How come people don't claim that the Mclaren F1 is a hypercar?

How come people don't claim that the Mclaren F1 is a hypercar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/t7Azl-drqMk?t=343
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because hypercar is a sperglord meme

>RWD
>hypercar

The P1 is also RWD

>20 year old car
>Slower than awd nissan maxima
Lmao

>0-60 slower than a 5000 lb luxury sedan
>worse skidpad than a 5000 lb luxury sedan
>worse 60-0 than a 5000 lb luxury sedan
>slower in the slalom than a 5000 lb luxury sedan

real hyper

this
the F1 was the last of the real supercars, mechanical monstrosities with less safety features than the play park at mcdonald's and the only goal being "go faster than every other faggot in the arena and dominate le mans while you're at it by beating prototypes in a street car"

hypercars are the modern edge-and-curve mishmash cars with more computers than NASA controlling everything from the ignition to the aero to the gauges and the car's smart enough to fucking drive itself and won't immediately try to kill you at the first corner

>real supercars
From what you've described it's just a road legal track car
Whereas modern supercars are actually supercars in the literal sense of the word

Superman wasn't some body building faggot who punched holes in doors with his mortal strength, was he nigger

Because it's got a weaker power to weight than a $90k Corvette with a pulley swap. It's a high geared meme.

>weaker power to weight than a $90k Corvette
*catches on fire*

which luxury sedan?

>2 million dollar "supercar"
*catches on fire*

Because hypercar is a modern term

>American
>Luxury
Choose one

>implying there was anything more passenger centered and more luxurious than a old American land barge

I pity anyone who has never driven a towncar

sorry it classifies as a luxury car so thats what it is

kek

barges are fucking awful

posting the F1's from my McLaren Folder

The Savana work van is comfier than all of the VW's, Audi's and Mercedes I've been in and that's with thick ass tires at 80psi. European luxury cars feel like a thick block of wood on wheels where as American luxury cars, especially old land yachts, feel like floating living rooms.

>it's just a road legal track car
as it turns out high performance road cars and track cars tend to share a lot of the same traits, but it was definitely developed as a road car first and foremost, hence weird stuff like the side luggage compartments to make up for lack of trunk/frunk space and CD player but no radio (because the designer didn't listen to one) with all audio equipment sized down to half the weight of the normal stuff, etc.

VERY fast mglaren undergoign testing at incredible hihg speed

kek, it also reminded me of the Confused Mr. Krabs meme

I never noticed that the center two taillights are ever so slightly raised compared to the outer two.

Musk had a mclaren f1

Mr. Bean daily drove his and took his kids on road trips and stuff in it, put like 200k miles on it

It's not a road legal track car

Because "hypercar" is a neologism that postdates the McLaren F1. Basically it's what millennials call supercars. Not unlike how the word "supercar" was used in the 20th century for high-performance sportscars.

Ultimately, none of it matters as there all definitions of hypercar/supercar are arbitrary and anecdotal. People that perpetuate these labels are usually the type that need to compartmentalize everything to make their world make sense which is literally a symptom of autism. I'm not joking.

Will you take five thou?

Reminder that the McLaren F1 is still the world's fastest naturally aspirated car

And that it can actually handle and is reliable, beating out prototypes in the 24 hours of LeMans despite never being designed for such a purpose and with very little modifications

And is a practical daily driver, with seating for 2 passengers and more combined luggage space than a contemporary hatchback

And can be serviced and updated anywhere in the world with a built in modem, beating Tesla to the punch by decades

because it's a piece of trash compared to the true godmachine

>inb4 assmad replies

When will Ferrari kiddies take Enzo's dick out of their ass and realise that the F40 is literally kit car tier?

He only put 41k miles on it. He also crashed it twice and still sold it for like 12 million dollars

>literally trying to argue against the objectively best car in the world

close enough

I'm not arguing against the F1 though

>tfw the greatest car ever made has already come and gone
Will we ever see its like again?

>projecting unironically

Judging by the P1, probably not

yeah it was cool 20 years ago we get it

now its just meh

both the f40 and f1 where brilliant cars but don't you dare forget about the porsche 959

I like the 959 better than the F40 desu

Admittedly the P1 is a step in the right direction after the 12C, hopefully next time they'll go bigger.

>The P1 has the same fake LSD system as my 20 year old Boxster
lel, I pulled the fuse on it because the damn thing chewed through rear brake pads

HAHA FUCKING KEK THAT CAR CAUGHT ON FIRE THEY MUST ALL CATCH ON FIRE {INSERT CAR COMPANY HERE} BTFO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IT ONLY HAPPENS TO THEM TOO NOT EVERY CAR COMPANY EVER HAHAHA FUCKING FLAMING FAGGOTS HOT FIRE MIXTAPE BTFO SHIT TRASH HAHAHAHAHAHA KEK LOL BTFO B-BU-BUT ITS JUST THAT ONE HAHAHAHA KEK

this is what happens when you get carried away by trolls and memes on Veeky Forums kids

What makes it not cool anymore?

41,000 miles is probably more than most people put on their Ferraris and Lamborghinis and etc.

>And that it can actually handle and is reliable, beating out prototypes in the 24 hours of LeMans despite never being designed for such a purpose and with very little modifications
Don't forget beating the crap out of the F40 at Le Mans, leaving eternally buttflustered.

