/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>one engine edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:

>Accord V6
youtube.com/watch?v=5y9j7JPgdCM
youtube.com/watch?v=uPAFKBauJVY
youtube.com/watch?v=BsEvQDgCZlM

>B18C5 vtec
ww.youtube.com/watch?v=zg8AS6HvC6I

>Scion xB
youtube.com/watch?v=7r4icD4g74U
youtube.com/watch?v=eiWYiTeqyn0

>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=_hI0qMtdfng
youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8

>user's parking
youtube.com/watch?v=fpjZv6l5JeA&feature=youtu.be

>Mr. Regular
youtube.com/watch?v=SrIsBpp3KA4

>Nissan 350Z
youtube.com/watch?v=a3yvsMlqjx4

>del's CRX
youtube.com/watch?v=iUoro3DAozk

>Shingu's Snek (civic)
youtu.be/tKcixyZKSr4
youtu.be/VQSifmxCTFM
youtu.be/vw9zxcio0VM

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/6036944485.html
youtube.com/watch?v=tnNRYmyuSWY
sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6047286900.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/6063004697.html
youtube.com/watch?v=D2BavfShtZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related

Second for Shingu's got a mean ass cam

saved just in case

>technically third
BTFO

>tfw one (1) cam

#savetheSOHC

I think I'll find it hard to find another job needing similar experience. I'll never go into retail or fast food again as long as I got my car. If I do quit it will be to move up in life and have to pay way more than what I make now.

Okay fellas, currently driving a SS Camaro, which I absolutely love, but don't want to run the miles up on commuting to college. Previously drove a 2003 Civic and loved it, but was totalled out by a drunk driver.

I'm wanting something I can tinker with and make into a quick fun little ride but still use as a daily. What's there to know and where would you guys recommend I start? Got a budget of around 5k.

I've got 115 000 km on my 07 Fit 5 spd auto so I'm do for a transmission service.

Should I do a drain and fill or flush? I bought 12 litres of DW-1 but some people say a Honda auto should never be flushed. I was going to go through the cooler lines at the rad but is this a good idea?

Do a fluid change with filter, it's the based way for that mileage

>based way for that mileage
best** but it's pretty based, too.

5k can get a real clean fifth or sixth gen Civic or an OK seventh gen Civic Si or Acura RSX I think.

I see well built fifth or sixth gens pop up all the time on my local Facebook group for 3 to 5k.

Buy an acura TL type s with a 6 speed

Id like to join collage

4th-6th gen civic
Integra
CL Type S

>toyo tires on an EH2
You're spoiling the girl, user.

Trans fluid should be done every 50k km. It's just like an oil change, drain and fill. There should be a drain bolt and a fill bolt. Take off the fill bolt first and then the drain bolt. I think they're both 3/8". Use a long funnel with a tube to refill it. It might be tricky.

see

Came with the rims, very good in the rain id suggest these if you're searching for tires

ill do it all tomorrow its 2am

that's fine
>captcha silky ride

Add me back nigga

The one that runs is the 1990

The B20B Integra is the 1991

Fresh fuck you to the wrong clutch Ebay sold me. It's fixed now, but I ran out of leave lmao

Most DAs I've seen in one place for a long time.

Damn I need CS6 again.

>tfw I only ever see the one down the road from work

I've been the lone DA owner in Des Moines for quite awhile and I've seen six or seven since I've been back.

I didn't save my snap story, but some guy had a blue '93 that I met the other week. Said it was from California and shit.

Imgur's auto resize is garbage.

Which photos do you wanna use breh?

>civic hood isn't proped to the second hole
It's like that nigga isn't jdm or something

If this one triggers you I'll change it. This is the 90.

My G7's settings are daytime bias, I was just pointing and shooting with it. This one is sort of dark due to being reliant on light pollution.

>Civic hood isn't resting on the windshield
Nigga probably eats ramen with a fork.

I'm at a crossroads here, guys.

I'm going on Hotrods Drag Week in the '84, and I'm starting to get worried that the unreliable 60hp of the 1.3L won't be able to get me the 5,000 miles of there and back.

She surges on the highway at 60-65mph, she doesn't like to idle, the carb is barely holding on in my opinion, and the trans could really use a rebuild. Plus, at the end of the day: it's just a 60hp when-new engine.

The rebuild it would be cost prohibitive, and the parts to rebuild the trans and revamp the fuel system is around $400.

