/ceg/ - Conan Exiles General

Ded gaem edition

>Official Links
Website - conanexiles.com/
Steam Store - store.steampowered.com/app/440900/

>What is Conan Exiles?
Conan Exiles is a survival game made by the devs of Age of Conan, and it's currently on the Early Access fun ride.

>Official Premium Veeky Forums Servers
old server 1x harvest/xp (wiped feb 16th!): 104.143.12.130:7927 (Veeky Forums videogames)
new server 2x harvest/xp: 69.162.126.51:7777 (Veeky Forums hyena funhouse)
newer & pve server 3x harvest/kill xp 10x crafting/gathering xp: 167.114.119.176:39615
(Veeky Forums comfy server)

>Server not showing in the list?
Go to your Properties for Conan Exiles on Steam, and open the Launch Options, then type in : +connect 104.143.12.130:7927 or +connect 69.162.126.51:7777

>Helpful hint of the day
Don't play

>Discord:
discord.gg/wJGbGde

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/cegeneral

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/wJGbGde
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=869831291
steamcommunity.com/games/440900/announcements/detail/583617921458804698
youtube.com/watch?v=w5rH0wpgURU
forums.darknestfantasyerotica.com/index.php?forums/other-games-classifieds.25/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

live damn you!

everyone moved to official servers plagued with exploits, gods and shit connections. Why you think this general is going to live is beyond me. The game itself is fun, but it needs some polish and then maybe another unofficial for it to be worthy of a general

u kno why it will live minna-san? kibo

it's all going according to keikaku doori, sasuga Veeky Forums

>everyone
i think it's just me at this point
everyone is finding reason to be busy or burnt out
they thought they were prepared for 1x autism, but they were not.

Because 1x is shit, even with a massive group. Autism or not there's only so much a person can take. Remember how SHIT the bark rates were on hyena? Official is 100% more shit.

not really, after they buffed higher tier tools to gather more on secondary items bark was fine, even before that all you had to do was farm trees at oasis or beach (anything with densely populated trees) with a stone pick and come back with 400-600 bark per trip.

Eh, the point still stands that 1x is shit. 2x-3x is the only way, and gods that are either MUCH harder to summon or no gods at all. Official servers on any survival game are cancer

I still play on 185, just because I can't logged in from 7AM to 8PM today doesn't mean ur aloen

Dead game.
>exploits left unpatched for weeks
>broken despawn feature that actively works to eventually kill servers
>some bumblefuck coder is intentionally sabotaging bows, or is just hacking together patches that only pretend to fix bugs
>chinks going wild in official servers
>many private servers have retarded admins that grief their own damn server

leveling
turtles: 450 exp
locusts 1200 or something
birbs: 900
twirly horns: 2100
rape rhinos: 900

rope exploit: you can animation cancel on swings with fiber bindings. you need different timings for tools vs weapons, swords are the most ideal for ani cancel since they swing fastest in the mainhand. what this means is you can mow down trees and rocks and get 5 hits in on a twirly horn antelope, enough to kill it with an iron sword and zero strength before it runs away.you can kill birbs, hyenas, and even rhinos without taking damage. locusts might get a swing in.

grind to level 14

infinite autism exp: antelope trophy or rhino trophy, doesn't matter they're the same experience to craft. you can salvage all materials back from them and recraft over and over.

you must open your inventory and click craft single button. crafting from hotbar or craft all yields no exp gain.

preferably have two to craft so when you break one you're always crafting. requires one shaped wood and one head.

2200 exp per craft, 20 seconds per craft at vanilla rates. that's 396k exp an hour.

to put that in perspective a rank 1 set city npc gives the same exp. 2500 for a rank 2, 3k exp for rank 3 npc. to farm those npcs you're likely repairing and expending leather and iron and steel resources, along with consumables. you may have competition, you may run out of spawns, you may die, you might get pvp'd on. so the city CAN possibly yield more if you have it all to yourself.

pickle's big exp secrets, there u go.

discord.gg/wJGbGde

discord.gg/wJGbGde

Join /ceg/ discord to join comfy vg community
please

discord.gg/wJGbGde

discord.gg/wJGbGde

is there a threshold at which you'd be glad your base was destroyed by an avatar? right now it's level 50, random chance for archpriest, and however many hours for farm up a t3 altar and 500 manifestations. you like 2-3x rates so that last part is easy, but you want it to be harder still? or just the one very aspect of the game to be harder. a week or farming? two weeks? will you be happy they destroyed your massive base you took two weeks to build instead?

no one here wants to be raidable, is the jist of it.

