Exhaust

Has anyone here fixed or upgraded their vehicle's exhaust system?

What did you do?

I replaced my car's catalytic converter. It runs great now but the muffler is still broken so I plan on replacing it too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-2XNi9YP8eM
youtube.com/watch?v=iXxdB5KHMso
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm gonna buy a F-Sport exhaust soon. Horribly overpriced for an axleback, but fuggit. I'm autistic about OEM parts with this car.
youtube.com/watch?v=-2XNi9YP8eM

Replaced the pigfat muffler on my 97 f150 with a cherry bomb. Sounds pretty good now for a shitty 4.2 v6.

Don't just cut out the catalytic converter unless you're broke or don't have an alternative.

Modern cats have miniscule losses and unless you have a 1.6l or smaller engine, you're doing some serious pollution and a cat would help elevate that.

Otherwise you're going to see the biggest improvements in headers on most cars.

>Headers and downpipes for performance
>Mufflers for sound
>High flow cats so you aren't producing deadly carbon monoxide

Highly reccomend thrush brand from autozone. Sound better than flowmaster at hLf the fucking price

>he actually believes global warming is a bad thing

I put all this under my miata in 2010 - less than $200 shipped. It's still completely rust-free and sounds great. That tiny pipe on the right with a resonator in it... I replaced my cat with that fucker.

man how many damn chambers do you need in an exhaust system? i just put an ISR in my 90 mx-5 and all it has is a muffler and a resonator in place of the catalytic converter so 2. you got 4 somehow

>He thinks carbon monoxide is carbon dioxide.

My headers are about 15cm long before they interconnect into the turbo. Please tell me how much more powah I could get with articulate stainless headers.

Hmm... I'm seeing a cat, resonator, muffler, and a modified fart cannon. He needs to lose the cannon.

how do i make sure what comes out of my exhaust is cleaner? can I just wedge one of those fancy cone intakes into the exhaust?

Yeah I got berk hfc's with a invidia gemini cbe.

> Why 3 resonators and a muffler?

It's to make it quiet and sound deeper. I have the deepest-sounding miata I've ever heard and it is quiet at stop lights so I don't bother the other people around with shitty 1.8L 4-cylinder noise.

youtube.com/watch?v=iXxdB5KHMso

I had bought an Invidia N1 catback for my Toyobaru but I took it off because it's drone city on the highway.

What the fuck is your camera mounted with? Hummus?

I did my entire exhaust on my Silverado, hooker headers, catless y pipe, and a straight pipe into a dynomax race bullet with turndown. Smells like gas and sounds like small dick syndrome, but I like it.

...it's...
...It's my phone strapped in front of my mouth with a belt around my head...

I know of no other way and only have a phone and a DSLR that doesn't do video.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Perfectly acceptable way to mount a phone

Actually, I just looked, and I was holding my phone in my left hand for that vid, hence why I moved it to the steering wheel every time I needed to shift.

>buys aftermarket exhaust to make it sound quiet

Bwhahahahaa

Seconded. Especially the thrush Welded ones. Nice deep tone for 30 bucks

Poor man's GoPro

GoPoor

Replaced the entire exhaust system for my mk3 GTI VR6, bought an OBX header, magnaflow hi-flow cat, resonator and muffler for 500$ off kijiji

Replaced my 06 Mustang GT's stock exhaust with the Flowmaster Outlaws.
They are loud as fuck now. Like, too loud even. But it sounds so fucking good now

I swapped the cats for high flow units, and replaced the cat back exhaust with slightly larger diameter tubing, separate mufflers and an x-pipe.

Sounds bretty good

If you have a good engine all you need is a straight pipe and cats if your state requires emissions control. I have a 3.6 Chevy v6. Sounds good straight piped but I'm thinking about a couple of chambered exhausts to deepen the tone and quiet it down a tad.

I have a Borla exhaust on my 03 GT, sounds like straight sex with that overrun burble.

You basketball Americans sure like the fancy rims.

I bet it smells like Newports in there.

Lol its not mine. I have the same tint, tail lights and paint job but I'm rocking steelies and stock headlights with eyelids painted on.

