/agdg/ - Amateur Game Development General

Some would ask, how could a perfect Dev create a game filled with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum: why would a perfect Dev create a game at all?

> Play Comfy Jam!
itch.io/jam/agdg-comfy-jam

> Play Demo Day 12!
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12

> Upcoming Demo Day 13
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-13

> Helpful links
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627

> Previous Thread
> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/KUSDs9vt

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/8DFkkce3

> Engines
Construct 2: scirra.com/construct2
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org
LÖVE: love2d.org
UE4: unrealengine.com
Unity: unity3d.com

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

itch.io/jam/rush-hour-jam
youtube.com/watch?v=tr7DLi8GvZI
youtu.be/4h4-2HRHaHI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shit OP image

Ugly OP image with a special snowflake message for no reason. OP is a faggot.

You're gonna make progress this thread. You know it, I know it. Everybody knows it.
Still I need you to tell me what exactly you will make today.

Nth for psychotic breaks

I'm making progress RIGHT NOW

Today I'm making new magic wands... I've already got them, but they were way too generic.

Donald Trump is representative of the average AGDG user. He's an ideas guy who bangs out half-assed prototypes and takes the bait every time.

I'm not sure about that, I got an urinary infection and I'm feeling like shit, can't dev tbqh.

second boss: Rocket Powered Ice Drilling Device
his speed gets faster and he destroys the area.

I have the best ideas. People come up to me on the street and ask me for an idea, and I give it to them straight right there and then.

I bet someone's gonna make another thread because they're mad about tiny details in the OP.

I just had one of those bro. Drink some cranberry juice and get up on that Vitamin C. It'll be gone in no time.

Drawing beetles for like the third day straight.
Please kill me

I'm gonna work on mapgen, then start on basic pathfinding

Anyone looking for a piece music?
I'm just giving it a go so no work to show but just give me a theme/direction and I can post to the thread when it's done.

Oh great, a boss whose challenge mostly consists of waiting!

I want to take coffee to dev. Usually when I do I get so neurotic I break down, and contemplate restarting my game. I'm really tired.

We're not that annoyed with your gay OP. It's just gay is all.

None of you probably remember me from a year back, but I worked on this project with Unity for a while and got fed up how even basic stuff took ages to make. Got more time on my hands again and decided to give GMS a try and got this after just a few hours of work.

It's pretty much nothing so far, but I hope I'll actually get somewhere this time.

Have you tried not taking coffee to dev?

Can you do funk?

Also what happened to those guys who wanted to make a spiritual successor to Jet Set Radio. They had a Kickstarter, made enough money to hire Naganuma, and everything... Although I guess that answers my question.

but im always tired. i know that's because of the coffee. im stuck

I have midterms all week, sadly.

I really want to draw characters though.

Actual OP here, not the guy you're replying to.

Yeah, I get it. Hindsight's 20/20.

>your
Do you think everyone you don't like is the same person?

You have untreated mental illnesses, man. But feel free to roleplay by yourself in the previous thread.

I'll give it a go, bro.

I feel like either you misunderstood him or I'm misunderstanding you. He wants the webm zoomed in so we can see details, not the idle poses to auto-zoom to show themselves off.

wasted my day screwing around on pix2pix instead of deving. how can i repent?

>this overly anxious retard again
Don't you have some posts about "googs" to be freaking out over little Mr. White Knight?

samefag proxy slut phoneposter

hey donald whats your idea for defeating terrorism?
>i cant tell you because i dont want THEM to know, i'll tell you when im president
hey donal youre president now, whats the idea?
>my idea is to tell the pentagon to come up with some ideas
wow amazing, why didnt any of the other presidents ever think of that?! gg.

itch.io/jam/rush-hour-jam

I think you should call 911.

0/4, embarrassing.

post your main characters, I'll draw them
I need to practice with something

I treat threads with US foreign policy.
I get in, fuck shit up, let others deal with the aftermath, and act like I'm Jesus handing out decrippling spells all day.

I'm sorry, I don't speak REE. Could you perhaps consider bringing your tard wrangler / translator with you next time?

i would join this but I don't think I can make a breakout RPG in that time

not mine but please draw this slut

>implying I have a character

Post your art

Still spriting out stage 02 mid boss. I might go with simple movement cues and rotational trickery to supplement the animation (posted two threads back so won't repost the image again)

Nigga, it's almost 3 weeks.
The best part about those jams is that you can make a prototype you wouldn't make otherwise, and if it works you can turn it into a full game after the jam

I'm trying to make a good 32x32 (and then scale it up to accomodate) for a Tumblr and Twitter I plan to make to showcase my projects.

A few of you responded to me last night about me initial one, that was too stiff. I managed to do the best I could un-stiffening him, despite the limited 32x32 grid.

What do you guys think? Good, bad, anything I can improve?

here you go

Practice away!

