darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/
>Simple guide:
arnaud.rocks/darkest-companion/
>More detailed guides:
i.imgur.com/LTxZyAU.jpg
docs.google.com/document/d/1eYJFVykEJ2ta1sDV4-5MKoQVAgZgk3LDzHb4v_p1Fo8/edit
>Homepage and news
darkestdungeon.com/
>Musketeer mod for non-backers (Musketeer is recruited through the caravan)
mega:#!tpFFXa4K!12r68edFgc-RDpJhKEdQRljHAFa0O3PpLsPFDAPurf8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NlQcKBUcgmA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it aint over til its over

bump

>Champion Cove, long, explore 90%
>scouted, last fight before I can bail
>4 Groupers, same as the first fight of the dungeon
>going swimmingly
>suddenly Spearfishing crits my PD and pulls her forward
>next grouper Slashes her to Death's Door
>opt to move her back into position
>next turn, figure she will go before a group and stun the back row
>Spearfishing
>Deathblow
Second fucking PD I lost in 1 week. I only brought her to the dungeon to make her Resolve 6 and take her into DD2, 3 or 4.

Lucky for me I had 1 Resolve 5 PD left and she has Quick Reflexes no more of this bullshit. The bad news is I took her through DD2 and now I have no PD's left for DD3/4.

God fucking damnit. I miss you Evelyn.

You had the chance to run when you moved her back. You made a gamble and payed the price

F

Lads

I'm not gonna repost my story like some jackass so fuck that thread

And fuck you too, piece of shit. You like rubbing salt in the wound? Not sharing stories with you fags again.

user is in the anger stage of grief!

When's the proper time to set up camp?

I usually do it when everyone's either low on health or high on stress.

as if attempting to run guarantees her survival.

Making camp can be used to save your ass or prepare for the next room.

I use it for making random trinkets then finish dungeon with a 4 AQ party :^)

Doing a stygian run, and jesus christ I forgot how hard the early game can be
No weapons, armor, limited heroes, limited money, and you have to maintain heroes if you wanna go for the reynauld achievement

jesus

Alright this one has more posters and is further up so I'm using this one.

What does everyone think about the new Dungeon opening tiles? I gotta say I like em a lot, I think my favorite is the Warrens.

I havent played the game yet. Shitty week's been getting me down and I havent had the time for anything.

they are neat.

I love them. Simple but awesome.

>Alright how hard could a Champion quest be?
>Pfft, that little faggot in the back doesn't even have a weapon. EZ

I want to go home.

They're a nice touch. I hope they add the unique boss backgrounds at some point in the near future.

And unique boss music.

It amuses me how you can make Dismas carry his own severed head.

>You will never have this song when fighting the Necromancer lord.

youtube.com/watch?v=NlQcKBUcgmA

What new opening tiles?

Each dungeon now has a special entrance background as the starting 'room' during a mission.

Couldn't someone mod this into the game or no?

Ah, ok. I didn't notice that, neat

Meant this for

You'll get it eventually.

>The Warrens is literally so rancid that liquefied human remains leak out of the entrance
You couldn't pay me any amount of money to go into a place like that.

I love them, the only time I wish it was like before is when you backtrack through the starting room it feels weird going back outside to take another route, I wish it would change to something else when you enter another room.

If you got a team comp name into the game share it.
I got Cry Havoc. HM/Jester/Abom/MaA

The Usual Suspects
> Vestal Plague Doctor Highwayman Crusader
The Privateers
> Occultist Bounty Hunter Highwayman Grave Robber
Blood Money
> Occultist Grave Robber Bounty Hunter Hellion
Make It Bleed
> Occultist Occultist Hellion Hellion
The Femme Fatales
> Vestal Plague Doctor Grave Robber Hellion
World Of Tanks
> Vestal Hellion Crusader Leper
Undying Light
> Vestal Vestal Vestal Vestal
The Black Plague
> Plague Doctor Plague Doctor Leper Leper

>lying

why dont they try clean that shit out? IF thers no more meat, no more pigs
JUst start hauling shit out and burn it

They breed quickly down there in the dark.

There are eldrith demons from beyond involved, that complicates heauling shit

The piggies actively hunt humans and steal grain from them. You can't just "clean it out" and think they would go away.

Besides, cleaning that huge maze of tunnels would take years, even without the fucking pig demons attacking you every chance they get. The ancestor dumped fucking tons of half dead meat there.

The best way would be to seal or blow up all the entrances. Just let them suffocate and cannibalize each other in there.

Does the shrieker come back after you kill him? Somehow lucked into killing his nest then him for 8 of those sweet gems.

