/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, February 22th:
1744 – War of the Austrian Succession: The Battle of Toulon causes several Royal Navy captains to be court-martialed, and the Articles of War to be amended.
1862 – Jefferson Davis is officially inaugurated for a six-year term as the President of the Confederate States of America in Richmond, Virginia. He was previously inaugurated as a provisional president on February 18, 1861.
1915 – World War I: The Imperial German Navy institutes unrestricted submarine warfare.

>News
CK2 DD41 - Secret Religious Cults
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-41-secret-religious-cults.999496/

EU4 - 14/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-14th-of-february-2017.999636/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Idhrendur/paradoxGameConverters/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

based

White.

Is there a steam group for age of empires 2 HD

I just got the game and would like to co op with a buddy to have fun learning the ropes.

SO LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT AFRICA

what's the difference between pop demand and historical project mod?

Why is there no deportation option in HPM? Note those arm*nians were deported and not """""""""""genocided"""""""""""

Stop posting.

PDM has less shit but the creator allows more fun stuff. Too bad we can't have the best of both worlds.

Stop vargposting

Wasn't PDM some kitchen sink bullshit?

Yes, it is.
Like getting industrial score from horse factories.

alright, I aldready played HPM and it seemsed a little bit hard for me, how do you reduce the chance of getting caught at making a casus belli?

You can't tell me what to do.

Are we going to have a problem?

either live with it or savescum

r8 this flag

reddit tier is this from their flag sub

Is this normal for a full game of DH?

>Vietnam and Thailand successfully build decent empires in malaria infested lands
>Somehow Africans cannot do the same
hmmm

hero

Japan is literally uninhabitable in that pic

why did the Germans nuke the japs?

Just let it go, dude

your argument relies on the false notion that there have been no successful african civilizations

Japs were puppeted by the USA

La Plata

event 18540 ;^)

did the clappers win? or were you Germany?
if you were germany why isn't NA a pile of ashes?

What motherboard is this?

la plata

Based Erdogan

t.urk

Turks are based

>two different shades of red
Holy shit

Lads, I think I'm burned out of Vicky
Everytime I open it up, I just stare at the screen, find no interesting countries, close it and go play EUIV

What do?

kys

considering it

just do what i did. nothing, just browse the same shitty websites over and over and over waiting for an update or for someone to comment something interesting while having suicidal thoughts

Try playing with the HPM mod, it adds a lot of new countries :D

>tfw reorganizing Germany after dismantling the HRE

Try surviving as a total meme country, like Texas, Ruthenia or California.

Wait, what mod is that? And why does Europe look so good after so much game time has passed?

It's his own mod that he made

>timurid Europe

Wammo

yeah, i don't get it, chicago isn't in europe

Tell me about Africa! Why do they have the AIDS?

>Support indepedence of rival's vassal
>They dont do shit for 20+ years
>Declare a war of my own
>Suddenly they decide now is a good time and they fucking drag me into a war I wasn't prepared for
>Get raped

Fuck

lmao lad fix the ocean land ghosts

Which should I choose between Oranje and Transvaal?

oranje, obviously

Why? What's the difference between the two? I just know both are Voortrekker states, I don't know the difference.

playing transvaal in a certain year used to crash the game in vanilla

orange is based

fuck

Europe's the only continent that looks good.

Should I changeowner Southern region of German Empire to Austria for the heck of it?

I tried to play Victoria 2 with PDM and the game keeps crashing, what do I do?

that south america looks pretty good

Don't play horse factory simulator switch to HPM

This is why we never go up or down with incest. Only on the same generation.

Brother sister > mom son/father daughter, all day every day.

Also
>marrying a 35+ year old

What mods do I need to enable/disable (if any) for geheimnisnacht? On a possibly related note, is it normal for beastmen armies to have regular human models?

>bright and inbred at the same time.

I decided I wanted to play as a Boer nation, installed Africa Mod for HPM and started up a game as England to play until Oranje happens.

