/ceg/ - Conan Exiles General

#185 official server edition

>Official Links
Website - conanexiles.com/
Steam Store - store.steampowered.com/app/440900/

>What is Conan Exiles?
Conan Exiles is a survival game made by the devs of Age of Conan, and it's currently on the Early Access fun ride.

>Official Premium Veeky Forums Servers
old server (wiped feb 16th!): 104.143.12.130:7927 (Veeky Forums videogames)
new server : 69.162.126.51:7777 (Veeky Forums hyena funhouse)
newer & pve server: 167.114.119.176:39615
(Veeky Forums comfy server)

>Server not showing in the list?
Go to your Properties for Conan Exiles on Steam, and open the Launch Options, then type in : +connect 104.143.12.130:7927 or +connect 69.162.126.51:7777

>Helpful hint of the day
Don't play on servs with gods

>Discord:
discord.gg/wJGbGde

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/cegeneral

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

battlemetrics.com/servers/conanexiles/754236?playerCount=7D&serverRank=3M&timePlayed=3M&uniqueFirst=3M
youtube.com/watch?v=38sPNZ8QHO4
my.mixtape.moe/nievfa.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=-inb4pVqoJU
topconanservers.com/server/167.114.119.176:39616
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what a shitty OP

fag

reminder to be partially aesthetic and cease any rectangular activity!

kys yourself

are all the unofficial servers dead?

fuck officials, there are too many exploits to play on a server without an admin

every time i lose connection to a server and press return to menu it keeps loading

ahh we meet again

>tfw was gonna make why can't i hold all these iron reinforcements edition
Dang

Are you playing by yourself?

I'm actually hoping this game will become something like a small sandbox mmo.
Hopefully they'l add more religions,role play features and dunegons with traps and shit.

That's the dream, but with the amount of complaints on the forums devs will likely respond with focusing on base raiding content.

Having a steady pvp base for the game couldn't hurt maybe funcom can finally make the hyborian age set game they want.

I love PvP focused games but can't stand Rust PvP.

Innever played rust so what is so bad about it?

This is not nearly as cancerous as Rust.

>no hitscan guns
>no weekly wipes

it's unconditional, no rules PvP with zero economical foundation
there's no point to it all, no background story, no real reason to achieve success over other players aside from m-muh salt

To be fair, balanced PvP should be the priority for a game dev's perspective. Good PvP is kind of like a strong modding scene, both can extend a game's lifespan during times where the more interesting additions like new areas and continued plot lines are still a ways off from being finished, both are especially vital in EA survival games, and can make or break the game in question.

It seems like Funcom realizes this, which is why they were so quick to release modding support, and why they seem to be focused on working the kinks out of PvP.

>Kaban Exiles
Ha!
>Serval. Befriend. Do-not-eat.

I better build the model of the model of my base first.

>I'm actually hoping this game will become something like a small sandbox mmo.
The sad thing is, none of these new online sandbox games are really designed to support "massive" amounts of players, so they won't have the MMO feel to them. It's also safer for the developers to just follow the formula that's known to work with these survival sandbox games.
Even Wurm Online, one of the longest running true sandbox MMOs, decided to do one last cash grab and divide its playerbase with player servers (Wurm Unlimited).
I hope this trend won't continue much longer and we get to see new sandbox worlds with high player counts, balanced PvP and the other things you mentioned. (How's the MMO version of LiF coming along? Haven't checked in ages.)
But we'll see how Conan Exiles turns out when it gets closer to release.

>muh salt

G'DAY CUNTS, IT'S YA BOI ZUCKLES.

>people say they enjoy pvp
>but i need a reason!
>griefing kids is not a reason

a bland reason
might as well go play dota 2 because i'm "playing to win" or "to have fun!"

How'd you get up? The side structure? Also fuck you.

Thanks for killing the game

The stairs in the back, I placed an explosive jar and jumped off it to the ledge.

thats what I deserve for thinking no one could jump down

good work

show your face at fort sensible again and you will suffer

the big guys can not have this

That's how I get over most 1 block high walls

No problemo!

i was diggin comfy serb til he nerfed the rates

Spider farm outpost is pretty much setup, just need a wood bed and a dancer to make it optimal.

Have a smelter and hide thingy for repairs, along with a small fire and boxes.

Downloading this now, never played anything like it before. Should I play on an official server?

Seriously, why did he nerf the rates? To appease one idiot who almost certainly didn't even join the server before switching to 148?

Give me reasonable rates and I'll change them. I don't think 2x harvest is so bad, but I'm not going to whine if more people are comfortable with higher rates.

