/hg/ - Halo General

Dinos Playing Ape Hoop Edition

>Halo Wars 2 is now available in stores
- A new campaign showcasing the fate of the Spirit of Fire crew following the events of the first game
- Competitive multiplayer with new units, leaders, and abilities
- A brand new "Blitz" multiplayer card game mode
- Features the "Play Anywhere" program, syncing game progress and stats between Xbox One and Windows 10
- 60 achievements for 1000 gamerscore

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc. (WIP)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/you-can-haz-recon

>Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>PC Section
coming soon™

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_8p8PaGyfos
youtu.be/kjN1eWhzPeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

/hg/ sports day when?

So now that the dust has settled, is Halo Wars 2 balanced?

Any one here #fan mail.

Could you take a lower quality pic?

LOL! HAHA GET IT?
APES? LIKE NIGGERS?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHA NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS!!!

Anders and Shipmaster are broken but people don't really know how to play them so it's fine right now

triggered much?

Let's discuss why NIGGERS are the root of all that is wrong with Halo

>tfw no NIGGERS in the Halo Community
Feels good

Post your rare cutters

I'll have you know it's a proud Jiralhanae sport, and you should respect their traditions

Sure

I hate NIGGERS

Quiet, NIGGER

You're the NIGGER, NIGGER

To be honest, spicy spics are even worse than NIGGERS

Leaked picture of new Promethean enemies

when the FUCK did MegaBlox change their name to Mega Construx?

Reported :^)

Dank image, user.
I'll buy the set.

N I G G E R

It was a recent change, I think.
No fucking clue why, though

Atriox is being added as a warzone boss, along with 2 brute themed weapons

I could see Decimus, maybe, but Atriox?

>You have no idea how this hoop works, do you? Why the Forerunners built it? Halo doesn't kill Flood, it catches balls: Humans, Covenant, whatever—we're all equally capable of scoring. The only way to stop the Flood is to perform a Chaos Dunk. And that's exactly what Halo is designed to do: wipe the court clean of all sentient life. You don't believe me? Ask Charles Barkley.
What did she mean by this?

Atriox&cutter are the "main characters" in a sense. They're the ones plastered all over the marketing and thus the most recognizable.

Ten out of fucking ten

Halo 6
>Atriox gets downgraded to villain of the hour like Jul and gets instakilled by Osiris
>Anders becomes a boring exposition character like H5 Halsey
>Never see Cutter and SoF ever again
>Cortana is saved by the power of friendship
How much of this is going to come true?

Probably the Cortana getting saved part, and Anders becoming boring expostion.

Where's the pic buddy?

>tfw game magazines are dead
>all that's left is Game Informer
Kill me

Apparently it failed to upload but I'm having second thoughts about it now, the friend who sent me it might get in trouble (It's an unrevealed mega Bloks/ "mega construx" set ) I don't know if this is for Halo 5 or wars 2 or what,

Yeah and my dad works a nintendo and has a copy of Halo 3A.

Your dad sounds like a liar, but I can promise that I'm not lying. Patience, I am asking my friend if it's safe to send out

Cutter is a handsome motherfucker

The new faces and the new voice actors are throwing me off too much, I feel like I'm not playing a sequel.
And selecting units is a pain, why is there a delay on cycling through units?

Remember when anders was asian?

>Playing Team war
>First match get rushed by coordinated efforts from Forge warthog spam, Anders sentinel spam and Atriox locust spam 10 min in
>Get decimated, morale is low
>By fate get rematched with them
>Tryhard rush to get counter units
>Shut down their rush, when they lost their wave they panic and just try spamming ultimate units
>Shit down their throats and win

God fucking DAMN that felt so good I just had to gloat

remember when they didn't sound like twats.

Anders looks like an ugly chink now though, she looks like this ugly hong kong national I went to school with.

WELCOME TO THE WARZONE KID

>Playing campaign
>My army gets annihilated every five minutes so I have to keep pumping units into the meat grinder trying to counter all the shit the computer is building because the game won't let me make scorpions
>It feels like this is the way the game is supposed to be played
What the fuck am I supposed to do when I have to fight a scarab?

Scorpions are finicky as fuck for me. Their canister shell never fires when I tell it to, and sometimes they are completely unresponsive to the environment and they don't move, shoot, or do anything. Anyone else see this?

Cyclops, a lot of them.

I'm not sure about scorpions but sometimes hornets won't obey my orders and they'll just sit there

I've had this happen to every unit in the game. And what the hell is up with using unit powers if you have all units selected and they're all different. In HW1 you tap R and they all did their thing. In HW2 it seems like one unit uses their power and each time I spam the shit out of R, the game takes it like a suggestion and other units you have selected will randomly use their skill. The only I time I've seen it work right is if you just have marines selected and use grenades.

