Etrian Odyssey General

EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS
>EO V Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EO V Skill Simulator
waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
jii.moe/EkvsTrdY-.html# (Class Skills)
jii.moe/VyvBiy6dW.html# (Race Skills)

>EO V item and quest translation list
pastebin.com/c4uzKptj (Item list)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz2FGmL0QpE2-Qkb8zz-t_MP_WEpDo6gzlA29-wJIDw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 (Quest list)
pastebin.com/8sJhutN7
(Conditional drops)

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
>EO V VA list
pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs

>EO V Game & DLC.cia link
mega.nz/#F!XkJiHBIb!vzL2CLjZZVA-yAGS7UZgdA

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/qqhffq.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=fUs2_7SYAI8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cute girl.

That EOV skills website. jii.moe. Is it broken? Or is it my phone?

Try using a real device next time

No flatties allowed.

After looking around, apparently TEC only applies to Alchemists and not anyone else? So just go full STR on the Gunner? What about Hexers?

Gosh, you guys are pathetic.

my.mixtape.moe/qqhffq.webm

The jii.moe EOV sites have been dead for a while now. They should probably be removed from the OP.

>eov opening movie lists all the races and their specialties
>"however, they all share one thing... a desire for new adventures."

>just go full str on gunner
Except for that one point of TEC Up required to get Medishot if you're going Medic-less

TEC also affects all healing skills as well as evasion of opposing TEC attacks. Hexer skills only really benefit from LUC, but it's hardly a priority compared to maxing the curses you want to use.

What was your first EO experience like?

Mine was EOIII and I did everything wrong. I grinded 10 hours in the first stratum just to be able to survive the second stratum. I completely ignored sea quests until I got to the third stratum. I somehow managed to just rush and beat the 4th stratum without mapping it and I gave up on the 5th stratum once I got to the no map gimmick.

Spending hours drawing maps on the toilet was amazing though.

I played EOIII first aswell
I made the mistake of having a royal instead of a dedicated healer, because I loved the strange journey passive heal system. I eventually scrapped my first whole party and made a simple but strange party, very good memories.
Either way if it weren't for the good writing of the game, I never would have stuck with it.

Makes sense now. Thanks a lot for the help

>Got EO1 because qt knight girl on the cover
>Dump one point into everything instead of focusing on a select few skills.

since the thread is dying I might as well ask my stupid question
for my landsknecht after a reset at level 23, should I invest my points in double slice or sonic raid?
she is my main damage dealer and so far sonic raid was good, however the cost of double slice makes me wonder if 3 sonic raids will deal more damage or a single double cut

Thanks fellow user to save the reputation of Ricky

Go with Double slice.
The benefit of sonic raid is moving first, but if you have vanguard, I don't think there's a reason to keep using it.

>didn't put walls on maps
>looked up maps on gamefaqs when i was lazy
>putting points in random skills
>named party after anime characters

dark times

>tfw I'm having my first EO experience right now
everything is fairly good so far, I mapped everything perfectly with the power of autism and gods be damned this game is the epitome of comfy when you play it in a cold winter night under a blanket
the only fuck up I can think of is the early game skill point assignment for my medic and taking a dancer instead of another class of damage dealer

Dancer can be a good damage dealer.
Sword Dance lets their normal attack hit 1-4 times. The Nightseeker's Blade Flurry doubles that to 2-8 times - although the offhand hits will only do 30% damage so it's more useful if you use bind/ailment forges since more hits means more chances to inflict stuff.
Rush Dance lets you do a normal attack whenever another party member attacks or uses an offensive skill. Together that means your Dancer will just be slashing away like a maniac.
It gets even more crazy if you use a Link-Landy as every single strike of Sword Dance counts as a new action so it has a 100% chance to cause the Link to activate. Which usually maxes out your Link-proccs every single turn.

I sold every Formaldehyde I found because it sounded useless.

