/dng/ - Dueling Network General

Thread #2461

Cute Decks Edition

Last thread: New summoning mechanic: Link Summon
Explanation: ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/

● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
>YGOPro (Windows): mediafire.com/file/baj95caex5si0n3/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy.exe
>YGOPro (Mac): mediafire.com/file/jpok5ejx0fvlu5k/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy-nopics.dmg
>High Quality YGOPro Images: ygopro.co/Forum/tabid/95/g/posts/t/23339/The-Ultimate-HQ-Card-Project
>Manual Card Updates (place inside the expansions folder): github.com/Ygoproco/Live2017

Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook, last updated 6/27/15:
yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf

>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players:
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market:
yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html

>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/

>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator:
yugioh.party/

>Official /ygo/ ruling test:
testmoz.com/466984

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Tyranno's Rage (February 25th)
●OCG Starter Deck 2017 (March 25, 2017)
●OCG: Code of Duelist (April 15th)

●TCG: Raging Tempest (February 10th)
●TCG: Fusion Enforcers (February 24th)
●TCG: Duelist Saga (March 31st)
●TCG: Structure Decks Machine Reactor & Dinosmasher’s Fury (April 13th)

Before asking to be spoonfed, try the following:
● READ THE OP
● Read the cards carefully
● Lurk and read the archives
● Google your deck before you post it here. If your deck is/was competitive it will probably have topped an event, see the provided links above
● Most games have single rounds or a best of three match; matches are encouraged as they teach you to make use of your side deck for tournament play

Other urls found in this thread:

gtsdistribution.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=CB6EA19CE5584197AD7667E56B614538
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

link release when?

You forgot to add Pendulum Evolution to the OP.

So why are people saying Synchro is dead?
can't they spit out tokens for links?
Why are they more dead than XYZ or Fusion?
Is this more synchrofags playing their long standing victim card or is this a legit complaint?

Any spicy tek for Link?

No one cares.

Speaking of, can ghostrick be viable now in this link heavy universe?

You can only use face up materials to link & they can lock out your extra zone with socute basically forever. This and a marginally slower game could work out pretty cool for them.

If nothing else since I guess you can now have 6 monsters on the field at once skeleton mill gimmick decks can kill 1-2 turns faster.

xth for Konami are rubbing salt in the pendulum wound
>before moving to your Extra Deck to be Pendulum Summoned back

If there's barely any demand for the products in the box that means the prices won't be high at all, literally startime is the only card in the set with potential to be over 10 bucks.

They aren't. It's synchro babys with a massive victim complex.

Synchro's Lightning and Drancia is on the level of F0 to summon.

They aren't more dead than xyz is what I meant

The bad thing is that they can adapt to just spamming Link so you can't flip them g2.

Alot of XYZ based decks just spit out a single monster, do something with it, then set 4 and recycle their engine that lets them XYZ. E.G Harpies, Tellerknights, Charmers(Lol), Red-eyes/Blue-eyes, Gadjets, Heroes.
Alot of Synchro decks either need to spit out 3 synchro's at once so their board doesn't break to a single Raigeki or shit and Quasar builds are slowed down so much by this that they're even more unplayable. Fusion decks are half/half, some fusion decks need multiple fusions out for the same reason Synchro's need to, but others just make a single Overpowered card and call it a day and recycle their shit to play them again next turn E.G Shaddolls, Glad beasts and eidolons.
basically the fact that Synchro decks need much more of their deck to be composed of combo pieces so they can't run as much backrow/disruption or it'll fuck with their ability to spit out monsters, and also not having alot of cards that allow them to recycle their resources to make a second synchro after the first one dies.
I think Synchrofags are overreacting a little but them and Pends do have it the worst with the rule change.

But again, you can just facedown all their shit so they can't use them to make links, right? Or lock out the extra zone?

I'm sure it's not super amazing, especially as links get power crept, but it's legit aint it?

So basically, the new rules make Synchro "ace" cards alot harder to summon while XYZ cards just need to stack their shit on-top of eachother then right?
Seems like a fair complaint then.

Synchro already have to build their entire deck around things that die to Kaijus (which, once broken, cannot be rebuilt since they used all their resources), and now they have even more hoops to go through, while XYZ-centric decks are barely bothered.

Pends, however, are just fucking dead and it's sad.

So, Because Synchro decks need more monsters to do their combo's consistently they don't have as much deck-space to toss in alot of back row, and they needed the 3 mosnter unbreakable fields because they didn't have the recursion that XYZ and fusion had?
I guess that explains why Synchrofags are perpetually asspained.

I'm predicting that link monsters are going to be near invincible. They may not have insane abilities right now but I bet anything the power creep will be a ton faster and hardly a creep with them.

Friendly reminder that we could have full playsets of all of these for around $30.

