Why does Veeky Forums hate new BMWs...

Why does Veeky Forums hate new BMWs? Granted their not as small and easy to work on as they were in the 80s (no brands are), but this thing is easily the most fun big sedan I've driven besides the new CTS.

Other urls found in this thread:

topgear.com/videos/chris-harris-drives/chris-harris-drives-lexus-gs-f-vs-bmw-m5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you'll notice Veeky Forums likes cheap cars and hates expensive ones.

Weird how poor fags hate what they can't have.

Same story on /gg/.

Just ignore poorfags.

We really need a patrician chan where you have to show a tax return with 6 figs on it or something.

Because shitty modern car design. Because they're focusing on gimmicks like gesture control, 3d view around your car that you can see on your phone, and parking the car remotely from the key fob instead of making the ultimate driving machine like it used to be. Because they're actively making life difficult for anyone who wants to do their own maintenance. Because they're watered down to sell units.

>instead of making the ultimate driving machine like it used to be.

Except they're not neglecting that. The new 5 is still at the top of the segment regarding driving dynamics. Only Cadillac and Jaguar are near equitable with it with their CTS and XF.

You can still maintain a new BMW yourself. They're just built differently than American and Japanese cars are. They're not really more complicated per se, just designed differently. The only expensive BMW specific weird thing you'll need for maintaining a new BMW is their custom scan tool, but you can get those for $150 and considering these are $40,000 to $80,000 cars, that's not very much.

except they're going from basically perfect to just "best in segment". it's like winning the special olympics. even if you win you're till retarded.

it's the little things. like not having a dipstick

Because 90% of the people on this board are 15 year olds who jack off watching stupid Chinese cartoons about drifting 80 horsepower shit box commuter cars around like they're racecars. I've had four bimmers, they're great cars. I'm not a huge fan of the current crop of bimmers because I have a totally irrational hatred of turbochargers, but they're still good cars.

almost no new cars come with dipsticks (excluding some very cheap shitboxes)
hell Porsche 911's haven't had dipsticks since the late 90's

I don't see a lot of people non ironically thrashing
corvette, gtr, c63, gt350, alpha 4c, cayman, cts-v, top trim camaros, s-class, F-Type, m2, viper, etc.
Its just that modern cars tend to have some flaws and the more expensive cars tend to be the ones with the most gadgets and modern bullshit (no dipstick).

yeah it's funny how Veeky Forums hates the mclaren f1

oh wait, you're just a retard.

It seems other makes have caught on to how to make a sports sedan; there are way too many reviews of newer BMWs complaining about BMW going soft. The "magic" has worn off. They never have been the best when it comes to interior ergonomics either. Their cost of ownership and reliability has seen miniscule improvements since the beginning of time.

Add all of that up and you start to question less when Jeremy Clarkson and Chris Harris both reach the same conclusion that this car is a better driver's car than any of its German competitors, etc.

I don't like cars that cost more than they should for what I use them for

>dont need a status symbol
>don"t want a fancy touch screen sterio
>don"t care about heated steats/electric shit that will just break
>don"t care it took 10 cows to make the leather interior
>I hate stealerships/stuff you cant service yourself easily
>costs a shitload if something breaks

I don't really hate expensive cars, I just don't need one and probably will never buy one.

>t. poorfag who daily drives a drift missile to community college

>paying $90k for a pigfat nip box than can't even break 4 seconds to 60 mph

I'll save $10k and get the faster and superior sports sedan

>corvette
constant memes about it's cooling systems and the GTR beating it
>GTR
Constant shitting on it for being a V6 and an overpriced Nissan
>C63
Constant thrashing for it being expensive, complicated german trash and an old mans car
>Cayman
Understeer shitposting
>CTS-V
Constant trashing for it being American, having a shit UI, bad controls and having a pushrod
>Camaros
Constantly shat on for poor visibility, being American, pushrod, overpriced, overcomplicated, overheating
>S-Class
Constantly mocked for being pigfat, overpriced, overrated, for old people, Arabs and being German
>F-Type
>British reliability
>M2
Mocked for being a modern BMW, not being simple or cheap enough and being turbocharged
>Viper
Mocked for being American, being manual only, having no side impact bags, being expensive, and being pushrod

>I'll save $10k

Until the warranty ends.... sure.