Is there an online thing to place triangles and squares?

avatars serve no good purpose; better remove 'em until we need them to fend off a 1000 man horde of npcs

there's the rust planner, fortify. just use square/triangle blocks and ignore the rest. or just figure stuff out in a single player game.

Can we try this on comfy at some point?

mite b cool.

I wonder how the game handles having mods removed from a save.

Jumping on right now. I will advise everyone online (a whopping 4) to get someplace safe and store your things.

I say store your things because we had at least two instances of hyenas somehow killing people in their homes. Fuck hyenas.

I saw someone's camp set up near a dozen hyenas. Some people just like to live dangerously

>see a dozen hyenas
>looks legit

Okay man, whatever floats your boat.

I'll be adding just this one for now:

You'll have to bother me more to get shaved and oiled added.

I'm still bitter about the tier 3 dancer I lost to the spider hyena cripple wombo combo

sorry bruv.

Server is back up, go forth and loot. See if we crash.

Pretty cool mod. Probably imbalanced in PVP since drops are pretty often. Also I think you can get steel weapons in chests.

Desert Dog is slightly better than Medium Armor

Is is just a server side mod or do both server and client need it?

i believe so

Both. I think all mods for this game works like that. You have to subscribe to the mod then enable it in game.

hurr i mean both client and server have it

oh alright. Even though I still hate the idea of how workshop handles mods on principle.

>dancer outfit
goodbye 185

The headdress is gay. It gives your earrings but removes your hair.

rip comfy

Comfy stopped. If it keeps up I might have to drop the mod. I'm not surprised, seems mods are a bit unstable at the moment.

ye, just not wearing a helm desu

guess that would explain why I got stuck in a black screen when trying to connect

any guesses on when the snowniggers will make this playable? I really had fun for about two weeks, and wish I could have more without facing literal NEET autists that put snek to shame on 185

thanks for being kinda-ok, /ceg/

probably when you let me have my way with your feet

Are other servers experiencing the bullshit hyena is going through? the server seems to crash every fucking 5min

crashes are every 40-80 minutes or so on every server since last update

steamcommunity.com/games/440900/announcements/detail/583617921458804698

Comfy is going down as soon as I complete the update.

Ahh, ok. It seems like its worse with hyena though, it takes about 5 min after logging in to experience a crash. my autism is out of control right now

A patch was just released. The server has been restarted:

TL;DR (Patch Summary)

Known Issue: Yellow Lotus Potions sometimes have no effect. This will be fixed as quickly as possible, and in the meantime we recommend not using them.
You can no longer dismantle exploded jars
Bows should now fire consistently on dedicated servers
Bows should now always consume ammunition
NPC archers and Thrall archers can now properly aim
Bows should no longer shoot in crazy directions
Fixed an issue where thralls would not properly load on server restart
Knives are now efficient for harvesting Hide or Thick Hide
Made more monsters able to damage structures. Some can even damage T3 buildings!
You can now loot corpses under water
Players can no longer use chairs to travel great distances
The crouch/jump "boost" should now be fixed
Developer Comment: Please get in touch with us if you discover additional instances where this is possible. We understand the impact these issues had on raiding and general basebuilding on PvP servers, and want to make sure this issue is completely eliminated.

