Modifying a car at all

>Modifying a car at all

Tell me more about how you know more than teams of engineers and hundreds of years of automotive experience?

That team of engineers is trying to meat a price point and provide a certain amount of longevity and not really targeting performance when they design a shitbox

>tfw Audi's 3.0T is purposely gimped from the factory
>S4 w/ simple tune makes RS4 power
>teams of engineers

This. As long as a moron doesn't tell me they are making it MORE reliable with aftermarket parts (sans some known problem fix). Also OP, you act like no cars have ever had recalls from shitty parts.

Modding a car is about making it faster or lower, or personalizing it, or whatever.

im sure you guys know this is bait but these are the correct answers

>replace camshaft, cylinder heads, and intake on stock ford 400
>go from 149 hp to 415 and 340 lb ft of torque to 530
gee, dont know

>stop buying things and mayking yor carz diffrrent gois idk how into that stuff :''''(

Learn to accept other people's tastes and stop shitposting. With the exception of stancefaggotry though, that's some serious fucking cancer.

>meat a price
>meat
>keke

ahh peckas

>Tell me more about how you know more than teams of engineers and hundreds of years of automotive experience?
I don't. But I'm not bound by marketers or making the biggest possible profit.

:&)

>As long as a moron doesn't tell me they are making it MORE reliable with aftermarket parts

A metal blow-off valve instead of a plastic one?

>hundreds of years
>small teams satisfying what millions of different people want from their car
>implying they aren't trying to maximize profits instead of build a bulletproof car
>implying a long lasting design is in their best interests being that they need to sell next years car, and the year after that and so forth
>implying car modification isn't a slice of every nation's culture
This pic is from 1948

Just playing Devil's Advocate here

Let's say you mod your car and something goes wrong. What do you do? You can't go to a dealer and if you don't know how to fix serious problems you're kind of fucked.

You'll pay most likely more than the car will be worth on maintenance/repairs.

fpbp

Most smart people dont modify cars under warranty. However some manufactures like Ford offers a warranty-safe tune that puts the ecoboost mustang within 10lb/ft of torque of the v8.

What is oil-catch can for $500, Alek?

>put it back to stock
>lie
>pay for repairs yourself
Also, they have to prove the modification caused the problem. IE, you slammed the car on coils, and the engine blew. They still have to cover the engine unless they can prove it was the coils fault. I have been through the legal battle with a dealership/manufacturer before.

>Tell me more about how you know more than teams of engineers and hundreds of years of automotive experience?
Because I am an engineer and shit is designed to be profitable and good enough.

Sometimes people like memes and better than good enough and other things of personal preference.

I've been in this situation and is right.

But if you mod your car and then it gets fucked up because of that beyond what you know how to do, you bite the bullet and take it to a mechanic who specializes in your car manufacturer.

It's expensive as fuck but no one said liking cars was cheap.

Read the details of the warranty, as well. I believe that they are still responsible to fix it if the affected thing is stock.

So if you modify the suspension and something in the powertrain has a defect, they still have to fix it. Obviously if a suspension component fails, they're not responsible.

or like BMW and Dinan

>too retarded to understand that aftermarket companies have their own engineers and improve the existing design
>thinking cars come out with their maximum potential from the factory

>teams of engineers and hundreds of years of automotive experience
>Think plastic radiator tanks and water pump impellers are a good idea
Everything is built to a price point

Carz kum out wid maximum potential from factory bruh!!!! Thas y dey got limiteers :)

The team of engineers can't make my car run in the 10s.

>can't
wew lad

*From the factory