>tfw no Isabel for Windows 10

I'd prefer her over Cortana

Cut CE:A skull.

youtu.be/_8p8PaGyfos

Skip to 1:00.

Would have been pretty funny if they really went with it and gave every weapon new unique sfx.

How do you buy halo wars 2 for pc?

Windows 10 in the Windows Store.

How do the retards who made the art&music for halo 4&5 go on to make the art and music for Hawaaw2? It makes no sense and boggles my mind

They HAD to have been making 4&5 intentionally shit. They couldn't have thought they looked good. I refuse to believe it.

youtu.be/kjN1eWhzPeA

I don't like how emotional AIs are, Cortana it makes sense because she's part of Halsey but Isabel was just stupid

Serina was alright, she had quips but was pretty normal otherwise and other than his outburst in 5 I don't remember Roland having much of a personality

Its not that hard.

There's this thing called an Art Director.

Whoever that is is what the artists do.

The real question is why hasn't Halo Wars 2 been cracked yet. Its not even on torrent sites yet.

Creative Assembly made Halo Wars 2, not 343i

Any word on when that demo is supposed to be released? Waiting on that or the crack, since I'd like to try skirmish before dropping the cash.
>mfw PC RTS halo has been my dream since 2000

They did the gameplay. 343 handled the art, story, and music, and provided the models for the BLUR cutscenes.

They must have hired some different people to do that shit though, because fuck, it feels like an entire different franchise compared to 4&5.

Dead Rising and Recore got a demo like a month after launch and I don't even think any play anywhere title besides Quantum Break has a crack so you'll be waiting

Ehh, you can definitely see 4&5's shit influence during actual gameplay though. The Marines are still the shitty 4/5 ones, the forerunner architecture is the new plastic grey round floaty stuff, etc etc

Kinda ruins the whole excuse they had with Requiem architecture being so different "It's much older than the Ark&Halo's, and more flashy because it's Warrior-servant made, not Builder-made"

Genesis was builder-made too, but had the shit new style, and apparently now so does the ark!

Really? If anything I think they just went full 40k on the marine designs, the ones on the title screen look exactly like pic related bottom left sans helmet

The actress Anders is based on in Halo Wars 2 is Faye Kingslee. She's half-Chinese, half-Irish.

I'm getting Audrey Plaza vibes from her

The ones in the title screen and gameplay are different.

However I'm still a bit annoyed at how they changed even the title screen ones to look more like the 343 style.

Also how Douglas supposed got Mark 6 after his mark 4 armor was broken, then conveniently doesn't show up again in any cutscene so we never see it except for on the main menu

>Title screen and gameplay ones are different

For what purpose

You do realize she isn't a military AI. She's an logistics AI. Probably made to be more human for better interaction with scientists.

Also how does it make sense for Cortana and not Isabel. Cortana went batshit. Isabel watch everyone she knew die. It was research outpost not a military installation. If I saw everyone I knew die and I had no means to have stopped it and then left alone, I'd be emotional too, and want fucking revenge.

I know my waifu'ing is showing, but I really liked her character, regardless. Way better than Anders was in two games, and I couldn't less about how her looks changed between them.

>/v/ is making fun of us again

>Probably made to be more human for better interaction with scientists.
You must not know many scientists. Ninety percent of my grad school cohort had to have been somewhere on the autism spectrum based on their objectively awkward interpersonal skills. I felt for their students.

Because they have different models

You thought the ingame units would be as high quality as the ones displayed on the title screen?

Beyond that they're also just artistically different too, as said in my last post complaining about the Marines, and other examples like Jerome and Alice's ingame models wearing Mark 6.

Allowing AIs to emote and feel is fucking retarded, there is no in universe advantage to having a logistics AI be capable of mourning over lost souls and it's only there so 343i can have their OC donut steel

But it's been this way since CE. why are you only now getting triggered.

Because it's 2AM

Not just scientists. Just people not in the military in general. It's a comfort thing. It's beter to interact with someone/thing that gets people in someway and not just the blowing up shit and shooting things part.
>my grad school cohort had to have been somewhere on the autism spectrum based on their objectively awkward interpersonal skills
>autism spectrum
Pretty much anyone on this site, let alone this thread is on that spectrum. The AIs in Halo, which is canon, made by people, based on human brains, god forbid it has feelings. Not everyone who's smart for collage is autistic.

But having an AI go rampant, crazy, because they know they're better than us is completely fine?
>there is no in universe advantage
Yeah, it's not an advantage, is a disadvantage. Welcome to the human race.

This, triggers beget triggers.

Cortana is far different from the average AI though, Isabel is just shit in every way. She starts off annoying as fuck and being vague as possible for no reason. NO WE HAVE TO RUN AWAY WE WILL ALL DIE and then a speech later is like LETS DO THIS. She's like on her period but isn't smart or helpful enough to make you like her "quirky" side. Cortana and all the other AIs might be sarcastic assholes but they are helpful and don't make you drag answers out of them and give you vague hints while being a huge coward as well.

