Satellite radio subscription

Who here is subscribed to XM? I am on a free trial that's about to expire. I like it and want to keep it but everytime they talk to me the prices are different. What do you guys pay and how long of terms?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=THV68FC2YTc
youtube.com/watch?v=O7zGFZNinsk
youtube.com/watch?v=BQa9AidGVlY
youtube.com/watch?v=92dJFs0fgq8
youtube.com/watch?v=xBGq-nvOVrc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not sure about price, but I too would love to have satellite radio in my car.

FM is fucking GARBAGE
>rock stations that consist of played-out 90's buttrock and pretentious hipster horseshit
>hiphop/dance stations that spam Rihanna, Maroon 5, and Chainsmokers
>Sports talk radio where blowhard pseudo-experts sit around and speculate about pointless nonsense

What does a guy gotta do to get a dedicated heavy metal channel? Maybe some comedy stuff??

Call in and mention how you have subscription for wife's son and how you plan on canceling because you don't even use it. Guaranteed lower price

im on a trail as well right now and im honestly not that big of a fan. I prefer spotify since i can choose exactly what i want to listen to.

especially not for the price they quoted me which i think was 50$ for 6 months

BAD
>lol going out every time you go under a overpass or in a tunnel
>90% of the stations are garbage
>you could just plug in your phone
>Howard Stern
>XM = gubbment tracking you at all times
>dat price per month!

good
>radio mostly anywhere
>mostly commercial free

Just pay for spotify or something and have a play list/audio book DL to your phone for out of coverage times.

>glorious DAB+ master race

I had it, but its honestly cheaper to just use data on my phone to stream whatever I need.

99$ for 12months is the best deal so far imo.
Call and ask for that plan, if they don't provide, hang up and try again in another hour or so.
Shade 45 is p goat.
I just mix it up with eurobeat cds and satellite.
FM is pure trash.

>What does a guy gotta do to get a dedicated heavy metal channel?

Grow up.

>Howard Stern
Was always more of an O&A guy myself. Anthony got fired couple years back though haha

Ozzy's boneyard on XM is pretty good but they don't always play good stuff it's a lot better than any station on FM though

The best generally available deal, at least on Sirius receivers (I know it's one company now) is 5 months for $25. Just say you'd like to keep the service but it's too expensive until they acquiesce.

So grow up and... listen to the soundtrack from some anime faggotry? Let me know what adult music is.

Put that 15 bucks a month towards more data on your phone bill and use Pandora or something like that

>not listening to eurobeat

normies get out

Jazz.

correction, $25 for six months.

$99/twelve months ($50 for hosed) is overpaying by more than double what you can get on the lowest end.

Who the fuck cares about radio, use your aux.

It sounds like fucking DDR music. Don't get the appeal.

Anime and heavy metal go in together with your image of "adult music". I'm probably being baited.

>Not using bluetooth so you can use your steering wheel controls

pleb

I sat for a good two minutes, wondering what the fuck was the correlation between eurobeat and the music produced in the Deutsche Demokratische Republik, aka East-Germany

>Who the fuck cares about radio, use your aux.
there are circumstances where it's useful, but it's really not a needed luxury. the traffic channel in new york city saves my bacon once or twice a month (waze is generally great but every once in a while it's slow to pick up on the initial formation of traffic/clearing of existing traffic), but in most major metropolitan areas they eliminated traffic at the beginning of this year or consolidated into other channels. it can be useful for curated music discovery.

The bitrate is pretty piss poor by the nature of the tech and backwards compat with older receivers making it kind of shit for fidelity in music.

If I didn't get it for $5/mo I wouldn't have a Sirius sub, that's for sure. and without the utility of the traffic info I wouldn't either.

bluetooth wins for this reason. USB is less prone to interference and still steering wheel controls but compatibility/charging rate while using phone as GPS on many radios not enough power is supplied

Well I do, but considering 85% of Veeky Forums drives 90s econoboxes I wanted to be a bit more inclusive

if you have a nineties shitbox you're either rocking a tape adapter, an FM adapter, or you've replaced the stock radio in which case it'll probably have bluetooth too

they only started with aux inputs largely in the mid-2000s as MP3 players replaced CD players in popularity

I fuckin miss O&A.
Opie is a cuck.
Honestly, for the times I have heard sat radio, I still find the main 70s-90s stations too repetitive. They still play radio edits, they still censor certain songs. Its fuckin 2017, FM/AM radio should be ripped out of cars its old tec anyway. Who needs it? Stream shit or run an mp3 player.

