I recently had my Miata totalled due to a not at fault accident

I recently had my Miata totalled due to a not at fault accident.

They're giving me $5500 for my Miata. I currently have an s2000 that's worth about $17000-$18500 and I owe $19000 on it. Problem is that my Miata was my winter car and now I have to get something new.

I want something that is newer and safer, and right now I can get a brand new fiesta st for around 16-17k. Would it be a financially sound decision to put down $5500 for it and finance that along with the s2000?

Other urls found in this thread:

speedhunters.com/2014/12/akaishi-special-the-joy-of-honda/
caranddriver.com/flipbook/20-late-model-cars-destined-to-become-classics
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no just buy another miata

>Being upside down

kys now m8

AWD manual Suzuki SX4.

Just buy a 3k civic and shut the fuck up

You've got to be trolling. No one could be stupid enough to finance a second car when they're already underwater their first. Kill yourself.

use the miata money to buy new non disgusting wheels faggot
or just buy a fwd shitbox

I'm only under because I rolled in 2k from another car anddd I could probably find someone to buy it for 19k.

Anyways, I could pay it off now if I wanted to, but the car doesn't depreciate at all and I have a 2% interest rate, so why would I?

Sell your s2k. Pay off the remaining loan with the $5.5k. Your s2k is not anywhere near what you think it's worth. With the new Miata, Fiata, BRZ out on the market, its value is dropping like a rock.

Your s2000 is probably worth 15k tops. Put all 5k into it. Then buy a 3k civic come next winter.

>having a Miata as a winter car.

what am I reading?

Well, no, I want a safer car that's still fun at autocross. I don't need the best option financially, but I don't need a terrible one either. Newer cars are way safer than a 10 year old $3000 shitbox.

Drives better than any other car I've driven with 4 snow tires on it. For $28/tire, how could you beat that?

I'd definitely buy another one if I didn't have to worry about all the women in SUV's out on the road texting.

>I want a safer car that's still fun at autocross

Are you implying cheap lightweight fwd civics arent fun to drive?

you dont know what you are missing

t. Miata owner

Get a 2004-2006 GTO

I don't, I mean maybe a 90s hatchback civic would be cool, but the shitboxes from 2000-2016 are pretty damn dull.

I used to work car service so I've been behind the wheel of everything trying to find every noise

Buy a cheap Honda CRV EX AWD. If there's any left over, put it towards your S2000 Loan.

Well Im talking about a 90s hatchback.. which is not "maybe", its def cool.

10k spent on a 90s civic hatch is way faster and more fun than 10k spent on an NA Miata.

or an 8th gen civic Si' sedan but thats more than $7k.

> but the shitboxes from 2000-2016 are pretty damn dull.

thats a strong generalization. Did you drive every single civic from those years?

If not than you shouldnt talk.

read this and tell me these 90s Honda's dont look fun.

speedhunters.com/2014/12/akaishi-special-the-joy-of-honda/

Also its stupid cheap to modify well because its a fucking Honda.

If you read my second post, yes, I have. I don't know how you could consider that mushy ride "fun"

you've driven a track ready FD2 Civic Si Sedan?

amazing.........

>"is it financially sound"
>we don't know about your finances

If you have enough extra disposable and good credit then definitely do it.

If if you have bad credit but are 100% sure you have the money, think about it considering if/when you pull it off, you'll see your credit improve.

If you're not sure (you probably aren't since you made this thread) and you live somewhere that doesn't have much snow, I'd say to probably just buy a

>and I owe 19,000$ on it
gr8 b8 m8

stop replying

post maita

So you owe more money than what your car is worth and yet want another? Did you just finance this S2K and now you want to finance another car on top of that? The bank must LOVE you.

I'd say it'd be a fine decision, as long as you can afford the payments and either get a short finance period or get the extended warranty, so it'll be under warranty for as long as you're making payments.

The FiST isn't really an amazing car, it's got an economy interior, economy comforts, and gets very respectable econo-car mileage if you keep your foot out of it (lowest I've seen is 32.5 MPG, average 34 MPG).

It has a few sporty bits, and the ride is what most people would expect from a "sporty" car (rough, mainly), the acceleration is great for city traffic, though not exactly neck breaking. They're relatively reliable, easy and fun to drive compared to most economy cars, and they're popular enough to have a fair size aftermarket available if you want to spend the money.

