/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread Ouma's playmates edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 02/21/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on September 26 (N. America), September 29 (Europe)
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qFgQTPSiI-8
docs.google.com/document/d/1pUStz3M6zXrkP72FHysO72zS3YS6G1XVFqQkA9tXjOQ/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>"If we don’t make this, we will never be able to make different “Danganronpa” from 1 and 2."
The fuck everyone was okay with breaking the formula
Hell people were okay with him ditching the old universe so why did he make a game that followed the formula to the letter

Let's make this a good thread, everyooooone

As unpopular as it is for the nips, I think it's still a fine pairing.

Valwinz apparently liking it is annoying, but I'll let that not bring me down.

>mfw you made the thread and removed last image

Chiaki is best girl

Let's have some discussion. Besides the deal about the students being prisoners since we've talked about that so much, what potential was presented in NDRV3 that you feel was wasted?

Mine has to be chapter 3's gimmick, imagine how crazy things would get if two murderers existed and you only got to execute one leaving the other to survive.

I want to fuck Tulpaman

I want to get locked in an airtight school and fix her with hope. She would try anything and everything to make me feel despair, but I would just laugh it off, because as long as I'm helping her, no despair is strong enough to enter my heart. I'd show her that no matter what she has done, I'd always forgive her. I'd make her food and clean her secret lair, and drag her out to bed if she stays up late. When the nights get so cold that we have no choice but to cuddle together at night for warmth, I'd feel her breath going from shallow to deep as her form relaxes and she falls asleep in my arms. I'd feel her cling to me in the night when she wakes up from a despair nightmare and feel her sob into my chest, first seeds of hope sprouting in her traumatized mind. I'd softly kiss her hair and tell her everything will be okay. I'd take care of her when she gets sick, read all the books from the library and hold her hand so that she can fall asleep. I'd make shitty homemade pizza for her and stay up late with her watching dumb movies, and feel her cuddle up to me when she can't stay awake anymore. I'd teach her retarded drinking games and show her how to play pool in the rec room.

One night, she silently sneaks over to the kitchen. A shining sliver of a blade extends from her clenched fist when she walks into my room. But her hand stops, centimeters away from my chest, and begins to shake violently. Something is wrong. One by one, her trembling fingers let go of the hilt, and with a soft thud, the knife falls onto the carpet. She throws herself on me and buries her face right where the knife should have gone, Clutching at the fabric of my clothes. Her whole body shakes feverishly and I scoop her body into my arms and tell her that everything will be okay, just like usual. Her silent sobbing turns to wailing that echoes out into the dimly lit corridors beyond the door.

She would finally be cured of despair. Because the only thing she can't analyze is love

>Look at me my mental gymnastics are in top form today.
If its in the game then it is canon to the universe regardless of whether its in the story route that is followed since the team wrote and placed them in the game. I bet you dont think danganronpa if is a canon danganronpa what if scenerio even though it was featured in the game and has been acknowlaged by kodaka. I'm sorry you can't handle the fact that the developers don't think the same way as you and made the game Danganronpa v3: Ouma harem edition.

I'm bored. Say a V3 char and I'll draw them as fast as I can (don't expect quality)

I don't really what's his point either, there's some new elements such as the protagonist being the detective and Scrum Debate but otherwise it's just confusing, do people in Japan really cling on to DR1 and DR2 that much?

I want Ouma to choke Saihara gently!

Same.

Miu Iruma

>imagine how crazy things would get if two murderers existed and you only got to execute one leaving the other to survive.
Would have been cool, the surviving murderer would have probably been next case's victim though since Kodak's is a pussy

I want them to have a relationship of pure true love that lasts forever, into the afterlife and beyond

Caring what your Japanese vocal minority overlords thing.
Fuck off weeb cuck get that jap dick put of your throat. Who cares what a couple dozen drawfags think out of the 150k+ people who bought and played the game.

