/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB44)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?29755
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?30112

>Datamine (OB44)
smitedatamining.com/paladins-ob-44-datamining-oracle-lawman-and-inara/

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru (much better)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

status.hirezstudios.com/incidents/q01zyky897hd
youtube.com/watch?v=W39TtF14i8I
youtube.com/watch?v=sumZLwFXJqE
youtube.com/watch?v=W32Bs4mRuts
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mfw wyrm jets
I am become killer of flanks and everything else

How are you enjoying the fact that its a free game? This isnt a free world you commie shit. Hi-Rez need to make money somehow. And quite frankly they are being very generous to the community.

How are you enjoying the fact that its a free game? This isnt a free world you commie shit. Hi-Rez need to make money somehow. And quite frankly they are being very generous to the community.

status.hirezstudios.com/incidents/q01zyky897hd

I wonder which issues they'll choose to address

Legendary card costs were meant to be 36k

I want Maeve to purr into my ears!

HAS ANYONE BEEN RUBBERBANDING LIKE CRAZY TODAY?

I've had my worst freaking games this past couple of hours, my ping just spiking and spiking at random times making me play horribly with no way of anticipating or adjusting to anything.

I want to console Maeve about her 18-year-old washboard and trick her into taking a shady drug!

Didn't have it bad until right now. Lagged hard and died when it stopped.

I want to take Maeve off the streets and feed her ALL the eggs!

PREACH IT BROTHER I THOUGHT TRUMP SUPPORTERS BELIEVED IN HELPING AMERICAN BUSINESS NOT GETTING HANDOUTS

i want to kill maeve and all waifufags!!!

I hate the fact that it is f2p the. It's holding the game back with jew practices. If they sold out at mid tier pricing with optional skins it would probably do well.

I hope they bring back Barik.

Barik and Survival are probably the fixes. Maybe they'll tweak prices again.

It would be as dead as BB.

f2p is mandatory to stay competitive in this market. There is no way Paladins would be able to compete with the bigger FPSs.

wait, so siege engine can be destroyed?
does it mean you can delay an entire team if you actually focus on it?

They dont need to "tweak" prices they need to scrap essence alltogether or this game is going to be deader than Michael Jackson.

I can't believe they're jewing us this hard, hey guys we heard you wanted to spent your gold so now you can do it, aint we great devs xD? (NOW YOU JUST GOTTA SPEND 8 TIMES AS MUCH GOLD AS YOU NEEDED BEFORE XD)

no?
where did you read/see that?

Damn man, it's been like 20+ patches since that was a thing. I still miss it.

youtube.com/watch?v=W39TtF14i8I

>they stick to their guns and keep the prices as they are
Would the game truly die?

how did that work? could it be repaired?

oh shit wrong one
youtube.com/watch?v=sumZLwFXJqE

I wouldn't be so sure. Stillborn was straight up garbage and with some more marketing it would be able to compete at mid tier pricing.

>extra credits

>Essence
Good in theory, garbage in practice.

>Implemented as
Gold sink
>Intended purpose
Revamping the loadout system along with Legendary cards

>Actual purpose
Obfuscates card unlocks for anyone new to the point where they could unlock ONE champion and get ONE legendary off of the 36k starter essence and be stuck with default loadouts and default legendaries for everyone else while playing the roulette wheel of Radiant Chests because, and this is important enough to sequence break for --

YOU ONLY GET ESSENCE FROM DUPLICATES
OF WHICH YOU WOULD HAVE NONE IF YOU ARE A NEW PLAYER

Sure you get a *ton* of chests from leveling up mastery and account...
But comparatively it's a drop of water in a raging ocean that just keeps growing larger and larger.

With the projected champion count clocking out at about 35 by the end of 2017, new player counts are going to stop dead in their tracks and the game will stagnate harder than Tribes Ascend.

>Numbercrunching
Not counting unlocked default loadout cards, a full unlock is 25250 Essence, plus 36000 for both legendaries, which means fully unlocking a champion manually is going to cost around 61250 essence.

>Essence gain
Legendary: Costs 18000, Duplicate ???
Purple: Costs 5000, Duplicate 1250
Blue: Costs 1250, Duplicate 500
Green: Costs 500, Duplicate 60

MVP Duplicate: 1000
Taunt Duplicate: 1000 or 2000

You get 3 random drops per Radiant Chest, unless you have Booster in which case you get 4, and that averages out to about 800-1100 essence per chest for someone who had about half of everything unlocked.

