Drivers license

How much did you pay for your license? I live in Germany and here it can be anywhere from 2500-4000€ in my area. That's also why I don't have one. Struggling to find a job that I can do next to studying and even if I found one I wouldn't make enough money to afford the license, and if I did, I wouldn't have a car.

I heard driving tests and license costs are a joke in America. How much truth is there to this?

nz is like 150 to sit test and receive lisence

$50 us dollars

how ever we have 3 stages, so you have to get learners, then restricted, then full

>2500-4000€

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

WO ZUM GEIER WOHNST DU

NRW, small city. Not even exaggerating

same exact case here but could have it since 2005, which burns like hell.
public transportation is decent enough and life priorities didn't allow spending 3k on the license, gas, taxes, buying costs, maintenance etc. when it would be just an (expensive) hobby.

don't fucking dare to be poor in central yurop.

Get a job you pleb, you have a ton of arabs to support.

What about your Mexicans?

Cost me like 600ish€ in Poortugal, though in total it was about 800 cause I failed my first driving exam cause I was a total retard.

>tfw I see random people doing the same stupid shit I did and fully understand why I failed.

Iowa driver's license was $32, Arizona was $25

Portugal, 500€

185€ including VAT

Germany BTFO by Czechs once again.

What did you do user?

a normal B license in germany costs around 1000-1500€ if your not a retard and fail it atleast 5 times.
OP is a cunt

it can vary a lot by region. berlin is very cheap but smaller cities like op mentioned can easily be above 3000. after all there is no maximum to the pricing

>I heard driving tests and license costs are a joke in America. How much truth is there to this?
somewhat true.
I live in MO
$35
I can drive any motorcycle I want. it's also a class E for driving a tow truck at work

Mine was free through the high school in Canada. Though I had to pay a $50 registration to get my license from an insurance office.

Car license $150
Mid truck license $95
Big Ridgid truck license $95
Commercial passenger license $1500 (work paid for that one)
Heavy recovery license $1300
Forklift license $600 (work paid for that one too)
then I have $500 to renew passengers and recovery every 5 years, which work pays me back $2.50/week or something like that.

It's not bad. It's all shit i need for work.

This kinda shit.
Someone posted a perfect example not too long ago, but you'll have to take this shitty one, can't really explain it that well.

I'm German and I paid 1200 total.

What? Do I get it right that you failed because you didn't go a perfect circle? Really? I cut corners every day and I did it during my test too.

The license? Or like the tests to get one? License is like, 10 euro a year converted. Tests are about 5 euro for written and 50 euro for practical.

Pretty much yeah, I did it multiple times and just got told to pull over. I understand why though, when some car does this kinda shit and gets uncomfortably close to me I cringe a little.

you're crossing the lane of the left guy

Sure, but going by the red line is dumb too.
There are no lines on junctions in here. So no lines = no crossing.

Oh the red line is a mistake as well, you're supposed to do something like this.

let me guess you got your license from your buddy Steve down the road.

Interesting. I guess we just don't have that over here. Can you get a ticket for that? (In case I will go to Portugal for holidays again)

No. No I didn't. In fact the overseer was a guy that everybody was afraid of because he WILL kick you out if he thinks you for example don't shift enough etc.

You could probably get a ticket, but don't quote me on that.

Belgium, around 70€. 15 for the theorical, around 35 for the practical, and 20 for the licence itself. I don't understand how fucking retard still take overpriced driving classes.

Poortugal too, I spent about 300€ because I'm from Lisbon

Oh.. so that's why none of the taxi drivers were migrants when I was in cuckland a couple years ago.

No, that's because they don't want to work (they can, they just don't want to).

With a class A CDL with all endorsements and license to dive and go to Mexico and Canada and drive a motorcycle its about 550 USD in my state. the training to get a CDL is about 5000 USD

Talking about taxi drivers specifically - long-running stereotype of taxi drivers in large American cities all being Arab or Indian.

High cost of licensing would be a preventative factor on top of any laws preventing non-citizens from receiving licenses, right?

Damn son that's cheap, I'm in Porto and shit's around 500~
Though I've heard of some schools lowering it down to 300 in the summer so everyone who's about to go to uni gets their license.