Glad we have something in common.

Post unpopular ships, rarepairs, memepairs and crackships

The whole gifted system seems kind of wasted like you could have had a cool potential on how the outside world was dystopian shithole where only the Ultimates and top government officials got to live any kind of a happy life

Does vidya browse /drg/?

But I don't care about what they think. It's just a shame it won't get as much fanart compared to others.

>Would have been cool, the surviving murderer would have probably been next case's victim though since Kodak's is a pussy
That would have been better than what we got.

>do people in Japan really cling on to DR1 and DR2 that much?

Yes. DR3 still sold well and had good merchandising selling value even though it was pure crap just because it shilled DR1 and DR2 characters

Yeah, it would have been nice to see that work out but of course we can't even have something like this.

Don't even get me started on that, it was such a cool way to explain varying levels of talent since you'd be scouted for potential rather than working your ass off from childhood before being invited, and battles between Ultimates with different ideologies (Like say, maybe some never registered and became rebels) would have been pretty awesome.

heh

That might explain it, to me DR1 and DR2 concluded pretty well since you didn't know their future but you at least knew part of what was happening outside.

NDRV3 isn't that at all, not only do you have so many unanswered questions left what you were told could have been lies all along.

A murder where the mastermind is the victim
You would have to find out which one killed him and figure out the purpose of the killing game

More like a murder where the mastermind is the victim and you don't find out until chapter 6 when the mastermind AI shows up.

Having Munakatana flashbacks right here.

But you're right, even if the mastermind's dead they could have set it up to keep it running so you'd have to race against time to figure out the culprit, see if they can tell you anything and stop the game.

Here you go user

And then there's DRK where the mastermind was a victim, and the person who killed them loses it and becomes the new mastermind.

Remember when people thought Tengan was a cool guy who got killed by Munakata for no reason?

Thats a huge pic

>Shinguuji kills angie
>Survives until the end with Saihara and Yumeno
That would've been hilarious.

I thought it would something like this
>Victim dies
>You investigate and find out that they've been doing a lot of suspicious things
>Halfway through the trial you figure out that they're the mastermind
>You need to figure out his motives as that would lead you to the culprit
>Along the way you figure out the twists and have to tell the other participants

>don't expect quality
>give quality
what is this

thanks drawbro

> Junko's not kicking her in the face
For what purpose

>Angie
Tenko, fuck me

I want Makoto and Kirigiri to hold hands, cuddle together, and whisper to eachother words of endearment!

Cute!

Remember when people thought Chiaki would survive and appear in future arc
Kek i remember

No problem, and thanks! How about giving me another character? I'm bored

Nice job, user!

weedman,but crying

Ryoko ?

I'd prefer V3, as much as I love based Weedman

another character I liked died
YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He would have been executed at third trial.

Angie would survive and then be killed off by Gonta and Himiko gets framed for it again.

how aboat Angie?

Kibo with a wide face like a hidamari character

>yfw it happens next game hah, as if

Another thing I would have liked was finding out more about DICE since they seemed like a fun group and given how much of a comedian Ouma is I bet they had some fun times.

Suppose you could get more details about one character's fictional story, which one would you choose? I kind of want to know more about Kiibo too.

If there was just one thing that made DR3 terrible, it was that we finally got a not Junko in anyway mastermind and he seemed reasonable at first, but it turns out all masterminds are totally nuts and muh complex motives'.

What's even worse is that his plan was retarded yet he nearly succeeded anyway because of plot magic.

I would pay money to see this.
Man, this setup would have been amazing too and very involved since you'd really need to remember a lot to piece everything together.

Here is a shitpost.

kek, too cute.

ITS FOR HOPE

Angie!

What's even better is that Munakata knew what he did.

He knew all along that Tengan was fucking crazy.

He used the killing game as a chance to finally kill him.

Your style is cute!
If you're still taking requests, how about an angry Hoshi?

