/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Sheikiah Shitposting Edition.

ATTENTION: Spoilers will start rolling in from now on, so be careful.

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS6MO77/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
nintendoeverything.com/amazon-cancelling-some-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-master-edition-pre-orders/
youtu.be/O6w536jv1g8?t=16m40s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I WANT TO FUCK FI

(Reposting from last thread)

Something interesting to note!

Following the trend set by Medli, Revali's name ALSO has a somewhat musical origin

Revali/Reveille(pronounced rev-ull-ee) is a type of trumpet call used in the military to wake up personnel

So in Breath of the Wild, Revali's name continues the trend of 'awakening' we have seen so far

Don't we all?

Discuss

Real spoilers?

Pretty good fakes?

Other than the 3 skins, what else is an easter egg?

Would the shield from the previous Zelda shown here mean it's a confirmation of the timeline or is it just another easter egg?

No, worst Zelda girl by far.

Dawn of The 8th Day
-190 Hours Remain-

I still need to rearrange the shields on that, I could have organized it better initially but I got lazy

we also have this, and there is so much and it is remarkably on point and consistent that it is almost certainly real

those are real, but the tripfag has been gone since he posted those two outfits with all dyes.

he was someone who got the game somewhere in the us somehow and had no plans of uploading the game or the tik for anyone else and just wanted to tease people with little pieces of info.

hes probably still playing the game right now.

NUT

it's going to be Fashion Souls all over again

is this nintyg?

Yeah probably. Most Zelda fans want the game and it's going to sell well regardless, but I think Nintendo should have swiftly addressed the empty open world concern and shown some evidence to the contrary. What it boils down to is that I think it's arrogant of them to act like they're still the best in the world and everyone agrees so they don't have to actually prove their claims.

So we know that the BotW amiibos give weapons, do you think the game will also have generic amiibo support? unlocking low tier equipment and shit.

sub 200 HOYPE

This week goes by pretty fast so far.
Hopefully I won't break under the Hype next week

I hope the Smash Bros Link does something at least, it's the only one I have. Even just a chest and some food would be nice. The chest is also good to spawn in because that's an object I can sling around with Magnesis as well as blow away with Stasis. I wonder how much damage physics based objects do?

Arrogant? Most definitely.
Whether that'll end up biting them in the ass remains to be seen. In eight days we'll find out one way or the other.

My money's on not though. At least not to the general public. Sure there'll be thread after thread of shitting on it here on Veeky Forums but to the rest of the world? Ninty has a diehard fan base that'll positively eat up whatever BotW turns out to be, flaws or no.

Can I a digital copy of this for my Wii U on launch day?

So did Nintendo not release anything like wallpapers and profile images, or am I just illiterate at the BotW website?

Yup, you will have to wait for the store to update though and Nintendo's server will be swamped, which means waiting till about noon or so, then waiting another hour to be able to access as the store boots you out over and over again and then finally waiting a few hours for the game to download as Nintendo's server is absolute dog shit. Seriously, waited 4 hours for Pokemon X to download when I picked it up shortly after it's release and that was only 1.7gigs. Try downloading a 13 gig game from them on launch day, I dare you.

Please save yourself the grief and pick it up at the store, you won't be playing on launch day otherwise.

Thanks for the advice but to be honest, Im not that excited and I don't really feel like going to the store, so I'll wait it out.

the wait for this game is literally killing me.

So the old lady in the trailer is Impa right

That was my assumption. Only main characters are getting voices.

Download codes show up on amazon.
They're 5€ more expensive than the retail copy.
Switch has 32GB internal memory.
Yeah, as if.

I've been able to test the demo of zelda on switch now and the only thing that "worries" me is the controls. B is sprint while X is jump, makes it really awkward to do basic shit like running around and jumping (at least with joy-cons). Hope you can configure this but Idk how nintendo is with that stuff since it's been a while since I've owned anything from them.

>x is jump
disappointedmarioface.jpg

Hey Zelda fans, it's Commonwealth Realm. Is "fucking rocks" a meme, yet? You know, "fucking rocks." It's a meme yet, right? Riiiight?

And be sure to enter our Nintendo Switch giveaway, which we totally came up with on our own and did NOT decide to copy HMK for.