And benchracers need not apply in the first place.

>gets BTFO due to car being a slow piece of shit and worse in every performance category
>m-muh d-driving experience

pay an extra $2k for a extended warranty and I'm good.

>driving experience is the least important factor
>m-muh numbers on a data sheet

Confirmed busrider.

not him but the new 5 series is a blast to drive.

That's truly great.

>so BTFO he resorts to the totally original bus rider insult

the GS-F is an overpriced nip box that gets destroyed by literally every competitor except a Italian V6 shitbox.

pic related

There's literally no other explanation for your disconnect from reality other than you don't actually drive your own vehicle.

i drive a boat so i know what a boat feels like to drive

News Flash: your entire argument just collapsed on itself

I thought you had to be 18 years of age to post here?

Or it could be that members of my immediate family have owned BMWs going back for nearly 2 decades now and with the sheer amount of stupid shit I've seen break and exorbitant parts/repair bills resulting from said breakage don't help Bimmer's case.

$5k to replace some simple circuitry going to the infotainment system after it shorts? eat my ass, BMW.

My grandparents wanted to buy me a new BMW when I graduated high school, and I had to find a polite way to tell them how fucking stupid of an idea that was.

I'm 20 so whats your point?

Have you even driven a GS-F? They are extremely heavy and expensive for what they offer performance-wise. It makes no sense to buy one over an E43 amg or S6

The point is you appear to have the mental capacity of an adolescent.

One clear sign is the inability to retain information for longer than 50 minutes. GSF would have an overall lower cost of ownership than anything from Germanyn yet you continuously call it expensive, like the poor person you are.

You sound like a fedora tipper who doesn't know especially much about what you're talking about. That'd explain your bench-racer projections.

A 5 series isn't going to run you $10,000 in maintenance unless you know absolutely nothing about working on cars yourself.

drop off in quality, increase in price, and pun of it being called a black man's wiener

3 strikes and it's out of here.

I like the older BMW models, new ones are just a joke

We are talking about driving dynamics first of all, not reliability. I never made a point that the BMW is more reliable. You pay an extra $2k in an extended warranty and still have a cheaper car that has much better performance.

High-end performance cars like the nissan GT-R, corvette, and audi R8 are much less mechanically reliable than the GS-F. But that doesn't take away the fact they are better performance vehicles.

I don't know why calling me poor adds any support to your argument.

Planned obsolescence

You're right, we did get side-tracked.

That's absolutely wonderful that we're all in agreement that the Lexus is not only a better-feeling car to drive, which used to be BMW's hallmark, but also that it is cheaper to maintain, making it a better vehicle in virtually every aspect than the BMW 5-Series with any engine configuration.

the autism is strong with this one

No one besides you is saying that the GS-F is a better "drivers car". The only part of your statement that is right is that the Lexus is cheaper to own long-term.

If the GS-F wasn't so expensive i might say its the better car but sadly its $90k while offering worse performance than any other car in its segment.

>a better vehicle in virtually every aspect than the BMW 5-Series with any engine configuration
So now the GS-F is even better than an M5? Hmm ok that totally makes sense

I certainly value your thoughts on this matter over those of people who have driven cars as their dayjob for longer than you have existed on this earth, such as Chris Harris.

topgear.com/videos/chris-harris-drives/chris-harris-drives-lexus-gs-f-vs-bmw-m5

Oh, look at that. The Lexus had less power (and cost less apparently), yet still was more enjoyable to drive.

On top of already conceding that less shit will break during ownership, frankly I am failing to understand where you are coming from.

e>g>f

>tfw too poor for a new 7 series
>tfw too poor for a new BMW
>tfw too poor for a proper BMW in the first place
One day

Go to a stealership. Literally every 18yo girl fresh out of high school gets approved for a lease.
A base model with halogens no lease.

I fell for that once, got dealt the biggest pile of shit E60 530d BMW of all time. THe fucking thing had an OBD cheater device or some shit that masked the real mileage by god damn 400k.
I am still paying for that piece of shit, no way in hell can I buy a new BMW at the moment.

what website is that?