Why yes, yes I do have exhaust.

So... it smells like Newport 100's and Backwoods?

coco butter and bud

>not drinking tap water like a real human bean

>smoking weed in your car

Patrician as fuck. Honestly, not kidding, I love smoking ganj while driving.

That said, your car is a racial stereotype.

tap tastes like shit man. you know whats bangin? smart water. yea, i said it. that meme tier distilled goodness is where its at.

I used to smoke weed in it then I figured it was trashy. So I shampooed everything and now it smells clean all the time. I'm white btw. I cut way back on weed too.

>not smoking at least an 8th a day
whew, how do you do it? Lmao

i used to smoke an eighth to a quarter a day, through college and into my professional career. then one day, i just woke up and didn't like it. just quit then and there. fuck pot such a waste of money and life.

>Worrying how people perceive your smoking habits.

You were doing it wrong; you're supposed to overcome the paranoia and stop giving fucks, not give into paranoia and let others dictate your personal choices.

I used two beer can, exhaust patch wrap and a pair of hose clamps to mend my broken exhaust back together. After 50,000 miles it's starting g to .Ale a little noise again.

Not him, but I'd like to get back into smoking a little just to chill out after work. Used to in high school, but 27 now and lost all my connections haha. Wouldn't even know where to start...

I used to smoke like that but idk after a while I just realized I was out of control and got a handle on it. Ill take a hit if its offered but I rarely buy weed anymore. If I do its never more than a gram. It leads to a better quality high when you do it as opposed to a daily head fog.

>Some people can't buy cannabis at a state-regulated store

When I was smoking it was more of a show off thing like "look how dank my car smells dude" and rolling around with smoke pouring out of the windows. I look at it the same as smoking stoges. It just leaves a smell and diminishes the quality of your interior. I'm not judging you, I just like having an exceptionally clean car now. Kinda like how I stopped wearing clothes with brands and logos on them. All I wear now is minimalistic clothes with easy color palettes that focus more on a good fit than the clothes themselves.

I know its so sad. My heart really goes out to them. Makes me wonder what kindle money is in taking pounds across state lines.

I will concede that it is a huge money drain, but honestly I just smoke so I don't go home one day and actually blow my brains out. That, and the food I most enjoy doubles as great munchie food, so getting high just makes it that much better.

>Arkansas dweller
>bill for legalization of rec. use of marijuana goes to a vote
>ridiculous support, bill gets enough citizens votes to pass
>State legislature strikes it down on a technical loophole
>Medical actually passes
>State legislature now instituting bans on the smoking, vaping, and consuming of medical marijuana
>Head honcho in legislature literally says "When people voted for this bill, they were never under the impression that people would be SMOKING their medical marijuana"
literally the worst feeling ever

I had a friend who used to traffic pounds and pounds from the west coast to the central US/northeast. Really only made I'd imagine 50k/year. Not worth it for the risk imo.
I'd say life is better clear headed, but I only lasted a few years before getting hooked on booze and other drugs so...I do spend a shitload less money and actually am clear headed. Physically other drugs are (actually) addictive, but I've never had such drug-seeking self destructive behavior than my 10+ years on pot.

Huge profit
t. A guy whose supplier got his packs in the mail

Well weed isn't a bandaid my guy. Sounds like you need to sort out some deeper issues. I could see weed being kind of like having a drink with dinner. I do like that it speeds up the metobolism.

If "huge" is middle class wage to you, then yes. But you sure as fuck are never going to get rich.

Weed doesn't speed up your metabolism man. There is no change in metabolic rates. Cannabis solely attaches to cannaboid receptors in the brain, which is why it is unique and not physically addictive.

yeah I recently (month or two ago) started seeing a therapist to try and work shit out. I just get in a really good mood every time I smoke, so I figure it can't hurt to self medicate while I try to work shit out.

For sure would never get rich, but definitely can make some extra cash while having a full time job.

Not a waste of either for me, but then again, I don't go through a 1/4 to an 1/8th a day.

My buy at the moment is a fifty bag a fortnight. 3.5grams over fourteen days. Just enough for a fat bong after work and two on a weekend.