But you don't have extremely strong social policy in the US, do you?

800€ without the theory lessons ( France )

where THE FUCK do you live where GIF related is mandatory?

Depends who you ask, really. Most of them are wrong though.

It's obviously not a perfect 90º turn, though that would be pretty cool to see.

Around 500€ for 1 month of theoretical classes and 10 practical classes 9 years ago in Spain

4500 euros with 28 lessons in the Netherlands, Theory was 30 plus I failed once so 60 total and each exam is like 300 euros

>4500 euros
ok, it stopped being funny long ago.
where will this end, this is RIDICULOUS.
why not flatout banning cars in europe? doesn't need a lot more anyways anymore.

And we haven't had anyone from Denmarcuckland in here yet...

My work just paid for my MC (Road Train) licence. Shit was like $2500.

Ontario, Canada

>pay 80 maple dollars
>have to correctly answer 20 questions (which I just studied the night before, for an hour) in the written test
>be legally able to drive a 4500lbs truck after that

it's actually a bit stupid and careless imho but eh

Because of the barrier to entry cars are cheap as fuck. I know eurofags that bitch about an STI being 1250 euro.
I would pay 4900 ISD for a licence if i could then have a back yard full of cars... an STI that doesnt move (im not joking the transmission was ran out of oil and will go 6 inches forward or backwards then dead stop) goes for 5500 usd, it was on craigslist for a day then sold... classic mussle with no title engine interrior or dash, 15000 usd. Ameriasht DD FWD 5 speed 4 banger from the 90's 3000 usd
Any time you want to trade im down just call up trump an dtell him he is a pumpkin if he doent do this rednecks will hate him.

Lithuania
Used to be 300 euromonies, but now it's 500 because muh taxes

>4500lbs
Thats only 2 tonnes. Some sedans weight that.

4500 is not even that much here buddy of mine is a slow learner and had +-50 lessons and failed twice so total cost was about 6000 euros.
and first 5 years you get a 'new' driver license so if you ever do get 3 points youre fucked and have to do everything again.
Pic related is my shitbox

fair enough

still

>answer 20 retarded easy traffic questions
>no road test/no other test whatsoever
>"here go ahead and drive away!"

yeah for the first year you have to drive with someone with a full license in the passenger seat but point still stands. its retardely easy and almost careless but I think I prefer that to 4500 eurobucks and weeks of classes

Romania
450$
What is wrong with your german prices

this might take a while, so bear with me... also lots has probably changed, i got my license like a decade ago (god i feel old writing that)

> DQT (driver knoweledge test) (age 16)
> pay a fee to sit test
> if pass, pay another fee to get learners permit

> log driving hours with licensed driver next to you (not P1 or P2), need 50 hours total
> 0.00BAC limit
> 0 demerit points
> limited to 80kmh (50mph)

> DART (Driving ability road test) (after 12 months on learner permit, not including suspensions or cancellations)
> pay a fee, take DART
> roughly 20 minute driving test comprosing hill start, reverse parallel park, 3 point turn, single and multi lane roads, traffic lights, pedestrian crossings, roundabouts
> some things are instafail
> some things are points off your total
> need 85(?) to pass
> if pass, pay another fee, get provisional 1 license

> P1 license
> limit increased to 90kmh (a little over 56mph)
> 0.00BAC limit
> only one passenger under 25 between 11pm and 5am
> no turbos
> no more than 6 cyl
> 4 points on license

> HPT (hazard perception test) (after 12 months on P1, not including suspensions or cancellations)
> pay a fee, take HPT
> computerised test, shows a video of a random traffic scenario, touch screen when you think is safe to complete whatever manouvere
> again, 85 or more to pass
> if pass, pay ANOTHER fee, acquire Provisional 2 license

> Provisional 2 license
> speed limit increased again, 100kmh now (62.5mph)
> 0.00BAC
> passenger restriction lifted
> still no turbo or v8
> 7 points on license

> DQT (driver qualification test) (after 24 months on P2, not including suspensions or cancellations)
> pay a fee, take DQT
> combination of DQT and HPT, but harder questions
> if pass, pay another fee, get NSW drivers license, class C