Performance and Tech Fixes

Reduced log spam on dedicated servers
Optimized animation blueprints to improve server performance
Made several console commands require admin
Fixed an issue where thralls would not properly load on server restart

General Bug Fixes and Improvements

You can now loot corpses under water
You can no longer dismantle exploded jars to get brimstone
Arrow projectiles are now more visible
Players can no longer use chairs to travel great distances
Players can no longer walk through walls which have not loaded in yet
Bows should now fire more consistently on dedicated servers
Archers across the Exiled Lands have laid off the booze and can now properly aim again
Knives are now efficient for harvesting Hide or Thick Hide
Placeables now correctly respect the "No Ownership" server setting
Drinking from a well now quenches thirst. The future is now.
Updated collision for banners and carpets
Player now respawns at last bed/bedroll they interacted with
Fixed an issue where a test NPCs could be spawned
Bows should no longer shoot in crazy directions
Fixed an issue with stacksize for items in containers

>steamcommunity.com/games/440900/announcements/detail/583617921458804698

oh lawdy lawdy

>Made more monsters able to damage structures. Some can even damage T3 buildings!
These niggers just don't want fun, do they?

Hard to tell if youre retarded or trolling. CE is the most polished EA on steam, remember ARK when it came out? It was a fuckin piece of shit.

Devs are updating several times a week with major improvements each time

>You can no longer dismantle exploded jars
and now raiders have to farm shit legit, so much steelfire

Balance and Gameplay Fixes

Heads are no longer returned when dismantling trophies.
Fixed collision on relic rocks in starting area
It is no longer possible to build on the shrine west of the river to prevent NPCs from spawning
Players can drink while underwater again
Players now respawn immediately upon dying, skipping the death camera.
This is a temporary change in order to prevent players from retaining gear after death, and a permanent solution will be implemented in the future.
Added a short delay before you can harvest a corpse to reduce the chance of accidentally hitting the corpse with a non-optimal tool
Players now unequip their weapons when logging in. This fixes a problem with animation states.
Bows should now always consume ammunition
Fixed a collision issue with the giant spider and rebalanced its attacks
Fixed an issue with explosive jars causing camera jitter when colliding with the player in build mode
Players can no longer stack placeables
Players can no longer abort attacks to increase attack speed
Made more monsters able to damage structures. Some can even damage T3 buildings!
Bedrolls and beds can only be bound to one character at a time
Make beds only have one owner, and show the owner in GUI. If you respawn, the bedroll is prioritized over the bed, so bedrolls can be used for expeditions. Please give us feedback on this change.
Players can no longer break the surrender emote by entering combat unarmed
Monsters have received unique attacks and can now knock you back
The pickaxe now suffers no harvesting penalties and give full resources from trees and rocks
You can no longer build in invalid locations if you enter building mode without moving the mouse

>Heads are no longer returned when dismantling trophies.
uh oh, at least i made it to level 30

rip pickle method

Visual Improvements

Gazelle now ragdoll properly after death
Elephants now ragdoll properly after death
Player turn rates and walk rates have been tweaked to fix animation problems
Added new equip animations for the fiber rope in 1st and 3rd person
Add social animations for the Hyena and Crocodile when they are stationary
Various tweaks to armors
Various tweaks to the male and female bodies
Various tweaks to the male and female heads and hair
The Relic Hunters now equip Relic Hunter armor pieces

Text and Localization

Added new translations for dialogues, items and user interface
Added subtitles to several voice-overs

Mods

Fixed an issue where server login would fail if you had too many mods installed

Known Issues

We are aware that crossbows still fire inconsistently. We are working on a fix
Shrines are currently not able to be placed in singleplayer mode. We are aware of this and will fix that as quickly as possible.
Yellow Lotus Potions sometimes have no effect. This will be fixed as quickly as possible, and in the meantime we recommend not using them.

>Players can no longer use chairs to travel great distances

The fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=w5rH0wpgURU
yup

>Players can no longer abort attacks to increase attack speed
sheeeeeit

>Shrines are currently not able to be placed in singleplayer mode. We are aware of this and will fix that as quickly as possible.
Ok. I'm convinced some fucker is actively trying to sabotage the fucking project. Every fucking time there's an update, there's some fucked up bug that pops up that has nothing to do with shit that was fixed.

looks like we all need beds now, they're assigned to individual players now

>>join freshly patched server
>>crashes after 6min

Cry more.

Tempted to get it, should I? I like rust

nice, knives are 100% hide on gather, no more bones and meat

fuck yes. I have a reason to make one now and won't have to deal with meat mountain anymore.