It's just so funny how hard they try to imitate actual game journalists. Now they've made basically a game review video and it's just over a week until launch! It's like little kids playing newsroom!

their last video was a bit much (botw being the best game of all time), but I like their channel. Their videos are easy to watch and informative. They feed my hype

I honestly like HMK better. Yeah, he's VERY obnoxious, but he looks at information unbiased and despite hype actually tries to give an informative analysis with more contribution than just "this is ah-mazing, ladies and gentlemen." I feel like that stuff's lacking in Commonwealth Realm's content, biased in that they were looking for any reason to say Child Timeline confirmed practically since E3 I feel, and unanalytical since they just repeat the information from the source with added fluff ("spectacular" "most immersive yet" ect.) 90% of the time, almost symbolized in how instead of cobbling all the current BotW trailers together for a unique intro they've just diced up the most recent one to put to their intro music each time. Like I touched on before, I just feel like they're trying to imitate professional journalism but are just falling short and it comes off as a comical parody to me.

HMK has surprisingly grown on me during the past few months. I've gone from hating him to kinda liking him.

We can both agree that Gameover Jesse is trash though, right? I mean, at least a third of his video titles/thumbnails are clickbait, pure and simple.

So what's this about massive story spoilers being out. I'd watch Jesse's video but his presentation seems to be worsening

>50 minutes to embargo lifts

COUNTDOWN user GOT A 94 ON HIS EXAM

THESE 8 DAYS ARE GONNA BE SO FUCKIN SMOOTH

I dunno. The first I really heard about massive story spoilers was from the header of Jesse's video, so of course I don't believe they actually exist quite yet.

Congratulations to Countdown user.

You're a finer student than I

On games as well or just the console

AMAZON NEVER CANCELS, THEY TOLD ME.

rip

I dare to say this is Nintendo's fault.
They promised more than they could deliver.

>not even giving a normal edition option

My deepest condolences.
After hearing this earlier, I'm glad I only preordered the special edition by mistake.

I can't even find the normal edition on their site anymore.

I don't want to sound like an ass, but what's the point of the special edition?
My main reason for getting this was the sword.

Looks like I dodged the bullet... for now. The friend I was going to give this one to got a special edition so all he's missing out on is the statue. The 2nd order ghosted last week so I'm only surprised it took this long for Amazon to email me about it. One Master Edition is still there.

I think they may have spared me from losing both because the confirmation email for the MEs was paired with my Switch preorder.

I'm really sorry, user; that blows.

this is making me nervous. I pre-ordered the Wii U standard edition on Amazon and now I'm scared it might be cancelled. Right now it looks like it's only special and master editions, but still.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS6MO77/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

You're shit out of luck

the zelda preview embargo is up tomorrow, this is just the switch preview

So the Master Editions were apparently stolen. What does / LOZG/think of this?
nintendoeverything.com/amazon-cancelling-some-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-master-edition-pre-orders/

The case, at least, but I wanted the sword, too. Thing was, Amazon posted the Special Edition with the sword pic and I ordered before I even knew there WAS a Special Edition without the sword.

See above and know why I wholly place the blame on Amazon. Nintendo gave them a limit, Amazon probably oversold hoping people would cancel (after in-store preorders) or that they could coerce more out of Nintendo and have been sitting on their thumbs until now trying to decide what to do.

I thought the embargo for the games was March 1, or is that only for reviews?

game previews is the 24th

Special AND Master Editions? I've only read Master Editions so far.

>wake up
>still no spoilers

Come the fuck on

i thought i read a special edition got cancelled, but maybe i was wrong

>wake up
>still over a week away

NOOOOO

>8 days until release

OH BOI

How early does Amazon usually ship out stuff on release days?

they're shipping mine out the day before 1 day delivery

1 day before release over here.
In some rare cases 2 days and I get it early.

My money is on one of their skeevy ass 3rd party distributors.

retailer where I live ship out 2 days before, so I might have mine at march 2nd, but I wont risk connecting it online anyway

the internet says its leaked since yesterday and its nowhere to find. are you kidding me, even on 4c its still these pics of apparently mined skins. wtf is happening with my internet. why is there still no spoiler bot why is there no stream or stuff

My order got upgraded to Expedited Delivery on Amazon. Noice.

As far as I'm aware, the ISO was leaked but is encrypted. That's where the datamine came from.

