/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18. Demo is out now!
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0
Spoiler: youtube.com/watch?v=iJAaJHeuNg8

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mynintendonews.com/2016/11/02/capcom-wants-monster-hunter-to-grow-in-the-west-and-feels-handhelds-are-limiting-sales/
youtube.com/watch?v=ysccgk5SAGs
youtube.com/watch?v=9q0OosCOxrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

okay thank you, I will start to farm this fucker now

Close call.

>25 gypceros
>still no head

Fine, if I don't get one by 30 I'm dropping the lance. This weapon is bad luck after bad luck.

For a general this active its very good at near-death experiences.

BOGmazios quick rundown

sure bro, heres a quick rundown

-Wycedemy bows to Bogdanoffs
-In contact with Narkarkos
-Possess psychic-like abilities
-Control minegarde with an iron but fair fist
-Own castles & guilds globally
-Direct descendants of the ancient hunter blood line
-Will bankroll the first guilds on Moga (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)
-Own 99% of monster DNA editing research facilities on Earth
-First elite hunters will in all likelihood be Bogdanoff babies
-both brothers said to have innate Sharpness+5, such handicraftness on Earth has only existed deep in ancient civilizations
-Ancient civilizationscriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon minegardeand will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
-They own equal dragon eaopn research centers around the world
-You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now
-The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Fatalis brothers, forwarding the word of dragons to the wycedemy. Who do you think set up the meeting between the guild & the wycedemy high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the wycedemy leader’s first trip to pola field in history literally a few days later to the Bogdanoff bunker in Wilkes land?
-They learned fluent wyverian in under a week
-Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There’s no gold in schhrade castle, only Bogdanoff castle
-The twins are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they’re benevolent beings.

They are /ourguys/

WHEN WILL MONHUN GET OUT OF SHITTY NINTENDO CONSOLES?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH:WQEHBV:QEHBP:QWBPH

>mh4 released in late 2013
>slime nerfed
>soon afterwards, kizuki aruchu falls ill and never recovers
was he a kelbibow shitter?

Haha, never Sonygger

Nintengod is /ourguy/

mynintendonews.com/2016/11/02/capcom-wants-monster-hunter-to-grow-in-the-west-and-feels-handhelds-are-limiting-sales/

That's Capcom code for Monster Hunter 5 and onwards for Switch, Monster Hunter Frontier 2 for everything else.

I hope Miyamoto fucking dies

Anyone here know when/how the giant sword in Pokke regenerates? Thought i'd stock up in case all the fatty weapons in mhxx upgraded from dark stone weapons.

Japan's handheld market far exceeds its console market, it's almost a certainty that it's going to the switch.
It would look the same on any console regardless because capcom are lazy.

I love me some Frontier 2. Let's be honest here Deep Down and Panta Rhei is being salvaged for Frontier 2.

I don't care if it looks the same between consoles, I don't want to buy another shitty ass nintencucksole just for one game

I'm pretty sure Panta Rhei is dead and whatever's left of it was turned into RE Engine.

Any case, if Frontier 2 was just Frontier Z running on MT Framework, I'd take it.

After every quest, exactly how you should expect it to.

Well unless sony's got the vita 2 coming out within the year you're kinda fucked. My condolences.

PS4 is giving the 3DS a run for their money in Japan.

>Valoraptor

Deep Down's copyright was renewed fairly recently. I'm hoping for a Dragon's Dogma 2, especially since that fits more than a Monster Hunter title.

Two elder dragon bones

If they use Panta Rhei for MH then MH will finally have actual physics

I know, I KNOW.
XX or if possible in the future, Generations Ultimate, will probably be my last MonHun if MH5 becomes S(w)hit(ch)

Historically speaking a new mainline MH won't appear on a new platform like Switch unless it has about 3 years' worth of install base.

*a new generation mainline MH

youtube.com/watch?v=ysccgk5SAGs

You better get acquainted with Monster Hunter's new home.

5 won't appear until 2018 at the earliest, but a quick and dirty MH3U-tier Switch port of XX is possible this year, once Capcom wring every sale they can get out of the 3DS version.

Gotta run Heroics

I was a bout to mention monster hunter freedom came out within a year of the psp's release but you corrected yourself.
Your statement is still faulty, however, because there is only one situation where it's applicable: the wii. Unless you count 4 being on 3ds which I wouldn't because 3U was on it as well.

Historically speaking that won't happen also, because MH3G HD only happened because the need for online.

Yes MH4 counts. It came out after 3 years 3DS was out.

But there was already a monster hunter game on the 3ds, despite not being a new generation. I need you to refute this before we move on.

