/wpsg/ - WoW Private Server General

/elyg/ babies btfo, /wpsg/ tried to warn you edition.

Guilds:
TBC:
/TBA Hellground 2x Horde (HellGround release March 5th)

WotLK:
GD Horde 7x (14x weekends)

Cata:
Atlantiss Alliance 1x (RAF 3x)

>Where can I get game clients?
pastebin.com/mxjmsr3t (embed)
>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
You will need a clean wow.exe and dll files if you downloaded your WoW client from XYZ server. Check the clients section above.

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it

Previous thread

>7 posts early
>doa server OP

Can we start over?

shill operation on /elyg/ when

>cata in the op

>wanting nostkiddies to play on hellshit

??
cata has private servers
??
this is wow private server general
??

>only alive wpsg guild in the OP

???????????????????

I don't want any of those retards who unironically thought a fucking VALKYRIE server was going to be anything but absolute trash.

We warned them for months and they still fell for it.

so perfect player base for hellground then??

>more Elysium meltdown

Kinda neat

>senna starts posting in /hg/ discord
>cant handle any banter and just rages

epic love this guy slav pride xdd

Is it a meme that wpsg is actually putting it's faith in a one-student-dev based operation when HG 1.0 was kinda shit even with multiple devs?

it's the only meme we've got.
Seems pretty promising so far with prenerf implementation to be honest.

Hg has only had at max 2 devs

what's the most engaging class/spec in wrath?

They are all the same.

Enhancement or holy priest

Both are kinda shit though.

So, do I have any other good option besides Elysium if I want to play vanilla?
I was completely oblivious to the whole Elysium fiasco, I started playing on it 3 days ago after I heard I could transfer my old Nost character in there and just got caught up with all the shit that was going on and I am ready to jump ship now.

This is an honest question, I really don't know of any other vanilla server that is worth giving a try, actually, fuck it, I can play on a TBC or WotLK server too, I just want to have fun playing old WoW and not have the server I'm playing in fall apart after a few weeks.

vanilla fucking blows dude stop being a sheep

This, play tbc like real men

I mean, I like it for the nostalgia, but if there's any other server worth playing, I'm in, even if it's not vanilla. I just don't want to have my time spent go to waste because the server falls apart in a matter of days.

Hellground in 10 days. Progressive server. pre nerf fights. all spells work all quests working.
we waiting you

Vanilla is only fun to play once a year on a server. Ely was that 1 server. It stops being fun when you realize you had all the fun to be had getting to 60. You then raidlog for 8 months straight doing the same shit over and over, aka MC/ony. BWL comes out, and it's the same shit. They had no intentions of releasing AQ since valk couldn't even get that shit running. This is mostly true for any version of the game, slowly degrading after every expansion, yet people praise vanilla cause it's the longest road to cap, aka "fun times cause social and world pvp".

If you're a nostbaby then you'll have to learn the process' of every private server. Hype, ques, level, cap, raidlog, drama, server hop / die. If you can't cope with knowing a server general "lifespan" or "quality" is around 4 months, then you should stop playing on servers due to "waste of my time". Everyone knows HG has no promise of lasting even to BT, but we play because we're addicted and consider no game a better use of our time. You'll claim projection, while I admit truth.

Didn't L4G use HG core and it's so fucking dogshit that it went from 1500 average to literally sub 50 now? How is HG going to be any different?

>wasting time leveling on hellshit when everyone is going to roll on gummycraft by the time you hit 70

hg is good

I'm just asking questions user, I haven't played WoW in years before Nost came out so I don't know much about private servers.
But if they are really that short lived then it is really a shame.

>gummy
lmao

Wanna give me a quick rundown on gummycraft?

gummy wont launch for another like 12 months

pretty much done, just testing out minor bugs with talent interactions, as well as boss/mob AI scripts

At least we didn't put our faith in a 1x experience vanilla server ran by valkyrie.