It's a thing of beauty - but why are EO2 and EO2U on the same level?
All you need in EO2 is a Hexer for the game to bend over and call you daddy but EO2U needs at least a semblance of a real party (if only to feed Fafnir sterioids so he can blow stuff up). Als their levels of polish are worlds apart.

youtube.com/watch?v=fUs2_7SYAI8

Still the best

How much defence is needed in EO2U?

If I try to make a chase team work with

Fafnir/Landsknecht/Highlander
Alchemist/Princess

will I constantly die?

those three are fairly tanky so maybe not as much as you normally would but you'll definitely see frequent oneshots of characters

Why is EO such a comfy game?

Map design that is actual design instead of a random dog turd traced with jagged edges with a few dead ends sprinkled to the sides like maps in your usual RPG are.

Interesting classes with sometimes varied playstyles that all horribly suck if you don't know what you are doing.
Beating the game is something you do, not something that is pre-programmed because the characters kick so much ass by default.

Enemies that are more about working together instead of just hitting very hard.
In fact, outside of the first and sixth stratum the big-pile-of-stats enemies are on their own usually the least threatening encounter because you have so much tools to shut them down.
Only the combination of damage, support and control that enemies throw at you is really dangerous.
(In the first stratum you often don't have the tools to deal with hard-hitting enemies quite as easily and in the sixth stratum they are so numorous their tactic to just murderate you can often wear you down.)

Great music and often beautiful places that even with their repeated textures are way more interesting to look at than just another gray brick wall in a dungeon and a dark brown cave.

A resource system that is designed not to keep you in the dungeon until you get bored and stop on your own but has you go back to refresh the TP of your characters when you still want to explore. So not only do your characters take a break you also have one and can get right back to exploring rejuvinated and fresh.
Also especially in the newer titles shortcuts that allow you to progress even when only taking a rather short trip into the dungeon.
You can either spend hours or just fifteen minutes in one sitting and feel like it was worth your time either way.

These are all great reasons you can tell people about should they ask you what you like about the franchise.

But we all know we are here because cute girls in armor. And sometimes cute girls without armor. And traps that look like cute girls in armor.

Ok, I will try it out. Maybe I go for Guard Order before Attack Order to get a bit more sturdy.

Btw. could I use War-Revive on a character that is still alive to get the end-of-turn revival should they die?

>came here to ask if EOIV game is worth buying
>see this post
>And traps that look like cute girls in armor
FUCKING SOLD MY MAN
I'M GOING TO BUY TWO COPIES AND GIVE ONE TO MY FRIEND TOO

Beautifully summed up!
EO really shines compared to other dungeon-crawlers in its comfyness

That is really well written. Well done man.

landsknecht portrait 4 + recolor and medic portrait 4 + recolor
both are supposed to be male

>landsknecht portrait 4 is male
I knew about the medic one
but I swear to god to this day I thought the landsknecht was a loli
my current party is never going to be the same, EOIV rused me
>mfw I made a party with 4 lolis (including that landsknecht) and that medic as my self insert
>in my fantasies we had hot secks orgies when we cleared dungeons
>now you are telling me that she (he) had a dick
I dont feel safe anymore, now I have to make him fuck me in my fantasies and make me her (his) cumdump

The great thing about having no voice-acting in IV, is that you can choose any portrait you want and with the help of some healthy autism just choose their gender yourself.

>fighting some golem
>it'll die in one more hit so i use formaldehyde
>hit it and it goes down
>me and my party are about to sheath our weapons but the music hasn't stopped
>golem endured the hit and heals 3k hp
>we sheath our weapons anyway and hightail it out of there

What the fuck is this sorcery?! Why??!

Because Golem without his health restore is really weak. And even with his health restore he isn't much.
It's an unexpected move that gets you once and never again.

too late to change genders, I'm already her (his) cumdump

A worthy fate, I presume.

What would a good chain party for EOV final boss be?

The only game that has voice acting for generic class characters is EO5, and even so, you can choose not to give them a voice or even giving boys a girl voice and vice versa.

cute girl

2 fencers, a rabbit, and whatever else your heart desires.