>My order got upgraded to Expedited Delivery on Amazon. Noice.

How do I check that?

>The biggest current issue with the Switch is one of basic reliability. Over the course of my time with Breath of the Wild, I’ve had repeated problems with the left Joy-Con controller partially or even completely losing sync from the Switch console while docked and connected to my television. This is a pain in the ass at best, but has also resulted in several deaths playing Breath of the Wild.

just fuck my hype up

>not playing with a pro controller

Wii U master race

Because one unit is defective?

>Implying I can buy one now
They're all gone, as well as the official case/screen protector combo

almost every single preview that's up is reporting the same.

youtu.be/O6w536jv1g8?t=16m40s

^that's what happens.

>almost
Wew

are you getting paid per post to defend defective hardware from nintendo or is it a monthly thing?

looks like I made a great decision to buy the Switch Christmas time if they have bundles for Spla2n or Mario Odyssey

It's time, get ready for spoilers.

>that one with the castle
Thought it was anor londo for a second
Damn

if the screens with the minimap are dungeons, thats 2 dungeons already, and they only have 3 hearts

Most of them could be just hyrule castle though since you can go straight there at the beginning

why are all these spoilers so tame?

I want to feel some real fear of the game being ruined when I crack them open but all I feel is hungry for more

>tfw not buying a Switch for several months
>my Netflix/Youtube box will finally have one final use outside of that for the first time in nine months

will buy Bomberman to support the series though if people have good things to say about the new one

>people having issues with Switch's connection
*Hugs Wii U*

Welcome to the world of controlled spoilers, where a company purposely releases harmless spoilers pretending to be someone else.

It's a 3D map

breh I'm actually thinking of canceling the switch pre-order and just borrow a wii u from a friend to play zelda now.

so far the reports of possible defective hardware and missing features like bluetooth is scaring me.

>Those screencap sizes

What little details I could make out look neat though.
Looks like instead of varying degrees angular, skinny ass Great Fairies, we'll be getting varying degrees of T H I C C, big mama Great Fairies.

My dick's pretty okay with this new change

Don't forget if you want to use it as a portable you won't be able to use online with hotspots due to no internet browser.

that one is not correct tho, day 1 update includes an app for sign-in purposes

Ysee, the thing is, the fact that it's ONLY the left joycon when you disconnect it, screams software issue.

It's probably just a software issue an update can solve in a whim.
Still, I always prefer not buying consoles day one exactly for these reasons.

damn I didnt realize how fucking small the joy-con buttons are

really considering getting a pro-controller now, but it's so fucking expensive

>tfw not buying a Switch for several months
>will buy Bomberman to support the series though
Literally me. Same with Puyo Puyo Tetris.

My dick is pleased by these great fairy designs so far

>Second from the right, top row
Some kind of Forest Dragon looks like. Kinda similar to that Volvagia lookalike that popped up a couple days ago.

Perhaps there'll be a Water Dragon as well? A Desert Dragon?
Maybe we're getting a repeat of TP where there's Guardian Spirit types that reign over specific areas of Hyrule.
Hopefully without the repetitive tear collecting parts this time.

Uuuugh giantess fetishists be coming

Post yfw giantess zelda happens.

Same user here

I've managed to get to about 271 dollars in cash. Still considering going to Toys R Us on opening day and just gunning it for the videogame section to grab a switch. Gamestop just officially announced that they would have a few switch consoles available outside of the preorder group during the midnight release.

I might try for the midnight release. If I'm lucky I'll have the switch fully paid off with trade the help of trade in credit.

If I'm unlucky and don't get it, I'll just continue with my Toys R Us plan and have to drop about 47 dollars.

What do yall think? Is game stop worth a shot?

with the previews today, I would be very surprised if you can not get a unit on launch. with rumours of defective joy-cons and a very barebone OS, I'm guessing there will be less fighting to get one next week.

show up an hour or so before they open if you REALLY want to be sure.

Gamestop's confirmed to have a small amount of Switches outside of preorders as well. First come first serve.

So either you camp out at Toys R Us or Gamestop, your choice user. You're likely to run into the same type of crowd at either.

How does Toys R US do theirs? Do they hand out tickets or do you just run for the games section when the employees open the doors?

I don't know what to do either.

I've heard they don't take preorders and you just have to get your hands on what you once when doors open.