/dat/

/dat/
are we banned from making threads because of the absolute abortions that the last 8765678 threads have been?
i'm going to try one in case we arent and you're all a buncha lazy kunce.

Other urls found in this thread:

caradvice.com.au/513690/hsv-gts-r-w1-final-editions-spied-last-ute-and-sedan-models-spotted-in-victoria/
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/abbotsbury/cars-vans-utes/bmw-e30-318i-coupe/1139456063
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

buying new car soon
Thoughts on WRX wagon vs WRX STI sedan?
wagon has more room, less cop baity and praticality but is the weaker 5 speed gearbox and engine.
STI sedan is cop baity, better engine and 6 speed but not as practical.
i've had a 5 speed subarinos and other 5 speeds in the past and on freeways an extra gear would go a long way rather than dying with the engine at 3,000rpm at 80 let alone the ear rape of 4,000-5,000 at 110.
any owners of either?

>want to buy a new daily that's actually quick
>have to fix the current daily that's a garbage 4wd before I can sell it
>project car is in pieces so fixing the daily means doing it all in one shot and hoping I don't need to go to the shops and get parts that I didn't know I needed

Fuck, do I just go out and buy a shitty beater to drive while I fix the 4wd or do I try and budget for a decent daily and hope the 4wd sells for a good amount?

Falcunt is banned and falcunt makes them.

Nah, if we were banned from making threads and that cancerous sticker advertisement thread were still up then shits fucked ay lads

>4000 rpm at 110
Get the 6 speed.

What 4wd and what do you have to do on it?

Pajeroo 2.5 diesel, needs shifter seals because one is torn and pouring gearbox oil out the top, timing belt + crank seal because the cunt who did it last time didn't do it right and it's pissing oil out there as well, and a clutch master cylinder.

I also want to check my injector timing since it has the symptoms of being a bit retarded, but that requires buying a dial gauge and fucking around with the pump, which is the one thing I'm not confident about touching on it.

G'day cunts thank yous op for blessin' us wif a lobly dat thread. I just bought myself a spice new ute for transportin' teh roos I 'it on me comute ter me Corn on the Cob fully Uncle Dick bolt on barra engine in me cummy ute doin' mad skids naw

wew, hope you have a mate that can drive you to the parts store. Seems the last owner was cunt with his repairs, you'll find other shit that'll need to be corrected
Do you happen to be that guy that got the red s12?

I've already fixed up a bunch of stuff like the rear main + clutch, a few suspension bushes, and pretty much the entire steering assembly, but now it's just those last few items and it'll be a genuinely good car.

I do have the red S12, yeah. Engine is out, now I'm figuring out how to stuff an L67 in it.

I wish we were banned from making threads. /dat/ is a mistake

this, fucking postie ruined this shit and falcunt drove the nail in the coffin

>Just want to talk about cars and have everyone be friends
>Falcunt shitposting about postie wearing diapers
>Postie going postal about admin powers
>Cunts doxxing and threatening eachother

What the fuck is wrong with some of you, stop trying to act like hardasses because we all know that's bullshit.

Can we just have one thread where we keep it chill and actually discuss cars?

falcunt started ruining it, jimmy really ruined it, then falcunt put the nail in the coffin with his discord bitching.

Falcunt's discord bitching highlighted the serious problems going on in dicksword. Postie had serious issues with the other admins and was extremely powerhungry.

Made what could have been a good place into a shithole and he is partially responsible for this mess.

agreed but the constant bitching on here about it made things worse here. at least discord was self contained.

Any recommendations for a reasonably fast 4WD that I could get for under 3.5 - 4 grand?

It spilled out from discord specifically because of postie. Falcunt actually has acted normal in discord for the last week, if postie and friends did not abuse him he would have been nowhere near as bad on here.

Postie is responsible for riling falcunt up and splintering the discord, falcunt is a sperg as always.

That's what discord is for, It was made for that exact purpose.

its not hard to rile falcunt up though. he reeeeees over anything.