>Been without playing for a week.
>Try single player to see how performance changed
>I can run it on ultra again. Sweet
>MFW I try dodging.
>MFW I can take down a croc and 3 wildlings at once on level 1
Did they fix combat? Those moves are pretty sweet.

sweet

refund it

The 3x rates you originally had were a good balance. Not so absurdly high that no lifers would run out of things to do quickly, but not so low that people who actually have things they do would only be able to build a single shitshack before calling it a day.

First off, you're multiplying the sources of exp but not exp itself. XP Rate is still at vanilla.

Stam cost .7, we don't need to worry about PvP balancing of stamina.

Logged out characters should be checked off, it reduces lag and there's no reason for people to be in the world to loot.

3x gather was preferable to 2x, if i wanted 2x i would have stuck to hyena.

Everything else is fine.

Noted. I'm headed home shortly.

Might also be a good time to mention that, while pvp is off, building damage is still on

AHAHAHAHA TIME TO SUMMON YOG

fuck off pickle

TOO LATE

We have a Veeky Forums group on official 185 with 2-3 outposts around the server so far.
battlemetrics.com/servers/conanexiles/754236?playerCount=7D&serverRank=3M&timePlayed=3M&uniqueFirst=3M

We have found a streamfag on the server we can bully in time (right now he's higher tier) and some semi-friendly russkies and normies (not KOS'ing).

Although if you're new, maybe find a high multiplier server to learn the ropes before trying vanilla.

You are playing by yourself at this point

Is this game like Rust but with actually stuff to do?

The only similarity is that they are both early access survival sandbox memes. Apparently it's more akin to Ark than Rust, but I have never played Ark.

There's definitely more to do as far as PvE content.

shitshacks best shacks

CEASE

Comfy pooped out, showed as online though it was not. Restarting.

>made same race/slider/hair choice for two chars
>pubic hair is different color on one?

Matted from all the protein

Pve is a mildly unsatisfying means to an end right now.
Especially with npc archers being wall-eyed loons who fire two feet over your head unerringly.

You can have some fun taking down big game with a group and building, but the real joy is in interacting with other players.

I urgently want archers to work properly so I have a reason to break some archer thralls.

All the lv 2 Darfari archers I see are going to waste as grist for Mitra.

skin color changes pussy/dick/armpit hair.

ded thred

Dead game

i'm too lazy to mod

test

Can't connect to comfy what the fuck?

Weird, there were 8 of us on just a moment ago.

we're on right now, playing.

Can someone take a screenshot of this armpit hair. I have over 100 hours in and I literally never noticed it.

Not part of the conversation but here.

Oh. I thought those were just texture seams.

Pls respond. Combat is what made me drop the game, but now it seems fairly good.

no, if you want good combat play for honor

youtube.com/watch?v=38sPNZ8QHO4

my.mixtape.moe/nievfa.webm

How does this look?

ye people use lag switches in tekken and street fighter too, nut up faggot

Warband*

river city ransom*

Rashiiiidooooooo

comfy why have you forsaken me

can i bully people in this game?

sorry edge, hyena is ded

How so? I'm in right now.

Any cheap ways to kill the Dragon bosses?

ye, we're on #185 dealing with a 40-something year old bully that plays the game 12-18 hours a day

I've tried getting in 4 times keeps kicking me out to main menu

youtube.com/watch?v=-inb4pVqoJU

Any error messages? Or just a boot?

sounds like me desu

do you have a gaggle of 30-40 something year old NEETs with lisps and audible asperger's as yesmen to join you in your autistic adventures?

Just a boot

are you using the +connect thing in the properties?

i'm going to restart the server, see if that does anything

Nah using the direct connect in game

Do you still have mods active on your client? They were removed from the server due to the problems they were causing.

Nope, I was on like 30 mins ago and it was fine

So I exited to the main menu when I restarted the server and I too got booted without warning. I restarted my client completely and that just got me in.

Is the ip address for the pve server in the op right? I added it into my server list on steam and it just keeps telling me it's not responding to server queries.

The fug? Yeah, it's correct, it's the one I use when I don't use this:

topconanservers.com/server/167.114.119.176:39616

Yeah its not listed on the steam server yet so you have to either use it as a launch option, direct connect in game or

steam://connect/167.114.119.176:39616

in a web browser

Ah. I always just add ip's into my favorite list and filter the results in game. good to know that it's just something with steam.

I haven't been able to add games in the server ui in steam lately. I've always had to find it in the list with thousands of servers to add it to favorites.

Dammit. Problem with just connecting from the steam server window was that I didn't realize it had battleeye enabled. Guess I gotta reinstall it.

How much health?

Ded thred
ded gaem

It's comfy on Comfy Server, just saying :^)

25k, ideally they should've been clawing each other to death if you stacked them

Oh yeah, makes sense.