I have enough roasted steak to last a week even with item decay.

try again lad, I'm not footslut trapanon. your gaydar needs tuning

>posts anime girls
>not a footslut
pick one

Anyone else playing on the 18+ RP-PvP server? Any tips to getting raped?

>thinks chinese cartoons on a site made for chinese cartoons are indicative of anything
I thought you were just an average thirsty faggot, but I can see now that you're retarded as well

Easiest is to find someone here: forums.darknestfantasyerotica.com/index.php?forums/other-games-classifieds.25/

>darknest
Oh wow I forgot that place existed.

it's been dying a slow death

I moved to 185 but im pretty much burnt out and waiting for more content and bug fixes. I Definitely love the Veeky Forums group besides the couple of assholes who summon gods on random bases for "laffs"

>just died
>harvestin shit to start up again
>hyena comes after me
>haha faggot I'll just run to my house
>the hyena crashes through my wall
>n-nani ?!?

Are foundations as flimsy as normal sandstone walls or should our sandstone wall hold?

Hey I'm launching a server with a fresh wipe starting 2PM EST tomorrow. Considering the patch supposedly fixed the explosive jar, jump boost, self-loot and other major glitches this would be a prime time to launch a freshly wiped server with official server settings.

Direct Connect: 208.167.235.71:24000
[US East] NEW Launching Friday 2/24 2PM EST 1x/1x Fulltime Admin

Events with non-op rewards (light armor, crafting benches, t1 wheel of pain, time savers)
Reduced land claim radius
24/7 Admin Stream, I won't always be focusing on or even playing Conan.
And whatever else that sounds good that I forgot to put here.

Only real rules are no foundation spam.

Discord for admin contact: discord.gg/NkCHQNd

>1x
nahhhh son

People are going to be really put off by that 1x.

Wishing you all the best though, be what Hyena couldn't be.

5 servers now!

Will it be a vg exclusive server?
How much reduced land claim?
"24/7 Admin Stream" what do you mean?

ps
Make it x2 at least

pps
Might consider some mods on it

I would join if you made it 2x. Aside from that, and maybe a password, sounds lovely

"Admin Stream" as in you'd be able to see if I'm abusing admin powers or not at specific times, timestamp included.

Reduced land claim somewhere between .2 and .3. I can't really show how close/far that is.

Not Veeky Forums exclusive, I'd like for it to stay alive, since I'm paying for it. I want to see those slots filled.

why'd u quote me, i don't want to play on ur shitty vanilla rate server

Saw a similar post on /v/. Guess he was the guy who posted it. Also they made tweaks for the bodies and hairs, can anyone post?

Srsly, make it 2x. No one wants to spend hours chipping down trees and shit.

Make land claim like .5 and 2x/2x and I'd play on it unless someone makes (good) hyena #2

For real, you're just not even acknowledging the 2x bit. This is good shit, just don't make it so that only actual NEETs and autists are the only ones who make any progress on the server

add two more regular inhabitants if you made it 2x

honestly the server would have a better chance of staying populated if it were 2x

The idea was to compete with Official Servers that are now used goods. I'm hoping to steal some players away with this unexpected opportunity from this patch. I don't like 1x/1x that much either.

If you're pandering to a normie audience, with normie lures, why tell us. It's your server dude, do what you want, but don't expect everyone here to hop onto your shit if it isn't the 2x chant that just managed to revive thread

I use a .5 landclaim multiplier for my local game and it works surprisingly well.

2.5x for gather is what official uses for it's blitz servers. Use that instead of making it a 1x snorefest.

Does turning down landclaim also turn down despawn radius?

The despawn radius is what it is because of the landclaim radius. So, yes, it does.

How's comfy doing

Pretty comfy.

bretty gud, npc armor drops are nice

not too happy about far north though, that abandoned arena area should have NPCs but nothing is spawning.

then i found some sandstone foundations scattered around...

bring a hammer and find out who they are

x2 please

will removing the blocks allow the NPCs to respawn or are they gone for good?

They'll respawn

Is there an option for changing mobs' aggro radius for admins?

probably in a config file