Lexus IS-F?

Any IS-F owners out there? Thinking about upgrading from my IS350. Good move?

Also considering the following:
>Corvette C6
>Audi S4/5
>BMW 135i

I know the F is auto, but I love how unique it is. I've only ever seen one in person. Also, dat reliability and service.

Redpill me, faggots.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HWvIoYm6CJI
cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&formSourceTag=117&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c3381&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c25627&zip=77532&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&showNegotiable=true&modelChanged=undefined&filtersModified=true#listing=162061117
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>sedan

Kek, get the Corvette. It's the most fun and power for the money, plus it'll go as fast as your dollar can take you.

The 135 is easily the best tuner car for $ in your list.

I'd go with 135 personally but they are getting a bit dated now and it will be a downgrade from your Lexus but it will be more 'tuneable' so to speak

Just in case anyone brings up the 335i... I don't like how it looks. I'm one of those weird people who thinks the 1-series looks good :-)

Samefag

(And wrong)

>two people agree
>must be samefag

Literally not wrong. None of those other cars can do the power that engine can with the same $. Faggot. People are hitting 800-900 whp on stock blocks with minimal mods.

Posting with the word tuneable so I can get accused of samefagging, too.

What does the BMW's 3.0 I-6 feel like? Is it just generally smoother than a V6?

yeah, but it's not that much of a difference

sounds better imo

Samefag shilling BMW hard today.

OP here. You seriously think I'm creating every post? Check your schizo, faggot.

Just buy a 3k Civic and steer it off a cliff you poor faggot

>bought my IS350 with cash
>poor

Could=/=should

Op answer a couple questions so we can help you.

Is this your weekend car or dd?
Live in crowded city, bedroom town or rural?
Do you want just fast, nice and fast or comfy nice that feels sporty when you drive it hard?

>driving a normiecore sedan
>should I switch to
>boy racer two seater
>VAG comfy-mobile
>spartan hot hatch
Who the fuck considers all these at the same time? Expain yourself, faggot.

>Is this your weekend car or dd?
Only car
>Live in crowded city, bedroom town or rural?
Suburbs about 40 mins outside of a major city
>Do you want just fast, nice and fast or comfy nice that feels sporty when you drive it hard?
I have grown accustom to the cozy-ness of my Lexus interior, so I might be a bit worried stepping into a Chevy. If the Vette is fun enough though, I may be able to just suck it up.

Single, no senpai btw

Umm... I definitely typed "no senpai". Why did it put senpai lol

WTF

Why does f-a-m become senpai? I'm losing my mind haha

newfag detected

I've actually been posting in Veeky Forums for a while now, just never came across this odd quirk. I don't even know what senpai means. Apparently family?

Test drive it and decide for yourself. Audi is not for from Lexus. The other too are more fun to drive, but much less comfy. BMW can be costly to maintain if you're in America. Corvette is the least practical of three.

No one actually knows desu

senpai bro

Do u live in Canada where it snows or in Cali where never snow?

Nways. Imo:
1.Corvette. Not practical DD cuz space.
2.Audi ridic maintenance. It goes bad. U only lease those.
3.BMW 135. Looked at these when I was buying my frs. Got the FRS instead.

Why not keep ur current car and just buy an rwd project car u can wrench on and have fun in? Miatas r cheap in lower us and not rusty

>Do u live in Canada where it snows or in Cali where never snow?
Virginia. We get snow, but usually pretty mild.

>Why not keep ur current car and just buy an rwd project car u can wrench on and have fun in?
I don't have a garage, so it's easier to deal with one car. My IS350 is plenty quick, I just hate that the paddles are essentially useless. Not much driver involvement.

>BMW 135. Looked at these when I was buying my frs. Got the FRS instead.
Lol

*Shrugs*

Personal preference

>People are hitting 800-900 whp on stock blocks with minimal mods.

For 20 minutes before it explodes...

