How fucked am i, Veeky Forums?

how fucked am i, Veeky Forums?

Saturday I was out driving and approached a three way stop. Unbeknownst to me there was a cop approaching the stop sign to my left. I turned right and gave my car enough gas to spin the tires, after regaining traction I went down the road unaware of the police car now following me. After driving a short while I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the white SUV do the cop thing and turn on its lights, got pulled over and was written a reckless operation ticket. My cousin is a sheriff and asked her what happened, she reported "the idiot stuck his car sideways, and flew 70 in a 35 until i caught up with him".

I'm looking at loss of license until 21, I'm 17(yeah underage b& ik), no previous incidents or run-ins with the police.

I guess my question is, what would you do? Is there any way I get by with just a slap on the wrist? Am I really fucked for four years? Should I try getting a lawyer or just plea guilty?

eh you can probably fight it in court and get that reduced, they'll most likely put you in remedial driving classes or whatever and you might have your license suspended for a few months

were you actually going 70mph in a 35?

I don't think so cause is was on a windy road with chevron alignments but I honestly don't remember the speed

This. You can fight this to an extent - if the cop didn't radar you and only has word of mouth to work with, you can get it reduced.

Depending on the judge, your lawyer, and so on, though. We do have a pretty bad habit of treating police testimony as infallible though, so good luck, faggot.

If you were doing 70 in a 35 in broad daylight and with a cop behind you, I'd say you deserve to lose your license for a bit longer than four years.

>I honestly don't remember the speed
Were you travelling at twice the rate of speed of other vehicles or not, you fucking mongoloid? Jesus Christ, you're not doing yourself any favors.

there were no other vehicles on the road desu

idiot

Well, there was a cop vehicle.

Correct, but like I said it was a short while after my hectic skid until I was pulled over, so she must've been pretty far behind me and that's why I think the speed was exaggerated

I once got a ticket for drifting through an intersection and the cop didn't pull me over until 15 miles later. He claimed that it "took him that long to catch up to me" but I wasn't even speeding. He gave me a reckless driving ticket.

I took it to court and got it adjudicated so I still had to pay the $275 ticket and like $35 court fees but it didn't go on my record or get sent to insurance.

This was Florida though and I'm not sure how things work elsewhere.

Eat a fucking bullet. People like you hold the rest of us back.

Were you a minor at the time?

Nope, I was 23.

just keep postponing the court date until you're sure the cop won't show up then plead not guilty

hmm, really made me think

>get pulled over
>registration out of date
>no insurance
>let go with a warning

>thread

Back from what?

just take it to court. i'd claim i lost control of the vehicle yada yada

>Cousin is a sheriff

Speak to cousin. Tell him to speak w the lady.
Buy her a nice big dragon dildo vibrator.
Show up to court.
She doesn't cuz she's too busy nutting all over the new thicc toiii.

>Win

I had a similar experience but got off with a warning
>1am
>get hektik on a right turn
>*party lights*
>pull over
>the most beautiful 9/10 blonde cop gets out
>"you came out that corner like a bat out of hell what r u doing"
>"sorry officer my gf had a bad day and i wanted to get her a dessert but all the stores were closed, i was just letting off steam"
>runs my license for warrants/tickets
>"you're free to go"

To this day I dont know if my sob story hit a soft spot or she just didn't bother the paperwork.

>claim i lost control of the vehicle
I feel like any competent judge would tear your ass open with that one.

>We

Who's 'we'? You a judge?

Ya blew it boy.

>I smashed the gas pedal like I would like to smash you officer

>get pulled over
>registration out of date
>$700-800 + demerit points

>mfw this happens literally on the way to get inspected and update registration after pulling car out of storage from having been out of state for a couple years

l-land of the free, r-right?

is this the first time youve been held responsible for your actions?

lol get fucked

>adjudicated
This.

In North Carolina you can just go to the District/Prosecuting Attorney's office for the county and plea it down to "Improper Equipment" which is a lesser non-moving violation. You get no points on your license or your insurance, but you have to pay an extra $50 on top of the $60 fine and $150 court costs.

Because... that's what traffic tickets are... a big revenue scam for your local government.

Vis a vis they will allow you to plead it down so they can a) get more money out of you and b) so that you can continue driving and c) see "a."