Just picked up EO2:U, curious how elemental chaser and link order work. Is it elemental attack -> chase -> link order? Or elemental attack -> link order -> chase?

Can you still craft an element onto a weapon? There's not too much variety for elemental damage dealing classes up in here.

Also do status effects/binds suck, or are they a viable strat this time around?

It should be either
elemental attack -> Chaser -> Link Order (from elemental attack) -> Chaser
or
elemental attack -> Link Order -> Chaser (from elemental attack) -> Chaser (from Link Order)

Damagewise those two are identical. Link Order will only work once per turn, Chasers have a chance to procc more often (chance goes up as you increase the rank of the skill)

You can not forge an elemental on weapons. If you want elemental normal attacks a Troubadour or consumable items can help you.
But as with forged elementals they are only influence normal attacks. If you use a skill with cut damage it will still deal only cut damage even with an elemental infused weapon.

Not much variety for elemental damage? Alchemist, Gunner and Fafnir (Story exclusive class - can be used in Classic only via New Game+ from a Story save) have easy and useful access to all three of them.
Landknecht, Souvereign and Highlander (DLC class as it was introduced in EOU) can copy that element.
And Ronin also has all elements (even all physical ones) although it's not that good of an idea to try and use them all since you would spread your skill points thin.

Also if you are thinking about fighting enemies that are resistant to physical elements an honorable mention goes out to Ailment Cut, a really strong War Magus skill that ignores cut resistance.

Binds/ailments are strong. They are only influenced by LUC in this game (as opposed to being influenced by TEC and LUC in earlier titles) and there are some passives that increase ailment chance even further.
Accumulated resistances are still a thing but they only persist for ten rounds so in long boss battles you can inflict the same bind/ailment multiple times.

How many bosses are completely immune to various ailments and binds?

Debating between a chase/link order focused team and a bind/ailment focused team.

There is a single boss that is immune against all but one of them and some bosses have a few immunities but for the most part you will have a choice as to what you want to inflict.

Personally I would take the bind/ailment route.
The War Magus' Ailment Cut needs an ailment on the enemy but deals really good damage.
And the Dark Hunter's Ecstasy deals more damage the more binds an enemy has. With two binds the damage is already amazing but with three it becomes outright insane. (Though the final post-game boss is immune to one of the binds.)
With a single turn of set-up you can two-shot some post-game bosses on Expert using Trance and a three bind Ecstasy.

Also a bind/ailment party can take a defensive support (Beast or Protector) along without losing much whereas Chasers want as many activators as possible.

Didn't get an answer in the last thread but what causes Crossing the Sanzu to activate twice sometimes off a hit?

What should I put my 5 extra points into for my Hexer? LUC or is Poison+5 worth it later in game? EO2 btw

Not sure if I've seen this happen apart from an additional chase off of a chain attack.

It happens like once every 5 chases or something. Been trying to figure out what triggers it but can't figure it out.

Poison is much better. LUC barely has an effect in EO2 because everything that isn't a random encounter heavily resists ailments to a point where it pretty much does nothing.

Was unsure how useful LUC would be, thanks. Was only weighing the two since I have a DH with Viper and wasn't sure it was necessary to have two poison skills

OPPAI LOLLI : THE GAME

No.

What's the best game to play first?

Any chance it's that skill that allows other skills multiple activations?

EO4.
It is the most forgiving when it comes to party composition (as in: nearly every halfway decent party works).
Also it's the only one with an actual overworld (aside from EO3's sailing minigame) so if you come from other RPGs the transition won't be as jarring as being restricted to a single dungeon might be.
When you come from other turn-based dungeon crawlers you will probably feel right at home anyways.

It's also the easiest so you won't get your ass handed to you quite es often as if you started with EO2U or even EOU.

Lastly of all the 3DS titles it has the least amount of QoL stuff so it's smoother to go forwards from there than to go backwards from the Untolds.