Now, as most of you know, a near bolt in swap for these 1G CRX and 3G Civics is the '86-'87 Integra D16A1 brown top engine and trans combo, which makes like 115hp or something; almost double.

Now, this just popped up on Craigslist about 2 and a half hours from me.

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/6036944485.html

I'm oh so tempted to buy that and just swap everything I need over. I should have the entire engine loom, all of the emissions shit (which I'd need for smogging it later), all the engine and trans mounts, the fuel system (sans a return line/complete tank setup from a 3G Si to convert the carb'd car to FI), the axles, all that shit.

It'd take a lot of effort, but do ya'll think this would be a better choice than saving the $4,000 for a good B18 swap that, let's be honest, I'll never save and spend on this, or should I just stick with the EV1 60hp 1.3L?

My buddy swapped a browntop into his '85 in a week and a half or so. The problems he ran into that I couldn't figure out was using the stock CRX harness, however since he has an Si, that one is much more similar to the DA3 harness.

The D16A1 is a screaming fucker, I loved driving his CRX.

When I had time to go help him out with it, we jacked up the CRX, slid the engine under, then jacked the engine up and in.

I don't remember what the problem was exactly, but I think we went to go hook up the battery and blew the main 55A... Turns out the alternator ground wasn't connected lmao.

Far as I know it's still going strong and that high revving fuck still sounds great. Sounds like an '80s DOHC as well, it's sweet.

My only real concern is the fact that I'm not well versed with wiring, and this would be a major issue since the car is a carbureted Civic (hatchback, y'all have seen it at this point but pic related) and the chassis wiring harness for that is vastly different from the Si harness as far as I can tell.

I'd be swapping the engine harness and gauge cluster, but that's just a clusterfuck of wires if I'm not mistaken.

Damn, that did not come out as well as I thought.

should have had a good stage light or something shining on the front of the car from the driver side front fender area

The 86-87 brown top isnt as advanced as the 88-89 blacktop but if you're desperate for something, 500 bucks aint bad for a motor and tranny.

As far as the fuel stuff goes, you dont need the shit from an si, you can just do it yourself easily.

depending on how you go about the b swap you can do a lot better than 4k. i can elaborate if you want.

One major issue I have is you can't buy certain parts for the D16A1, so if you have problems then good luck

Plug Red Pepper Racing or go dig verv out of the traphouse for that.

Wouldn't the engine harness from the Integra plug with the chassis harness? It should be all the same stuff, probably need the Integra ECU though.

My buddy was using the stock Si harness, but I think his parts car had an Integra harness that he didn't use.

Ive said this before, but if you go through with it Ive done the entire swap and all of the electrical and know these cars front to back.

If you go about it, I already gave you my phone number so feel free to ask for help

I realize the browntop is technologically inferior to the blacktop, but the headache in swapping that would be too much.

And if I'm not mistaken, I'd need a fuel sending unit, return lines, wiring to the tank, loads of shit... right?

And if you can elaborate on how the fuck the B-series swap somehow isn't $4k, that'd be great. That'd be the swap I'd LIKE to get eventually, but at the moment I need to be reliable and not shit by September.

And yeah, I'm taking a chance with the oil pump on the D16A1, but it is what it is. After all, $500 is cheap all things said and done (plus I think I can talk him down to like $400)

Most of these were point and shot with the G7. I didn't even have my tri/gorillapod for any of these. Had some fun hoon adventures my time back, it was sweet.

If you think the D16A1 swap is doable with the carbureted chassis without removing any of the emissions components from the Integra swap (gotta keep em all for Cali laws), then I'll do it. Those were my only real concern. Especially if you think I can do this for less than a grand, I'll do it and do a B-series later.

But if you also think a B-series swap would be much wiser for doing in the future and just babying this 60hp along, I'll definitely take that to heart.

And trust me; if I get serious about this swap tomorrow, I'll be texting or calling you.

I have no idea how this thing ran when the MAF wasn't hooked up and all those vacuum lines not hooked up.

Will use this one for the 90
What about the 91?

>Wouldn't the engine harness from the Integra plug with the chassis harness?
nyet. The chassis harness for a DX is completely different to a chassis harness for an Si if my research is correct. I'd have to repin connectors and run new wires all over the place.

>need to shut my engine off while trying to find that hissing sound earlier
>unplug that sensor instead of turning the key

I wonder what his secrets are? Mine will shut off as soon as I unplug it. kek

Since I couldn't get it running in time, this is the best picture I have of it lmao.

