/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #676 - Team Sonic Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming ReleasesReminder: Don't respond to shitposters. Report & ignore.

fast

slow

What are /sthg/'s high scores?

Anyone feel that Shard is overrated by the Sonic comic community?

The mere concept of "good Metal Sonic" is enough to make the character considered memorable even if it's in idea instead of the actual portrayal of the character.

I like him, but he is kinda overrated.
Then again I think Sonic Unleashed is grossly overrated by the fanbase.

Unleashed is a case of something being shit on so much that things snapped back to overrating it. It still has a shit-ton of problems, but didn't deserve nearly the amount of hate it got.

It's a weird case, because it's exactly that. Outside the fanbase, or on the fringes at least, it's underrated. But the deeper you get into the fandom, the more adulation it gets. It's getting its dick sucked nearly as much as the Genesis games and Adventure games nowadays desu

I like the game, but it's got major fucking issues

>It's getting its dick sucked nearly as much as the Genesis games and Adventure games nowadays desu

I wouldn't go that far. I've seen people claim Unleashed is a good game. But I've never seen anyone claim it's the best game ever, the end all be all to Sonic, and all Sonic should be. Shit I've seen done with the Genesis games and Adventure games for years now, I still see it done to this day. Even in these very threads.

I'm actually convinced that most of the love for Unleashed is coming from people who played Unleashed Project on Generations without realizing how much better the boost gameplay was in Generations compared to Unleashed.

Why the FUCK would you map homing attack to the boost button when it was on the jump button for 10 fucking years?

OH DARK

He barely existed.

As someone who likes Unleashed more than most, the Unleashed Project was only impressive because it hasn't really been done before in regards to Sonic modding. The boost gameplay is faster and more rewarding in Unleashed than in Generations but I'm not sure it's better per-se.

C'mon /sthg/, don't keep him waiting

Or are you... too slow?

Feedback is appreciated as always

Well, what do you want me to do, ya blue rat?

>Rat

delet this

They look like K-pop idols

Still one of my favorite covers, I'm a sucker for cancer

Nah man they're cybernetic street samurai about to head out on a run to shatter Eggman's megacorp.

Eh, I don't know. I don't think I see him discussed about super often and there's plenty of times I've seen him left out of people's favorite comic or pre-reboot characters.

>Fingernails

Deus-Ex?

The right arm is a bit too thick and the right leg is too skinny

Sonic get's all the bitches, even the dead ones

Why does Sonic keep referring to himself as a hedgehog when he is very clearly a rat?

Guess she outgrew the dress

Doesn't help that the hand on that arm is so tiny as well.

I prefer cybernetic military samurai. If you wanna go fast, you need those cyber legs. And to make sure they're okay.

>Yuri shit

>Yuri
>Shit

How often do you play Sonic games, /sthg/?

Yes.

That's what I said.

Purest form of love is between a man and a woman

>tfw I couldn't stop thinking about this once Jian got her name.

A couple times a month I boot one up.

Reminder

nobody here plays Sonic games

I love this image but I gotta ask, shouldn't bunnies hair be longer?

Amy isn't real, you can't marry her.

This better?

>playing garbage
>ever

Wanna play Ow the Edge and Heroes, but don't them and I hate playing on emulators

ye

Heroes has a native PC version.

Isn't Ow the Edge on PSN?

>not liking yuri

That has always bugged me. I actually own the discs for PC Sonic Heroes but my current laptop has no built in drive. So why the fuck hasn't steam put it up?

Thank god we put it up for ourselves.

Too many bugs to pass Steam's quality assurance and Sega doesn't want to spend the money to fix them since they no longer have the source code.

>Steam
>quality assurance

Since I decided to finally play the games, last month I played Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles a whole lot. Now I am blasting through a lot of Sonic games, just finished Colors, it was alright. I wanted to play Unleashed, but I am a fightan and cuhrazey fag, I can't stand beat em ups at less than 60fps, and there parts in the night level that went way below that

>Steam
>Quality assurance
If that existed, then I would have never played call of cthulhu and deadly premonition on PC

>Steam's quality assurance
You're joking, right?

