/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

foolz.fireden.net/vg/thread/85214974/
assemblergames.com/l/threads/more-unreleased-games-discovered-in-my-archives.65678/#post-937386
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-23-missing-usd10k-snes-game-package-found
preservation.byuu.org/Super Nintendo (USA)
reddit.com/user/Downvotecollector7/comments?activity=comments
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hynx0CpTDc
preservation.byuu.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>404
Literally why?
Did the janny have a bad day again so he had to delete it?

Don't bother

>that dumpster fire of an OP image
>"literally why?"
You know damn well why.

This was literally our default OP image years ago

I meant the one from the thread that was deleted.

So do I, check the archives

DOLPHIN ON LINUX WITH OPEN-SOURCE AMD GRAPHIC DRIVERS

I'm almost entirely sure this is not a bug in my drivers or system, but rather dolphin.

Not bothering making a bug report because they'll just disregard it, and I don't think they have any developers using open-source AMD GPUs on Linux anyway.

With most games, I have to restart the emulator multiple times before I get full fps. It is a drastic difference in fps, talking about 5-10fps vs full 30/60 fps.

I've tried every settings combination I could. It is apparently completely random. Everytime I run Dolphin I'll either get full fps, or get drastically decreased fps (talking about 90% less than full fps, it is either AWFUL performance, or PERFECT 100% performance, no inbetween).

I have a Xeon 1230v2 and RX460, running latest versions of entire graphic stack (linux kernel, mesa, llvm, xorg-server, xf86-video-amdgpu). I've tried older versions, same problem. This problem has existed since at least last year, and it also happens also on older AMD cards using the radeon (as opposed to newer AMDGPU) driver.

I get expected performance from OpenGL and CPU benchmarks using phoronix-test-suite, I get great fps in other OpenGL games/programs. My hardware is more than capable enough of running Dolphin with the games I'm trying to play full speed, and it DOES run them full speed when I get a lucky restart of dolphin.

What I have tried: Disabling all bug overrides in the source code (Source/Core/VideoCommon/DriverDetails.cpp) and recompiling, makes no difference (notably no negative difference, they probably don't even need to be there anymore).

Log files from Dolphin show no difference between a working and non-working runs of Dolphin.

>I'm almost entirely sure this is not a bug in my drivers
It is.

Forgot to note (again), the Vulkan backend always gives me full fps.

Too bad there's still a lot of graphical glitches with Vulkan in most games (like no background in Battlefield on Melee, or missing textures for fire/spirits in Twilight Princess).

It's not. Explain this then:

>I get expected performance from OpenGL and CPU benchmarks using phoronix-test-suite, I get great fps in other OpenGL games/programs.

>My hardware is more than capable enough of running Dolphin with the games I'm trying to play full speed, and it DOES run them full speed when I get a lucky restart of dolphin.

>being this new

foolz.fireden.net/vg/thread/85214974/

TOP KEK

wtf is this

What's the best libretro core for each console?
bsnes-mercury, Beetle PS1, mgba and what else?

who fucking cares
we won't see any of them anyway. just a bunch of hashes. at least if they were stolen there would be a chance they would be dumped onto the net.

Good for him. Now he can continue on his crusade to 'preserve' a bunch of dumped SNES cartridges that won't ever be released publicly, but people can look at hashes of ROMs they will never get.

Lulz.

>we won't see any of them anyway. just a bunch of hashes. at least if they were stolen there would be a chance they would be dumped onto the net.
But the games have already been dumped and you are able to download them if you don't care about 1:1 copies.

>butthurt and retardism

/btardism in full glory

Wait, he's not releasing them?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT

assemblergames.com/l/threads/more-unreleased-games-discovered-in-my-archives.65678/#post-937386

Dump when?

Saturn: med... Beetle Saturn
NES: Nestopia or FCEUmm, depends of the mapper
GBC: Gambatte
MSX: BlueMSX
Nintendo 64: Glup... Mupen64plus-libretro
8/16-bit Sega: Genesisplus GX. Use Picodrive for 32X
Arcade: FBA has more options and is less of a pain than MAME, so I use it when I can (CPS, Neogeo, Cave shit).
Other systems only have one libretro core

we killed her

>Dump when?

>assemblergames
People just go there to show off their unreleased shit. At most, you'll get some videos of the games, but nothing more.

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-23-missing-usd10k-snes-game-package-found

byuu in the nuus

preservation.byuu.org/Super Nintendo (USA)

literally for this.

people made a few comments asking if there really was a point to doing this and no one could come up with a good answer. for the average user it's worthless

just like higan updates these days

nobody who plays snes games would use that crap. it went from being viable alternative to snes9x to a wonky "accuracy" experiment.

Doesn't even matter, most games are dumped and match these hashes I believe. If any are found to be incorrect, someone else can fill in the blanks.

Thanks for that list!
How close to upstream is Beetle Saturn?

Looking at the last commits, it's still on 0.39.2. Current Mednafen is 0.41.2.

it's unusable anyway. most games run better on yabause

>You sure know a lot about me for a 'random' troll, squ... I mean, Downvotecollector7 :P

Holy shit the madman called out our boy Squarepuncher what's going to happen now /emugen/?