Just estimating off of those numbers, you would need about 1908 chests to hypothetically get everything by the end of 2017.

(25250+36000=61250)*35=2143750 Essence.
Right now at 22 champions it's 1347500 Essence.

>>>feel free to spam this on plebbit and lowrez droneforums

Well, new players would certainly not stick around for very long when they realize that the only thing they can get are champions, a few cosmetics, and that they cant even buy cards for the champ they want.

Then, after getting their first dupe, they realize how fucking impossible it will be to get a legendary after they spent their first 36k essence, and the game gets unfair/grindy/stale with 0 progression past new champs, so they quit

best explains it to people who cant or wont read

>profile says i own every card
>double check each champion
>doesn't give essence for duplicates
Should I just not open chests or what

dont open them idiot
all chests are broken

its a bug.
but youre gonna get refunded for any essence you were supposed to get from opened chests.
but its better to be safe and not open them yet.

Video is irrelevant, there's no trading between players so the value of gold currency is purely to the whims of LowRez.

This whole shitasco can be boiled down to something simple: They jacked up the price of cards to the point where it takes forever to get the build you want. All the essence and shit just throws RNG and shit to obfuscate the true cost of putting together your favorite build. Good luck if you don't already have the normal cards because the Legendaries are a bitch to grind for veteran players and takes almost forever for newbies.

I still haven't gotten my retroactive welfare chests. Has Hi-Rez said when they'd go out?

+50% movement speed legendary for Fernando WHEN

>/palg/ in charge of balance

tf2 is free
its not pay to win
what gives

Paladins is not supported by a multi-billion dollar digital distribution service

TF2 and, due to similar circumstances, DOTA2 are exceptional in that they were games that were used to move a platform, rather than make money.

Kinda like how Google holds on to Youtube at a loss; it's meant to drag people into the program/company as a whole, even if it looks like that service in a vacuum is losing them money.

Soon™

>implying valve supports tf2 at all and not just grab random shit from the workshop and put it into cases

which is exactly why this game is fated to fail
instead of creating it for the purpose of creation, hi rez is milking every single thing they can from it before it even came out of beta

what proof do you have that steam supports tf2?

also
>steam
>multibillion
lmao

>Implying the tf2 and Dota 3 teams are in the red

ebin

You missed that user's point. TF2 is (was?) deliberately run at a loss after the F2P conversion as a honeypot to draw people to Valve's exclusive platform, Steam.

Paladins can't function that way since HiRez isn't a distributor; they don't have a service to try and hook you into.

Are you aware how huge steam is?

>guy streaming on paladinsgame twitch
>freaks out when he finds out you can't use gold to buy cards anymore
>gets visibly mad
>suddenly shuts up and says alright i'm not gonna go there (prolly to not upset jews at hirez)

Was it z1? He's on now and he still seems pissed.

So when do you think the chests would be fixed?

captcha relevant:digital ramps

no man that guy just said the cards were cheap rn because they were giving out chests (KEK)

I meant some guy with a beard who was streaming before him.

>try to run the game
>game closes done when it finishes loading

What did Hi-Rez mean by this? I can't get my daily login FUCK!

>I meant some guy with a beard who was streaming before him.

Sounds like IHOLDSHIFT then.

>Haven't played since Shah Lin release (didn't play him) because I started messing with other games
>Roll back on in
>All of these new changes
This is kind of overwhelming desu. The new characters after Sha Lin seem fun though after messing with them in the firing range, especially Torvald and Maeve.

>spend the entire match fighting a Dal'Mamba/Thorval combo on my own around the objective as Ying
>Only other guy doing his job is this Victor who's whacking their flankers
>The rest of my team is just dicking around wherever
Sure seems like a huge influx of new players.

Restart steam

Is there a steam group or something?
I want to group up with anons. (I'm EU)

Isn't it JUST Torvald and Maeve, unless I'm forgetting someone?

Tyra, the Dakka Queen.

Has any else noticed a huge increase in XP received? It seems like I'm getting 70k even for a loss whereas in OB43 that would be like 30k XP

double everything event

All I ask is to get decent teammates, Why is that so hard?

