Highest mileage

What was it and how did it drive / in what condition was the car?

Forgot to mention, talking about a car you owned

I have a 95 GMC 4x4 short box...about 590K kms...drove great until the trans shit the bed last September...

Not what I owned but there are regularly reported columns/blogs of VW diesel 1.6 and 1.9 with over 500k kms. I remember reading about Opel Omega with over 700k kms without a rebuild. Also it's not uncommon for E class taxi hitting one million kms.

yeah, the 1.9tdi is fucking legendary

>'95 Cherokee with 325k miles
Starts on the first crank every time, lil rusty, drives straight for the most part and doesn't leak a whole lot
>'98 civic
260k miles and it runs top notch, always get 32mpg at least and have gotten 40mpg on mostly highway trips

>tfw learned how to measure compression of the cylinders
>tfw it helped me buying a car once
>tfw I can't stop doing it every now and then for the shits and giggles and especially when buying a new used car
>tfw compression checking autism fully engulfed me

halp.

My miat has 225k miles (362k km) and it's still running strong.

I've seen people like you strip the threads out doing that shit.

1989 honda accord lxi
300,000+
still daily it

Dad's 01 cavalier had 370k miles on it. Original everything. Last cavilier he had was 80something had 320k on it. He wanted to see how high he could get this one, but got ran off the road Saturday night by a flatbed and the car is totalled. Went to see him in the hospital, he asked if i think he could fix it.

that's cool and I can't do that, but I will still know compression rates the same as you by looking it up online.

not sure if troll but if not, I meant checking the compression to check the engine health.
if the compression is too low on one or several cylinders it is an indication that the engine is close to exitus.

>tfw the 2017+ models will be made in China

Pontiac 6000, 329,xxx miles before I sold it.

Iron Duke FTW

Hyundai Stellar
Brand new out of the showroom in '86
double shifted as a taxi(2 drivers both on 12 hours shifts day and night)
retired it in '96 with 740,000 miles on the clock
no, thats not a typo, 740K miles

sold it to one of my drivers for 200 quid, she then taxi-ed it for a further 2 years after which she then used it as a shift change over car.

my '98 taco with 225k miles. It's pretty rough. Drives like shit but thats the bigger tires/no swaybar/lift that really does it.

I love seeing your posts.
What is an old bastard like you doing on Veeky Forums?

Where is that? Arizona? New Mexico?

whats a young guy like you being so ageist for?
i like cars
i hate car forums
i hate car clubs
but
i like Veeky Forums
why aren't you out trying to get laid?

>Hyundai Stellar

never seen those but looks cooler than I expected.
kinda low roof for a car like this which is probably what makes it seem cool.

Changed the oil on an ex-taxi Crown Vic, had 416k on it.

it was basically a Korean built Mk3 Ford Cortina in a fancy new frock.
but at £6000 new with a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty at the time it was the best choice for taxi-ing

don't bother.
faggots just can't grasp the fact that there are more over 40 guys around on this site than they would expect.
been around here since 2005 myself.

also, they don't know yet that they will be here forever.

>5 year unlimited mileage warranty
apparently they were pretty smug about their reliability but seems like it was actually true and those cars were breddy gud

not a car but the last company i worked for had a roller that the hour counter had turned over which meant it had been running continuously for over 11 years

oh they were reliable, just had to keep on top of maintenance.
i'd need to dig out the paperwork but if i recall that car only had 2 clutches and an alternator replaced

is your Dad alright?

My parents 1997 dodge caravan 3.8l.
It was just over 300k miles. It started and ran great. Didnt burn or leak oil, shifted smooth.

We drove that thing in unplowed snowy roads and in frozen cornfields like jackasses. There was more than 8 feet from the hatch to the front seats. Seats popped out very easily. Used it like a truck to move furniture and appliances. I laid a full size arcade machine down in it once, moved full 4x8 sheets of plywood with it. Brother moved a few motorcycles

I would have kept ticking too, but someone slammed into it running a red light.

Veeky Forums is my favorite place to discuss cars because you don't need a user account to post and the discussions aren't limited to any specific brand or model. Oh, and I can also call people faggots and that appeals to my inner 14-year-old.

good for you pal.

and I don't even like Asian culture or post in any other boards...

The lack of accountability is nice
I really like /diy/ too

You can post something that you are half sure of to help someone out. There is a discussion and many people googling and using their own knowledge at once.
Its a weird way to get the right answer but its pure and it usually has decent discussion (even through the shallow personal arguments)

When you arent trying to protect your forum name from ridicule, when people go into each thread without preconceived notions of the posters, its better for everyone

I wasn't criticising you, I was actually saying it's cool.
I like seeing you post about your experiences as a kid.
Wisdom

1998 b5 2.8 v6 5speed passat 235k miles when I sold it. Both engine and trans still working great

sorry my bad, got the wrong end of the stick as usual.

