Well Veeky Forums, I just almost died using these fucking pieces of shit...

Well Veeky Forums, I just almost died using these fucking pieces of shit. I drive up onto them and then start jacking up the back so I can put in jack stands and the entire car rolls right off into me. The only thing that saved my life was the fact that it's a twink 2000lb car that I can man handle pretty well.

(you)

Well yeah no shit when you lift the the only axle with a parking brake off the ground of course the car will roll

What the fuck did you think would happen

Should have gone faster and jumped onto the Jack stands. That's what ramps are for

>jacking up a car while it's on ramps
good thing your retard strength saved you

USE WOOD

DO NOT USE CHINESE PLASTIC

What about steel? HF has these USA made Steel ramps

>he rolls up ramps and pulls the e-brake that keeps the car in place by locking the rear wheels

>he then jacks up the rear, lifting the wheels that kept the car in place and wonders why the turd runs him over

snickered heartily / 10

what a shame, you could have won the darwin award.

>puts cars on ramps
>jacks the rear up
>car rolls backwards
>no mention of the ramps actually failing in any way
>WAAAAA STUPID RAMPS ALMOST KILLED ME

I can name at least 3 reasons why the car rolled back and none are the ramps' fault

so, you forgot to rip the e-brake?

You're just as dumb as OP.

So what is the correct way to jack up a car then? Wouldn't you have the same results if you used jack stands? I imagine the only difference is that the lateral resistance provided by the jackstand *might* prevent the car from rolling off of them but no matter how you do it, the car is going to be angled much higher at a certain point causing it to roll

>novelty concept, back onto the ramps

Dont be a faggot and just use jack stands and a jack like everyone else.
If you jack the front first and put it on to stands the car cant roll anymore cause the tires are in the air and not on a fucking ramp you dipshit.

No the car will never roll if you use Jack and Jack stands unless you want to raise it to a stupid height.

If you are using a normal floor jack, you may have noticed that the jacking part goes both up and backwards, this is normally not a problem because most of the times you are jacking from the side and the jack simply rolls forward. When you jack from the front or the back with a floor jack, you have to make sure the car is in gear and with the handbrake pulled or the car will move slightly in your direction because the jack is pulling it.

What happened is that you jacked the rear without leaving the car in P or in gear, the jack started pulling, the car moved backwards (because the front wheels were free to move) just enough start going down the ramp and you almost died.
It:s that or you simply parked the car like an ass and as soon as the wheels with the handbrake left the ground, the whole car came back at you because it wasn't properly parked.

None of this is the fault of the ramps

Reverse onto the ramps and jack up the front of the car.

Jesus, you were being fucking dumb. Look up the proper way to use ramps BEFORE you use them.

Good idea but I think I'm done with these ramps. They are clearly dangerous. I'm going to return them and write a letter to politicians asking for legislation to have these banned. What a stupid design

Those ramps are really only good for lifting either the front OR the rear of the car. If you're lifting the whole car, it's better to jack the front, install stands and then jack the rear.

>They are clearly dangerous. I'm going to return them and write a letter to politicians asking for legislation to have these banned. What a stupid design

No, that is how you use these ramps.

why?

>not using race ramps just to get onto a lift/trailer with a lowered car
Using them for anything other than extending ramps is retarded and you deserve to be crushed.

>not getting 4 buddies to deadlift the car into the air so you can work on it

I'm losing my shit after watching that gif WTF haha

>religion

buy some better ramps you fucking mongoloid, even fucking autozone has ones that don't allow the tires to roll back because there's a dip that stops the car. Also how the fuck did it roll onto you at all if you're jacking it up. Aren't people who are mentally handicapped supposed to have Carers?

What in the fuck happens in this gif... Knocks her down as a prank then he gets a seizure?

He's the master guy, he was trying to demonstrate to her that she is supposed to be using the force or something similar to stop him, he fucks up and runs into her, feigns seizure as if she hurt him more.

i jacked it up onto the ramps

>Drive car onto ramps
>Physics have now been disabled
>Proceed as desired

seeing as we are having a discussion of car jacks/ramps, can you anons recommend me a great set? The heaviest car in my family is at 3675 (80s Lincoln) and I do not want cheap junk, especially with my safety on the line

>asking for honest opinions in a bait thread

Pretty much any stands will be fine. And just about any floor jack will be fine. I use a lift for most things at the shop, but have a cheap Harbor Freight floor jack for small shit. It's about 6 years old and never failed me. You don't work on it with the jack holding it up, so even if hte jack fails, it will just lower the car back to the ground. Jack up > put stands > keep jack under it as a secondary safety > dont shake the fuck out of the car

Or buy a lift. They cost like $2k new or like $1k used. You can install it in a few hours with a friend at home.

>Good idea but I think I'm done with these ramps.
>write a letter to politicians
Please don't make the politicos think yet another car complaint is from a crank. It increases the chance they disregard the legit complaints.

Your parking brake is not a universal idea that once you set the brake, the car will magically never move. The parking brake works only on the rear wheel brakes; it doesn't set the front wheel brakes. You then jacked up the rear wheels so the tires were no longer touching the ground. Brakes don't work if the tires are not touching the ground.

wew lad

thanks bud appreciate it

>rolls right off
So what you are saying is you are too new to automotive maintenance that you didn't use the hand brake or tire-stops while attempting to lift it up?

Pic very much related!

>?

That's not a triangle thing, that's a black thing with a ring thing
Get your facts straight you fucking tripfag

>!
Take your own image's advice, redditor.