Will straight piping my Crown Vic damage the engine?

Will straight piping my Crown Vic damage the engine?

youtube.com/watch?v=DAob_EevmJc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vjq33iz4f0o
youtube.com/watch?v=o7QGW-77XfM
youtube.com/watch?v=kyk6LrPZBkA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No but I'll fucking brake your radio antenna if I catch you being a faggot like this.

nah just sound like shit and make you into a faggot noone likes

It's an internal antenna.
Why is it so hated? It's just noise.

Straight piping only works if you plan on engine braking and high revving first gear at 2am in your suburban neighborhood. Crown vics are automatics, it's not the same.

>t. bored old fudd boomers that need to complain about a little noise

I have a neighbor like this I want to piss off.

youtube.com/watch?v=vjq33iz4f0o

No, but it will be fairly obnoxious, if you want to drive the car at all, I reccomened a decent pair of glass packs, it will still be loud, but it will eliminate most of the drone that comes with straight pipes.

Fuck that, gut the cats and let that bitch roar. Don't even have to do anything else, unless you plan on any heavy mods or running different gas in your car don't even worry about the ECU, resetting will make your engine run rougher than if you just gut the cat and let the ECU learn the way it's meant to.

She's like a stereotypical angry old person in movies

I'm not saying striaght pipes will fuck up the engine. If the isn't driven often, or never goes on the highway, straight pipes are great. But, if it get driven on the highway often, the drone will be torture without some kind of muffler.

The drone from what, too much airflow? Granted engines are designed to run with a cat, so I can see why not having that back pressure could fuck shit up. I just don't think it's going to be a major issue.

Though I do admit to a lot of freeway driving. Now I need to think more into this, I didn't know it had any form of difference. I don't think it does.

Dawg, if you straight-pipe it then the passenger window will roll down, but not up.

You're playing with fire by modding a vehicle, broh.

Only straight pipe it if you're putting a decent exhaust system. If you're just gonna delete the cats and mufflers then plz no.
If you plan on doing something like Flowmaster setup with just mufflers and no cat it will sound good and won't damage shit.

Was planning on the later.

dont be a faggot. get a real exhaust system or everyone within your county will want you dead. and no, it wont.

dont. if youre thinking of doing a loud exhaust on your ferd, at least put a muff on it. im fairly partial to the flowmaster series 44 :^)
this clip has an H pipe on it, but it really didnt affect the sound too much. before it was true duals 3" to the same muffs

youtube.com/watch?v=o7QGW-77XfM

You are a retard.

Why would you drive a car that isn't straight piped

>everyone within your county will want you dead.
Why?

>brake
Learn english faggot, before you go threatening other people with property damage for liking things you don't like.

This is the type of person that buys a crown vic...

Don't be silly, everyone knows the windows going down but not up on Crown Victorias is an intended feature, or at least it might as well be with HOW OFTEN THE FUCKING WINDOW REGULATORS BREAK. GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.

>why wouldn't you be a menace to the community

Generally the ideal of the developed world is to avoid noise to improve life quality. Imagine if everyone around you was as much of a noisy obnoxious shit as you're trying to be.

I straight-piped my SC a few years ago. Mostly because the I got new headers and the supposedly bolt-on manifolds didn't line up with the rest of the stock exhaust system so I decided to just have the it replace with a straight pipe setup. There was a period of time inn between when my car was running open headers and that shit was LOUD. I'm sure I had lots of pissed off neighbors when I left for work at 5am.

Looking back, I wish I had just kept the original stock exhaust system -- exhaust manifolds and all. Although it does sound sweet at full tilt, it's sounds really shitting below ~2500rpm and that's where I do most of my driving.

300 or 400

sounds like a wet fart
why would you do this?

like everybody else has said, delet the cats and put flowmasters

youtube.com/watch?v=kyk6LrPZBkA

Is there a difference of backflow or engine performance for using flowmasters, straight pipes, or open heads?

that Punto tho

It'll damage your ears because it'll drone like a motherfucker at the natural frequency of the exhaust.

Straight pipes are shit. Don't do it.

@16915932
Lmaoing @ ur life

>I wish I had just kept the original stock exhaust system
Don't feel bad, your mods are meaningless to the scrapper.