That's why I said headers AND downpipes dumbass. Headers make little to no difference on turbocharged vehicles but they make a substantial difference in NA and supercharged vehicles.

I got a magnaflow catback in an attempt to bring some life to my hopelessly quiet c4

it sounds way better (and looks better) but it's still so quiet

Next I'm going to try headers and cats delete

if its still not very loud I could just do away with the mufflers which would be a shame because they are so pretty.

Lol why do you think you get hungry ever time you smoke? Do a jewgle search my friend.

Good good I'm happy to hear. Nothings wrong with weed just personal preferences.

X-Pipe cat back

forgot pics

Good for you on seeing a therapist. Still tho, it is so easy to cross the line where all you do is smoke weed all day to feel "human." SSRIs, despite their side effects, really do help if you have depression.
Munchies don't speed up your metabolic rate, you aren't sweating, your body temp doesn't increase, your heart doesn't speed up, you just feel hunger. Nothing more, nothing less. Jewgle drugs that are actually used for weight loss (pro tip: they are all amphetamines and other stimulants)

>I replaced my car's catalytic converter.
>replaced instead of deleted
Wew lad

Haha yeah meth is going to thin you out. I'm not trying to impress an opinion on you. Weed raises your heart rate, body temp and appetite. There are multiple studies correlating that weed increases the speed of the metabolism

Commiefornia amirite?

>smoke weed to feel like a normal human
yeah essentially, never thought of it like that but you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Drugs that are proven to increase metabolism (yes, meth is one) also always decrease hunger. While some evidence suggest marijuana may increase metabolism, there has not been a single peer reviewed study with a firm conclusion.

So let's look at it realistically, how many fat pot heads do you know, and how many fat crack/methheads do you know?

While marijuana consists of thousands of drugs, nobody would prescribe it as a weight loss agent. As a matter of fact, it is actually prescribed as a weight gaining agent for those wasting away due to chronic illness.

Pot head pls. Are you going to tell me smoking weed doesn't cause lung cancer next?

Addiction is a bitch. Be it heroin, nicotine, pot, sex, or strange looking fast cars.

>Kinda like how I stopped wearing clothes with brands and logos on them. All I wear now is minimalistic clothes with easy color palettes that focus more on a good fit than the clothes themselves
Hah... I still have some shirts with surf/skate logos, but had to give up the band shirts. Thinking about just getting a pack of blank Hanes shirts with basic black, white, grey, blue.

>working on car in a place where I'm not supposed to be working on car
>never worked on a car before, learned everything on YouTube
>11:30 PM
>haha 350 sbc on open headers how bad could it be
>*wrr rrr rrr*
>*wrr - popBROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*
>entire chest vibrating
>oh fuck this is loud as shit
>car alarms going off
>shut it off, lock it, scamper away

So yeah in for muffler advice

Check out Depart West. They have some really nice 3/4 sleeve baseball tees.

I recently upgraded my ISF exhaust to the Joe Z catback. It sounds amazing

Ugh. Jealous of your ISF.

There's only two brand new F-Sport exhausts left on eBay and I plan on snatching one of them :-)

2.5" Mandrel bend system with no cat and straight through magnaflow performance muffler on my NA Z31. Loud as shit and drones while under heavy throttle, nice purr while cruising and idling. Shit ton of gurgles at low rpm and very crackly and plenty of backfire and pops at high rpms.

A straight through muffler will yeld best performance but is very loud.
You don't need a cat unless your state does emissions, modern cars will need a work around with the o2 sensor or ecu to run no cat and at that point no cat on a modern car has a negligible performance gain. if your car is NA a 2.5" system is fine. 3" for turbo. Turbos muffle a bit of sound too, but if you want to gain the most performance just have 3" downpipe on the turbo that dumps straight under the car

headers bbk catless h pipe and flowtek warlocks sounds so gud

what car? i would say go for a h pipe and some flowmaster 44s

Thinking of picking up a couple of summit's knockoff 40s and just sticking them right to the headers with some 45s

I want to replace my stock busted giant suitcase of a muffler with a magnaflow high performance muffler. The biggest one in my size (2.25) is 18" long which I hope will not be too loud.