The first generation Integras are OBD0, correct?

Would probably be an entire harness swap for ease, but I jack shit about turd gens.

>The first generation Integras are OBD0, correct?
yes. Swapping an entire chassis harness.... Ugh. Don't really want to do that unless I absolutely have to. Talk about a pain in the ass. Not that horrible all things considered, there's just light in the back and some speakers, but still.

You can swap the carbed chassis to EFI, the biggest problem you're going to run into is adding a fuel pump and running a new line for the fuel. (You can reuse the old send line as the new return) You'll need the emissions box out of the integra. (probably)

For a b series swap here's what you're looking at:

B16 engine and tranny = 1200-1400
p28 ecu = 50-70
socket the ecu = 20
have someone flash it = free if i do it
if the b16 didnt come with T bracket = 70
sk7 intermediate shaft = 75
mounts and axles = 7-800
hubs and bearings 50+
If you want to be lazy, get a complete engine harness with fuse boxes for 100-200 (its ok if its D series)
hoses and other shit = ???

That puts you at 2685 by my math. You can go cheaper if you use a non vtec motor, like a b20 or b18b1 and an LS tranny

The red one had the IACV unplugged the entire time he had it until I pointed it out last night lmao

I was so fucking confused when I got to looking at it. I learned the DA9 emissions vac isn't that bad, but it's retarded.

I bet it would be time consuming getting everything in place and making it look normal. Shouldn't be terrible since the DA3 and he AF CRX are fairly similar.

BA4s and DA9s are still my territory, I bet the DA3 is as spaghetti filled as the DA9.

Just run the chassis harness independently of the engine harness. That's what I did for both of my cars. Works great and you don't have to do anything.

I tried driving with my IACV unplugged but it gets really jerky. I know some things can be modified to make it run normal without that stuff, though. Something I might attempt.

>WARNING - ADVANCED RICE
youtube.com/watch?v=tnNRYmyuSWY

but here's the even bigger question: is it possible to make the B-series california smog legal?

For that to happen, the engine has to be from a California smog legal vehicle and you must swap over all the emissions components.

I know fuck all about Honda's. I'm a Datsun guy. I have no idea what cars the B-series even came from; so what the hell am I supposed to pull a B-series from?

Legality and ease of swapping, I'm thinking the D16A1 would be easiest.

And as for fuel lines and fuel pump, I was thinking of just going to a wrecking yard and getting the tank and return fuel line from a 3G Civic Si so I could bolt those in: should be good to go then. There's even a 50% off sale at Pick N Pull this weekend.

Considering that the cars that the engines would be coming from

99-00 civic si
94-01 integra gsr or LS
97-01 CRV

are already smog legal, my guess is it would be pretty god damn easy. Just use stock air boxes, make sure to route to the existing charcoal box on the firewall, and when you do the exhaust, use a cat.

Which brings up one thing I forgot to add, whatever $$$ you would spend on getting the exhaust done.

I double checked and the CRV might not be allowed in CA, so then you're left with the other options.

Also you might want to consider just running the stock ECU if you're really paranoid. (P72)

so it looks like I have two years of Integra's to pull an engine from ('94 and '95 should be OBD-I, which is what I'd need so they couldn't scan and see that the ECU has been fucked with)

Great.

Well, that swap is gonna go on the back burner for a little bit;

I'd basically need this, and a new long block:

sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6047286900.html

(assuming that car is currently smog legal)

That feel when I have literally zero emissions equipment on my car and there's no issue because no testing.

Glorious test pipe life. Only concerns are keeping my horn and lights working.

trust me, I wish I didn't have to deal with it, but sadly I do. It's a fact of life here.

This might work as well:

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/6063004697.html

Not a bad deal. Still would need the rear bracket from a 99-00 si and sk7 intermediate shaft. Could sell a lot of that car off though.

Despite the strict rules, California always has tons of cars available to buy. That I'm jealous of. It's slim pickins here unless I'm willing to drive to the heart of Texas or Florida.

I'd love to jump on that car, but I've got another Honda to currently pump money into ('75 CB750) and my '72 240Z I NEED to get on the road so I can crush the parts car and get more driveway space.

So, the Honda will just have to wait for a B-series when it's convenient. If I can talk to the Integra guy and get him down to like $300 I'll do it, but besides that, I'll just work on this thing as it sits. I have to renew my smog in 23 months; so I have some time.

