sounds like when you rip a piece of tinfoil off the roll and it makes that crinkly tearing sound.

>a 221 Flathead sounds better than most V8s ever made
I'm not sure exactly what that noise is when it's decelerating but it makes the no compression, horrible mileage, and borderline overheating worth it.

youtube.com/watch?v=UUvWBYt__oo

That said it simply doesn't have the rumbling bark of a high compression V8.
You have to sit in traffic next to a big block V8 to understand, the noise of it shakes all the other cars around.

my Mazda engine does the same thing when I lift off its just the open exhaust shit

and Ive been around big blocks breh

I just normally prefer the smoother sound of foreign V8s and not the rough running domestics

Ford just happens to make the most V8s I like as far as America goes

Every fucking truck with the aftermarket dual exhausts that sound the same.

Stock 3rd-Gen Camaros with the 305 are pretty weak sauce

youtube.com/watch?v=AaIGYAkD1pQ

You take that back
youtube.com/watch?v=nUguV9y3pmo

That one must have the horrifically restrictive pellet-type cat still in place. Mine is bone stock minus the cat removed, so the exhaust system is just a straight pipe with two resonators at the back. The stock cat was so restrictive that they didn't need mufflers from the factory.

Sorry for the potato video, I need to record a new one that isn't from 8 years ago.

Rotaries sound better than an LS.

>Steve Brule

That's subjective

Ford 4.6 modular v8. How is that a good sounding engine? Crown vics sounded terrible.

You're subjective.

Crown Vics still sound better than a Porsche 6 cylinder.

Yeah

Rotarys sound like dump trucks at idle.
V8's sound like wet farts always.

why do you even bother posting when everyone hates you and never listens to what you have to say

I don't have any friends.

I'm sorry

Flathead fords

i only came back to shitpost, so in reality not many fucks given desu senpai

>Lexus V8's are pretty bad straight piped too.

You take that back.

youtube.com/watch?v=mqbtGYW23Ks

youtube.com/watch?v=cuTuQ5N6gLE

Olds 350 Diesel

On that note can someone here summarise the different firing orders among V8s and which one sounds the best. Apparently the LS1 is different to the 5.4/4.6 Modular but different again to the 5.0 Coyote and then there is the 5.2 Voodoo which is what Ferrari uses? Also my vote for worst is the LS1 which sounds more like a worked V6.

Still sounds like an angry dump truck. It's a great engine, but it doesn't sound good. Maybe if it wasn't a sound you heard all the time.. a victim of its own success.

>cleveland
Hnnnnnnngg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OwN672LeXWw

I think the Voodoo is a flat plane crank, like Ferrari, but not the same firing order

No

Its all displacement and architecture and of course the exoust that creats the specific engine sound. OHV Engines sound like classic v8s with the almost truck like rumble because they maintain the classic OHV configuration. DOHC motors have this smooter sounding rumble which sounds more modern. SOHC v8s are sort of in the middle. Again the level of work that goes into the exoust also heavily effects sound. The the LFA which had an exoust system which was heavily designed to sound special. AMG also puts alot of money into their exoust design because they want to get back the "good" sound that turbo chargers typicly take away.

>Lots of noise
I really disagree with this, the 4.6 modular engine is relatively quiet, especially in my town car. I can't even hear it at idle and have to tap the gas pedal to remember if I started the engine or not.

Also not built for power, but reliability, so there's that.

sound like typical white trash

whatever piece of shit is in the front of the Merc C63. Sounds like it's a cunthair away from blowing itself up

What's wrong with sounding like a dump truck? Even they sound better than most Porsche's, 6 cylinders and all 4 cylinders.

I'm going to say the V8 used in the Atom V8, since its two crotch rocket engines put together.

I second that vote

5.7 ?

>carbs arent that big of a deal

How so? A shitty Holley/Edelbrock/catalog carburetor does not sound the same as four 48 IDAs

youtube.com/watch?v=RuOt31rpPM0

Just about any of them can sound real nasty, depending.

>vid very fucking related

Any mustang.

Cadillac 4.9, from the pre northstar fwd caddies. sounds like whiney shit.

A Chevy 350 in the C/K1500s with true dual straight pipes

The redneck faggots around here love it and it sounds like Bigfoot having wet farts

youtu.be/fdXwivoS-x4

Can anybody verify this? I would assume that it would just fire all 4 one side and all 4 the other side?

Im surprised GM would have such horrible sounding v8s when you have companies like Harley Davidson in the US who make bank selling crappy underpowered bikes that sell because they sound good. Also my vote for best sounding is 351 Clevaland. Shame on US for replacing it with the wheezing Windsor.

That's just a non crossflow i6 isn't it

265 Hemi which was a brilliant engine for its time and performed well on tighter tracks in the Valiant Charger

youtube.com/watch?v=GbbNlkP-ZSM

it's called reverse flow shitlord

This and it's awful

fuck off valanon

it's a necessary evil for carb'd engines

Well I'm a professional, i drive a pre-xflow car and i call it pre-xflow or non-xflow so try sucking less dick
There are plenty of xflow carb engines. Ford Kent engine is a common one.

>There are plenty of xflow carb engines. Ford Kent engine is a common one.
Yes but they don't have choke stoves so there.

how about stop being a homophobe shitlord

>that fucking door handle on the shifter

250 xflow master race reporting in

the one Ford put in their current Mustang, sounds like ass

master race of shitty performance, even when modified

I have no pictures of my engine except from this angle sry but mine is pre xflow