Exactly, postie knew this and intentionally riled him up. Because postie wanted drama and to go nuclear, after the drama with barney and skids.

This is why postie is responsible for a good portion of this place being shit.

he is a tripfag man what do you expect, giant attentionwhoring faggot

unironically this
postie should have shut the fuck up from day one and let the real admins do their job

STi is the superior vehicle but the WRX is the easier daily driver.

>but is the weaker 5 speed gearbox and engine
It's plenty strong enough for regular use. The issue is that the boyracer who owned it prior thrashed it on the regular, peeling out of 7-11 car parks and Maccas drive-thrus and racing riced out Civics at the lights.

You'll still face the same issues with an abused STi.

>wagon has more room, less cop baity and praticality
These are also benefits. It isn't a track car, but a fun daily, right? It certainly has practicality, and as long as you've got a reasonable exhaust coppers won't be looking twice at a wagon. The front gives it away, though. If you want absolute stealth do a FMIC conversion and replace the scooped bonnet with that off a standard Impreza. But that shouldn't be necessary.

good points
dealbreaker really is the 6 speed gearbox.
i could see any sti with spoiler delete or the subtle ducktail one on base wrx/bugeye STI getting minimal attention.
FMIC is a bit of a hassle, TMIC isnt ideal for heatsoak etc but many prefer to use heatshield or upgrade the TMIC over cutting the crashbar and messing with foglights to fit a FMIC.

Why is there a daily thread for us but not for American, Brits, whatever?

americans have cali etc threads which are common
ive seen uk threads specific to regions
its fair enough we have one

Pretty obvious why there isn't a us thread
And the brit thread's been around for a while

if falcunt is acting normal it is because his mother has been shown every single one of his recent posts
there was no drama, barney and skids spat the dummy when we asked them to stop acting like retards

postie defense force

fuck off, you are half responsible

That's what my falcon turned into, didn't notice the odo was broken when I got it, probably has over 500k km, nearly replaced everything.

L67 is the supercharged one? Might need to make a bulge on the bonnet, looking forward to seeing how it turns out

>L67 is the supercharged one?
Yeah, if it doesn't fit then I'll be doing that, but there's definitely enough space in the engine bay for the 3.8

The main headache I'm facing now is figuring out which wiring is for the old engine and which is for the shit I actually need to keep. It's a real mess under there.

I'd imagine finding info on the electricals for the S12s would be a headache. What transmission you thinking of using?

The 4L60E to start with, there's an auto trans shop I know that can do basically anything I want with it, and the S12 is auto already so I can't be fucked converting it to el manuél.

pajjies sell pretty good, i sold my 4 yo pajjie for a decent price and bought a nice shit box to bash around in.

Found another MK4 Golf for parts finally outside of being jewed by the wreckers. What would you guys recommend for cleaning carpet and upholstery?

vacuum then carpet shampoo

Discord is the reason /dat/ is fucked.

I've been looking at used cars, like a lightish rwd coupe, there seems to be so little to choose from.
everything from 70s-90s is raped to shit and overpriced, everything recent is pigfat and I didn't really want a car with canbus, wanted a simpler car I could wrench on.

>skids
Spinning uncontrollably into a tree is technically skids. You're correct.

can i tell you about my old high school friend?
>friends since reception
>we make it all the way to year 12
>he decides he wants a brand new car for his first car
>finances a brand-spanking-new 2015 fiesta
>for 2k extra he optioned an automatic on a base model
>23k in debt, he drops out before final exams for a job at a servo
havent seen him for two years until yesterday
>still working at same servo
>got a new girlfriend from tinder
>6 months strong
>he gives her the fiesta so she can get to work every day
>he decides he needs a new car now
>buys a 2010 Falcon XR6 ute, 95xxxkm for 21,000
>has his new gf paying off the fiesta payments while he's doing the falcon one
>around 30k in debt already
i feel bad for him

VN-VS, XD-AU are relatively light for a large sedan and cheap

VB-VL are good mid-size and are fairly light and basic as fuck

older 323, 626, 929's are good

gemini's, ke70's and ae71's are simple as fuck

the days of cheap valiants, kingswoods and XA-XC are long gone

It's an old '91 model, but I reckon I can get around 5 grand for it once I'm done fixing it. It's not going to be mint, but it'll at least be in good shape compared to a lot of similar ones I've seen.