But that guy isn't Squarepusher, just some Leddit retard. The real Squarepusher would be instantly recognizable by the way he posts.

reddit.com/user/Downvotecollector7/comments?activity=comments

That just shows how paranoid byuu is about Squarepusher...

Interesting

My cat hit something on my keyboard while XEBRA was open and now it's running like shit and I can't figure out how to fix it. Goddamn it.

Hope you learned your lesson.

Learned my lesson for what?

To not let your cat inside your room next time.

My cat is always in my room.

Reinstall.

byuu is gay

Tell me something new

he's autistic

He cant beat OOT

He's not releasing them, but he's checking them against the known ones. If they don't match, he'll post a patch.

Anyone have that picture of byuu?

Is a stable 30fps in PPSSPP to much to ask for? This is making me fucking ill.

Are there any pics of him? The only part of him I've seen in pics are his hands.

Could be talking about squall_leonhart, who was also one of byuu's enemies.

does SP still post around here?

We're all SP.

Not anymore. I'm a real boy now.

>Tfw I made that shit

I wanna kill myself

No, he's incredibly paranoid. He uses a PO box and a fake name whenever someone mails him something. He always takes pictures with a flash so you can't see him in the reflection.

Make sure to announce it on Twitter and make a big deal about it first

What controller do you use for emulation?

Xbox 360

PS2

Depends on what I'm playing.

Xbone,PS3, PS4 or original+usb converter.

logitech g710

my only issue with it is the shoulder buttons.

I wish I could hook up a gamecube controller.

phone

youtube.com/watch?v=0Hynx0CpTDc

DS4

keyboard like real men do

So why should anyone give a shit that Byuu got his games if hes not releasing the dumps? How does anyone but him benefit?

Because we benefit from proper dumping of ROMs by a highly respected and most importantly, most authoritative member of the SNES emulation. community.

Did you bump your head, muddie?

"leaks" hopefully

otherwise no one benefits

Why has Dolphin been so fucking slow with new versions lately? Are they working on something, or have they just given up?

>no one benefits
If he finds any more with differences(he found two PAL games previously that were bad), then he'll probably just post the byte differences if they're small. Otherwise, at least we'll know which games are bad and know a byuugood hash and someone else can redump it.

No, thats just the nature of the situation. Byuu seems to give a shit about the snes. Would you trust some random with roms or someone who has a reputation for obsession to accuracy?

What he means is that Byuu's not dumping the games, whereas that's all you praised him for in your post.

His giving out the hashes, I think, and hopefully the bytes needed to patch non perfect ones, to perfect ones.

Not what I meant at all.

>His giving out the hashes, I think
preservation.byuu.org/

help I'm not getting any midi output from dosbox when using retroarch. I tested it in standalone and it works but not when using retroarch.

Using Linux, I have a fluidsynth server started that opened the software midi port 128:0. I then put that in my dosbox.conf which standalone sees and works with fine. I tried putting the same information in a config file for retroarch but it doesn't work. Anyone know what's wrong?

Dolphin is perfect already and needs no updates

bump

After beating Faulkner today for the millionth time, it occurred to me that I've been playing the same games over and over again.
Whenever I think about playing something different, I quickly lose interest before I even attempt it. Does anyone have any recommendations to get me out of this funk?

Same here. It's been this way for years. There's nothing you can do to change it.

Is that why 20% of games are rated perfect while 68% are rated playable?

the problem here is that you are using dosbox through RA. seriously don't bother

Which is the best GBA emulator for Android?
I was using Retroarch with VBA Next. It runs great but it drains the batter way too fucking fast.
I got a moto g4.

Last I check mGBA was even less resource intensive than VBA-Next, so that. If that's still not enough go with gpSP.

Desmume keeps crashing on me randomly
what should I do?

Download the latest git version.
Make sure you're using a decent dump.

>controller
Playing with a keyboard is where it's at.

Depends.

For 3D games, I tend to use my DualShock 4.
For 2D games I like to use my Classic Controller.

I've been contemplating using a Wii U Pro controller in place of the Classic, but it's so fucking comfy.

I have a PS3 and a Gamecube controller for the 7th or so gen and beyond. I also have a USB SNES controller for older systems (also for gba/nds games) becuase the D-pads on any more recent controllers are shit.

Anyone know if the Riva TNT works in Windows 95 yet?

I also might get an n64 controller because my friend is trying to get me into smash 64. We'll see.

If you're using Mesa this is 100% a driver bug.

>Using AMD with dolphin

wtf

just bought a FAT OLED Vita for 80€

it's on 3.36 so I'm gonna henkaku the hell out of it

so I want to run native snes9x
or retroarch with a different snes core?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This was the best outcome really but I bet he feels stupid now.

Is that Doom being played on a 360 emulator or something?

You both make me sick

So does Texture Perspective Correction just not work for Spyro? Getting texture stretching near the camera, and it worked when I tried Tomb Raider.