Who was in the wrong here?

>Cyclist launches road rage attack calling driver a 'f***ing lunatic' and 'terrorist' after the car failed to stop at a pedestrian crossing

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4358436/Cyclist-abuses-driver-Canberra-road-rage-incident.html

the cyclist is always at fault m8

I'm sure you'll get an slew of rational, non-biased answers here on Veeky Forums's automotive board.

this, they need to stop pretending they're lance armstrong and stay off the fucking roads

>cyclist thinks he can come shooting out the bushes through traffic.
Doesn't even matter though, anyone who wears that meme bike attire should be shot.

Fun fact, cyclist helmet cam's usually only face the direction they're looking. If you're fast, you can take them out before they look round and get your plate on camera. Uphill is best as they can't look round.

I came here ready to defend the cyclist, but it wasn't even close to a close call.

>>cyclist thinks he can come shooting out the bushes through traffic.
This. I had a similar-ish experience coming out of a parking lot that had a bunch of bushes beside it. Couldn't see over it, didn't see anyone crossing, stop anyway just before it. Pull up a bit as it was clear, and suddenly cyclist who was just speeding along on the sidewalk is suddenly bitching at me.

>failed to stop
But he did stop.

What's there to discuss? They're called PEDESTRIAN crossings, cyclists have to dismount if they want to use them. You learn that in grade school.

>car stops
>cyclefag crosses road

What exactly is the problem here?

Stupid bikefags always crying about stupid shit

This, you can be a vehicle on the road or a pedestrian but not both

>Who was in the wrong here?
>pedestrian crossing

I have no problem sharing the road with cyclists, but a cyclist isn't a fucking pedestrian unless he gets off his fucking bike and walks across the intersection.

Whether he was "shooting out into traffic" or not, he doesn't have the right of way just because stopping and starting makes his poor little legs tired.

This is the same bullshit as cyclists that run red lights or stop signs.

>not a pedestrian
>using pedestrian crossing

Also, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm about 100% certain that pedestrians are supposed to ensure that it is safe to cross before attempting to do so. Meaning, don't bolt out into the fucking road if there's a car coming who hasn't seen you.

To be honest if I were a cop in aussieland and saw this dashcam footage, I wouldn't prosecute the driver if he were to accelerate right into the cunt while he attempted to cross for being entitled enough to think he gets to disregard the law AND be a cunt to the driver.

I mean, pedestrians obviously have the right of way, but not only was he not a pedestrian, having the right of way doesn't mean that you should immediately act on it.

Yeah me too but this guy's just flat out wrong.

This sort of sidewalk->road transition is literally the most dangerous part of cycling. Wouldn't have happened if he was riding on the road.

In Canberra it's expected you stop at all crossings for pedestrians/cyclists as if they have right of way. I don't know if it's law or the people here are just nice, but its been like that since ive been here and it creeps me out when i dont even start to cross the road and i can see the next car slowing down.

When i first started driving here i almost ran someone over because i didn't know pedestrians have right of way.

Still his fault though, Canberra is really bike friendly but you always check both ways just in case.

The cyclist is legally obligated to get off his bicycle and walk it to be considered a pedestrian.
What happened in the eyes of the law is a car ran into another car that was driving across the road illegally.

You mean pretending to abuse drugs and have sack cancer?

/n/ poster here. Cyclist was wrong. We hate Fred's just as much as you do.

Pretty much this desu. The cyclist clearly fucking lost his shit over nothing

even when i see cyclists dismount i don't stop for them. ride on the road or walk on the pavement, fuckin plebs.