>Ultra Rare
Startime Magician
Astrograph Sorcerer

>Super Rare
Chronograph Sorcerer
Iris Magician
Black Fang Magician
White Wing Magician
Violet Poison Magician

>Common
Xiangke Magician (prev. Booster only)
Dragoncaller Magician (prev. Booster only)
Archfiend Eccentrick (prev. Booster only)
Enlightenment Paladin (prev. Booster only)
Pendulumgraph of Ages
Amazing Pendulum (allows you to move Magicians out of the ED pile into your hand, so this is an important one)
Upstart Goblin (first reprint since 2012)
Pendulumgraph of Spacetime

You're looking at $50-$60 for playsets because of KoA's jewery. Thanks a bunch, you American cunts.
Oh, and Zarc is now "Z-ARC", and he's still in Maximum Crisis and not this set, because fuck you buy more booster packs.

Well, it becomes whether you can flip them down fast enough using your S/T, since they'll enter the BP with as many Link as possible.
Locking the EMZ is also a bit of a gray zone with the lack of Q&A.

Basically, business as usual.

So because synchro decks have 0 recursion and can't even make unbreakable boards anymore, they're a lot worse off because than XYZ and Fusion?

So rating the level of suffering from the changes Pendulum>Synchro>Fusion>=XYZ be relatively accurate?

>Upstart Goblin (first reprint since 2012)
for real? Maybe TCG will finally put that shit to 3 again.

>rarity bumping cards that will die forever the moment the new rules kicks into place
I love the design behind them and how it makes them play, but I think I will refrain.

It'll be pricey since they'll make it an Ultra Rare.

OOOOOHHHHH BABY!!!!!!

Felgrand.dek is okay for a budget R8 deck right?

gtsdistribution.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=CB6EA19CE5584197AD7667E56B614538
>all foil
>no mention of Secret Rares
this might not be so bad

I don't actually think Synchro decks will suffer all that much.
You probably just need to re-focus.

I mean. Thinking purely about Links, it looks to me like Synchro decks have something of an edge over Xyz and Fusion decks.
Unlike with Synchro, Xyz, and Fusion, Link summoning is rather indiscriminate. Looks like it's purely a numbers game, and no matching like with the other methods.

And if you disregard having to match monsters, Synchro decks are pretty damn good at just shitting out monsters repeatedly.
And assuming that Link monsters will actually be good. Which I have almost no doubts about, then Synchro decks will likely be great Link decks with the capability of Synchro summoning. Which will probably leave them fairing pretty ok.

Yep.

Okay so for the high quality ygopro images thing in the OP, how the hell do I get the rarities?

Let's see Doppel Warrior.
>If this card is sent to the Graveyard as a Synchro Material
See what I mean?

There's plenty of other things that trigger on just leaving the field though, but if you also consider them, seems like building a true link-focused deck is better.

This.
Synchro's future hinges purely on how much they can mooch off links because of how amazing they are at spitting out small tokens.

4th Eternal Reminder that Red-Eyes is best Dragon Bro

>They said no ED allowed so we died just to be on the table edition

Red-eyes is the best bro but he's also the ultimate loser with how much Konami fucks him over.

>The best summoning method not nerfed by links
GOD BLESS THE WORLD!

I kinda just realized Invoker is a one card (not technically but you know what i mean) Missus Radiant pretty much everytime...

I'm starting to get even more fearful for that guy now.

But Pendulums got hit pretty hard.

>Red-Eyes
>You'll never do another first turn 3 Flare Metals again

What is some good generic support Cubics could use to get better? A recent example is the new Foolish for S/T. What else could Konami release to help them without specific Cubic support.

A good engine to get their Link spam started since Duja floats

Get a trip ffs.

The set could end up being extremely cheap like most of Destiny Soldiers. Nearly everything in that set is below a buck except for Allure and two Darklords.

It sucks though. I buy structures and a few singles here and there for casual play. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on shit that should be way cheaper. They fucked over the light and dark decks all those years ago and made the new cards secrets. I expect the pendulum cards in this set to be cheap while the generic reprints to be expensive. They're going to have to put some good generic shit in here to get people to buy. Everyone knows Links are coming so Pendulums aren't going to sell anymore.

FREE MY NIGGA EXCITE BIKE KNIGHT

Nice one

Trips are gay and cancerous

I'm thinking about picking one up just in case, a construct too.

WILL SUBTERRORS BE GOOD?

Remember when ABC was the meta?

he dies

>Changing a starter deck into a box set
Kek penudums are truly dead

>Trips are gay and cancerous
Fits you perfectly

Nope. They're terrible.

After Links Spyrals will at the very least get a little bump. For what it's worth. But it seems pretty clear that Konami didn't want Spyrals to be all that great.

Subterrors are still utter crap though. Just play generic goodstuff flip shit instead of Subterrors and you'll do much better.

