What car has the worst turning radius?

What car has the worst turning radius?

Mid 2000's Maximas and Altimas.

Audi A8L. That wheelbase is so long.

Probably not the worst, but the RS has a horrendous turning circle. U-turns are a nightmare.

had a 2004 maxima, can confirm

nash metropolitan.

08-12 Chevrolet Malibu. Absolutely shocking turning radius when I had one as a rental 4 years ago

Gen 1 tundra (so my car)

This by a mile

The old toyota pickups aren't so great, although I'm sure there's far worse.

This.

That's common for all Foci I think. It takes me 4 lanes to do a U-turn in my '13 SE

Wouldn't it be one of those super long American land yachts?

They actually hear lots of turning angle fwd cars are usual wide when the engine is mounted sideways

/thread

it's a horrendous car overall

Pt cruiser

What the actual fuck did you just say

can confirm

Pretty sure the Dodge Ram crew cab with 8 foot bed I drive for work has some of the worst. Needs 6 lanes for a U-turn. No exaggeration on that.

Jesus Christ she thicc

It took me a while to decode, I think he's trying to say that in lots of fwd cars the turning circle is wide because of the transversely mounted engine.

No, you're thinking of a dually.

I really need to stop posting from my phone.

The classic rwd American sedans actually had a lot of steering angle. Anything with a transverse mounted engine, usually found in fwd based vehicles, has a much worse turning radius because the combination of axle shafts, and less space for more steering angle.

Fun fact, my 65 Ford f250 has a smaller turning radius than my old 2001 rx300

Nah, the turning circle wasn't so bad.
In rwd
In the snow

1968 Chrysler.

Pls meet me at kk's livo bring chook

Basically any FWD/AWD vehicle, the u joints/CVs can only have so much angle
Another reason RWD is master race

Yes, I didn't realize what a giant bitch it is to turn my 06 double cab, I have a fuck of a time just getting out of my driveway

JZZ30 Soarer/SC's
For a 2 door, you'd be surprised

Not sure about that. My old Infiniti g20 / nissan primera felt like it was pivoting on it's center point when in parking lots etc. I remember a lot of small fwd card having great tur in radi back then. It wasn't until late 90's to early 2000's where new safety regs came out and cars started to get packaged all weird both for safety and to manufacture them cheaper, that they began to lose it. I really think the point was where manufacturers started to consolidate and share platforms across several cars. That meant compromises somewhere, and steering radii u intentionally became the most noticeable. That is probably why the mid 2000's Altima / Blaxima was fingered first. It is a shared platform between several global shitbox cars and crossovers. Dedicated platforms like a P10/11 didn't have to make compromises to consider other cars, and didn't have to face additional compromise or design constraints.

Practically all CV joints can easily bend 30 degrees, which amounts to a 10 meter diameter turning circle in a car with a 3 meter long wheelbase, which is what an S-class mercedes has.

The biggest limitation in steering angle is actually scrub radius. You can have 90 degrees of wheel turning even with very wide wheels if the steering axis is outside the wheel, but if you want steering that doesn't kick at the slightest bump or suffers from torque steer you need zero or slightly negative scrub radius, meaning the suspension arms have to go inside the wheel so they have very little clearance to let wide tires turn.

Why do people reply to this dickhead and his shitty threads, you dummies realize OP is just shitposting?

this is an example of how much you can make a wheel turn if the steering axis is outside the wheel itself.

Even fwd cars can do this if they couple together two universal joints at the end rather than one CV joint, which would allow 90 degrees of turning.

A stretch limo would have the largest turning radius.

I drove a crew cab long bed 3/4 ton silverado in school alot. It sucked dick trying to park anywhere. And when I was hauling a 25' trailer U turns were pretty much out of the question.

Gen 2s are the worst, I fucking hate driving those behemoths

Please elaborate

my honda civic doesnt have this problem

My ex had a PT, I was going to post this. Took a lot of maneuvering to flip a bitch on a 2 lane street with no cars parked on either side

6gen toyota celica
radius is worse than the volvo s60

It's standard for all Ford focus

I'll second the Celica

5th gen GT was notably frustrating to turn around in tight space

My old Accord Type R had the turning circle of a bus.

You should try the GT-four/alltrac, its horrendous

>also Hiace long 4WD

Ford vans and trucks. They are fucking horrible.

This

although not the worst; foxbody cars have a turning circle of a land yacht

Skoda octavia 4x4 station 2001, great sturdy car, awful radius

GMT400 platform trucks.

now imagine if it were a megacab

hows the driving/handling of those things? are they fun to drive (being a truck and all)?

Focus ST's turning circle is larger than that of a Mustang.

You really notice in tight parking lots. It's annoying.

This. Anything that wasn't built as a limo from the ground up is terrible. Can't even take roundabouts properly. Even semis with 53ft trailers can turn better.

For its size; the Toyota HiAce with full-time 4WD

Like a goddamned cruise ship, I tell you

>not using that delicious 900ft/lbs to swing the ass end around.

Winner

Hauled a 52' long trailer with one of these. Literally impossible to jackknife.

My dad's Volvo S60 turns like shit in my colon

My '97 Accord's was pretty bad.

literally came here to post these

former 04 maxima and 07 altima owner

good riddance

S60R is much worse. Normal S60 has a 19.3' turning radius. The R has 21.3'. By way of reference, a Suburban is 21.7' The fuckin transverse engine is the problem, and the R makes it worse with wide tires.

I rented a 2015 one for the past month and I couldn't turn into parking spots it was so big

Fuck that car

Try driving it somewhere outside of your colon.

s60/s80 are a bitch to turn around.

It's a fun little car but the turn radius ruins it for me.

underrated post

Volvo S80. It turns like a train but it's kinda comfy driving big roads and long distances because of that same "feature".

It doesnt effect it much but my 2nd gen Camaro is only 2 full turns lock to lock. Same wheel and tire specs as factory
On a 2 lane road with shoulders as wide as the lanes I had to make a 3 point u turn

my 98 firebird is fucking awful. I can barely reliably swing into a parking space.

Same. My V70 is a pain in the ass in parking garages.

Still super comfy.

1st gen fiat punto.

My shitbox take 4 lanes...

Anyone know what in thr fuck those flags are called. Cannot fir the life of me find all weather flags fir mine

Lol srt4 neons have terrible turning radius due to the equal length half shafts and turbo being shoved in the neon frame, 41' radius

Fender pennant flags?

>work at public marina/boat launch
>some faggot comes in here with one of those
>its full of spics on some wedding thing
>he parks in the fucking boat launch
>i have to yell at him to leave
>he doesn't want to move
>i have to call the police to get him to stop obstructing the boat launch

My willys

Fuck i thought they bolted on the hood. Ty

Any fwd/awd volvo ever