In all seriousness the N54 has some major power potential but lets be serious here, it needs to be built and have the weak areas addressed to handle that kind of power let alone reliably

OP here. If going 135i, I was planning on 2011+

I heard some problems were fixed with the newer N55. Only downside is you can't go around telling people you have a twin turbo haha

>135i
>900whp
>minimal mods

Changing everything BUT the block is not minimal mods. I'd rather just have an is-f and not touch it than have a project and a headache.

>I'd rather just have an is-f and not touch it than have a project and a headache
Yeah... If I went with the 135i, I wouldn't plan on making some crazy track monster. Most I would do is a tune or something.

I got a fuel pump, inlets, and cheapo intercooler and tune and i will put down anything in OP

On the other hand if you absolutely must have a 900whp well that would require buildinf the engine, theyre strong but not indestructible. If you wanted 700whp, then a single or high quality twin turbos plus auxiliary port injection and a upgraded clutch and flywheel or built auto is literally all you need.

>People are hitting 800-900 whp on stock blocks with minimal mods.
Retard busrider detected

>if you absolutely must have a 900whp
>If you wanted 700whp
Nah, I'm good. My daily driver doesn't need to shoot flames out the back haha.

Former Lexus employe here, ISF will be a breath of fresh air compared to your 350 but remember they haven't updated the ISF to the new body style, make sure whoever you get it from had the dashboard recall done.

They're plenty powerful stock but can be made into monsters

>ISF will be a breath of fresh air compared to your 350
I was hoping that'd be the case. With real paddles that actually do something and dat glorious V8 :-)

>but remember they haven't updated the ISF to the new body style
Fine by me. That new grill is hideous. Got a ES loaner recently though and the interiors are very nice.

>make sure whoever you get it from had the dashboard recall done
I'm actually currently going through this mess with my 350. Technician ordered the new dash, so now I'm just waiting... Which year were the dashboards no longer an issue?

>turbo
>injectors
>ecu
>exhaust
Wow so many mods.
shitbox owner detected.

>*Shrugs*

830whp 3.0 inline 6
stock internals
youtube.com/watch?v=HWvIoYm6CJI

The year they changed body style

Give up on your 350s dash, that shit can take up to a year. You'll have the ISF long before you'll have a dash.

Also get aftermarket pads and rotors. BOTH PADS AND ROTORS, NOT ONE OR THE OTHER. Otherwise you'll run through OEM brake parts like candy. Also don't go with Lexus tires, ISF is staggered and eats them for lunch. Get something else that will last longer.

>The year they changed body style
With the new headlights? 2011 I think.

>Give up on your 350s dash, that shit can take up to a year
Well it's already ordered so I may as well just wait so the resale value isn't completely fucked. Sucks, but whatever. ISF's aren't going anywhere.

You really should, an old co-worker of mine was a BMW tech who came to the Infiniti dealer I worked for and said the N55 was worth the price tag that the 2011+ cars commanded, if you're not looking to build a extensively modified car.

One of my friends had a 2008 135i 6 speed m-sport and it was a really nice car to drive even in stock form, was reliable until he crashed it into a pole but I believe that was due to the accident more than the car.

Another one of my friends was trying to trade in his 2011 G37XS on a 2012 135i, I went with him to check it out and the DCT actually seemed alright, I didn't drive it though. He loved the car but the dealer was asking a lot for it and lowballed him hard on his trade.

Kek he think Lexie's are impressive/expensive

Okay. Feel free to come on down and buy my car with cash. Oh wait. You can't.

Until then... Shaddup!

>Buying a Lexus
>Ever

Busrider btfo

S4 would be my pick

>rear-biased awd
>supercharged V6
>comfy seats
>handles like a dream
>can get with 6 speed manual

It's down nearly a 100 HP and even more torque yet is faster than the IS-F. Plus the aftermarket is pretty great and it can be tuned to get into sub 4 zero to 60 mph for relatively cheap unlike the IS-F which will require a 8$8k supercharger

$8k

>calls people busrider
>won't reveal what he drives
Your move.

