Redpill me on

a Nissan 200SX RS13 as first car

>meme tax
>turbo problems on CAs
>finding stock ones
>rust problem

Would a stock one with 130.000 Kilometers be alright for a first car if my pockets are better filled? I got 12k Euro for a first car. I don't need one right now, I have 2 years time to search for something. My plan was either wait the time and look for Toyobarus or get a mint condition S13 for ~8.000 Euros and fix it up

>Redpill me
Kill you are self

>poor build quality
>unreliable
>Interior will fall apart
>bad electeonics
>poor engine design
>poor suspension design
>poor brake design
>poor chassis design
Its junk

sorry for trying to fit in with the rest of this board

I got a pig nose 240sx as a project car for $1000. Maybe it's different there, but in the states 8 Gs is way too much unless you're getting a completely clean, bone stock car with low miles.

Alternatives? I definitvely want RWD

240s are more common than 200s, cars here start at 4.000 Euros for a beaten one.

Also in all honesty you should get something reliable for a first car. Having a fixer upper is great, but if its your only way to get around you're ticket if something happens to it.

>sorry for trying to fit in with the rest of this board

This isn't /pol/ edgelord

Watch out for rust! A few small patches are fine, but avoid anything with rust near the strut tower. They're great cars. I love mine but I'm not sure I would want to daily drive it. Stock ones are hard to come by. A lot of the lightly modified ones are okay, just get under it and check the brand names, you don't want any eBay parts.

Is it still alright if I have a 125ccm backup bike?

rear arches and sideskirts are problem zones. Anything else concerning rust? I know someone who can repaint me some small parts for cheap

The main frame rails rust out from the inside.
My S13 was a pile of shit btw.
Threw tons of money at it and it just kept breaking down.
Dont bother buying one

I wouldn't worry about fender rust at all desu. Replacement fender are a time a dozen, especially if you have someone to paint them for you. Biggest problem area is along the frame rails, a small area where the drivers seat is is fine, but anything on the curved sections is a huge red flag

rear arches is what gets me worried since I dream to have an almost number matching car with no cut rear fenders

i got a bone stock 240sx for $2200 and i love it
i haven't had any major issues with it at all
it has 160,000 miles on it and runs like a champ

KAs are completely different from CAs and Rust is not that big of a problem in the US :/

Side note. KA+T setups are cool

You lucky motherfucker looks clean and no shitty sunroof. Craigslist find? How fast did you have to go see the car

high trim models matter

yeah craigslist. bought it off an old lady
found it posted at like 11:30 at night and went the next morning

i dont think people realize OP is from Europe

for the most part, most of us do not know how the market is like for 240sx's over there or 200sx's as they came over there.

do some research.

>Bought it off an old lady
Pls no automatic

All of the stock ones for you to build on are overpriced AF

i wouldn't have gotten it if it was.

thank you!

I know 240s and 180s are cheap in their country because they are so many, but 200s are completely different

but what if I still wan't it no matter what? Any other alternatives?

that dashboard looks mint as fuck, please don't rice it out

don't you dare cut up the body

i'm probably just gonna leave it stock and sell it in a few years

i wouldn't dare.

Where are you located sir? I'll gladly buy it at a high price

Florida. however i think i'm gonna hang on to it for a while

Shit I'm california, congrats on the car and please consider restoring it and NEVER selling it

agreed, there are almost no stock cars anymore on the road - and if they are they are mostly automatic single cams

That is insanely cool.

Jelly as fuck.

stock 240sx's are a waste.