> C class license
> 4500kg (9900lb) GVM maximum
> 12 seats max including driver
> 0.05BAC limit

and thats just for a fucking NORMAL CAR

what country an/o/n ?

a full permit is something between 1000€ and 1500€. You have 3 years with a learners' permit (6 points) and are supposed to be limited to 100kph (~60mph)

New South Wales, Australia

oh ok
> if pass, pay another fee, get NSW drivers license, class C

I didn't get the hint, thank you

>4000 eurobux
Auch NRW kleinstadt hier, niemand kommt über 1400€. Wo in aller welt bist du?

Vielleicht meinte er mit NRW "Nicht im Rheinland oder sonstwo im Westen"

>I live in Germany and here it can be anywhere from 2500-4000€ in my area.
You have huge social welfare programs that tons of refugee immigrants are using up. So you got to pay for it. And Germany dumped a lot of money into corrupt Greece. What Greece should have done was reverse charge the corrupt people instead of letting them keep the ill-gotten gains.

Cost of the learner's permit: $80-$90 depending on county
Cost of driver's ed if you want a license at 17: varies
Cost of a five hour course to get an unrestricted license at 18: about $40-$50
Road test: First two are free.
Cost of the license you get as an adult for 8 years: $64.25 - $102.50 depending on your age and county you live in

Total cost: $184.25 to $345, not including driver's ed if you want the license a year earlier (costs a few hundred dollars) or cost of gas while learning to drive (minimum hours supervised driving by parent/guardian)

here
forgot image

>I cut corners every day and I did it during my test too.
The only reason you don't hit people like me is because I don't go to the full legal limit of my left turn lane. I assume people like you are going to cut corners so I leave you that room to cheat. Even doing so, there have been a few scary times.

Lmao, last time I renewed my license it cost me 15 dollars. Wtf is Europe smoking.

I think you misunderstood me, I don't go over the "legal limit of your left turn lane" I always leave enough room there. But I don't do the whole "almost right angle" shit.
Renewal is free in here AFAIK.

>Erika
>Mustermann
KERL'D

Passed my driving license in France. Roughly 1200€ total with training and exam both for theory and practice. Could have been less but I had to retake a few hours extra because my practical exam got rescheduled months after the initial date.

Toothpasteland
Getting the VC ard itself printed costs 50 euro
Moped license (50 cc) in 2008, 44 euros because back then it was only a theoretical exam and nothing more. Now people need to do an actual driving exam as well

Car in 2011. 1300 euro for theoretical exam, books for the theoretical exam, 20 driving lessons and the driving exam. I passed in 1 time, so mine was pretty cheap. I have friends who needed up to 66 lessons, and ones that passed after 5 attempts

Motorcycle in 2013. 1100 for theoretical exam, books, 2 driving exams and 18 lessons. Here we need 2 exams for motorcycles. One is a special skills exam in which you need to show stuff like a 5 kph slalom, slow riding between traffic lines, which is walking speed, emergency braking, stuff like that. The other exam is on the road.

I still need to do another motorcycle exam soon. I have A2 now, I'm only allowed to ride bikes up to 35 kW and 0.2kW/kg. The bike also cannot originally have more than 70kW so no neuteres R6 or something. I'm 24 y/o now, so I can get the big boy bike permit after another exam

Jews I tell ya

California, $33 lasts 5 years I think.

Yes, you get a ticket for "dangerous maneuver of change of direction" as you are blocking potential oncoming traffic that might turn right. If you want to go full autist, Article 44 of the portuguese road regulations. Fine ranges 60-300€ depending on the situation, but it's usually 120€.

>up to 66 lessons, and ones that passed after 5 attempts
What the fuck. Do your friends have special needs?

250$, Eastern europe here

>still no turbo or v8
So a NA V12 is OK?

>Stockholm, Sweden
950€ or so, passed theoretical and practical test on the first try. Got six driving lessons but most of them were a waste of time desu, could've done with two or three.

About 1000€ here in Funland

>thinking US driving test is the same as Yurop driving test

a lot of people pass it at first time, but with all the skills tested during a driving test, you could fail it even if you know how to drive.