Hell, if the pump timing is actually out and it goes faster after I set it, I might keep it. Damn thing is just too slow to be a daily right now.

Time to make a decision. The shitbox EF I my current daily but will be down for a few days while the head is off. My F150 project is in pieces.

Do I get back on a bike or invest in a non shitbox related daily driver?

Kinda keen to get another motorbike but at the same time on scumtree I see a lot of low kilometre BF fairlanes popping up which I can't explain why but I want one as well.

The car makes more sense and would be useful for more than one person as well as carrying stuff, but wheelies and fun.

What do?

get every part you need together in one spot and replace the head in one day, take a day off work if you need to

dont buy a vehicle, its too expensive for such a short term fix

Whats something good I can write in my tinder bio?

caradvice.com.au/513690/hsv-gts-r-w1-final-editions-spied-last-ute-and-sedan-models-spotted-in-victoria/

>with a stonking 476kW of power and 820Nm of torque

Fuck me

According to Aussie_Muscle, this is the exact same identical car to his SV6.

Buy a corolla or a civic, keep your EF if you want, build it up with a barra overtime, etc.

Will suck cocks for KFC burger box

Its probably closer to a V8 supercar than his SV6

postie?

do i install gull wing or suicide doors on my 121???????

>australian general
>not a single person has mentioned Fosters
I am disappointed in you lads

both

Gull wings on the front, suicide doors on the rear, obviously.

reported

Thats the shit beer we export. Leaving us with slightly less shitty beer.

Going to coffs again.
Sean will puss out like last week.

just proving you postie alliance faggots cannot let it go. see why we blame you and not falcunt?

Does anywhere else in australia use this cancer method of surfacing roads as my town has started to do? They literally just put a layer of pure tar down then sprinkle some rocks over it for grip. It results in freeways and residential streets with the consistency of a dirt road that are loud as fuck

Maybe I should have added, t. big scary trucker

Asphalt?

most of New Zealand used to be like that
but it wears out too quickly when trucks are using it
as chip seal wears out they are replacing it with asphalt or concrete

Yes. Spray seal road makes up the majority of highway in Australia. But we use precoated blue metal rock.

Alright, which poof did this? I know it's one of you guys.

I got a interview tomorrow and I'm kinda nervous. Been a few years since I worked and I'm not sure how to answer the questions

Main 2 that bother me are 1. If they ask what I've been doing since I last worked, do I just tell them I'm a neet who spent his days jacking off and playing vidja and 2. the dreaded "Tell me about yourself"

>tell me about yourself
list your hobbys and interests and any personal projects you have going on. Dont lie but dont tell the complete truth ie "i work on cars, i hope to get x working and y done by next weekend" instead of "i googled my problem and got nothing so i jerked my gherkin to katawa shoujo instead, let me tell you about my waifu"
>what have you been doing since
You should be ashamed you lazy fuck, but just incase, say you have been up skilling yourself since your last job to help your employability. ie fake a first aid course and a yellow card and you shouldn't look like a neet fuck

1. No ofcourse not.
2. Im into mechanics, working on my car, rebuilding things, and 3 more lies

Thats a good idea. I'll make sure to lie that I have a project car so they dont think my daily is an unreliable shit. Which it 100% is

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/abbotsbury/cars-vans-utes/bmw-e30-318i-coupe/1139456063

Am I a retard for wanting this?

Everywhere around me has the rock mixed in with the asphalt, not just stuck on top

>used BMW
>am i retarded for wanting this?
Absolutely

Yes. Most prob owned by a leb.

It is usually the base that gives out. As a properly applied 2 coat seal holds up extremely well. Especially if given a rubberized seal over the top at a later date.

