/ovg/ - Help Helper Edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about racing games

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

racedepartment.com/downloads/baskerville-raceway.3436/
racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-mas-du-clos-wip.10169/
united.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx?action=trackshow&id=509549
united.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx?action=trackshow&id=488829#auto
steamcommunity.com/groups/sporktroopers
youtube.com/watch?v=Erx1SHLYm4c&feature=youtu.be&t=372
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for rf1 a shit rally2k a best

Stop playing rf1

3rd for alternate facts

Ban larguu when?

We'll have a GT86 special stage. Taking suggestions.

I wouldn't mind doing 2x2 or 4 lap race of the Nordschleife

these little demented pepes are the best meme of the year

racedepartment.com/downloads/baskerville-raceway.3436/

2x2 nurburgring sounds great. everyone more or less knows nurburgring, and it's basically an touge track

maybe set up 100% damage for once

>maybe set up 100% damage for once
lol

why? i played nurburgring in skip barber iracing and trying to make it to the pits with broken aero was autistically pleasant

yea one time i drove around the nurburgring in beamng after i crashed my car it was great lets put 100% damage on in AC

Allow more ~200hp cars with performance similar to gt86 and do shitbox sunday 2

WAT touring huelagos race report when

We did bad.

Didn't realize I was on Eco tires still

>getting bored of btfo-ing randoms in freemode
any good console racing recs?
already have fm6, dr and the association and the f1 cars dont sound good enough to drive for extended periods of time

this was the complex before that, hadn't driven this track before either. pretty fun but also might need to bring an even slower car next time

What track is this?

racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-mas-du-clos-wip.10169/

Decent cameras but only 17 pit boxes

We're proud to announce the upcoming Assetto Corsa series, OVGTP Season 2! Featuring the Porsche 919 Hybrid for the Prototype Class and the current generation GT3s for the Grand Touring Class.

Races will be 90 minutes and require a pitstop, 6 race season with a pre-season prologue test race after OVGT3 S4 ends. Test server will be up sometime during the week.

o boi

Yeah we did survive those two, but Gothenburg is a lot tighter. Macau is a fucking highway in comparison

>multi-class with LMP1H with literally no one that can drive prototypes worth a shit still racing
RIP everyone

>90 minute weekend races in the middle of summer
This part is actually dumb though

its in the height of winter cunt what are you on about

Thank you for the valuable feedback. Looking forward to seeing you on the circuit, racer!

neat

muh dick

HYAAH!~~

Who's the loser that's orginising it?

gtp helper duh

hh
elp food

xD

learn to revision history

I see someone let loose funny ginger man and co. again.

First, I can't be arsed mate, and second
>Marko in a P1
God help us all.

I can't race if I'm on a race track at the time.

>implying i'd be better in gt3s

a nigga needs his downforce

>It's another episode of an orginiser who won't listen to anyone about feedback, and will have some sort of a meltdown mid season and delete the series

give him some actual constructive feedback then you fucking trogolodyte

You don't sound like you're even planning to race in so why do you even care?

A little piece of advise for anyone wanting to race with the GT3s: Ignore the SLS and the MP4-12c. I was talking the other day with a user from /r/simracing who where they ran the cars a bunch of times, and when they tested the cars, those two struggled to keep up, compared to their newer counterparts(AMG GT and 650s).

Woah this one looks really cool. Is this a new tubby?

sure is friend, here have another! :)

Sweet! Can I save it too?

Sure thing bud ;)

When you kiss a Mikey, does it turn into a Top 10 finisher?

hey guys let's play sporkville
united.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx?action=trackshow&id=509549

or the sporkburging
united.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx?action=trackshow&id=488829#auto

secret /ogc/ tier 2 group
steamcommunity.com/groups/sporktroopers

>1 member
very exclusive

It's the only good prototype atm. That being said, they don't mix well with gt3s unless you know how to drive it.

He's always shitting on others driving, I'd expect someone like that to be able to drive anything quickly.

He probably leeched on himself as normal.

>cordoba

>tfw I'm in the secret /ovg/ tier 2 and tier 3 circlejerks

I'll shit on you too cunt

>He still thinks there are 3 tiers
Sure feels like 2016 here

gib link

I want ALL the /ovg/ circlejerks

>not being in the tier 4 circle jerk

I'm in over 5 circle jerks that are tier two or above, lmaoing at your life kid

P1s don't mix well with anything if you don't know to properly drive them. Really, should just run the LMPC instead of the P1.

