Will the GT86 pull an AE86?

Do you think this car will undergo massive depreciation, suddenly be picked up by fritters all around, get swapped and molested, then skyrocket in value? I think it's going to be exactly like the original 86 in about 10 years. What do you think, Veeky Forums?

>Do you think this car will undergo massive depreciation, suddenly be picked up by fritters all around, get swapped and molested, then skyrocket in value?

No

It's not in the anime, so no.
Weebs only care about the stupid anime and the "history" of drifting

>get molested
>skyrocket value
more like take a dump on it

If the Toyobaru is "meant for modding" why did the makers purposely give it an encrypted ECU?

theyve been getting swapped and molested since day 1

they probably wont skyrocket unless some shitty cartoon about it comes out though

yes

Only if we're lucky they won't stop production in 10 years and folks will have the option to buy an old or new one. Hell, you can already get a 2014 one for under 5 digits.

Do you think Camaros will depreciate to the point of being this generation's S chassis where they are plentiful, cheap, extremely easy to mod and fast right out the gate?

It is actually, it's the last car shown in the finale.

in Norway they dropped almost 50% since launch but then they were sold here for about 58k usd

>not nearly as light
>not nearly as available
>not nearly as cheap
>not nearly as memorable
>made no real impact on car culture or manufacturing

I doubt it

BTFO
T
F
O

>58k USD

holy shit

I love the 86 and I honestly defend it more that it should be defended but dear God

Probably not, the AE86 Corolla was just a souped up economy car at heart and I don't think Toyota really predicted the following that it was going to have. The 86 GT is just a sports car with sports car value and is a lot more expensive compared to when the AE86 came out.

This. Engine swaps only hold value to a very niche market.

>2014
Under 10k

Watt

>is a lot more expensive compared to when the AE86 came out.

The GT86 is cheaper with inflation

>similar weight compared to vehicles in their respective classes
>similar cost compared to vehicles in their respective classes
>in 30 years I'd wager more people remember the sheer quantity of these cars getting around than currently remember the original.
>has reintroduced the affordable sportscar market that enthusiasts have lamented the loss of for years.

>not nearly as available
Nigga what, the 86 is one of the easiest cars to buy anywhere in the world. Getting an ae in most places was difficult in comparison

This isn't true. Adjusted for inflation and compared to cars in the relevant brackets the 86 is cheaper by a good little margin

>same license plate as AE86
>same VA as original Takumi
what did they mean by this?

Also cheaper than a 240sx

Your and idiot

>MX-5 is 400-500 lb lighter
>it is more comparable to tiny $10-20k hatchbacks than performance cars
>"reintroduced" as in other manufacturers completely ignored the idea and went on making $70k sports cars

I love riced out brz/frs/86's with giant wings tbf

you have terrible taste.

you probably like those Rocket Bunny kits as well

nice veloster, faggot

Veeky Forums will love this car in 10 years, but by then it will be impossible to find a clean one with a manual transmission that isn't overpriced

Miata is a great car, but not everyone wants a 2 seat vert for a DD

>it will be impossible to find a clean one with a manual transmission that isn't overpriced

majority of them came with a manual transmission

uhhhhhh 1. hardtop 2. the FRS has "4" seats but you really aren't going to have anyone back there other than a small kid/person.

Most modern day cars are going to struggle to ever become collectors cars simply because of how much electronics are in the car.

NEWFAG HERE. WHAT ANIME IS THIS

Around 30-35% globally are auto. Lots of auto 86s in America. Manual ones are already riced like crazy

Miata RF is worse than the vert in every way. What if I told you that a lot of 86 owners have kids?

Initial d go check it the fuck out

Wangan Midnight

Im not talking about the Miata RF. Im talking about the 1st gen Miata with a hardtop.

2 Fast 2 Furious

Ridge Racer

Bible Black

I cant see it happening, no

Top kek

rebuilt title

Ghost Slide

What the fuck are you talking about

A first gen miata with a hard top was never a competitor to an AE86. FFS it didn't even come out until the next gen corolla was being sold for 3 (3) years!

fuck I want an 86 so bad

FUCK

>encrypted ECU
encrypted ecu stops you from modding how exactly?
They even have a stripped down factory jdm version strictly because people mod the shit out of them

>>not nearly as light as an 80's car which had none the rigurous safety standards
>>not nearly as available as an JDM only car
>>around the same price
>>not nearly as memorable since it didn't have an anime about it but has been getting positive reviews by almost every single person who has reviewed it
>>reintroduced affordable RWD sports cars with focus on fun and handling at a time where there was no market for it

I swear all 86 haters are just being contrarian

stay woke.

niggas creepin

This, pretty much.

Why would it be a direct competitor to a car that debuted over half a decade earlier? I think user needs to stop watching Initial D.

I don't have an 86, but I'll give ya a 69.

>Mrcummy not being BTFO
>ever

like pottery. He should really just remove the trip if he insists on being consistently the dumbest poster on the board. Fuck, Google could have answered him within half a second.

>electrical steering

Was really liking the new "maro until I realized you can't get it without the touchscreen.

How many of you actually own a car, wrenched or drifted?

Seriously, fuck people talk some shit on this board.