800 euros in northern Italy, passed the first time

OP is full of shit. I paid 1000€ for my license including dozens of hours of mandatory lessons.

like 800-900 euro with everything, IIRC.

European license prices aren't for the bureaucratic act of printing you a license, they're for dozens of hours of mandatory lessons as well as the exams. I won't have to renew my license until 2033, and in the past licenses NEVER had to be renewed. Renewing a license is a completely different thing from getting a license.

I'm from Germany, bucko. Needing 66 lessons and 5 exams is pure retardation.

2012 - AM,

7$ cuz i was a good boy

Total cost to get a drivers license when I was 16? Probably like $200. Can be even less depending on the state, some have free drivers ed in school.

I paid like 50Usd like why the fuck is it so expensive in Europe?

>B license, only bare minimum driving lessons, 800€
>A license, 1 hour over bare minimum riding lessons, 1086€

Germany, car license was in 2007, bike license last year

France : Between 1300€ to 2000€ for the worst ones

In the US they have to pay 50$ or something and they have to bring their own car

it was not a lot but I got driving lessons because the instructors are able to skip appointments/lines when you take your test so I got my license at the end of the workweek after ~4 days of lessons

It's $36 in my US state.

German here!
I'm 22 and finally got mine. Basically I asked the driving school if I can pay by month with a fixed amount (200€ in my case) which I could afford.
They agreed happily I paid ~1800 in total.

>Country
Norway

>A1
Motorcycles/mopeds up to 125cc and 15hp
Cost me $1700 at 16 years of age

>B
Standars cars with a total allowed weight of 3.5 tonnes, maximum 9 passengers, and you're allowed to tow 750kg over the limit, or the remainder weight between the car and total limit. Cost me $2200 at 18

>BE
Extension for B, allowed to tow a 3.5 tonne trailer aswell as driving a 3.5 tonne car, whereas with the standard license you'd realistically be restricted to a total of 3.5 tonnes, meaning that for most cars you'd never be allowed to tow more than around 2 tonnes, and that is if the car has an allowed maximum weight of 3.5 tonnes.
Cost me about $1000 at 19

>T
Tractor and trailer up to a total weight of 25 tonnes, and up to 50kph
Cost me nothing, as it was included with my BE

>S
Snowmobiles of any size and class.
Free, provided by my workplace due to working as ski patrol/lift service

I'm from a small town too, I don't know anyone that paid more than 1500.

I paid 2000 for car+motorcycle licenses at once

You're either retarded or trying to bait the other retards into ranting like this one>tfw you did 220kph during highway lessons and never managed to beat that since

Around 1000€ here in Croatia, that includes a medical exam

aprox. €500 here in Romania, including driving lessons, legislation lessons and all needed taxes and papers.

Fortunatelly I was able to pass it on the first try and w/o any bribe. There were folks who just went with extra €100-200 so they'd make sure they pass. Also have a bunch of friends who failed 3 times and gave up.

Which makes me think either was I lucky, either they're a bunch of fucking retards. To this day there are some guys who still don't believe I didn't gave any euroshekel to the cop.

Just a question, do they allow learners to go to the absolute limit in terms of speed on the autobahn?

Both of my driving/ riding instructors let me go WOT
>golf tdi maxed out at like 185kph
>78hp nakedbike got up to ~180kph

As long as it's save to do so and feel save with you driving

How else are you supposed to learn driving on it?

They pretty much force you to go all out at least once in driving school.
Limits (or lack of) apply to everyone equally, but if you go faster than 130 km/h and crash, you're automatically partially at fault.

You're not actually automatically partially at fault, but you CAN be deemed partially at fault for high speed even though your speed was legal.

About £1250 all in all. £60 for the driving test, £20 for the theory test, and the rest on driving lessons.

In Britain you can get your m8s or your relatives to teach you how to drive so you don't necessarily need to shell out for an instructor. Unfortunately I couldn't get my parents to teach me because they don't know how to drive manual.

What's it like in continental Europe? I hear in most countries paying for a driving instructor is mandatory and not optional?