I should've worded it differently, but tacking on different functions rather than their main functions is just a dumb plot device like how in The Witcher the gerneral populace doesn't trust witchers even though they kill all the monsters and keep them safe

So AI's having emotions isn't the problem, it's this specific AI being too emotional?

>3v3
>enemy team is all Cutter
>they don't prioritize infantry

>She starts off annoying as fuck and being vague as possible for no reason
You mean acting like real person would in that situation?
>but isn't smart or helpful
Did you even read the Phoenix Logs? What people bitch about for what's changed with the units, is explained as Isabel gave them the info and uploaded them into the Spirit of Fire's factories, hence why they have new things after being out of the loop for 30 years.

Your Witcher reference makes no sense at all to this. How does that compare to an AI that shows a bit of emotion in Halo? Are you trying to say if anything has one job, that's all they can do and nothing else, let alone act human if given the capacity.

I don't know much about the Witcher, but doesn't he fuck everything that isn't nailed now. Lust, that's an emotion, but his job is to kill only monsters. By that logic, he too is a shit character. That's probably the most autistic way of thinking ever. Do one thing and nothing else at all. And remember no human feelings.

On that note, I'm done, Congrats, I fell for the bait, I was triggered. For the incredibly long time I've been on this site I should have known better.

As someone who knows Witcher lore you are both triggering me with your lack of knowledge. I am not going to get into it here, I don't want to shit up the thread.

Use a better example next time, something you understand

alright well that's my autism signing off for now

I'm not doing a good job arguing my position so I'm just going to stop

Hey /hg/ rate my GiTS map for the forge contest

She isn't a real person she is a smart AI, she shouldn't be doing a cliche movie "he is coming" statement. A wounded marine saying that and then dying works, a smart AI wouldn't be panicked and would just say "yank me now we have to get out of here there is a rapist brute rebel chieftain Atriox who destroyed everything" and then would tell them everything as they left instead of not properly warning them and getting a spartan fucked up. Smart AI's can multitask at levels humans can't comprehend, the amount of shit they can do makes it just stupid that she acted like a scared woman. I get she is a logistics AI but she is still a smart AI she is dumbing down her words to give vague hints and she isn't rampant.

No I was just saying she's a shitty and annoying AI, how she decides to interact and stuff makes her unlikable at least to me. She was better towards the end and stuff, but cortana and all the other AIs were calm under pressure except in those shitty comics and when they go rampant. Isabel didn't even give a threat assessment or properly warn Red team. She's just starts off annoying as fuck, you expect a smart AI to be helpful not give you vague statements about being in danger when literally nothing is happening.

/pol/ needs to be fucking deleted

how many fucking times have they caused the site to shit the bed because of their antics

>Deleting a containment board

You retarded man

Seems like you got Btfo

In what way

Even with the more Halo 4/5 influenced marine models the organized color scheme on them makes them look much better, kinda like the starship troopers armor.
The

Go ahead, do tell.

Post the arbiter one

Halo 3 has the worse story of any halo and here is why:

>The story is absolutely chock full of plotholes. Truth invades Earth, and knows he needs a human to activate the Ark. And yet, he doesn't simply take any random human from Mombasa prisoner to the Ark, instead, he lucks out and gets Johnson. This is insanely stupid. If the message from Cortana hadn't materialized to move the plot forward, Truth would've been on the Ark without any humans.

>The Gravemind then lands at Voi, for some reason. Why not take High Charity and infect jungles and Oceans of biomass? There is no reason to attack a city, rather than take the biomass of most of the animals of Earth.

>High Charity also is literally too big for the portal. This was retconned beautifully, but at the time it was an idiotic plothole.

>Then Gravemind takes all of his forces to the Ark. Why did he not just take Earth? Earth would've fallen in hours, and the Flood's intelligence and capability would've been significantly better.

>Miranda Keyes is the commander of all the forces on the Ark. So why the FUCK, when she learns Arbiter and Chief can't make it to the Citadel in time, does she physically crash her pelican in there, and THEN LAND, AND TRY TO WIN A FIGHT WITH A SHOTGUN. Pelicans have heavy weapons. There were many Hornets in the fight earlier. Where the hell were they? There were massive amounts of Sangheili forces too. This is an absolute contrivance to get Miranda and Johnson into an emotional moment.

>John and Thel then make it up to the Citadel, and the Gravemind uses his tentacles! Surely the Gravemind could just easily crush them to death, right? NOPE. He just sends some combat forms, which John and Thel have killed thousands of times before. He has the intelligence of billions of minds, and yet he is an absolute idiot.

cont. below

I would completely agree but Halo 5 is a thing, so by default 3's story is no longer the worst. Not even close actually.