Also going into my first long champion dungeon in the Ruins, hero recommendations?

Vestal-PD-Leper-Crusader
because it is good comp

they need "fuel" for that, burn it, and youe effectively castrated them

goo dthing we have been killing them yb the cartload for trinkets and shit

kill humand first then, that will starve them out

Gods, do i have to thik of everything?

isn't the crusader better for rank 2 since, if he gets knocked back he can holy lance to the front, whereas the leper can't do shit?

and vestal is better for rank 3 since she can use illuminate in that position. PD can't use incision from rank 4, but it's worthless anyway, especially in the ruins.

theres more than one Shrieker

>they need "fuel" for that, burn it, and youe effectively castrated them
It's implied they breed naturally.

Holy orders for crusader, and vestal is healbot either way, no illuminate needed
also, you will spam blights and stuns with pd, so whatever

You can go however you want

>Holy orders for crusader, and vestal is healbot either way, no illuminate needed

Illumination is good when everyone is more or less full and there is a stress dealer on the enemy team. lowering their high dodge can help a lot and save you some stress.

I only use debuffs like illumination or that other one on my profane vestal in rank 2

They're exactly what I was hoping for.

Now I just wish they would flesh out retreating from a dungeon.

What's there to flesh out?

>2 HWM
>2 AQ
>Weald
>put up guard on the Dover boys; play musical chairs
>goes well
>suddenly, blight
>bleed
>paranoid
>irrational
>gasping
>reeling
>about to break
>AQ gets a deathblow from a fucking Madman of all things
>limp towards the final room with no torches left
>Shambler

ha ha
you were reminded

What qualifies as a "ranged skill" for anyone who doesn't have a gun, throwing knives or an arbalest?

>tfw my first plague doctor is also Evelyn

It says Melee or Ranged in each ability description.

Navigating to an actual exit?

Really? I guess I must be blind, an idiot, or both. Thanks!

This can be really important because, for instance, Point Blank Shot can be used from only rank 1 and only hits rank 1 but is ranged, meanwhile Duelist's Advance can be used from any rank and hit any rank but is melee.

When did Weaver play Darkest Dungeon?

It follows real life logic, since shooting a gun is a ranged form of combat, even at melee range, whereas stabbing with a knife is melee combat even if you could somehow lunge 10feet forward while stabbing.

Barbaric Yawp is melee too, for some reason.

I don't know who that is, I'm just posting doctor

I want to do a full no light playthrough with 0 deaths. Any advice for me?

That's odd since Bellow is ranged.

Remind yourself

More seriously: stress mitigation/healing is more valuable
Scramble parties are more a valuable (get used to it)

you will run away many times

Ectoplasma dungeon event with ectoplasma boss when?
Ectoplasm is only enemy without boss now

I would really like a huge spider boss, like a brood mother.

How viable is it to just spam the ruins from the start of the game until you have enough shit to attempt DD?

>parties are more a valuable
??
Not that user but stress mitigation and being able to use a skill in all rows is very valuable. For that purpose, Jester is almost perfect for that role.
Top to bottom from perfectly suited to unsuited
>Dedicated shufflers
Jester
HWM
GR
>Mediocre capability
Man-at-arms
Crusader
Abomination
Hellion
Anti (You could just spam guard me instead of her shitty shuffle skill)
>Can't shuffle aka do not use in party
Hound
Bounty
Literally everyone else
Leper/Arby

If you're going to put a filler or healer, make sure they can use something relevant when they get shuffled into a unfavorable position or be able to hit something in the dark. Occultist is the best dedicated healer in a shuffle party for this role since he has high crit plus the fact that his skills will have a decent effect in any position depending on the circumstances (you can use debuffs, mark or even stab if he's pushed to the front). You're highly likely not going to be able to make the most use out of everyone in the bottom of the list, especially if you're damned to move Leper or Arby in the back or front, respectively.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
O
>N
>O
N
O
>N
>O
N
O
>N
>O
N
O
>N
>O
N
O
>N
>O

Why three bedpans?

Oh yeah, a special attack where every party member gets webbed and blighted and the hero with the highest stress gets marked and then all 3 baby spiders attack the marked with high crit chance and more blight.

NO NO NO PLS RED HOOK NO SPIDERS PLS

diarrhea?

hound is still good in shuffle parties, even if he cannot move by himself. he can do something useful from every single rank and self heal to carry his own weight in case the healer gets shuffled badly.

Bounty hunter is almost as good and can do stuff from multiple positions, but lacks the self sustain. I'd say he's about as good as a hellion.

it's the strategy used by people that try to complete the mission in as little in game time as possible.

