/ng/ - Nioh General

Sheeeeiiiiiit Edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy (embed)

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12399120/
youtube.com/watch?v=SqTdCP0sCrI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tome best girl

Has anybody been able to trigger the Tome glitch on ng+? Did the NG+ muramasa mission but still nothing.

>just finished nioh
>that empty feeling of depression setting in
I want to play it again bros

tome smells

Reposting.

Running 3kat with Kusa and spear when I get bored or need a fresh approach. What should I get my magic, dex and spirit to when it's not my main focus?

I hate stats, can someone help me figure out a suitable build for 3kat with stats to support other stuff for fun.

It doesn't work bro. You can only do it the first time. Once Muramasa is added to the blacksmith and that dialogue tree is cleared you can't proc it again.

What happened with that burka guy's guardian spirit? Why dont we get her

>tfw you finally get the hang of backwave>tempest
>tfw backwave tempest into iai followed by floorstab

>tfw will never be aesthetic af 3kat edgelord because I'm a red demon shitter

if you don't mind levelling, and I don't know why you would considering the game has no pvp meta, just level to about 200, it basically lets you sit on 3-4 stats at around 40-50

Doesn't even take that long in ng+

Just learned that if you have Fluidity, you don't need to have Spear Stance Chance.
2 points saved?

>will never sniff Tome's musky armpits after a long day at the forge
life isn't worth living

Spirit to high enough for all the passives of whatever guardian you plan to use.

20 Magic/Nin is usually safe for instant cast, but if you're not using Nin much at all it doesn't really matter, same goes for Onmyo.

Fuck, oh well, already got 40 unused points anyways, how much do you need to spend to max it out?

strawpoll.me/12399120/

do you get a higher chance at + weapons the more divine fragments you use?

Why does Hanzo's set do? Haven't seen it yet.

Because he's a boy, is a spirit of death, follows the righteous, and William already has the spirit of freedom and is freed from the cycle of life and death.

because william doesn't understand righteousness
yoshitsugu says so as he's dying

you don't get someone's spirit unless it's given to you

>what is refashioning??????????????

Go to set for unlimited ninjutsu.

>Its a boy
Fuck

Can't refashion to a different weapon type

how do you refresh revenants?

I use ninjutsu and onmyo. At least to a point of like...basics. Shuriken, Makibishi, quick change, power pills etc. And sloth, carnage, elemental shit for bosses, etc.

They just aren't my focus, I like using them though

for katana builds what stat should I mostly I invest in?

I just started but all I know is to put points into Heart. Should I also invest in either Strength and/or Skill? What's an off-weapon that will benefit a Katana? I was thinking Spears or Sickle for range.

How about some Ninjitsu or Omyo skills. I just put points in Sneak (backstab attack)

Thanks in advanced.

Does disassembling and selling stuff to Tome get me patronage points?

OI FOIGHT FER THEM

how did william get ouroboros, he killed it with kelley when it tried to attack him

you can respec and use a real weapon instead of cheese spear

you don't

no, only spending money

>want to use the full Oda set
>equipping the last piece puts my stamina in yellow
Fucks sake.
I would need to level my stamina up to 34 just to get it back to green.

If you don't think you would need instant cast on them, then don't bother raising them above 10ish.

Nioh can be played like Tekken, apparently
youtube.com/watch?v=SqTdCP0sCrI

I usually use a spear with my 1kat.

Onmyo buffs are also very useful.

Go with it and play the game, pick up what you want, if you somehow end up doing piddling damage and have good gear, come back and ask.

POST WILLIAM

THIS ONE IS A PIRATE.

What is the best way to go about farming/forging a good 1kat to hold me over until I can forge lvl 320 gear? I'm on region 4 ng+

stats aren't as important as base damage on the weapon, they only make any remotely worthwhile difference during the beginning

heart for 1kat, skill for 2kat, run whatever you want as an off-weapon it don't matter

essential onmyo is carnage and weakness, sloth is for shitters but you know you'll spec it anyway, everyone does

most of all, remember:
>BUILDS DON'T MATTER UNLIKE SOULS
at least until you get to NG+

I don't even use the spear, just have it equipped for the ki recovery bonus

Power pills don't stack with carnage.
Check your points, maybe you can get shuriken, makibishi and quick change with minimum stat investment. Or none at all.
I manage to use 3 stacks of shuriken and 3 of blinding shells without any points spent.
Makibishi is very cheap, so maybe you can fit something along with it.