>Balance
I just wish hirez could get one fucking thing right.

Fucking hell, guys.
You're really serious about not joining /palg/ until this gets fixed?
It might take a week, or worse, a month. You know Hi-rez.

chests fixed yet?

It also might last forever. What a pity.

where are my chest though?

i just wanna open my treasures

Does anyone besides Cassie and Sha Lin have good legendaries are their defaults?

Pip, Fernando, Viktor, and Makoa
Pip's mega potion is boss

So I'm new to this game and I've been opening chests but every other chest gives me a blank card, whats going on?

Don't open your chests, everything is bugged as fuck right now. Wait till they fix their shit

>Makoa
>10% more damage than old Makoa
I just don't know, man.

>10%
>hes now 110% awesome

youtube.com/watch?v=W32Bs4mRuts

What did they mean by this?

Same here
I logged in today expecting them, but still nada
This is starting to piss me off

This is coming from a mid level player that enjoys the gameplay of Paladins. Everything else surrounding the game is fucked up.
It's kinda ironic I'm perfectly willing to drop ~30 bucks on this game but I'm just not sold since you have no idea what you'd be buying due to RNG jewing.
Might drop 30 bucks and get nothing but shit in return. Even the founders pack offers nothing of value really.
And who would ever buy temporary boosters with real money? It's dumb enough to buy skins for games but at least that's something permanent.

How the fuck did you even lose that game? Tyra on the other team must have carried hard.

How did they botch the patch so hard

Yeah lmao especially coming from Dota 2 where you can grab a way better skin for 2€ granted that's ridiculously good value but still 20€ for what Hi-Rez are offering is just way too much

just turned 175k gold (70 radiant chests) in 81k Essence, 3 Legendary cards and a lot of MVP poses, emotes, sprays and unneeded cards.

175kG -> 81kE + 3 cards seems ok to me

i'm not a fan of getting' legendary cards as drops, i would prefer a ton more essence so i can chose which cards i want to spend it on

but it's not as bad as you faggots were screaming here

the new PvE is shit easy tough

also - fuck you low-rez for changing default loadouts and locking those cards

share my clickbait

now imagin being a new player without gold saved up from 30 hours playtime

Any bugged chests? I'm reluctant to open my treasures while game is fucked but I'm simultaneously growing impatient

>smosh
Can't believe they still exist
I used to love those guys

I love this game but the matchmaking makes me fucking furious sometimes

oh I've opened 9 already wish I've known that sooner, oh well thanks for the heads up user

yes I've opened about 30 and saved 50 for later. Apparently Drybear will reimburse those who got duplicate cards that didn't turn to essence

How about allowing players making training-mode-only (and for custom games that allow this as well) decks, where all cards (and legendaries) are unlocked?

Wouldn't this be new player friendly?

I'm more worried about the phantom empty cards people have been posting screenshots of a lot in here what the fuck is up with that

Sometimes the tables are turned but steamrolling one way or the other isn't much fun.

>their first theme song parodies were uploaded 11 years ago

Time sure goes depressingly fast in retrospect

Lmao jesus christ the scores on the enemy team, that must've been hell for them.

What if the chests expire and they take it away from you?

Their Buck, Grohk and Makoa just kept flinging themselves at me while Drogoz was high up in the air shooting rockets at me I saw coming a mile away. Grohk and Makoa at least ran away when low on HP but Buck didn't give a fuck.
I just danced the entire match around the objective. I saw their Maeve flailing around the flanks like a retard once in a while.
At least I had a few laughs.

Pic related was more balanced, despite the other team scoring low too. Not because they we're that bad but because that Fernando was top tier. He actively protected me every step of the way so I could heal the team up without having to fall back from being pressured.
In the end he even bumrushed into the freshly respawned enemy team so I could push the cart over the edge.

Paladins can be so much fun even if there are just two people working in tandem in a team.

>how did you lose that game
Because I had shitty teammates,

CAN THEY FIX THE FUCKING CHESTS ALREADY SO I CAN PLAY THIS SHIT GAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

no, got 4 out of every chest, all essence was ok

but i did have a lot of cards unlocked before opening chests, so.. .

>Evie looking at the essence cost of legendaries.jpg

Fucking Maeve nerfs when? What a broken piece of garbage