>It's not nearly as light
What nigger it weighs the same as a modern corolla
>Not nearly as available
GT86s have well and truly surpassed sales for the AE86 and are easily available all over the world, unlike the AE86
>Not nearly as cheap
Cheaper ajusted for inflation
>Not nearly as memorable
the AE86 is all but forgotten by normies, it was always just a fucking corolla, the GT86 is adored by the general public.
>Made no impact on car culture or manufacturing
It was the most important release in the sports car market the year it came out, if not the most important car released in terms of changes to the industry and public opinion, the AE86 was a fucking corolla that had an input on the small world of car enthusasts cross weeb comics.

I feel like price and sales numbers are pretty significantly different between the two.

The GT has nothing to do with the AE, it only shares the numbers.
It doesn't matter if the new episodes of the show have the GT in them, that's just shameless Toyota plugging.
All the history of drifting originated with weaboos being obsessed over shitboxes, namely the ae, nobody gives a flying fuck about the GT

>All the history of drifting originated with weaboos being obsessed over shitboxes
No, the history of drifting being an affordable pastime for japanese youths had to do with shitboxes
The 86 is an affordable shitbox, it's just a new affordable shitbox, and it happens to be great at drifting (which is why toyota sells all the jap drift crews 86s without paint or wheels)

TRD lip spoiler a best

K-On!

This car doesnt have a toyota enigne. Its got the shitty N/A subaru boxer. When is toyota gonna put a turbp I6 like it should have had in the first place.

>posting more shit that's just blatantly wrong

Don't you have a cliff to oversteer off of or something?

They never will, they don't want to eat into their own profits of the premium priced Supra. Same reason they'll never ship a turbo version.

stay mad weaboo
Roll up to a car meet in a GT86, nobody will look twice at you, roll up to a meet in an AE86, everybody in the meet will be all over your nuts, I've seen it happen many times.
Nobody gives a fuckin shit about the GT.

>people would rather look at a 30-year old meme, most of which having been beaten to death or outright destroyed that they might not get a chance to see again over a car that's still in production and getting more annual revisions

You don't say?

Yes, nobody cares about the GT, that's exactly what I'm saying.
And they never will either.

Unless the gt86 gets much more popular in all kinds of racing, I don't think it will get as expensive as the ae86 in 30 years.

The ae86 was much more widely raced all over the world than the gt86 is now, which is most of the reason why it's price went up so much.

Although, having said that, when the gt86 is 30 years old there will be far fewer similar cars on the market than the ae86 had.

>86239
>Hachi-roku ni sankyuu
>thank you eight six

The clever bastards.

Okay, that's actually pretty cute.

No modern car will become a classic in 10 years.

The 86 won't even have fully depreciated by then.

True, but it's kind of a moot point when you factor in our horrendous purchasing power

Seeing how it was in Initial D. It's the LAST meme car you will ever see. So yes it will be very popular after it's discontinuation.

Trd louvers are nice too, rare however.

A majority now are being sold as autos cause normies are the buyers.

Boku no Pico

god I love these cars

Not unless it gets a meme-tier drifting anime about racing minivans on the toegay. (And losing)

thats adorbs thank you

90% of the ones for sale near me are autos

everyone cares about gt86 outside of a small contigent of basement dwellers on an anoymous east asian crayon scrapbook board.
Face the reality, gt86 is a great car, its a popular car and it has all ready surpassed ae86 in everything other than being that old cheap as fuck piece of shit everyone races because gt86 is not old and cheap yet and aftermarket for it hasn't even begun to develop properly.

The only problem with the gt86 is the power. These fuckheads say "Dude the ae86 was only like 160hp" but if you compare it to other cars in its league at that period then that's pretty average, or maybe a little above average. Today we have 4 door sedans with near 300 hp out of the factory. 200hp is just weak, not to mention the factory trans settings creating a torque dip in earlier models. That's why people hate the new 86.

Refer to I've been to many many car meets and nobody gives a flying fuck about the dudes with the GTs

kek

This

A car meet isn't the general population though, is it?

Sup GT owner?
How's that payment going?
>they might not see again
Every fucking car meet has an AE, try going outside maybe?

I my area my GT86 is already worth more than what I paid for it used. Thank god for the hideous facelift and thank god for my country not being flooded with FR-S/BRZs like the US, we only have 1 per 16,000 people.

prepare your anus user. The journey fucking begins.

You're gonna watch S01E01 and be like "I don't get it, I guess it's alright" up until
>INERTIA DORIFUTO!?
>gutter trick

then next thing you know it's eurobeat mixes, improving your own driving technique, and having "ae86" search on local craigslist bookmarked, checking it daily

Is buying a sport coupe with a rebuilt (salvage) title a good idea? Won't it have major issues?

>then next thing you know it's eurobeat mixes, improving your own driving technique, and having "ae86" search on local craigslist bookmarked, checking it daily
this is fucking cringe as fuck holy shit, 86 fanboys are the most annoying and autistic people in the car world, this has to be worse than CVPI people.

And expensive

>200hp is just weak, not to mention the factory trans settings creating a torque dip in earlier models. That's why people hate the new 86.

Damn, you are a dumb tripfag aren't you?

86 love

>butthurt fanboi

slow car is slow

Daily reminder that Veeky Forums would prefer a Fiat Multipla over the 86 if it had a better 0-60 time and higher skidpad numbers.

Benchracers and busriders will never understand how a real car person thinks.

>inb4 "what's wrong with the Mutipla?"

The fuck's up with that camber, holy shit?

I'm not saying the car is fast.

But he implied that the torque dip is due to the transmission.

And that it was only in early models.

Like I said, stupid.

Shitposters can't into logic, the torque dip is caused by restrictive tuning and exhaust