Onmyo goes by the same logic, but has a lot of cool and powerful stuff, while also being more expensive.
I use 12 points in magic, to get 2 stacks of kekkai, elemental talisman, guardian talisman and carnage.
I could get 3-5 more points in to get sloth, but I don't really think its needed.

what's the best mission for gold

Instant cast?

Sounds helpful for sure if I could shoot off my fire tiger instantly without the short lag to cast among other things.

>every last revenant is wearing red demon
christ

I wonder how people feel when they summon my revenant to farm divines and get divine youngblood instead

probably completely indifferent, why would anyone care

both Ninjutsu and Onmyo have a "cast instantly" mystic art that lets them skip the windup phase (i.e. the tags for Onmyo)

I've noticed that, and got annoyed with it before I realized that refashioned gears does not appear only the base.

I look retarded with all my mix matched bullshit

man i thought i was bad at this game but it seems 99% of summoners are eve worse and constantly die to the most random shit.

Near the end of NG you unlock ninjutsu/onmyo mystic arts, both of which include instant cast abilities (self buffs), or the choice of extended buff times (onmyo) or higher projectile damage (ninjutsu).

is an example of the ninjutsu projectile mystic art since you can't hit that high on Kunai without it.

I hope they increase the Ninjustu and Onmyo capacity for DLC. 40 is too low.

I liked using the spear, especially low stance with the wide sweeping attack

So don't worry about stats until NG. Got it thanks.

also another question. Does those counter skills work on yokai or only humanoid enemies? Can I use those counter skills on Yoki? If it does work on those, I have to get my timing right.

Spear parry doesn't work on skeletons but most sword parries do. Can't parry anything else.

I felt the same way when some guy friended me after I helped him out with the gift for muneshige side mission and rode my dick constantly for being "amazing at the game"

I'm genuinely just your average 1kat shitter who can play the game just about competently

>So don't worry about stats until NG
I mean obviously there's going to be some minimum requirements you're going to want to meet for equipment and dojo missions, but other than that they're of minimal importance

also, remember you can buy books of reincarnation from the blacksmith and respec any time you want

Oh. They don't stack. That's good to know.

My most average (the one I currently have) is something like: paralyze shuriken I and II, makibishi II, quick change then spirit summon II, carnage II, and sloth II...with the last slot being kunai or some wildcard to try new shit. My dex is at 15 for the veteran shit and magic stayed at 10 while spirit went to 15 for Fire Tiger.

Something just feels off. Should I take points out of the health stat and split it with skill and heart for 3kat? I have like 15 body and 20 heart and skill. Everything not specificlly mentioned is 10.

do you have a full set of 320+10 weapons and armour?

are they going to add new twilight missions?

In the dlc most likely.

Highest mission is still 320.

Do a full armor or full ninja build and have fun. Been a week since NG+ and still enjoying it.

Jesus does book of reincarnation have a cap? Costs 300k for one at this point. I have like 7 saved up and can buy them with glory still, but wow Tome is a jew slut

This. Doing more Ninjutsu tech than full Ninja and it's still a ton of fun.

-

Worst Enemy and Best Enemy - both design and combat wise?

She's a Muramasa, user. Your gear is literally being forged by a family of demon consorts, of course they're going to fleece you for all you've got over time. You don't notice it's happening until it's too late.

If you wanna do the training missions, get 20 in both.
You'll need

delet

Don't worry about it that much unless you're in NG+ already. In general you will want to level body, heart, and skill to like 30-40 once you get the chance. Don't feel like you need it immediately. I autistically plan out how much dex and magic I need for certain things I want, but it's not necessary. If you use kusarigama you'll want like 30 dex eventually, but really just level until you feel you are content with what tools are available. I went 11/12. Get base spirit for your guardian bonuses.

How do you tell when Muneshige is just about to unleash normal iai, long one or tiger sprint?
I often fuck up when trying to figure out which is which.

you pay for quality and you pay for your mistakes

if you need to respec, then you're the demand, and she's the supply

Shuriken or Kunai?

>you will want to level body
LAFFIN

>Farm out the Yatagarasu set
>Auto-aim's shit
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE POINT OF ALL THIS

Shuriken costs less, takes less space.
Kunai does more damage(doesn't mater unless you're building dex) and ki damage.

