Looking to buy a Suzuki Samurai, any tips?

Looking to buy a Suzuki Samurai, any tips?

>What are some main problems with them I should look out for?
>What should I expect to pay for certain models?
>Are there any Samurai years that are preferred?
>Anything else worth mentioning?

I will be posting the Suzukis I'm thinking about getting.

Other urls found in this thread:

flagstaff.craigslist.org/cto/5997436557.html
prescott.craigslist.org/cto/6054726450
youtube.com/watch?v=l83UoSMzeA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

flagstaff.craigslist.org/cto/5997436557.html

prescott.craigslist.org/cto/6054726450

As with most 80s Jap cars, look out for rust. Don't listen to autists claiming they flip over easy. If you're in the states, Geo Trackers may be more easy to find for you.

>Don't listen to autists claiming they flip over easy.

If you're going to seriously off-road it use tractor tread tires. They are too weak to clean out the lugs on tires like super swampers. Fun vehicles if you're just going to beat them around the woods

youtube.com/watch?v=l83UoSMzeA4

Good to know, that is the plan

Why not buy a Wrangler? Much easier to find.

I rolled my grandfather's end over end and it did not damage... until it rolled back into a tree and busted the tail light. Great little rigs, not a lot of power. I would love to have one but they're pricey here in the bible belt.

>even in simple turns, it still struggles
wow

Find the cleanest hardtop you can find. Don't lift it like a faggot. Install some good tires and spend the money on getting it running properly.

Awesome little 4x4s

I had a 2001, it just had a lot of problems and I want something new with a smaller engine. Nothing wrong with wranglers, just had a bad experience.

Might sound dumb but a majority are lifted already in my area. Is it expensive to lower? Luckily they all have good or great new tires.

kill yourself

Hey, that's where I live.

rude

Looks like Sedona

"Officer Barbie has arrived"
do you work in a hair salon?

No problem. I grew up mudding every Sunday and there were lots of these here

They have extremely short driveshafts and if you lift it aggressively via suspension it will start throwing out ujoints and driveshafts like crazy

>Don't listen to autists claiming they flip over easy.

Uh, ok... just dont turn too hard.

They are very popular amongst foresters and hunters here in Eastern Europe, mostly because they are the most affordable solid axle choice. Jeep has a really small presence here and well preserved Landcruisers are as rare as expensive, so many people go with the Samurai/Jimny. I drove the Jimny a lot (my father has one), and I loved it on the terrain. With the Samurai I'd look out for rust mainly. To help you out I've just read a few reviews on a forum to look for common problems, I came across a guy who basically butchered his Samurai, made a cabrio of it by cutting the body apart, fixed the broken rear suspension by fitting in a Trabant's old suspension and shit like that. I hope you'll not come across freaks like that one lol.