Why do the people who complain the most about the economy want to buy brand new shit and act like they deserve it?

Why do the people who complain the most about the economy want to buy brand new shit and act like they deserve it?

Buy used, buy cheap, better to live comfortable than to live stressed with shiny things.

Because they're retarded.

Unfortunately retarded people outnumber the non-retarded so they also have the ability to out vote the others

also wow that image is still saved by someone? Damn man...

I work in the administrative office of a shitty state Uni and this pretty much stereotypes 90% of college students that I've experienced since I've been working here since 2012

>go to Uni
>get meme degree created basically just to increase revenue
>"career counselors" supports their meme degree because enrollment is more important than guiding ignorant kids down a proper career path
>too lazy to apply for a bunch of small scholarships that accept almost anyone and basically add up to the "full ride" one they got rejected from
>take out student loans for everything
>use student loan credit after paying tuition and fees to furnish dorm, buy a MacBook, buy a brand new Kia or Honda Civic, etc.
>doesn't join any clubs or organizations
>doesn't apply for any internships
>just treats Uni like high school thinking a good GPA will do
>graduate with $80-200K in debt with a degree that may get you a $45K/year job if you're lucky
>blames their choices on the government, education system, etc.
>stands in front of wall street protesting like it's their fault
>shares upvote points on Reddit posting about their terrible choices
>thinks they are better than baby boomers who "had it easy"

The poor kids that get federal loan/grant funding and are limited in their funds are typically the ones that go into the worthwhile degrees, join clubs, have part time jobs, apply for internships, etc. The kids who take out $200K loans from banks with Mommy or Daddy's signature for a $40K degree are usually the fuck ups. Yet the government is somehow to blame.

The fact that normies aren't satisfied with used cheap shit and want new expensive shit means that wages are high enough that we can live well below our means in a stress free lifestyle if we want to.

If everyone was content driving $3000 used hondas then that would be the baseline and you'd be stressing just to afford that.

So be glad that most people aren't living below their means because it makes it easier for you to do so.

This so true.

this is also true

Shows us how great life really is when the biggest problem plaguing the poorest people of our country is "Wtf I don't like these Timberlands" and "Awwww I can't get the newest iphone this year :("

i made this mistake i bought a brand new bike for 5 times the price of a used one.

Growing up in London i've had friends and associates from all different strata of social backgrounds.

One of the most fascinating i've observed is the ghetto roadmen who deal drugs.Ones that i've known have been making quite a few grand a fortnight through sales.

they end up spending all their money on gucci and LV belts and montcler and designer gear. yet they still live in shitty council flats and eat cheap tier chicken shop food.

I actually find it hilarious how people are unable to manage their money. Im no university professor but I know that its a bad thing to EVER owe somebody money even if they are in a form of a bank. I feel that sometimes its become a trend to tell people who follow your twitter account "how broke I am" whilst tweeting from a brand new Iphone. Some people will always stay poor by always wanting after new shiny technology or yeezys. Not because the banks are always trying to fuck you but because people cant sort out their own finances out and willing to live frugally for a bit.

It's just part of human nature to keep up with the joneses and this is what makes a lot of people poor and miserable.

You just gotta stop caring about that shit and realize that it will make you happier to be financially secure than it will to drive a BMW or wear designer clothes and be living paycheck to paycheck.

>small scholarships that accept almost anyone

No such thing.

We have a scholarship for perfect attendance. Just fucking show up.

There are a ton of small $250-$1,000 scholarships that require nothing more than applying with basic requirements related to attendance, grades, participation in sports and clubs, etc. Not to mention all the meme scholarships like send in a screen shot of you protesting a local store to remove tobacco products from their shelves. These add up. But people are too lazy to apply to them.

Sources?

i've had semesters where i'd go to class, go home, eat and lift depending on the day, work on labs/homework/study for exams, go to sleep, and repeat. weekends revolved around doing as much homework/lab work/studying for exams as possible to alleviate the work to be done during the week.

in the end this allowed me to finish an engineering degree in 4 years with no AP credits (i was lazy in high school) but it meant no clubs, and i did not manage to score a single summer internship. first two years i took classes in the summer, too.

His asshole. Nearly twio decades ago, when I was supposed to be searching out scholarships and before broadband internet was in every public bathroom, schools were the gatekeepers of that info. I'd go through the applications looking for stuff I could apply for. This one's for girls, this one's for blacks, this one's for foreign born students, this one's for Jews, this one's for Masons, this one you had to apply for as a freshmen, and so on. Literally nothing that I could apply for. Fortunately, state schools weren't $20K per year back then. If they were, I'dve been fucked. And I didn't go for some shit-tier history degree either, I went for computer science. Fucking Indians pretty much ruined that as a career path though.

why does that look like a map of the netherlands

This was pretty much my experience. I couldn't even apply for 80% of the degrees because those were reserved for either women, blacks, mexicans, the mentally disabled (I'm not joking), and the absolutely poor. 10% of the scholarships that I could apply for were like playing the lottery, purely luck based, and I suspect there was some politics in the work as a certain group of students seemed to "win" most of them. The competition for the other 10% was absolutely cut throat and the payouts were often only between $50 and $500, tending toward the lower value.

I still managed, somehow, to snag around 8 or 9 scholarships totaling $2,000. Welp, it payed for around 5% of my total college expenses. I even got STEM degree (network and database security), which no company in the country seems to have any use for, or, else, the position has already been filled.

Yep, I fell for the college meme. Given how college was pushed in my high school, I wouldn't be surprised to discover that area high schools and colleges collaborated to bilk students en masse. My only solace is that I'm not the only one getting fucked here.

Come to think of it, I wish I were Jewy enough at the time to complain about the apparent lack of Jewish scholarships. I may have been able to get something out of that, even though I'm not Jewish. Raising a little hell may have been worth it, if only for a laugh.

lol my cousin is quart Ukrainian, half German and quart English. She got invited to her schools special programme for minority students. She goes and its full of blacks and pakis and the talk is of all these special scholarships available to them.

Up to this day I'm yet to see such scholarships for minorities and foreign students.

>'m yet to see such scholarships for minorities and foreign students.

get yourself to a major city like London. there are even jobs which you need to be of a certain background to apply for. The BBC was offering some media job and required the applicant to be 'non-white'.

>80% of the degrees because those were reserved for

Keep telling yourself that other people are the reason you couldn't make it

>keep telling yourself that that stab wound is the reason you're bleeding out

If the shoe fits.

I identify with the 'obsessed with status' goat

God fucking this

My college roommate spent hours trying to explain to me why he spent every dime of his really good internship wage ( $20 hr at HP) on Supreme gear

"Bc I'm wanting to be fashionable not rich lmao"

He dropped out after we kicked him out of the apartment for being revealed as a degenerate meth smoker

You sound just like the liberal scum complaining about every minor little thing. Stop putting the blame on others and build for yourself. You don't deserve shit just for being born faggot.

>You sound just like the liberal scum complaining about every minor little thing.

Not an argument.

>Stop putting the blame on others and build for yourself.
>Yes, don't complain about the odds being stacked against you. Just accept them or I'll call you a faggot.

>You don't deserve shit just for being born faggot.

This was never implied. But it was real in your mind.

Look at that articulate argument. Boy, you really convinced me.