EO3 would also be possible buts it's an DS game and you can feel its age...

that's his gimmick

It's either that or the one that lets normal attack hit multiple times. Looks like it has a lower activation rate than normal though.

V WHEN

After P5

Thanks buddy

There's always 2 boys and 2 girls, user. The 2 girls are obvious because Bandana's one and the other girl's in the same pose, and the first guy has the same pose as the shota.

How come EO5 is only half a gb big? It seems like it'd take up more space than that.

Atlus NA has the worst translation team, mostly because I imagine JP screws them over.
>P5's international versions get a launch date like 2 weeks before the JP version drops.
>The president of the NA branch went on-record as saying they hadn't even seen the script yet and localization had only JUST began.
I don't think anybody was surprised that it got delayed, just really fucking annoyed.

Did not mean to reply. Fuck.

The mazes in EO4 and stratums in the Untolds were safed as a whole whereas in EO1-EO3 and EO5 everthing is generated on the fly.
This is why the view distance is so small - the game literally does not know what is further away than what you can see.

Also there is neither an overworld nor (afaik) any anime movies to store.

So the half gb is enemy models, textures, animations, music, SFX, voices, portraits and UI. Also lots of numbers and letters but those are cheap to store.

should I buy Persona Q

if you have shittasteitis

>V has no overworld
What? Why?

tfw no runemaster gf

It's just s straight climb up the tree - what would you need an overworld for?

The only time you ever see more than just the town or the tree itself is in the character creation screen that shows you where the different races live.
And that's a still image that's just a bit of fluff.

it's ok if you either like persona characters or want more eo gameplay
the dungeons are very good actually
just don't use hama or mudo spells because they utterly trivialize the game

Only 40 more days until Atlus announces bringing over EOV

Why couldn't she just be real..

It would have been cool to have different towns to go to like in 3.
They have 4 different races for different parts of the town.
It would have been cooler if you teleported to the town for what you need, instead of just one city.

think you have the wrong pic friend

Are there any physical attack mist items in V?

As somebody that got it on sale, I'm glad I got it on sale.

The game is either ridiculously easy or hardcore screws you over for not bothering to have the A+ perfect team from the start. The third stratum wasn't even hard, it was just irritating as fuck to have to deal with "ambush+corrosion" every other fight, despite being overleveled as fuck.

The puzzles aren't good and can't be interrupted, the final stratum is "dodge this reaper for 2 hours and execute this SPECIFIC MOVEMENT PATTERN OVER 5 FLOORS", and the only good aspects of the game can be found on youtube.

Get it on sale, or just download the soundtrack and pretend it goes to a good game.

So you like blue-haired better? Not complaining.

No the other one

more like the pale-blue haired one

People (rightfully) complained that the overworld removes the dungeon crawling feeling and immersion of the other games, so they listened and made it like the older games again.

The overworld puzzles in III and IV were pretty fun though. Did they make up for the lack of overworld with bigger dungeons or something similar then?

They made up for it with some of the best stratums and puzzles in the series

the other girl!

III sea exploration was great because it was a huge puzzle area

IV was shit because most of the areas were empty landscapes with nothing to do. they were nice though.

>They made up for it with some of the best stratums and puzzles in the series
ahem

My party was terrible, I didn't use subclasses and my only reliable attacker was an arbalist. I didn't have problems until Kirin, just because that fire attack destroyed my party after 30 turns. I also sold the stat boost books because I thought they worked like bravants.

I don't know - trial-and-error-ing your way through a teleporter maze and doing the same (horribly slow paced) FOE puzzle over and over again was not too great.

I liked B26F and B27F of EOU more than B29F.
B28F and B30F are outright boring in their design and frustrating in execution so overall I am not too hot on Clearet Hollows.
It's not bad especially with everything very effectively trying to murder you - but outright the best?

*cough*

Screencapping this just in case you're psychic.

You posted the wrong map m8

>barred from entering campsite and opening nearby shortcut until after the story fight in the central room

Well fuck you too, Olympia.