So why are custom bowguns gone, again?

I said new generation mainline. See now the next possible MH can only be MH5. Not like last time when people refused to believe MHXG is going to happen despite the evidence.

I HOPE CAPCOM FUCKING DIES FOR NOT MAKING MEGAMAN AND DMC COME BACK AND NOT GETTING MH OUT OF NINTENDO

Team got lazy when they faced the prospect of having to stat every single part of every single gun from every single monster in a game with more than 20 of them.

I'm glad they're gone, for my part. Clownguns were awful.

You can't ask for old games and expect the same people to be making it

Sonyggers.

They were too complex for P3rd so they were scrapped from subsequent titles.

You can blame sony for everything.

Yes but you need to tell me why that matters, they already tested the waters with 3U before the install base built up. Why is it important that its a new generation specifically?

The sad thing is that Sony could do a cheap portable device with graphics around PS3 levels using an off-the-shelf SoC. They could keep the Vita 2000 design, give it SD card support, and stick in a 720p screen, clickable sticks and extra shoulder buttons. Call it a Vita Pro.

It may not sell in the West, but it'd stop all those smaller Japanese developers from going PS4/Switch, and then eventually Switch only when the PS4 continues to flatline in Japan.

Can you not move your console war shitposting to your containment board? It's just left from here, can't miss it.

Sales to cover the budget for a new generation worth of additional content.

So why would they move to a new, riskier system to generate those sales?
I think you're just tripping over your own words at this point.

For MH3G they were entirely hoping for a new audience while abandoning their old audience. By the time MH4 came out, there's 3 year's worth of install base to work with.

That doesn't prove anything about your previous claim for it to be to generate sales, in fact it say the opposite: sacrificing sales to gather new audience... which primes the install base for a new generation. Okay I understand where you're coming from, but you're still wrong because you have yet to explain why 3 years would have any significance besides development cycle.
If XX is ported to the switch to prime the install base they aren't going to wait an extra 18 months to release 5 because of some unwritten rule of 3.

I'm saying MH5 won't come out on Switch you dumdum. Historically speaking of course.

Might as well expand on it some more

MHXX HD on Switch won't sell more than 200k looking at past sales data. Primarily because MHXX is already on 3DS. And the next game will almost certainly be MH5, which by March 2018 about there, Switch won't have enough install base to justify an exclusive release on it.

Then where would it go? A giant chunk of its popularity in japan stems from its portability and there's no new psp type handheld coming out anytime soon.

Maybe a 3ds/switch cross platform game?

Whatever. I already know where this is going.

Keypoint to remember, Iwata is dead. Nobody is paying for MH exclusivity anymore.

You don't honestly believe this game will ever leave handhelds again do you? You're trapped here with subpar performance and visuals forever, user
f o r e v e r

That statement was clearly just Capcom confirming MH5 for Switch.

Don't get excited Sonyggers.

I know when you're saying handhelds you only mean Nintendo. Stop beating around the bush.

No if there's a vita 2 I think it could go there, in-fact I want cross platform with shared servers. Hell I want mainline on PC as well.
But it's not gonna happen.

>That statement was clearly just Capcom confirming MH5 for Switch.

What statement?

What about Vita 1? Did you root for it when it came out in 2011 and MH came out for 3DS instead?

>I want cross platform with shared servers.
>Hell I want mainline on PC as well.
>But it's not gonna happen.
How long have I been waiting for something like this

Okay I lied, I'm at 37 gypceros and finally got my head. Lance is too fun to give up

with vita nearing the end of it's life and the switch basically being the vita but better in terms of hardware and function I don't think capcom would take the risk.
If you could choose between your old console, a new console, or a new stronger console that will likely get a lot of the install base of your previous one which 2 are you gonna pick?
Sorry about your vita purchase, user.

So by handheld you only mean Nintendo. Like I said

no, because if ther'es a vita 2 it will compete with the switch and have a chance to come to that. Stop trying to use ad hominem so you don't have to argue.

But what about back in 2011?

youtube.com/watch?v=9q0OosCOxrw

Is open world a meme?

3U for 3ds came out 7 days before the vita, development probably started for it before the vita was even announced.

Playing Frontier on Vita back then, made me want 4U for Vita

Sad

MT Frameworks is best

Vita was announced before 3DS came out. If MH3G took more than a year to develop, then it would be before MHP3rd even came out even. Just some food for thought.

And again, no need to say handheld as if you're including Vita, just say Nintendo like everyone else.

