Winters

Winters
Now that Winter is over does Veeky Forums have any reflections on their tire choice?

I chose the particularly knobby Hankook Winter i-Pike RS studded for the shit Canadian winter we had and did pretty well. Watched a car full of aussie snowboarders spinout and roll over in front of me on the way to Banff and had pleanty of grip to avoid the idiots.
Only downside is my mileage was shit, almost cut in half over what I get with my low profile summer sports.

How did you do?
stories?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RlNhD0oS5pk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Blizzak WS80 best tire

Currently trying Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 for summer. Hoping it has as good of traction as dedicated summer times but with longer tread life

when I lived in Vancouver Conti was my tire of choice, they sucked just as bad as Pirelli in the rain but lasted 3x as long

Goodyear Duratrac Wranglers. We had a pretty lousy (mild) winter in Wyoming but the 3 times I actually drove in weather those things kicked ass.

>Now that winter is over
what winter?

Was super mild in the midwest, asides from one surprise storm in Dec and a few dustings in Jan, it was unseasonably bare for the Chicago area.

I live in Norcal so I can just run my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ all year with no worries. FGM.

Some old studded retreads. They worked well enough.

I ran General Altimax this winter.

It didn't snow once since I put them on in January :/

hancook v12 evos, did pretty good

Have these for Florida and they Are boss. I slammed my brake down on heavy rain to test it and I only slid like maybe two feet. These are fucking great value tires.

> Didn't change from the usual all-seasons
> No issues whatsoever

Must suck having to use winter tires.

Haha
No

Bought a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 SUV in 245/70/16 to replace the god-awful 8 year old Dean Wintercats that came with it. Fantastic tire in every aspect for my usage

Switched back over to the Wintercat set to save my good tires and studs for the remainder of the season, and the difference is astounding. I had more traction in RWD with the Hakkas than the Wintercats in 4WD

Ran Altimax on my Mazda3 as well and definitely got a few good snowy days in. All things considered, I guess they get the job done but they don't replace the fact that the Mazda3 is a very lightweight car with light steering so it's not that great for snow driving to begin with.

My sister runs them on her Altima and holy fucking shit is that thing grippy in the snow. I didn't even need to dig myself out.

This.

>7 months with no insects, easy drifts and a climate that scares away immigrants
Its really not that terrible

7yr old Firestone Precision Sport
Didn't slip, spin or slide once. Drove 5 over all winter long.

On the downside, you have to be cold for 7 months out of 12.
I'll just stick with non-EU non-middle east migrants, thanks. The wave of nepalese ones are working fairly well.

Who said I was ever cold? I dress properly and I'm very much used to the cold temperatures, and as such I dont freeze at all

>studs
nigga thats illegal

Only if you live in terrible places

If you live in a place that has made studs illegal, its easy to assume 2 things right away.

1) Its a shitty place to live
2) The roads are absolute shit year round.

i had bald chink tires on my frontier and had no problem getting around.

heh never thought of it that way. maybe that's why I have never had a problem with immigrants. If they want to be here that bad they gotta be alright.

honestly it is pretty rad when you open your front door and a wave of ice fog hits your face and that initial sting of cold triggers Led Zeppelin to run through your head and this becomes your soundtrack for the day, week, month:

youtube.com/watch?v=RlNhD0oS5pk

Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2, are awesome, light, quiet, capable on ice, awesome in snow. But don't take them where wheel spin on stones is possible, they are too soft for that, thread gets damaged.

I'm glad it's finally done. We had a really bad winter around here, but my winter tires did the job well. I ran Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's, and they did a good job with all the rain we had here in Monterey. I'm actually keeping them on for a bit, we might still get some rain in the next month but then it's done until November. Had to deal with some real chilly temperatures too, got down near freezing overnight a few times. All in all pretty rough, the worst winter we've had in a long time.