>will have to pay £60 for a box
>I won't get 3 of every card
Konami of Europe, for once please step in and release this shit as a Structure Deck for us. This is pure cancer.

Do you have the art for this card somewhere? So that I could potentially print it myself.

>tfw quit the day they banned rulers so all I have is duea era dolls and dragons and synchro shit

Once Neo Hoshiningen comes, they have potential to become meta again.

>Trips are gay and cancerous
Fits you like a glove then.

>Free soul charge and 10 minute players mad
Stay that way.

I don't know. I just googled Utopia the lightning orica and found that image

Ancient tek

>Making a set out of shit that could have just been a structure.
>Entire set will be useless a few months later.
But why?

Jewart.

>Free soul charge
As in put it to 3 or the fact that Synchrofags can do it for free?

Because they don't want to release a Structure Deck in June, I guess? It's fucking retarded from a player point of view but maybe from a business perspective SDs don't sell in the summer whereas a mini-set might sell more over time?

Any one that would have cared enough to get multiple structure decks knows pendulums are a dead mechanic walking.
Jewart's just using this as an opportunity to sell more boosters to little kids that don't know better.

>sell more over time
>pendulums
>over-time
>at this point
No.

Kids would still buy the packs as they're watching Arc-V, Vrains won't air for a long while and the Link shit isn't going to have any anime marketing behind it in the west.

If they had kept it a structure I would have bought it as a last hurrah to pendulums. But screw that now.

I was actually going to buy 3x of the SD so that I could play OEM as at least a petdeck. Now I'm going to have to wait for singles unless they say you can get 3 of everything in one box, which is never ever going to happen.

I was gonna buy four because I really like the magicians, even after konami fucked up iris.

I only need 2 Startimes and the second in the emergency situation I ever need to summon it. How much would be its price if it is (and probably will be) secret?

Cause I may not feel as if wasting much money if I was gonna buy 3 structures in the first place

>A pointless pendulum set.
Still wishing for a SP based on villain decks. But i know that's only a dream. Villain decks exist only to be shit on.

Arc-V doesn't even come on basic TV. I think it comes on Nicktoons but for most cable companies that's a higher tier channel. I doubt kids are going out of their way to watch it online.

user, Destiny Soldiers had a Darklords (non-fusion) and Fusion Enforcers while having Predaplants as covers actually had Envokers as the better archetype.

So there is a probability Pendulum Evolution has some non-pendulum archetype as the actual bettter one

I'd say $5 at most. The set is dead on arrival since Zarc Magicians, while decent, can't beat Zoo so no one will want to buy them. Plus no one will want to buy them with Links on the horizon that will nerf them.

The site doesn't say anything about Secret Rares though, just UR and SuR. Is this normal? Will the set actually have SRs?

Am I the only one who hates him?

Everyone hates him.

>Cucknami of Europoor lets Jewmani of America cuck the Europoors

I feel fucking bad that you guys have it worst than us.

Maybe, but this is a tcg exclusive set. I doubt they are making a tcg exclusive archetype outside of the main sets.

>read back two years ago on most casual forums when his collection was apparently stolen
>everyone sucking his dick

People gave him money didn't they?

OH BABY

Do you like opening boxes, /dng/?

Most of those ''extra boosters'' have a high density of secrets. Fusion Enforcers and Destiny Soldiers are examples of those. Making Startime, Astrograph and Chronograph secret while the remainder super seems possible.

Wouldn't be surprising if they also reprint Phantom Knights cards and Crystal Wing to try to sell the booster

No, not really.

of course

A Crystal Wing reprint seems rather due. The card's almost a year old by this point.

I wonder if they intend to add the extra shit we weren't slated to get in Pendulum Evolution's structure deck into the booster pack, like Tune Magician and shit.

The description says Pendulum era reprints. They're just going to reprint recent good shit. Maybe they'll put shit from the SP packs like Omega, Force Strix and Tribute Lanius in it to sell the pack. It isn't going to sell based on Pendulums afterall.

Maybe.

I'm going to fucking kill myself if they bloat this set out with the Dimension Box reprints.

>like Tune Magician and shit
Seems plausible. There isn't much in it aside of the Yuus' cards

Why? Those'll be the cheap ones if they decide to reprint PK and other Good Stuff along with it.

JEWART REEEEEEEEEE!!!

I'm honestly surprised some autist hasn't tried to kill him yet.

Doesn't stop their XYZ summons.

They are too busy trying to assassinate those that invented the Extra Zone

Well, I think I will stay with my Odd-Eyes Empowered Magicians.

What is this, cute decks for ants?

>not using our Lord and savior Supreme King Dragon Zarc

What's wrong with YGO Pro? Why is it down?

It's fine for me.

The fuck is wrong is wrong with that card? Does it count as all of them or?

Yes, it counts as all of them.