I prefer the 288 GTO desu

>beating out prototypes in the 24 hours of LeMans
This is something i don't understand. Lemans is mostly made up (or has the highest mileage of) straights in the world. it would seem natural that it favors brute-force speed (cars that can achieve higher top speeds and aren't as restricted in that area of performance as protos due to their aero and gearing) over agility. why would people use it as an example of a car punching above its weight? i mean if it beat protos at something like Leguna seca or the Nurburgring that'd be mind-blowing. didn't the protos in the 90s get much slower than those in the 80s? not trying to piss on the parade but it seemed like the perfect storm for that kinda stuff.
>90s protos were slower than 80s
>track with lots of straights for any car to flex its muscle as oppose to hopping around between corners
>hign top speed car comes along and travels at really hign speeds

The F40 is beautiful and I admire it's simplicity, but you're an reotard if you think it's anywhere near the F1.

>78k miles
Jesus.

>8 million dollar car
>on Craigslist
>sub compact
This image is full of kek.

>millenials

>Mclaren F1
>NATURALLY ASPIRATED
>243 mph
>2,300 lbs
>3 seats
>6 speed manual
>8,500 redline
>carbon ceramic brakes
>gold plated engine for heat dissipation
>0-60 2.9 sec
>barely modified cars won lemans and various other races
>only a handful of cars are better today
LOL, it's still one of the fastest production cars in the world and it was designed in the fucking 1980's!

...It's about longevity..... No one goes all out in the car the whole time tard. It's about speed, handling, and quality. Also the Mclaren wasn't getting runway to hit top speed, they probably all trapped near the same speeds on the straight. KYS sperg.

Wait.

I just now realized that the P1/918/F70 trio are a modern day vesion of the F1/959/F40.

...and?

B-But one of them caught on fire once so they're all shit...

Flaming faggot detected kek btfo

Anybody who knows anything about cars will be way more excited to see an F1 than the crap they're churning out these days

meh, i've seen F1's before, haven't seen a laferrari yet

I never seen someone suck a car they will never drives dick so much

theyre so meh they dont even look exciting

Nope. Hypercars are incredibly overrated and don't do anything for me.
I won't drive it like it was intended to be, it won't feel good in real time driving, it'll generally be uncomfortable, etc

>You don't buy a track car for it's daily ability!!
Then you'd buy a non street legal high performance track car that'll smoke it

Well yeah LaFerraris are exclusive as fuck, would still rather see an F1 though personally

Almost every report ever about the McLaren F1 was that it was god damn amazing to drive. There are few hyper cars that live up to the hype on the track or strip. The F40 and Mclaren F1 did. And no, you aren't "smoking" either on a track with most cars that exist even today.

>There are few hyper cars that live up to the hype on the track or strip.
which ones have you driven?

>fastest naturally aspirated car
No one cares about top speed of a handicap class
Its slower than base model 911s around a track.. it's 2017 ffs

>I must have driven one to take doznes if not hundreds of experts word on it
>shiggity diggity
Also, you do know that track times exist right?

bait.gif

Yeah a radical turbo will smoke it you dunce. I'm not doubting it's fun or fast but it's overrated

lightest i found was 2500 lbs

RPM was 7500 and 8300 with rev limiter removed

all 0-60s i found were over 3 seconds.

Depends on what you defined as "better". most cars with better technology will be faster. semi auto shifting being faster than manual, electronic steering etc. Mclaren F1 also being "Twitchy" (according to clarkson and his remark on the car's "biggest fans" also agreeing with this) will make for slower track driving than other more forgiving cars. Clarkson also said he preferred the newer more luxurious and comfortable SLR than he did the F1 with this being of the very reasons.

LOL ohhh children.

That because you are looking at the base. They made several models. LM, long tail, etc.

The Mclaren f1 still holds the 6th fastest time at nurburgring. And it was set in the 90's.

People underestimate that car because it's "old." It is still one of the fastest cars in EVERY metric in the world.

They don't look "exciting"? You mean they're not aggressively overstyled hotwheels cars like everything made today?

they are bland boring generic

I wouldnt give a fuck if one showed up because it isnt anything special

little kids don't know that. they also think that 'halo cars' were a thing more than 15 years ago

>bait

the classic

"I dont like it so its bait" safespace bullshit

get of the F1s dick

its a bland car thats been dated for over a decade

I'm not wrong. Nice avoiding the argument tho you fucking nerd

based tiff review youtu.be/t7Azl-drqMk?t=343

If it's not bait then you have some type of problem that doesn't allow you to understand shapes.

>hurrr look at that completely average design

Why do poor people always pretend to hate expensive things?

lol

literally white knighting a car and projecting your financial situation

Jesus Christ

Yeah, can't stand these poor people, unlike us richfags they don't jerk off to pictures of a 20 year old car they will never even touch and get upset if someone else on the internet doesn't feel the same way.

>this butt blasted over one of the greatest automotive achievements in history
LOL. Poor people.

this is the best car in the history of cars

if it was the greatest it wouldnt get beat by a 5000 lb luxury sedan lol

>cars are all based on one metric
Then the tesla must be the best car ever of all times.

but if its the best it should be the best by the most metrics

all it has is being the fastest slow (NA) car

the Tesla is definitely a better car at the least

>nissan maxima
>awd
what did he mean by this?

Fuck off already you boring tesla shill

r35

and now for the

"he likes a car I dont so hes a shill" generic response

still not as boring as the F1s dated design

No fuck the hell off, you post this shit about how the tesla is better than everything in several threads per day, fuck the fuck off you annoying shit. We don't like your ugly shitty american car.