Korean General /kg/

Korean car owners welcome

'15 genesis coupe r-spec reporting in
ask me about my car, it's currently fucked from a crash

You discovered how to disable ESC and traction control completely by pressing / holding the button until it beeped, didn't you

N-no?! What are you t-talking about?

In actuality, I hydroplaned on bald tires (because of spinning tires w/o ESC) doing 70 and fucked up my steering and front bumper. Nobody can diagnose the problem and I am living in an incurable car hell...

>korean cars

Elantra sport

NO ITS NOT, it's just a lack-of-fire delete

>hydroplaned at 70
>undiagnosable problem

What happened / what did you hit / how much damage , any pics of damage etc

Has it been to an actual Hyundai dealer, or some indy that doesn't have a proper Hyundai GDS scan tool

Describe un-diagnosable problem you're having

Those look super nice

They do and I fucking like them but I'm also like I don't want to drive a fucking Elantra

Why not? This gen Elantra was worked on and tested at the track, specifically the nurburgring. It's the first Elantra that's actually good.

I just noticed the color coordination between the flag and logos.

korean ecoboxes look bad behind a metal pole so they are shit in my book

>the first Elantra that's actually good.

No.

The Gamma turbo can barely get out of it's own way in the Veloster turbo and likes to eat piston rings.

It's not under powered, it's simply 'adequate' for the car; It will take corners, the power just isn't there.

If you're interested in that thing, look into getting an older YF Sonata turbo for pennies on the dollar.

The only Elantra worth getting excited for right now is the coming 2018 sport wagon, which unfortunately sounds like it's going to have the same shortcomings as the sport sedan.

Euro-market i30, right?

What about Daewoo?

From what I understand, pretty much.

Their guns are pretty good, their cars suck nuts.

hello

>tfw after driving this shitbox for a while I got better and more comfy than driving the Corsa C with all the fancy power-steering and stuff

Too bad the gearbox is crappy and the engine sound is really annoying though.

>no Ssanyong
>no Daewoo

>'07 Tucson 2.0L reporting in
fucking kill me mates. The only good thing about this car is that it's got a manual. everything else is fucked. At 97k miles and it makes 3 different autistic screeches
>power steering pump seizes and the belt slips if i try to turn the steering hile car isnt moving, and the tensioner is rusted beyond use
>exhaust manifold is cracked or some shit, car is unnaturally loud
>air conditioning compressor bearings are shot, blows cold air but makes a lot of noise
And, in addition...
>had to replace all break lines
>had to replace alternator
>replaced power steering pump, worked fine for a little over a year before seize&slip came back
>will need to replace gas tank soon

Moral of the story, dont buy a korean car from new york.

My 04 santa fe turns off while I'm driving with headlights or cruise control on. Turns out the previous owner had a 100 amp fuse in the box for the alternator instead of a 120. I love the car, but she's been abused

Currently trying to get rid of this. Lasted me 5 years but once I rolled over 90k miles it started being a unreliable turd despite me always keeping up with maintenance. Surprise right?

>tfw you enter the twilight zone and it's inhabited by uncanny-valley twingo relatives with extra chromosomes

I did a 360 into a muddy embankment on the side of the highway.

Front right and right side impacted the mud and my car got lodged at a slight downward angle (with front right corner the lowest).

It has been to a Hyundai dealership after new tires were fitted. They diagnosed that there were three things wrong:
- strut tower bushing needed replacing (front-right)
- new strut (front-right)
- radiator mount bent along with snapped tags on front bumper (did NOT have this fixed, didn't sound urgent)

Even so, the car pulls to the right when coasting and uneven wear on all 4 tires (about 20% RL, 30% RR, 50% FL and 70% FR, all tires under 10k miles).

Possibly the WORST issue is that it pulls hard to the right under heavy acceleration and snaps back to center after letting off the gas, making for a terrifying ride. Some have recommended more rigid sub frame collars, but I think my sub frame is just fucked, frankly.

All in all, the Hyundai dealership did me no justice. Two other repair shops couldn't find anything wrong without really diving in. Worst of all, I don't have 5k to blow on repairs for a year-old car, purchased new.

Here's some tits for your troubles. Any help much appreciated

Forgot to mention: the car has been balanced twice since the accident (and new tires) and had an alignment done FIVE (5) times. Still pulls.

Only one here with a 03 Hyundai Accent probably. Is anyone having a synchro go out on the 2nd gear?

Sup?

Hi guys
Just bought a Hyundai Genesis, love the styling. What do you guys think of it?

>Korean

Post up a picture of the before/after readings from the alignment machine.

im not big on korean cars, but a friend of mine has a coupe genesis and fuck its comfortable and roomy enough for me, a 6'4" guy. and they are very nice looking imo

oh fuck me i didnt even notice until i opened the pic a second time, kek

Why did Hyundai kill off the Elantra coupe so fast?

>Head design chief formerly worked for Audi
>Surprised to see the resemblance

Wasn't selling as much as the Civic coupe

Hopefully they'll release a new coupe now that the sport models have a turbo and manual.

Thoughts on the current Optima?

are korean bikes allowed?

They're nice. Not sure if it's better looking than last gen tho.