Holy hell being England is super lame. Keep getting forced into going to war with everyone by events and shit. How long does it take for Oranje to form?

Meant dlcs.

This is some special kind of meme

Why does no one play the NWO Vic 2 mod? There's like no community existing for a mod that seems like it adds so much content.

not that I would know, the fucking thing crashes before I can play

alright, is the arabian peninsula good for colonizing? or should I just colonize Africa/China/South America?

From what I've heard the systems NWO are kind of stupid. Like Sweden is all one state and Yugoslavia is like 12 seperate states or something retarded like that.

From my understanding Cold War Enchanced is all around better.

many things about it aren't fleshed out to the point that the mod is basically garbage. For example you're always losing pops as any non-third world country. Spheres and alliances are all kinda fucked and the whole point is to make giant transnational conglomerates in order to stay relevant, but that takes all the fun out of playing as a country itself. States are terribly fucked as well

>Oman in Australia
Everytime

No one ever colonizes the Arabian peninsula or south america go for those

Im also having issues with this

tried clearing my map cache and making sure I'm using vic 3.03 and NWO 1.12
any other troubleshooting things I could be missing?

>that feel when you finally have a computer worthy of Grand Strat again

>page 10
Where did it all go wrong, /gsg/?

/pol/

/pol/tards hijack the thread, muh race muh africa muh native americans muh kebab

then it's all downhill from there as people leave because nobody wants to argue with /pol/ because it's a waste of time

/gsg/ has the highest number of employed regular posters compared to any other Veeky Forums thread so on weekdays its quite slow but when us gentleman aren't too tired from having busy work schedules it becomes faster on the weekend

/int/ threads and Veeky Forums

reminder that the descendents of the turkic hordes should go back to central asia where they belong

I actually had an heir once with inbred whose stats ended up being so high, he was still passable. Like, all stats from 5 to 10. He would've been something special if he didn't have downs, considering even with it he meets the average to good stat range (as decided by the game, obviously most of us shoot for higher.)

Reminder that all indo-europeans originate in Central Asia and need to go back.

I was argentina, doing nothing except watching

Im also currently the Emperor of the HRE with 3 reforms out of the way by abusing the missions which give 10 authority.

Northumberland is getting Scotland but what else should I do at this point?

And sine I know someone is going to mention the 19k gold, I get shitloads of gold a turn and I put in a 1% compounding interest investment until I reach the point to get universities which is coming up soon. There really needs to be an investment system in this game.

who would populate pontus?

>giving savage k*rd rightful Armenian clay

Is there a legitimate reason to dislike Kurds?

Any tips for enjoying England or should I just like swap to the Zulu or something and just watch and wait until Oranje or Transvaal form then save and reload as them?

They are the one who genocided Armenian, Assyrian and christian arabs in general.

the pontics
armenia already gets multiple states, and so long as kurdistan recognizes the armenian genocide (virtually all countries would without a strong turkish state in NATO) relations should be fine

>pictured, user gets triggered by shitposters
>doesn't even realise the people shitting up that thread were also shitting up /pol/, /int/, Veeky Forums, /po/, etc

that's like saying the austrians should hate bulgarians because the bulgarians were devshirme'd/enslaved into the janissaries and forced to fight

it happened under the supervision of a turkish state, under turkish orders; auschwitz could have been manned by poles, wouldn't matter nazis still responsible. same idea

Shaka khan

How does Imperial Japan work as a sub state of the shogunate in HPM?
its 1957 and I haven't seen any opportunity to deal with shogunate. do I have to wait until 1968 or something?

You have to civilize m8

I did already. I also did the expel barbarians thing too but I'm not sure if I was sphered by the usa at the time. if that matters.
now theres just nothing

There's a little bit of time until you go to mandatory war with the shogun. You should be industrializing and militarizing right now. Also keep the capital at edo or you're a cuck to the dead shoguns

Well its 1860 now and the shogunate is only partially westernized.
So I just have to wait for an event to let me do the "overthrow baktu" decision?

github.com/Idhrendur/paradoxGameConverters/releases