All in all, for people wanting a sporty-ish car with a warranty that gets good mileage, the FiST is a great option. Not the perfect option for everyone, but a very decent choice overall.

Well user, with a 2% interest rate, I can invest $20k and get more of a return than 2% on it.

In the meantime I'll be building up my credit since I'm only 23 and want an 850 credit score.

Not sure how youre going tk make a return on thr car. Explain

i hate people like you who reply to this many posts

Well user, i make around 5-6k/month. Gonna be moving into an apartment soon and paying roughly $800-$900/month split with a roommate (so $450/month). S2000 is $376/month for 60 months. Negative equity comes in from rolling in 2k from a car I used for ubering. The tax break was worth trading it in rather than having the hassle of privately selling it.

My issue is mostly how much of a depreciating asset the FiST is. If I get a base that stickers for 21k and buy it for around 17k including taxes, what could I sell it for in a year or two? For 60-72 months I figure I could get 2-3% with a 760 credit score.

My issue is mostly on losing money because of depreciation, and I want something safer than a "beater." New cars are infinitely safer than 10 or 20 year old cars.

I honestly may sell the s2000 since I didn't plan on this accident obviously. Maybe drive it and enjoy it this summer.

Cars are usually depreciating assets (except for maybe the S2000). Also lol trust me bro your dealer will sell it to you for

Put that money into your 401k faggot

Thank you for the legit advice user. Sounds good. I actually work for the dealer so the pricing is dealer pricing which is $800 under invoice (markup is shit on the st's) and $5000 in rebates. The price is non-negotiable when you use your price plan though.

I figured it wouldn't be too bad, I do the maintenance on the s2000 and the parts are honestly not expensive at all.

I'm just worried they'll try to bump my interest since I do have a big loan out. The one user does have me a bit scared mentioning s2000s are dropping like a rock though. Was gonna be my autocross/track queen.

Would have bought a motorcycle but that shit is scary in the Northeast in the main cities from when I had one before.

The deal ends April 3rd, so I was mostly wondering if $6000 off a fist would work out without fucking me upside down.

Long term his ability to pay off these loans may help him get a better credit score which could help him buying a house if/when he gets married (I'm assuming he's not since he's getting a roommate). Even still, he had enough to save 20% into a retirement account or 401k if his company offers. I'd recommend since you seem young to take more risky investments and do a 401k when you're younger (by the way cars are usually depreciating assets like I said before).

Also you don't have to be a personal finance faggot who thinks everyone should go to community college then state college, drive 2k beater shitbox, eat ramen everyday and buy a cheap condo in a place with no income tax. OP has proven he has enough disposable income to make this happen it's not your call anymore.

caranddriver.com/flipbook/20-late-model-cars-destined-to-become-classics

Obviously you can't predict but it seems like you could keep it in good condition you might be able to sell it for a good price. It's the only non-NSX RWD convertible Honda (as of right now) so it's definitely gonna sell well.

But even then (i've said this a few times) cars are depreciating assets. If you're looking to go as far as break even with a car you'll probably be disappointed. This decision isn't one to make with your brain, it's one to make with your heart and have your brain say "hmm okay I think I can let this one slide".

Just my two cents.

Also for the FiST issue

Just go to a separate dealer and see if they'll give you a lower price. If they do tell your dealer that and see if they can match. If not buy from the other dealer it's not like it'll harm your dealer). If they do and nobody knows just keep it a secret. If they find out say you were doing "recon" or some shit on their prices.

No you couldn't you are full of shit.

Just go get upside down on an STi dumbfuck

Pay down the S2000. It's almost Spring/ Summer anyways. Then start putting more money it the S2000. When it starts getting cold, go pick up a beater Accord/Civic/Camry/Rav4/ES330 or something for like $6k

Yeah, this dumbshit owns (owned) TWO roadsters. One that he is upside down on, and the other is a winter car. A fucking miata winter beater.

This is what happens when you take Veeky Forums way too literally (but didn't get a $3k civic).

>I currently have an s2000 that's worth about $17000-$18500 and I owe $19000 on it

yea i fail to see the logic behind getting a Miata winter beater but i guess OP just spends the majority of his money on cars.

He is generous take the (you) as a form of gratitude.