The hard part with these is finding it configured how I want. Such a pain to find one with rear-sport-differential, B&O audio, attractive color combo, NO ACCIDENTS... haha

I don't know why people wreck these so much. Isn't Quattro supposed to be fairly idiot proof?

I had a 2012 IS-F for a year or so, didn't really care for it. It was sweet for the first few weeks. Then I got bored, so I mad it loud as shit. Then that wore off, so I sold it.
If you absolutely must have one, much like I did, get the 2011+, the early models have garbage suspension and the little differences show their age by this point as it was released ten years ago. Oh and parts for these fuckers are expensive. Good luck, OP.

Kek I drive a 2006 Carrera S and an E46 330Ci

I'm supposed to just take your word that you own a Porsche and BMW?

>cue Google Image search of Carrera S and 330Ci

>two $30k cars
LOL is it that hard to believe?

It's very convenient for you to call me a poor busrider, claim you drive a Porsche, and provide zero proof. That's all.

E46 330Ci is my beater, has been since last year when I finally dumped an 05 Grand Prix

I bought it for 7K so it's hardly a 30K vehicle

The Carrera S on the other hand I bought two months ago for 25K

Yo yo yo senpai

>I bought it for 7K so it's hardly a 30K vehicle
Then why'd you said it is?

>The Carrera S on the other hand I bought two months ago for 25K
No you didn't. You're a 19-year-old virgin, posting from the broom closet of your retail job.

Just searched 2006 Carrera S within all miles of my area and none even come close to $25k.

I never said it was 30K

I am not this guy:
I've no desire to convince anons whether or not I bought a car

But

You can find a Carrera S for 25K if you wait patiently and look hard enough. I found mine in Austin and it seemed like it was owned by some college student with his parents money.

I had a PPI done, negotiated from that, and walked away with the car itself for 25K. The PPI was just over $700 and took two days to complete so I had a ton of info I could nit pick the price with.

Don't know what else to say really.

With thirty seconds of searching I found a car that you could easily negotiate down to 25K.

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&formSourceTag=117&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c3381&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c25627&zip=77532&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&showNegotiable=true&modelChanged=undefined&filtersModified=true#listing=162061117

So I guess it's just weird that I searched thousands of miles from my zip code and found none lower than $33k? That includes dealer and private listings. Stop pretending like you can negotiate 8 grand. You're full of shit.

So until you can prove otherwise, I'll just assume that YOU ride a bus. Take care, user.

Did that PPI come with a DME report? Good call on the PPI, no Porsche is more expensive than a cheap one.

And not that it makes much of a difference, but that's a 2005. Let's at least be consistent for the sake of argument. Searched both Cars.com and CarGurus nationwide, cheapest 2006 is $33k.

>I've no desire to convince anons whether or not I bought a car
Yet, you proceeded to write a defensive paragraph after this and fetch me a link which probably took closer to five minutes.

The difference between 05 and 06 models is that the 2005 M97 cars still have the older IMS system.

In 2005 the Carrera and Carrera S 997 cars, their M96 and M97 engines still used the old IMS system from the 996, but the 06 models got the new systems.

That's the only difference between the two.

My car wasn't a perfect example and was listed at 30K flat, but I negotiated to 25K due to some issues.

997.1 Carrera S models with engine issues can sale for as low as 15K so I don't know why you're so surprised by this.

Nope, I had my search are CarGurus bookmarked from when I bought my Careers S so it actually to thirty seconds.

And I don't want to sound defensive user, I just actually like talking about Porsche.
Indeed it did. Car was owned by a guy who was my age so I already knew he treated it like a sports car, but it actually was much better than I expected.

You may or may not actually own a Porsche. I don't think you do, but whatever.

Explain me this though. Why insult me and shit on my car out of the blue for no apparent reason? Just because lol internet? I didn't know Porsche owners were so hostile and miserable.