My image? I never tried to define adult music. You, or some other guy, was trying to say I'm a child for enjoying metal.

Local radio BLOWS, if you ever heard Opie and Anthony's Jocktober bits you'll know why.

>War of the roses
>6000 fugitive
>terrible on air hosts
>awful local news stories
>prep burger
>fake callers and contests

Radio is garbage. And while I admire Stern for what he did, he should have retired the dude is fuckin out of touch and the show has sucked humor wise since Artie got canned.

Listen this the first ten minutes of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=THV68FC2YTc

>Opie is a cuck
He's a sensitive cuck. He got triggered last time Nick DiPaolo was on so I think he's banned now. Beware of Greggshells.

I take a part of that back, some local college stations that play alternative rock are ok. Bumbling DJs tho

If you go back and listen to old o&a you can really pick up on the greggshells. His new show only works if he is surrounded by comedic talent. He sucks on his own. Sherrod and Disfenino stink.

Fuck old school radio Ive heard songs already under 3 minutes album wise STILL get radio edits so they can cram in more ads. FUCK EM

Mark Normond and Distefino just went on Jim & Sam show. Hope they got a permission slip from Gregg Hughes.

Used to have Sirius/XM, stopped because the music stations all sucked, even in the genres I like, and the talk stations are full of ads - which weren't ever supposed to appear on the platform when I started subscribing years ago.

>the show has sucked humor wise since Artie got canned.

Entirely accurate. Can't stand listening to bits that are just Howard and Robin talking about shit anymore. You can't run a radio show with just holes, Howard (he is one).

Artie recently got arrested again for cocaine and heroin. Fucking mess.

>implying Eurobeat sounds like this
youtube.com/watch?v=O7zGFZNinsk

I jest, but you seriously had my neurons firing for a minute

>I fuckin miss O&A
Go to YouTube and search for Jimmy laugh compilations. Ant is a funny fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=BQa9AidGVlY

I don't mind Normond. I liked Pete Davidson on O&J, one of the few people after Ant left that could get little Jimmy into wheezy laugh mode.

The direction of the show also changed. He got more PC and became what he used to hate. Now he just wants to be Mr. A List celeb interviewer.

If that's true he really is hopeless mess. Its a shame, I find him funny but his health is going to give out on him within the next decade.

>What does a guy gotta do to get a dedicated heavy metal channel?

Don't subscribe to XM, then. Ozzy's Boneyard is okay, but its DJs have no idea what the fuck they're doing - I've heard Iron Maiden followed up by fucking Aerosmith on that station, seems like they just pull stuff out of their ass when deciding what song to play.

The heavier metal station (its name has changed so much I don't even remember what it was called when I cancelled my subscription) plays garbage 99.999% of the time. Like, discount-Five Finger Death Punch style of garbage. Octane or whatever is entirely for 90s alt-buttrock (and not even the good groups), with occasional Metallica thrown in approximately once a month.

He's super quick too...
youtube.com/watch?v=92dJFs0fgq8

Howard hasn't even worked a full week in FOREVER. I don't Robin is even in studio anymore I think she's back out doing it from home. Gary also got cucked by Marci.

XM is garbage. They'll never stop mailing you about it when you cancel. You'll also get phone calls from LaDasha Jefferson reading a script in a monotone voice, and if they hear you say anything negative they'll hang up and call again tomorrow from a different number or a hidden number.

Use spotify/pandora/prime music if you need some sort of streaming music.

Lmao. I miss when they did brutal shit like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=xBGq-nvOVrc

Where we're going we won't need radio.

1st Wave Outlaw country Backspin Alt Nation Deep Tracks Lithium are all my favs

The best part has to be the comedy channels on Unlimited, if you are driving late at night and need to stay awake the comedy channels are great, the more laughs you have the more you release endorphins and the more awake you are Raw Dog Comedy is GOAT.