Have you got it serviced yet?

he said dealership not an used car dealer. 400k km is not that much for a bmw diesel btw.

consider yourself lucky to be able to get old unmolested bimmers
poor tasteless fags ruin everything and i mean EVERYTHING

Oh orry, I am not all that bright when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Also, it was cheated by 400k, the car already had 300k km on the clock, real mileage was around 689k km.
Pretty much everything was broken on that car, it was in such a sorry state. Everything looked fine when I bought it, then fell apart after a few weeks.

>can't even break 4 seconds to 60 mph
>caring about acceleration this much
not everything is about speed José

>poorfag car
>driven by white trash
>80% driven by biggest cunts
>100% unreliable
>most Veeky Forums owners seem to think it nets them >pussy meaning they're limpdick virginvalking >enlightened atheists

still better than audi and despite not being want to be caught driving a bmw I'd still want one for a drift missile

I'dk that seems like a really good position to be. 11th of all the sport sedans in world.
It is also the only option if you don't like panameras look and know of german reliability

the e60 is probably more prone to breaking at such mileage, and even though i've seen several e60's with 400-600k km they are not as dead reliable as e46 diesels, my friend used to have a 2001 e46 330d with 910k km. The car has around >950k km (~600k miles) and still going strong

>poorfag car
I am a poorfag and I can only dream about affording an M2 or 540i G30, how are they poorfag cars? lmao

because here used bmw's are cheaper than used moskwitches rivas and ladas and shit.
Every poorfag drives a bmw. They don't buy it because it's rwd they buy it because it's a bmw.
Just like audis.

This. Not to mention most of these cars are pretty good on price vs performance compared to BMW. When you can get a v8 Camaro for the same price as an i4 or barebones i6 BMW, it kind of reflects poorly on the brand. Not to mention the "German Engineering" which makes working on the car and aftermarket capability inferior to some of these other brands.

>100% unreliable
More like 95% in my opinion. I DD and have driven what are considered the most unreliable BMWs of all time with very little problems. Sure my dad managed to blow up the transmission of my "new" BMW but I wouldn't call them unreliable cars despite that. Autotragic transmissions from my experience are unreliable after age manages to creep up on them.

Even now I drive a neglected old BMW, always gets me to work, home and wherever I want to.

The car wasn't broken per se, it always got me around, but it ended up having way more problems than I thought, didn't pass inspection with all that shit going on. Funny thing, I never suspected the car having any bigger problems until I got it inspected. Never left me stranded on my frequent 600km trips to my parents place and back either, once the waterpump failed but I managed to complete the trip to my parents place by melting snow and using the water as coolant, which the thing was slowly leaking.
To be honest, I hated this car. Didn't even bother naming it.

Veeky Forums hates cars, newfag

>>poorfag car
>>driven by white trash

Nothing but Hindus around here. They are even in the dealerships.

> Veeky Forums hates new and expensive anything, because they're trying to be edgy hipsters
> I-i d-d-d-d-don't want an expensive c-c-cuh-cuh-car anyway!
> I don't limit myself to hating only new BMWs. I hate all german cars, especially BMWs.

How a car drives is heavily subjective, it varies from person to person. Just because a few high end car reviewers think one thing of a car doesn't mean their opinion is the only correct opinion.

Your entire argument is based upon entirely your feelings of how a car drives while mine is based on both feeling and facts. The M550i puts down better numbers across the board, let alone the M5.

Go pay $90k for your V8 toyota and have fun getting smoked by cars that cost half as much as yours while jerking yourself off to your car's "superior driving dynamics". You sound like the idiots who try to justify buying a brz lmao

its literally in last place....thats not a good position to be in

The V8 Toyota is the better car. Deal with it.

>loses to every competitor in the segment
>lol goys its totally the best car because fuck boi Clarkson said its better

5 series is the superior car. Deal with it

BMW lost credibility when they started expanding their lineup into pointless crossovers and econobox hatchbacks leased to every 16yo girl with daddybas a cosigner.

BMW lost credibility again when they started piping engine sound through the stereo speakers.

BMW lost credibility again when they started producing FWD vehicles.

BMW is shit.