Throw in shading, add something to break up symmetry

please do!

its aight, i like it

>that fucking max payne face

I'm trying to restritc myself to a NES palette, so I can't really do anything extra with shading to break up the symmetry.

I think it's pretty great. It's without a doubt the face I'd be making were I stuck in a silent hill-esque hellscape but also tough enough to not die immediately.

asked in other thread but
what's the best way for collision in libgdx/box2d?
just making a bunch of rectangles?

collision between what you dumb fuck
also circle vs circle is always the cheapest

(it's actually partially modeled after Sebastian from Evil Within, since I suck at faces)

Even with a limited pallet, you can do a lot with dither.

Aren't boxes the cheapest since it's just a comparison between two numbers, whereas circles will involve trig and more arithmetic?

shouldn't be too hard. probably won't be redesigning it any time soon.

>partially
heh
That "I just ate a lemon" face is a max payne trademark though

He was being an asshole.

Anyone working on cool secret projects? I can't show you guys what I'm working on yet, because it's too cool.

player/enemies with the ground/walls
I was thinking of making a square for each tile, or would that take too many resources

youtube.com/watch?v=tr7DLi8GvZI

>WE COME IN PEACE

Made my first attempt at a enemy type sprite, wanted something simple geometrically
Going to try giving the NPC database the option of a sprite sheet entry alongside the individual NPC's, then passing the information into the NPC spawner so it applies the skin on NPC spawn.

No more Tic-Tac NPC's for me!

Im using a character controller for the character and a navmesh agent for the enemy, im trying to do proper collision between the player and the enemy but for some reason if the player goes fast enough on the direction of the enemy he just climbs the enemy, the enemy is using a capsule collider with a rigid body set to is kinematic.

>work on idea in secrecy
>never bounce it off us
>work on it for years
>turns out "too cool" is shit, and we could have helped you

Ah haha, yeah I have noticed his lips look a bit pursed so I might try to fix that

I like it.

Idea guy? An idea guy in politics would be someone writing down ideas in his basement and never get elected. Trump became president of the united states, which is equal to becoming head of multi million dollar game company.

Have fun user

This whole post screams adult swim cartoon intro.

Die you fucking barneyfag.
I've asked for help in /g/ so I guess I can share this.
I'm working on an open source fantasy console with included devkit that runs on a raspi and is piss easy to code for. Kinda like pico-8 but with less arbitrary restrictions.

The front view doesn't really convey that 2 of the hanging tubes are closer to the camera.
Also doom was released in '93 and had 8-directional sprites. Step it up.

lel

I am LITERALLY the Unity master, ask me any Unity questions/bugs and shit and I shall answer.

I'll bounce it off you guys soon. I just wan't to get the main game systems finalized - missions, world generation etc.

Building a tutorial bot right now.

Changing how audio is stored so sound events (like hovering over a button, which sound it triggers, whether theres pitch variation) is read from a google drive sheet, so I can blaze through all the sfx I downloaded. Buttons will play a random sound each time, and if I like it I click a button and that match of sound event to specific sound effect file gets uploaded and saved. its maybe over engineered but typign shit out into notepad++ to keep track of which things sound good is for lamers

stunning

I have four protagonists. Have one.

If you have a rigidbody attached to the player I don't remember if character controllers let you have a rigid body or not you can toggle the restraints, so you can have the player not go up, but still fly backwards.

Barneyfag lol just a shitty tshirt design i made

Woah crazy. You should figure out how to make at least a bit of money from that project user. Unless you already make good money

Forgot pic

Why isn't there a toggable option to disable the amazon search in the quick menu?

Selling it would be a way of getting no one to try it.
It'll be open source and accepting donations I suppose.

saved

>tfw no open source game to contribute to and learn from

But the NES didn't have dithering.
Also, I'm new to Aesprite, do you know how I use dithering in it? Otherwise, I'll just google it later when I continue working.

Making more sprites. Very slowly.

what the fuck is that anyways?

I only have a character controllers, it already handles collision

it's an /ic/ meme

It's actually from my previous semi-abandoned game but my current one doesn't have any characters yet.

what
there's literally thousands of open source games for you to learn from and help

>the NES didn't have dithering

I meant /agdg/ open source

youtu.be/4h4-2HRHaHI

Can't help ya then m80, don't know shit about character controllers. I don't like using them.

That would be very nice.

No, not selling it directly. I just mean finding a way to make the entire project something people can monetize in some way. I just hate seeing talented people work themselves like slaves and dont think about their own wallets.

Because talent + money means you can make even cooler shit

Are you the one that commissioned an art user for those character sheets? Where did you find that artist?

>Also, I'm new to Aesprite, do you know how I use dithering in it? Otherwise, I'll just google it later when I continue working.
I mean it's 32x32, right? You could always just.. Just draw the squares.