Kunai's ki damage is incredible, but it's kinda expensive if you have 5(or minimum) dexterity

Both. Seriously, having 14 Shurikens isn't as good as having 7 Shuri and 7 Kunai; shit's strong.

My willy.

infinite ammo

Summoned to Azuchi castle and nigga doesn't know how Orochi works. Least got glory from this.

He said he uses spear. Fuck off autist.

My willy is heavy

at 2 piece it gives honestly the most broken bonus in the game, restores ninjitsu on LW

combine with quickchange scrolls for infinite casts of last chance

>tfw both Orochi and Skelly are the most badass lore-wise end up being the easiest due to their gimmicks

Should I respec and pump heart and skill to 25+ for 3kat then go from there or keep them at 18 each with more points in str and body?

I can't fucking decide. My stats are all over the place beacuse this far I have justuff been doing whatever willy nilly.

I'm level 72 at Futamata.

user who made poll last thread
strawpoll.me/12399120/
I just made this.

Similar thing happened to me
>Get summoned
>Go up to door after Mr Handsome
>"Cool, guess we're doing Kelley"
>Nope, Orochi
>Dude throws nothing but stones at the thing
>Doesn't even try to dodge any of the projectiles
>I try to motion that you can hit the body and that you don't hit the head
>Still sperging out
>Two heads pops up
>He literally runs into the Amrita Crystal gap
>Opens his menu, Kills himself
>"Wut"
>Asking what the fuck is up in messages
>Basically responds with "We didn't kill him fast enough so his head split in two when he went bellow the map."

I couldn't believe that such autism made it that far.

Ginchyo is best gril.

I feel like A agility is a meme.
I have pretty good armor I feel like while still A, but I'm still getting fucked in 2 or 3 hits on way of the strong. Just beat the Hino Enma mission on twilight (200 level). I'm level 123. My weapons are now +3.
I'm enjoying this more than late game because it feels kinda more challenging. But should I just bow to the Kingo god?

yeah and it was pretty obnoxious to obtain, kinda killed my drive for a bit but I feel the urge again. Just not that interesting to sit in a menu and hit x for 2 hours tho

I should fuck with ninjutsu more as I only levelled it to do the dojo mission

after running a few tori gates this seems to represent the average intelligence level of summoners.

honestly spec is more important than armor in NG+ (and of course weapon dominates them both). i did most of NG+ with C agility in the fucking greater good set

you don't have to carnage or sloth cheese everything but if you're just carrying enough stuff like quickchange scrolls, poison gas, guardian talismans and weapon buffs to inflict discord you can force your way through anything in NG+

A NIGGA NEED GOLD

sell divines

>Critical build
>Host's face when watching me take damage to activate it

>"We didn't kill him fast enough so his head split in two when he went bellow the map."
I really hope this is fake for humanity's sake.

The fact that you have to farm for set blacksmith texts is fucking bullshit. Even if you wanted to switch from using the Red Demon, you can't because it takes 200+ runs to get another other set.

Yeah, I just finished for today and got summoned to the Ishida mission.
>get summoned at the shrine near the big bridge, just before the forest full of bandits
>greet summoner, both start running on the bridge
>he hasn't drawn the Tengu out of the Yokai cloud yet
>great, Tengu on a bridge plus all them cutscenes IF we get to the end
>pull out sword to fight Tengu as it's come out the cloud now
>"Invoker whatever has died"
>wat
>see his name disappearing below me, somehow he fell off the bridge
That bridge is literally a straight line, how the fuck.

Looks like I'm going to farm Hanzo's ass now. If I don't get a smithing text in 2 hours I'll go harakiri myself.

With all the coop I've done my favorite is still people dodging into Umi's waters. Especially on 2nd phase.

there's a hole in that bridge if i recall.

Can I even get Change Attack to Dex on my sickle?

or just kill the boss and use the set pieces they drop. you'll get a full divine + set in a few runs at most. and the only things that effect rolls matter on is weapons

I put off the final mission cause I thought ng+ would start me at the beginning. Now I feel stupid

Can someone tell me if they have kitsune or kyubi's in this?

I don't wanna get my hopes up.....

What is the actual button input to trigger tempest?

you are

no you furry fuck