American """Engineering"""

>American """Engineering"""

Other urls found in this thread:

bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-ford-bronco/
youtube.com/watch?v=uHbNuyubhz0&t=115s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you sure showed us yurotrash, excellent thread

This image is why Subaru guys laugh at other 4WD / AWD owners who think they have the same or better

>Subaru guys laugh
>at anything

Lmao must be pretty funny to have your headgasket fail every 50k miles, removing the whole engine to replace said headgasket must also be the funniest thing ever. LOL. Then having your transmission made out of glass must be absolutely hilarious.

Those Subaru guys sure showed everyone else guys

How will anyone else ever recover??

>be family of Subaru drivers
>never have too many problems
>only ever killed subies in wrecks
>no one ever hurt in a wreck
>pass DUDE LIFTED 4X4 in the snow all day long
>get btfo by le green frog man on Indonesian towel folding board

Time to commit Sudoku I guess

>Time to commit Sudoku I guess
please provide live stream link

OP what car is that?
That's a funky design though. Cattywampus ass rear diff with a driveshift through the control arm with god how many sway bars and links.

>subaru

Hydro Dynamic Weight Reduction TM

>gotem.jpg.gif.tzar.mp4.rar.7zip.webm

>The Mighty Subaru

It looks broken.
Is it broken?

Show me the stock subie that can jump curbs at 35 mph all day and not be completely fucked

Twin Traction Beam Suspension on the Ford Bronco (and others).

bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-ford-bronco/

Only real issue with Ford's ttb is how you can't lift it very much, and bushings go bad

this. could roll over an AP landmine with that shit

>running low on gas
>have to pull engine to re-fuel

Is this an engine for ants?

Oh wait, it is

>9kb
I fucking hate you.

HAHA

2 FUCKING CYLINDERS

FUCKING SUBAKEKS DRIVING AROUND WITH BIKE ENGINES

HAHAHAHAHAHA

OP was about drivetrain design. Y'all moved the goalposts to ground clearance the moment I said "Subaru." You lose the conversation because you had to make it about something else just to make an argument.

Also, I own a Mazda.

Q.E.D.

kill yourself, drug addict

yeah and evo drivers laugh at subie vape-cucks who think symmetrical awd > actual torque vectoring awd

haha jk but not really

found the edgyneer

It's a Ford Twin Traction Beam, and that's the front axle. The design is downright ingenious.

That steering looks like shit

Just got done doing the radius arm and pivot arm bushings. Once you figure out the way this suspension goes together, you'll realize just how elegant the design is. I love it.

And changing the bushings really isn't that bad. Only "special" tool you need is a ball joint press. You can do what I did and rent those from Advance.

>Explains that you've, quite rightly, lost the argument
>"I know what to do!"
kil you are shelf , u faggt
>"Poetry..."

You see, this is why we can't have nice things

This was the bad bushing out of the truck.

>American """Engineering"""

A
FUCKING
LEAF

or, two

Corvette spotted...

I could be wrong but isn't that a flat 4 and there are 2 more cylinders on the other side

>or, two

More like my whole damn family...including my dead gramma...

It also makes pulling the oil pan a gigantic pain in the ass.

That car is in pretty good shape for being at least 60 years old.

which one of you faggots posted this

Assuming there aren't any reliability or maintenance issues.. This is genius. Huge travel without the low center of a solid axle. Not complicated. Good for off roading.

Not sure what the issue was?

Maintenance issue being that the front diff doesn't have a drain. Ford's way of draining it? Tear apart the entire TTB. Which means removing the front shocks, to start with.

Drill and tap a hole in the bottom, problem solved.

>My awd is the best because it's outdated and horribly inefficient!

Subaru drivers actually think this.

An old ford truck with a 9 inch rear, Dana 60 front and divorced np205 with a 460 is about as tough as it gets

Symmetrical 4WD is much better than meme-vectoring

this entire post is just shit that's been parroted online for ages, i bet you don't even know how to drive

>drive a land cruiser
>awd
>rape vaperidoo stis with empty ski racks in the snow for fun
>laugh as I fly past chain control where an impromptu vape competition started up while the scoob fags wait for some poor faggot to fit chains for $25
>Can almost hear the obnoxious yelling about hawkeye vs bugeye, but truck too well built, too comfy, full leather seats, full power everything
>don't get into wrecks, cuz not raceboy faggot wannabe, but did eat a volvo that stopped a bit short one time, scratched my powdercoat
>do sometimes get head gasket failures, but only after 300k+ miles
>fit a chebby VORTEC!, proceed to ascend to vehicular godhood
>subarus stuck rebadging 2.5 rs becuz sexually transmitted infection badge costs too much, still can't swap suspension parts, because 2expensive5me
>paying lambo insurance on a wannabe evo

Yes, KYS.

Isn't it a boxer?!?

Nice license plate tho

Its as if someone slapped Paul Walkes head ontop of Vin Diesels body

this is true you forgot to mention vapes though

Yeah.. but I'd still rather have 4x4

>Subaru owners
>having the right to laugh at anything but themselves.

It's been years but I could swear my 95 had a dyna front axle. (Bronco)

youtube.com/watch?v=uHbNuyubhz0&t=115s

>tfw coke in public

Is that really it?

call me back when you can go uphill in 2-3 feet of snow on a washboard dirt road

Fuck off ttb is based

itt: amerifat inferiority complex

Looks like ford twin I beam

It did. Dana did (i think) all of the front diffs for the fullsized Broncos. Ford just integrated the innards into their TTB system. At least, that's my understanding of it. Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

>lambo insurance
>$67/month
>shitty american engine in legendary toyota

kys.

>he doesnt have a 205 diff

That's the front axle dumbass

My nigga

The engine itself isn't that hard to pull though.

It's stamped Dana on the axle

>based
>posts image of a truck with thousands of burger dollars worth of modifications

sure my friend

TTB is a very elegant engineering solution.

SFA like strength
IFS like center clearance
IFS like independent suspension action
Easily tuneable Ackerman ratio, superior to SFA
Tons of travel and articulation
Wheel camber roughly follows body lean curve through center of travel for both wheels.

Only real downside is positive camber change at extremes of droop travel (easily limited) and some maintenance difficulties.

It's still a ttb truck.

The same people in this thread talking about how their truck is gud because they've got Dana axles are probably the ones shitting on Wranglers in /ORG/ threads...

But all Wranglers (at least in the last 10 years) of all trims come with Dana axles stock...

... Makes you really think.

The architecture of the TTB axles were all done by Dana. My Ranger has a Dana 35, some rangers have dana 28s, broncos and F150s all have 44s and I believe a "light" duty F250 got a Dana 50 TTB

The Dana 35s that have problems in jeeps are all low pinion, the Dana 44 found in wrangler rubicons (at least the front axle) is quite good. The Dana 35 TTB axle is high pinion and it does not have the same problem of bending tubes found in the solid axle.

A dana axle on its own is not necessarily good but they did make axles that were better than others. The Dana 35 rear axle used in jeeps was one of the worst they ever made.

Fuck subaru

>A dana axle on its own is not necessarily good but they did make axles that were better than others.

That is the point I wanted to convey... subtly.