>test arena on HG test server
>it's bugged, not just bugged but bugged out the ass

i swear half the class mechanics dont work as intended. how the fuck can anyone play on this garbage server? it's feenix tier

Most collapse due to lack of interest, declining peak numbers (related to interest / raidlog), devs not supporting it anymore, inner guild drama leading to gdisband, lack of "funds", and some other topics. Afaik Feenix has lasted a rather long time, but only due to heavy handed corruption and tactics to stay alive. Basically they attack and cannibalize new servers to regain health. You also have undead servers, in which they launch, get hype dosh, close, and reopen under a new name all the time.

Keep up the shilling hellshitter. Just don't whine when you have to level to 70 all over again in a month
>mfw hellshit peaks at 200 after gummycraft releases
Me on the left

>not enjoying the flawless pve prenerf experience on hellshit

Hey friend. Can you enlighten me on how well gummies previous 2 servers went, SC1 / SC2? How good were they coded and maintained? Why did he get kicked off from helping valk after handing all his members over to them? Since it's been years, he should be out of college now and focusing more time to the project, right? TBC totally is easier to script than vanilla, and we allllll know his 2 vanilla servers was tip tier, right?

so what do you guys do here? Reroll on a new server whenever something interesting comes out while the old one crumbles repeatedly?

retard did you even see his epic youtube videos showing his advanced code and his core that he built from scratch? Shiros code looks like a hello world compared to the masterpiece that is Burning Crusade™

Will there ever be a decent TBC server?

Fresh servers are a lot of fun.

You mean like the ones Corecraft put out all the time of their State of the Art Perfection Core™. Yeah, lets all take the time and think how well that server turned ou- oh wait.

Now you're starting to learn.

Well the opinions here seem conflicting on which fresh server is worth giving a try in the next few weeks. So I guess I'll wait it out and see what happens.
Elysium might be shutting down anytime now after all this shit so I'm not going back there at least.

I'm a nostbaby so don't know a lot of background on various servers and people behind them.
I've read a lot of hate on feenix, can someone tell me why that is?

10x more corrupt admins than elysium.
really shitty servers and p2w

which class is ezmode in tbc? like hunter in vanilla

They aren't shutting down. The chinks are what was keeping them afloat to begin with, and with so many new people that haven't a clue as to now, they will be the cattle for the server. They will probably drop zeth, or merge them back into ely pvp after a while though, since it's useless to pay for more when it will start peaking around 500 people.

hunter

Resto druid felt somewhat easy, as I imagine holy palas felt the same way (maybe most heals?). Mages are somewhat simple, and more fun than hunters (where as hunters have to micro pets as BM in tbc). Maybe rogue? Though a slew of replies will undoubtedly try to say rogues need high skill to do decent with.

Well the server having such a small pop and being sustained by chinks is not very different from being shut down to me.
How is Crestfall by the way? Is it just another vanilla server in the making like Nost and Ely?

Cresftall will probably be really good if it ever releases.

>bringing rogues to raids
lol

but is it just vanilla? I think I've seen some people saying it will progress like retail and stop at wrath. I hope that wasn't just shitposting.

Sure, they'll release a tbc realm in 10 years
lol

CF is another meme desu. Built up with nothing to show yet, and their staff is already a telling sign it's going to be like ely.
Crogge: ran a RMT server
Asura: sold gold, best friends with ZZuk (maker of zzukbot)
Whitekidney: he bots and sells gold, was selling exploits as well after he was upset with nost after he won the server first race to level 59 lel.

Comes down to willing ignorance of shady background to enjoy a server, or seeing how corrupt all these hosts really are. Ofc, if you don't care about "drama" and "just want to play", you can still do so on Ely. K2 shills are flocking over this drama shit, trying to catch all the flies they can to come back to their dogshit server.

>tfw koostosh is honest and pure and would never do anything immoral.

Hey man, they can do like uh, their dps is like um, they have like raid utilit- oh um. Hey, they can open boxes that drop! Oh wait we have a BS and Eng. Hey they can open doors! Oh, we have keys you say. They have CoS, that'll teach those raid bosses!

Well if staff corruption and short life spam are a given for these servers then all I care for is the quality of it so I can at least enjoy myself while it lasts, and the lack of chink spam in global chat, that would be good too.

chinks don't play tbc.
Hellground wwu

What server will Sylaria roll on?