I would vote GT4s but
>car slots

>not being in the master tier group that controls all the subtiers
Gitgud

PC's not something many people would enjoy driving. It's a tricky car.

>wanting to be in the """""/ovg/ politburo"""""

>not wanting to be inside valrys

just ran a sub-6 on the sporkburging lads

>not being the invisible hand that guides all /ovg/ decisions and events

>being gnik

ded general, if we had move to Veeky Forums, threads would last 1 hour max

Not as ded as /ogc/ after SJ got btfo by James

can someone refer me pls?

Cool.
What time do the races start? Same as GT3's?
>tfw missing the Monza race because I'm gonna be in Italy on holiday

what? haven't been on ovg in two weeks, fill me in.

SJ got btfo by James on a number of occasions but recovery this time is impossible

is there a way to get assetto corsa dlc for free?

or am i retarded

yes
yes

ac unlocker link is pasted in every single ac doc

if you're stupid enough not to figure it out then you don't deserve it

>It's another "PCars2 adds another car I really like and I'm getting more and more tempted to buy it but I know the game will still be shit" episode.

FOUND IT, still feel retard tho

what happened to my summer car?

Learn how physics work and then you won't get so hyped up about single specific car models in an arcade game.

What would you like to know?

How many times did you suck Ian's dick to get his logo on your ss

don't you have a race to prepare yourself for? try project cars 2. I head its pretty realistic

Didn't have to. The sponsorship was originally a private gift for running a cool website and a gesture to show SMS were taking everything written on PRC seriously. I pushed for it to be public because I didn't want people thinking I'm the next Randy Lanier.

We don't test until the end of April.

you do realize that regardless of whether or not it's public when people find out about it it makes you look bad, right?

It makes me look bad if I publish a bunch of articles proclaiming pCars 2 to be the best simulator on the planet and writing 2000 words every time something as insignificant as a new trailer surfaces on YouTube.

it makes you look bad until the game turns out to be good or it turns out to be very flawed like the first and you don't end up doing exactly what you did last time in discussing its many flaws
people are going to assume the worst when money changes hands between a critic and the person being critiqued, especially when your audience is full of cynics

Is modded spintires the best mudding/trailing & rock crawling simulator?
youtube.com/watch?v=Erx1SHLYm4c&feature=youtu.be&t=372

>car slot bullshit in ac
>can't even use servers that have dlc i don't have
italians pls

We're allowed to tee off on them if they botch something.

n terms of stability it's looking okay so I don't expect a colossal bugfest like the last one. 33 hours in, nothing along the lines of "car sinks into ground and explodes" either. We had it on Dustin's PC last week when I was out there and the game ran fine. Much better optimized than the first.

I basically can't elaborate on the physics or else I will be crucified, that's up to you if you want to hear it.

It goes beyond when you move from being a critic to actually being paid to help on the title as well. The quality of your feedback plays right back into the product itself. The success of the game ties into your own livelihood or quality of life, it becomes a conflict of interest no matter how much you downplay you can either quit or that isn't that case. Do a good job, you retain or have the potential to retain employment and the luxuries you've come to enjoy. Do a bad job? You're more likely to lose them.

This is the problem this situation, as much as you can try and pass off being non-bias, money is being traded hands. Just like with media, they might be telling you the truth, and they'll try to convince you of that. But ultimately it's up to the reader to decided. But running a site that's historically been highly critical of sims in the past all of sudden taking money from one of those companies then continuing your site is very problematic overall will never go over well. It's like trusting CNN after the election, most people simply aren't gonna do it. They see the conflict of interest.

is this a sim?

is it better than Screamer 4x4?

Hey /ovg, are any of you playing Project Cars? I'm a poorfag, so I play on a wired controller and I know it's shit, I'm just broke. Thing is, I race without assists usually (Forza,GT,Dirt Rally), but in this game, fuck, some cars are awesome to control, some are impossible (like the McLaren F1), has anyone experienced this?

Tl;Dr Project Cars controls are physics retarded?

Bought ST and grabbed some truck mods.. map mods soon. Shit's awesome, BeamNG can wait.

Physics only really glitches on shit CPUs.

But the default controller settings are retarded as fuck so you'll want to try good settings found on the internets.