At least Hopeman was entertaining and he had luck on his side. Tengan has fuck all except for how the FF were even more retarded than him.

That's what we call seriously bad writing, only the memes made DR3 worth watching.

Not to shabby user.

Thank you!

Maybe Tengan was the SHSL Lucky Student of his time?

You're quite good. Do you think you can draw a Kaede?

I'm actually curious about Miu's backstory, because it actually had her start out as a normie and get her talent through a surgery. It just seems like a weird choice for Team DR if they want the fake memories and talents thing to stay hidden.

This is super cute! Can you maybe...perhaps draw a Moe?

>Saibo
>unpopular
Lol it either above or slightly below ouma kiibo in terms or kiibo hip popularity in amounts of art.

>not only do you have so many unanswered questions left what you were told

Not that many

>could have been lies all along.

Only if you are in denial

Out of curiosity how long did it take?

Hey can you draw a Tenko?

Show me. Please.

That's the thing, Kiibo is not that popular

Glad we agree on something!

Yeah, like you said Miu's one is weird and generally speaking all the upper-tier Ultimates (Ouma, Miu, Kiibo and Angie) are bizarre in how you can't easily write off their abilities as being a placebo.

thats why Chisa shoulda been mastermind. She had a connection with munakata on a personal level. Was the leader of the info branch so she could shill the despair video and we coulda had her go absolute madwoman. Her Va was perfect for that youtu.be/qFgQTPSiI-8

It's not more weird than laser guided amnesia or the Izuru project cirurgy

You might recognise me as the one who used to do the 1 minute Hoshis

Because its an AU where Junko is cured and they are now proper friends

They could also have made Tengan less of a retard, I would have been also fine with that or mastermind Chisa (Which would be kind of funny seeing she died in the first episode) but of course that wasn't going to happen.

I wonder what kind of redoes he did for the text and scenarios. But it also mentions the English release being delayed because of it, so I'm not sure if he means V3 was just really down to the wire, or if there are upcoming changes planned for the English release.

docs.google.com/document/d/1pUStz3M6zXrkP72FHysO72zS3YS6G1XVFqQkA9tXjOQ/edit

No, Chisa being behind it would be boring and obvious.

Tengan was a fine MM, the only thing he lacked was a proper execution and explanation but as a concept, he is okay.

The problem with Tengan is that we don't get any reason for why the hell he's doing any of this?
Like yeah there's the thing about him being in despair for losing his students but that's just one line and i don't how that translates into mindhacking the entire world into hope
Another thing is his relationship with Mitarai which is nonexistent they never interact much in future and neither do they anywhere in despair yet the guy wanted him to become the new ruler of the world for some reason

So...Kodaka WANTS to break from the formula of Danganronpa but he's too afraid of fans' reactions.
Am I correct?

naw it woulda been great

This ouma makes me uncomfortable

yeah true and Mastermind chisa woulda been awesome

>The v3 sprites have still not been completely accurately ripped and made transparant yet
Were there no targa files in the demo files, no files at all with alpha layers? I find it rather hard to believe since the character sprites are transparant in game.

>Tengan is that we don't get any reason for why the hell he's doing any of this?

Hope

If Chisa was the MM
>Twist would be extremely obvious, disappointing many fans
>Reason would be for "muh despair" again
>"Death" with fake corpse would be once again a plot point as it was in DR1 which would be a rehash

In any case, it's obvious that the killing game only happened because Chisa subtly influenced both Tengan and Munakata and broke down the FF so in a way she was the MM without being the one behind the killing game which makes it more interesting

Normie sprite rips never

>being this delusional

Not moe, but mindhacced Tulpa can be pretty moe at times too, right?

AYAMATTE

Chisa would have been too obvious i would have preferred her being an important part of the game but not the mastermind someone else should've been the mastermind like Izuru,Bandai,or Komaeda
Also why didn't they kill donut they had a perfect chance but blew it