They do that a lot in Wagga Wagga. The extreme temperatures in winter and summer then cause the road to contract and expand and create all these awful ripples. Wagga roads suck nuts.

Is 4000 dollarydoos an acceptable amount to pay for a 6th generation Toyota Celica SX?

Depending on condition

get a t56, auto is sloppy as.
and don't bother with the getrag, it will shit itself with the l67 eventually.

Hey guys need some info about daily driving with a welded/spooled diff.

This is my vy and I want to do mad skids and drifts in it. I don't want to spend 2k on a 2 way diff for a shitty v6 commo, so should I full spool or weld the diff?
And how bad is is driving daily with a locked diff as I live in the inner suburbs of melbourne and there's heaps of tight corners and narrow roads.

Asphalt would be the layer that would otherwise be laid on top, which here is non existent. That pic is a bitumen emulsion sealer that's had blue metal (usually 7mm) laid on top and rolled in as a wear liner. Pretty much nailed it.
The rock would be laid under the asphalt.

You will fukken hate life. Do it properly or stick with motorbike dynos

how can I drift this tin can without a locked diff tho?
do you have a car with a locked diff? let me test drive it please.

I've driven them with a locked diff. It's a shitty and dangerous way to do it. Ive got a torsional LSD in my current car

>I don't want to spend 2k on a 2 way diff for a shitty v6 commo, so should I full spool or weld the diff?
If you want the ongoing expense of replacing halfshafts and accelerated tyre wear in the effort to save some cash upfront for an inferior outcome, sure.

I don't mind the tyre wear, as I'll just have shitty tyres on the car anyway. do they really snap axles that quickly? I was under the impression that it took a while for that to happen.
Honestly though, there's no point wasting 2k on a 2 way diff for a v6 commo, espcially when it's a daily too.

That's like a truetrac diff right? how do you find it for skids and drifts?

HOLY FUCK SHUT THE FUCK UP CUNTS.

You retards are literally the reason /dat/ is such a fucking shitfight. Every few days I make the mistake of coming in to see if there's anything interesting happening and 100% of the time, 90% of the thread are spastic cunts like you talking exclusively about 'postie this' and 'falcunt that'.

NOBODY. FUCKING. CARES.

Shut the fuck up about trips. Shut the fuck up about that postie retard. Shut the fuck up about that falcunt retard.

Jesus christ I'm so fucking triggered right now.

wtf is wrong with my RB20DET? it runs on 5 cylinders at idle and when you get to around 3000-4000rpm it sputters and backfires like hell.
the problem appeared after I had an electrical gremlin that caused ignition power to be suddenly lost and the starter signal fuse to be blown when attempting to restart. that problem went away after I replaced the battery.

Have you checked the pixies come out of all the spark plugs?

If we export Fosters to America, the average quality of beer in both countries increases.

nice

For a car with driveshaft a welded diff is going to fuck them 6 ways from Sunday. If it was a Ute with a live axle it would be better but still retarded

Torsional LSD is fine for drifts but if you let off throttle while sideways, you're losing it

Thank postie for this shit. He just had to tripfag like an attentionwhore.

unironically this, postie is a pathetic loser who ruined this board

So fucking filter him or ignore him. As you should do to all tripniggers.

>cunt wants attention
>you cunts give them attention
>thread after thread after thread is literal shit
>you cunts are clueless as to why

fuck me

How will the yanks recover?

Postie tried bullying falcunt and now he's getting more than he expected, it's amusing mate.
Falcunt was saying he's going to go down to SA and fuck postie up, time will tell but one thing's clear is that autistic cum tributing cunt shitposted so hard and pissed everyone off so much he earned the honor of being fatcunt's new jimmy

i almost feel bad for him, falcunt is completely fixated now

Be a bit more specific mate?

You first. What's the condition?

>postie
>falcunt
>postie
>falcunt
>postie
>falcunt

holy fuck you dumb shit licking cunt. Shut the fuck up nobody fucking cares.