I'm betting MH3G was probably going to be a Wii game until Tri underperformed in Japan and/or Nintendo showed Capcom the 3DS hardware.

you could fit a jaggi inside that chip on your shoulder

Fucking stop that, stop putting words in my mouth.
You know what I'm done, you're impossible to argue with because all you want to do is assign titles like nintendrone to people to reinforce your console war prejudices.

I want a monster hunter on PC and understand it's never gonna happen. You need to accept the vita and 3ds are dying and the 3ds may have been chosen fro 3U due to the timing the devkits were released.
Or, like you said, there was an exclusivity contract. If you actually believed that and weren't just trying to start shit you wouldn't be entertaining the idea of 3U for the vita.

Just stop, fucking stop. Go away.

In all logical sense, 2011's title should be Portable 3rdG for PSP.

It was released for holiday, 3U as well a year later.
That would make p3rd 2011 and 3U 2012

You mean 2010 and 2011 respectively

Yes, I'd much rather have load screens and invisible boundaries

I-I prefer it this way

What, you want to walk to the enemy more?
Heh idiot

No that's when they were released, the years I mentioned are the years they were relevant due to them being released in December.
It adds nothing to the argument, I was just entertaining an interesting thought.

>flight is on chest/back muscles mosly
but in an older post you said the rath was better suited of arial combat because its chest is stronger?
your not making sence now user and i feel as if your just making things up now without a base to form it on.
its good to have an opinion but at leas tbase it on some kind of fact

They were both released early December so the bulk of the sale would still be in December, and most importantly still within the fiscal year which ends every end of March. For example, 2016's fiscal year MH title is still MHXX despite technically coming out in 2017.

Single zone maps with sub-zone arenas in basically the same structure = good
Open world = meme walking simulater

>but in an older post you said the rath was better suited of arial combat because its chest is stronger?
What?
He can fly freely and focus on attacking with claws/fireball.

Calm down, mate. I was entertaining a thought not arguing a point. I agree with you.

fireballs is the only thing he can do better then tigrex as it cant shoot them, tigrex would have better air maneuverability since its chest, back and wings would have more muscel development then the rath as its getting WORKED OUT more then the raths

>Learning LBG
>Decide to try the 7 Star capture Steve request quest solo with it
>Going well, I thought
>Jho shows up, but not a huge problem
>40 fucking minutes later I realize I'm either really shit at gunning or need a better gun/ammo
>Steve finally tired
>set a trap in zone he just flew to
>JHO WALKS IN
>Goes right for trap
>1 trap used
>Wait for Steve to leave (forgot dung bombs)
>Immediately follow him
>Set up trap right where the zone entry point is
>Steve dances around it for a few minutes
>Finally get him in it
>Land a tranq
>JHO OUTTA FUCKING NOWHERE
>SENDS ME FLYING AS HE UNBURROWS ON THE SPOT
>BLOCKS MY SECOND TRANQ ATTEMPT
>Steve gets out
>Go all the way back to base for the third trap while Steve flies off to sleep
>2 minutes left
>Arrive in the second to last zone just in time to see Jho walk into the zone Steve is sleeping in.
>Abandon quest

Always remember to bring dung bombs lads. Always.

>10km squared of map is a meme walking sim
>10km squared of map with loading screens is not

Stockholm syndrome is a horrible thing

it goes 10km2 without loading and 5km2 with transitions
besides, arena based gameplay in open-world???

I had a dream about a fucking Chameleos deviant, I was raping that shit, smashing its head with a Fatalis GS then a fucking Jho and a goddamn WoW diablosaurus came out of nowhere and would never EVER leave the area, even when I threw shit at them

>it goes 10km2 without loading and 5km2 with transitions

Does it?
Where are you getting this information?

Any MH area, there are long corridors you don't go through so you're instantly in the next arena.

Tigrex's wing structure is different from the rathalos. Tigrex has more like chicken or goose wings. So it can flap a good distance but it can't really fly. In the game we see it jump and land somewhere else but that's all we see of its aerial ability. It never uses that in combat aside from a quick flap for its long range pounce attack which is just a boosted jump and not flying.

ok lets say its cant snipe rath out of the air, what can the rath do? try and fire ball it when the tigrex is easly fast enough to move out of the way, or try and tail flip it when the tigrex can just roar it out of the air and then spin to win.
rath doesnt have shit on the tigrex man even if it had air supiriority

Have you looked at both monsters? Rath has more chest and back muscle than a tigrex. Its wing structure is more appropriate to flight, it takes from bats. On the other hand Tigrex skeleton is closer to a flying squirrel.

In most maps the areas are really close together.

No they're not.

Yes they are

Boot up any game, it's been too long you haven't looked at a transition area.

>this entire post