/diy/ is cool , so is Veeky Forums when they're not eing up their own arses over wishy brands etc.
recently got a 3d printer so /diy/ has been pretty useful as has /po/

/pol/ is good for shits n giggles and /b/ is a mere shadow of it's former self.

/x/ is crap since space elevator left, i looked forward to his friday night threads

>being up their own arses over whisky brands

current DD, sitting at 189k miles.

It's a 1.3L 1999 MT Lancer, drives like a beauty. Only issue is the clutch wears down the clutch disc faster than usual.

Old image of the mileage from about 2 years ago.

Note that it's in km

>Mercedes 300 Turbodiesel
Motherfucker had 460k miles, thought the transmission was fucked at 400 but it was just the vacuum lines (autotragic)
Sold it for the same price I bought it at 200k, 1000 bucks

i drove an old 80s dodge camper through western canada that had over 900 000km on the odometer that hadn't worked for several years

All cars sold to new owner, some of them still driven today (that i know of):

w124 2.5 nonturbo - 780.000km
w211 2.2 cdi - 520.000km
w211 2.2 cdi - 830.000km
w210 2.2 cdi - 1.000.000km
w203 2.2 cdi - 650.000km
present car: w201 3.0 benzin (from 300E) - 330.000km

i drove an e46 320d with 400k km a while back. Problem is that right after i got out there was a funny feeling in my nose and mouth and i nearly got sick from it.

Ask for any details, remember all very well

You metric weirdos love your conversions and units and shit but then you go and do something like say 590K kms. That's all sorts of fucked up and implies accuracy down the kilometer. Why not 590 Mms? Then you only imply the 590 figure is accurate. The best thing you could do to preserve your significant figures here would be to say .59 Gms. But you wouldn't say that because then everyone would notice your system of measurement is deeply flawed.

Even for my metric cars I just use miles. My E28 has a quarter million miles on the clock. See? Nice and simple, we picked a distance, called it a mile, and decided that's the biggest any single distance can be. No kilomiles or any of that bullshit. The next step up is probably a fucking AU. But I wouldn't really know because I don't jack off to base 10.

>Problem is that right after i got out there was a funny feeling in my nose and mouth and i nearly got sick from it.

....what

Just saying whats in the dash board you fucking moron jesus christ

It might've been the diesel fumes, it might've been the old and overused leather interior.
The smell was so fucking feint but 5 minutes later i was fucking sick.

The 'accuracy' is down to 10k kms...but thats probably still to accurate for you...

My truck doesn't measure the mileage in 'miles'...it's metric...I'm Canadian...driving a truck built in Texas...

And I work, and have worked as a cabinetmaker for over 25 years...both imperial and metric. Sometimes I like to live on the edge and construct an elevation using both...at the same time...

Can you dig it faggot?

Or did you need a little more time to pull your head out of your ass...

>diesel fumes
could be!
a small leak somewhere in the exhaust pipes or near the engine would easily cause this.
but yeah, personally I don't like the smell of leather interiors and I think I might feel sick after a while too.
another possibility could be that the previous owner used some cheap leather conditioner on the interior he got from ebay. horrible shit.

I pretty much only like velours interiors.

leather is so fucking pleb

how it became a luxury option is beyond me

Sold an 88 Chevy K1500 with 650k miles on it. Was great. Rebuilt transmission twice and that's all. Now have a 92 K1500 with 179k on it and a new crate motor in it

Who tf would buy a car with 329k miles on it?

It's from an article.
Car was used as taxi from 2007 and in 2016 it got to 999999 km.
Engineers from the manufacturer confirmed that the transmission and engine have not been touched, the distance is real and: it had the same compression in all 4 cylinders.
Dacia Logan 1.4 LPG

Also:
Why does everyone in this thread seem to think a bit more than 200k miles is a lot? I expect everything I own to make it to 250-300k and I regularly deal with shit that makes it to 400k.

>close to EXITUS

lol I'll remember that one haha - I'll use it with car plebs and see them concerned, and asking whats wrong with my car, what is exitus?

Exhaust leak??

My dad's 2005 silverado 2500. Had 415-420k miles last time I drove it, and at that point the only major replacements were the MAF and transfer case

>ended up throwing at rod at 460ish k miles

My dad had a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the v8, my brother has it now and it has just over 540k kms on it. It still runs decently well, but there's a suspension crunch and the airbag light is on