But is it viable?
you need stuff from warrens and weald to upgrade Blacksmith and Guild

>brood mother
Continuing from
I just thought of a visual idea that instead of a normal pig, it could be originally a once beautiful village waif that was kidnapped and turned into a sane-less pigwoman. Something not exactly morbidly grotesque like Siren but visually horrifying but close to a tortured human being with pig-like features. Like when the player finds her in the boss room that makes them feel bad for the deformity and try to put her out of her misery.

Now hear me out. I'm not saying she has to be cute, just to the point where you can tell she was human but so disfigured that you would feel mortified than cautious in your mission to destroy the swine source. The idea is that you're there on the quest to stop her from breeding more pigmen but to end a tortured soul who is forced into that role. Just a thought, I earnestly want Red Hook to try new things and they have been making bosses that are just plain evil but maybe create a new character that will make you say 'now this shit is fucked up.' In my opinion, all the bosses had some beef with the ancestor in some direct/indirect way and they continue to do wrong willingly so a boss that sparks a distorted sympathy could bring out DD's horror in a another darker sense.

heirloom rewards are no longer exclusive to each region, they changed that a while ago. you can get everything you need by only playing ruins

It's time for a slaughter.

keksimus

That aside, something like a tumor filled pig with human-like features that is barely conscious.

godspeed, user

Well, that's the hard part done.

Ok I'm out, see you tomorrow /dadg/
I only have to kill Champion Flesh, lvl up Abo 5->6 and finish 2,3, and final assault
probably will finish it this week

I just did 3 runs and did not encounter a single collector. Literally shaking.

If you have the right team comp then the collector essentially turns into a free full heal + stress heal.

It's done. Stygian Mode DD2 beaten, and literally everything went exactly according to plan. I couldn't be more pleased.

Do you not get the strict mode achievement on Radiant or something ? I just cleared the game and got the reynauld and dismas one but not the strict mode... Only thing I changed was that shitty deck one, but I thought that one didn't count ?

Just bought this on sale for $10 bucks on PSN. While it's downloading is there anything I should know before first playthrough, or should I just go at it blind?

>don't forget shovels
>don't treat your heroes like they're treasures
>don't expect to keep everyone alive
>killing is more important than healing
>don't kill the little pig first
>bring plenty of food
>don't read books, ever
>Bounty Hunter, Houndmaster, Occultist, Arbalest wombo combo
>don't waste money on low-level heroes
>don't waste money on people with under 50% stress
>don't waste money on stress relief upgrades

Thanks mate!

Look through the guide in OP

Upgrade the stage coach first before anything. Don't waste resources on stress heal or upgrading heroes. Trash the ones who have become useless or afflicted. You get new ones that may or may not be better plus they come with their own upgraded weapons, all maxed skills to their tailored resolve level plus camping skills. Your easily renewable assets are your heroes that can all be easily replaced (unless you want to achievement of keeping reynault and dismas to the end).

Before the expedition, make sure you know what you actually want before going anywhere. Pick the quest that has your most interest (normally a rare twinket, good event or the right length/difficulty). Buy the absolute necessities which are food, torches (keep it lit for 75-100 if you don't want trouble, it can determine the dungeon's mob spawns and moderating difficulty) plus items for status effects or more importantly to safely use on curios to get more loot. Shovels are versatile for curios but the most expensive. What you need to get for curios all depends on the dungeon, some more favorable like herbs are frequently used in Warrens or Holy Water in Ruins.

During expedition, make room for loot depending on what you may find valuable. Make sure you look at the bottom of the floor for traps you can click on. Trap disarm can depend on the hero's ability to disarm them (HWM, HM or GR can disarm traps better than Leper, Vestal or Crusader). If need be, you can backtrack at the expense of stress if you want to do a loop around to avoid trouble. Sometimes, a hero's quirk can activate a curio by approaching it without your consent so make sure you use the right item when they try to activate it.

In battle, you either want to kill one or two as fast as possible instead of diving the damage via grapeshot or other AoE. If you can't kill and you need to buy time, stun, shuffle or debuff the enemy so they can't coordinate or use their most dangerous skills.

Half of that advice was shit so don't read too much into it.

Did you change the game mode rules? I don't think you can get it at radiant, you have to play the game at Darkest difficulty.

It's done. 53 weeks, 4 deaths total. The final boss definitely felt tougher than before, it didn't even get a chance to use Come Unto Your Maker since two heroes got heart attacks earlier during the fight.

every fucking thread

go to hell man, if you want to lose all your fuckers to hunger check feel free, but don't put your starvation fetish on the rest of us

Congrats user. Any advice for such a run?