This, vanilla is trash compared to tbc and wotlk

They used old HG core that was made public in like 2010

I'm in gummy beta and netherwing beta. Neither will come out in 2017, take that how you will.

I'm in gummy test and it will come out in 2017.

How do I get a test account on gummycraft?

Yea that's why tons of shit doesnt work right? He has had so few testers before now most things haven't been tested

Can confirm that it still needs a lot of work. A high percentage of BEM quests are not working(only area I quested in since its usually broken), a couple of rogue mechanics are wrong(sometimes I get riposte procs immediately after cheap shot while mob is still stunned and not attacked me so no way I parried)

Not that guy but the deadly throw silence does not work when you're wearing pvp gloves with the bonus :^)

Torn between Cata (atlantiss) or WotLK (dalaran)

Is no one here playing in dalaran wow?

only played wow till level 20ish once, want to give it a try again. which (eu) server do i pick?

Nope. The only wrath guild here is on GD

Is it a decent server though? or does GD have better scripting?

GD is a 7x/14x rates ICC simulator.

Not him but thanks for that description, I'm also about to start on GD and just want to play PvE.

No Ulduar?

GD has better scripting but it is a fun server and if you want to raid anything other than ICC and heroic ToC you will need to play with others from this general.

This. They actually got easier from vanilla if you can believe it or not.

GD is in ICC, most of the server is filled with braindead slavs (no kidding one of the worst skilled playerbases I've ever seen, literally kill full wrathful ppl in leveling gear when you first step into bgs)

Dalaran has ALOT of broken class mechanics, has custom "attunement" system in which you have to have completed the the earlier raid tiers to enter the next one.

So both are complete dogshit and not worth playing on if you want a real blizzlike experience. But the same goes for literally every wrath server so if you want to feel progression and dont really care about pvp, Dalaran would be the way to go.

there are some people who browse this forum and play on dalawow but none of the ecelebs & no organized guild there. it has decent size american population (3 NA raid guilds that do the highest content, bunch of 5-15ppl meme guilds)

>forum
We don't play dalaran because it's dogshit and lordaeron which is also shit is objectivly better

>Forum: a place on the internet where people can leave messages or discuss particular subjects with other people at the same time.

Lordaeron has different (and alot of the same) class bugs, maybe you just didnt find them yet. raid scripting on both are kinda the same. so all in all, every wrath server is dogshit.

Veeky Forums isn't a forum newfag.

>atlantiss
>alive
What the fuck

25 mans soon wwu :v)

>atlantiss
>25 mans

yeah, im sure it's true this time!!!

It is! Come join us, friend! :D

'no'

how is it not a place on the internet where people can leave messages or discuss particular subjects with other people at the same time?

ok rolling

Okay boys are we rolling on hellground in a week?

yea

I am going to. I prepared a lot for this.

Actually I have a question. What the fuck boosted Nost and Elysium to 10k populations? Is it possible to channel whatever the fuck caused that to make Hell Grounds population that healthy?

10k is not healthy for vanilla let alone tbc.

rollan
Also, where is the majority of /wpsg/'s pop? What version, and is it EU or US?

Pure DPS classes were one of if not the single biggest mistake Blizzard made in WoW. It's a design flaw that competes with dungeon finder, LFR, and having 4 raid difficulties as the biggest killers of WoW.

A person that has played druid from vanilla has experienced ranged DPS, healing, tanking, and melee DPS/stealth gameplay. A warlock that has played since vanilla has experienced his favourite spec get destroyed every expansion and has been forced to roll to the current fotm spec that has the same homogenized gameplay but gimmicks they don't enjoy.

Every spec in the game should have a ranged spec, a melee spec, and a tank/heal spec.

There are no opinions to be had on this matter. It is absolute. Feel free to disagree, just know that you are wrong. Empirical data shows that hybrids are consistently the most played classes in the game post vanilla.

nice bait

Are heroics buffed here?

I mean they are really hard, don't get me wrong it makes things more fun and challenging. But I don't really see how will we succeed in doing them with full blues when we can barely do it with T5.

>we can barely do it in t5

>Hellground

You guys do know that Shitground is still in unplayable state. Just all around awful, needs a lot of work.