Based EG hatch.

youtube.com/watch?v=D2BavfShtZU

This must be why I only see totaled EG hatchs in the junkyard. They don't actually die otherwise.

You can use any year integra engine for obd1.

Use your engine harness and distributor, sensors are all the same.

Fugg I'm wasted. I guess some things never change

kek hide the xB keys.

Before I go to sleep I see this. Somebody went crazy with the gold paint.

>94 automatic for 2200

that poor starter motor

Will use for the 91 fãm

Honda stronk!

They should've just let it rip in peace

Don't drink and drive nig

That looks absolutely disgusting

I wouldn't go with the current setup if I were you.

Your remonder someone did this to a CRX.

*reminder
Ugh mornings.

>when you're in an rpg and get the guilded plate body

I don't know what it is but every fucking time at a specific intersection peds just getting off the bus start walking TOWARDS me while im in motion. If i dont swing all the way left on the street ill dent my hood on these fuckers.
did i get the ped magnet from carmaggedon?

thoughts after having it for a bit:
>S L O W
noticeable downgrade on speed compared to my old 1.8t Jetta. not a huge deal since I didn't care enough to pay extra for the "faster" trims. Haven't gone fast enough for the VTEC to kick in though
>USB port doesn't recognize my S7 which is fucking stupid, but bluetooth works okay
>drives smooth as fuck and handles super well
>seatbelt is located strangely far behind the seat which rather bothers me
>unsure if I appreciate the trade-off to have actual volume dials on the console instead of a bigger screen
>really appreciate the rims, especially considering how the same-trim sedan just has hubcaps, which I hate
>gas mileage is sick, especially since it takes normal gas unlike my Jetta...

overall it's pretty great and I love how it looks. I just wish it was faster. huge upgrade compared to the 2002 Jetta otherwise. will post collage-able picture soon. anyone have any ideas on what I should look at to make it look even nicer? The sticker thread is tempting me but I don't know if I'm a fag enough to actually put stickers on it

>change wheels to non edgy design, like 5 spoke flat colour
>apply less than 3 non anime stickers on window locations
>wash, wax
>wash, wax

I picked up this 89 accord lxi with 300k on it for $600.
It's pretty lightweight and the 2.0 manual is fun I have ti admit.
But I want swap for more power.
I heard the preludes had jdm b20s and mount up just the same.
Anybody have any tips?

i was thinking the same thing about the swap
maybe sourcing an engine from a crv (ayy lmao)
make sure you're ready to go OB1

Yeah I was thinking this too but the crv motor mounta aren't the same and you'd have to custom fab.
Also I am NOT ready for a whome harness swap just so I can into OBD1.

The 85-89 preludes had jdm B20As I think, and that sits right in, also obd0.

I just don't know where to find one.

from the honda vigor, 3g accord's highest sport trim
i dont think NA got them

side note, the haynes manual is gold
except in dealing with the fucing egr
nothing on it there "bring it in to certified technicians"

>Walk around the corner to CVS
>see this LS
Could he be a nihga?

He would be a powerful ally

Its still for sale on my Craigslist.
I cant tell which is worse the crx rice for 3k or the s13 with a chebby v8 auto for 6k( average for and 240sx here is 4.5k in all conditions, those like ive said before there may be like one with a working stock engine )
Since the i vtec switch for baseline civics most of them you cant really feel.
You want speed wait for more aftermarket, all that gives a lot atm is the hondata as far as ive heard. Though i think it was this or the 9th gens engine that could do better with changed crank and cam. How much did you pay on it btw?

>crank colour saturation all the way up
>nothing happens
Minnesotalol
where at

Also update about my car. Paints still shit and ive decided im going to learn to paint with lacquer from gunpla general using gunpla or some car model kits. Yes this is a bad idea yes. Also now that the transmission has new fluid, the valve cover has a new gasket and the eld is changed, what should i expect to go wrong now.

>>change wheels to non edgy design, like 5 spoke flat colour
yeah I was planning on that some time in the future, exactly that in flat black
>>apply less than 3 non anime stickers on window locations
wew I'm going to keep looking

rustoleum spray + rustoleum clear coat
fukken do it

Minepoopolice famalam

it was $18,500 out the door, which I think was a decent price

how close to ontario is that i might drop by once lel

Yeah NA didn't get shit from any jdm manufacturer. I'll probably end up finding a junkyard 89 integra or something and pulling a b series