Okay, yeah. That's good.

Yes. I always liked him and his personality, but as a whole he didn't really appear enough for me to love him more.

Maybe a couple of times a year. It's not even that I've played them all, I only actually played a handful, I just can't find the drive to do it. Then some newfaggot comes like recently and blasts through them.

They're tooth-rottingly cute, to be completely fucking honest.

Every other day. Buying the mobile versions of the Genesis games was probably the best mobile games I've ever bought.

i play Sonic 3 Complete quite often on my phone.

>toes

bump

I really like how looney this comic is.

If it makes you feel better, I tend to do that when I discover that I really, really like, a good example would be the Ys games. I blasted through most of them, and I even actually bought a couple on steam

Kek, fantastic.

Damn Yoto, you've gotten better.

Not best girl, but not bad at all.

She seems a lot less happy and sassy in the reboot. I believe they were trying to establish that while you didn't see her actually grow to want a body and be accepted among her friends like before, she still has a lot more to learn about being a person and having emotion and the like. One of my favorite scenes in the reboot is where Sally shows her the crystal cave that they were going to let Eggman search. She comes across as a bit more "lost" and confused now, for lack of a better word.

Newfag here, who is this cute lady? In what game does she makes an appereance? Why is she so cute?

She's not from any of the games. Her name's Nicole, she's from SaTAM, but this design is from the comics. She's an AI that gained sentience and aids the Freedom Fighters (Basically a bunch of guys including Sonic that fight Eggman)

Awww shit, and here I was hoping that I could play as her. I assume that there isn't a mod for generations that lets me play as that cute lady, right?

Nope. Her and the rest of the Freedom Fighters aren't in any of the games outside of a very small cameo in Spinball

forget that should it be her left arm that is robotic?

THE COLORS FEEL SO RIGHT

>the Freedom Fighters (Basically a bunch of guys including Sonic that fight Eggman)
Totally unrelated to what you're talking about, but it reminded me of something. Did anyone else find this bit of dialogue really forced and awkward? Gave me some "what are we, some kinda SUICIDE SQUADâ„¢" vibes.

IT's pretty forced, like in a Sonic Heroes "WE'RE SONIC HEROES". It's bad, but like, got a weird charm to it

Sonic Heroes is so fucking corny but I'd take it over Colors any day because it's so earnest in its corniness

Cute the Rat

I demand more

>implying champagne doesn't taste like hot piss

>you buncha "Freedom Fighters"
>we're Sonic Heroes
Sonic's just a corny guy with shit nicknames for things.

What was deleted?

>call of cthulhu
I know how you feel, years ago I got it when it was on sale, a year before that I played a burnt copy on my xbox so I thought the pc version would be better because of the better controls and lighting (the xbox version was extremely dark) , even with a patch it still has bugs.

Like the names he gave to Emerl and Chip?

Chip at least makes sense. He was really liking those chocolate chips and his little flying dog form is just a chip of his true self.

>Spoiler
Oh. Huh.

He's a chip off the old block we call Earth.

Yup, I had to basically delete the .exe and replace it with a modded one, then I had to download an injector and patch that .exe. Okay game tho, it starts out great but the change from horror to straight up shooting was something that I didn't like.

Which is like the exact opposite of deadly premonition, i loved it, but game glitched at random points, and killed my 10h progression twice with a save file bug. It was at that point where I truly saw the downside of PC gaming.

Deadly Premonition wasn't exactly a paragon of being bug-free on consoles, either.

Yes, but a month later my EVGA 1070 decided to go kaput, taking down the entire rig with it

The game was just a conundrum when it came to shooting, it tried to be realistic with the whole lack of HUD and how the health system is but you cant even pick up an enemy's gun and they infinitely respond so those on their first playthrough get killed quickly. I hated that refinery level, going back and forth with an enemy using a shotgun or tommy gun in every corner you turn.

SONIC WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE

Wasn't Amy supposed to be dressed in green in that time?