/rsg/ - Runescape general

same game edition
Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)
new Discord: discord.gg/WKsfd4e
>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates

>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,255,65882972

>Mining & Smithing Rework Design Documents
>services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?16,17,641,65878961

1st for sinkholes

3rd for kys windildo

>legends cape is worse than a 60k no requirement cape
>Fire/kiln capes are on par with god capes

why can't jagex into balance?

Why can't Jagex into everything?

i need a fire cape for ice strykes
(i got the mask so i have to upgrade it or autism)
not gonna spend 2k points to unlock them

does abomination cape work for unlocking the task?
kind of pricey for a 'maybe' unless some user has one they want to lend

Reminder to collect your sand

>2M/year money making method
Neat

>'talk to bert'
>not right-click 'sand bert'
do you enjoy wasting xp

I have 120 invention but haven't ever put a gizmo on anything other than during the tutorial what are the go to gizmos for slayer and skilling shit?
I have eee with mobile and wise and that's it

comp cape works just use that

not even maxcape yet
:^)
not even prif yet
t. shitter

Why are you doing things that aren't getting to prif or maxing then?

>weapon
Precise 5
Aftershock 3

>armor
Biting 3
Crackling 3
Impatient 3
Either enhanced devoted 3 (bossing) or genocidal+dragon, demon, or undead slayer (slayer)

>t.shitter
also autism demands that i do mask before it is forgotten

what's better, small or big mystery boxes?

>everyone acknowledges RS has a lot of problems with dead clicks/inputs, lag, disconnection, tick delay, DDoSers, server issues, animations failing to display, etc.
>if you don't want to gamble that none of that will be a problem while attempting Telos at 500% enrage, you're a shitter

>people able to do telos at 500%
>bitching about having to spend 1m tops on death

>put up left over familars
>they instantly sell

what the hell, I'm not complaining but who is buying them? They are random lvl 50-70 familiars too

I wonder.

>everyone acknowledges RS has a lot of problems with dead clicks/inputs, lag, disconnection, tick delay, DDoSers, server issues, animations failing to display, etc.
It doesn't though, expect very rarely some lag which won't cost you a kill at 500%

>tfw all my geyser titans instasold well above mid a few days after bxp

>had 80k dung tokens
>didn't want to grind out the last 20k for chimp so it's just been sitting there for months
>just now got 3 large dung token boxes from th promo
thanks jamflex

Fello friends
gamers
PLEASE please tell me you do not get mad about people mining "your" seren stone

I do

........why.............

Yes

Mine the fucking empty one or hop

If all are taken...I'm not gonna hop.

No

Alae Salt Crabs are truer afk anyway

You deserve to be shamed if you're 96 mining and still getting the bulk of your mining xp through Seren Stones!!!

gotta get them smithables.

TRUE

What if I just did LRC and Artisan's Workshop so I would never have to worry about crowds?

>less than 300k to 99 farming
>3/6 trees dead

Herb runs and strange rocks?

>half the herbs are dead too

Us farmers man

I dunno, I guess 300k doesn't strike me as much to worry about. You could also work in allotments and planting berries on Tuai Leit if it's your last 99.

If Zaros had to cripple an elder god just to get one favor from Zamorak, what did he have to do to put gaybirb in his debt?

Small ones
250 for 3 items
500 for 5 items

get your own stone you fucking nigger

I was doing some DG with some friends and my friend using melee didn't seem to get hit by Luminescent Icefiend's special attack while my mage buddy and me using range had to run around to avoid it. Anybody know what that was?

sheer willpower and determination

Jelly. I need those tokens

What's the best scroll to get with DG tokens?

This is a sad pizza

You dont get hurt by him once you're at like 100 hp

cleansing

>Only one real obstacle between me and the max cape left, everything else can be done within a day
>It's runecrafting

but what about sinkholes

Am I missing something and am on the wrong world, or is this game super anti social?

I don't remember it being like this years ago, you used to see people talking regularly. Now everywhere is dead silent, people just doing their grinding quietly. It's kinda lonely, and not a good feel.

go to popular worlds then like 2, or the portable fcs areas where people feel the need to talk about politics for some reason, or social minigames like fish flingers in world 89.

>portable fc
por que?

The game has become verey cliquey. Chances are, the people you see are talking, they're just talking amongst each other in their clan chat. It's especially like this in high levels. In my home world, I honestly feel like an outsider cos everyone else seems to know each other but me. Go to world 100 I think people are more receptive there..

welcome to the age of discord and clan/friend chats

buying law rune 1k!

>there are people who actually want people/friends to talk to
>and they fail to acquire such an easy feat

baka desu senpai

What's wrong with wanting friends?~

>and they fail to acquire such an easy feat

It doesnt help when they dont evem respond...

Don't talk to strangers, they're only there to hurt you

If you need friends and can't get any, it's more likely to be your fault than an incidental problem these days.

Any tips on icebreakers? I usually google their runescape name, see if they have a youtube channel or are in a clan, and then use that information to talk with them. They're pretty shocked from my knowledge and seem really friendly but then they don't add me as a friend

Look for people who are looking for fends and groups to play with. Don't expect anything more than casual conversation from randoms.

I don't wanna be friends with desperate people like that. I just wanna be friends with normal people.

I could be your friend :3c

>I don't wanna be friends with desperate people like that
Heh. Well, most randoms that are just skilling and minding their own business aren't looking for friends so the ones who will add you will be few and far inbetween.

ew no. not you.

>tfw bongs on french client

I could be your friend uwu

Don't stalk people. Just look for people with similar interests and/or playstyles and start with that.

>tfw bought another 100 bankspace, an ability bar, and another bank pre-set

Feels good

holy shit dude this isn't the way to do things

did you buy runecoins or survey like a good guy

Probably because most servers are at less than half of what they were years ago. Most average about 200-350, compared to the thousand or so it used to be.

Not to mention the use of friend chats, as well as other programs like Skype or Discord

do foreign language people even play on the foreign language servers or is it just people looking for empty worlds since you have to reload the client to get to them?

bonds for runecoins of course

i saw some kind of foreign in a guy's examine message, but nobody was talking so i couldn't really gauge things
probably just people who want empty worlds for wildy stuff

long time ago I went on a french server just for a giggle. I was skilling at castle wars and some kid came up to me asking for a rune d'aire or rune l'aur. I just kept cycling random runes to him in trade waiting for him to say yes. Never went on a foreign world after that

>try to kill wooly mammoths for the first time
>first one disables my prayers and shreks me in five seconds
wowo now I'm scared of these guys

>Carse will never tell you ya did it again

Maybe you should try reading a guide before attempting an A FUCKING RAPTOR TASK.

>an A

fug

Just keep trying to turn prayer back on. Move around whenever the animation for the Ranged attack starts, so start moving when you see it curl its truck to pick up the ice, and you won't get hit.

The charge is bugged to fucking hell, just make sure your prayer is on and try to move around but chances are it's not gonna do shit for you. You can stall it with a stun...I think.

The game is guaranteed to die at this point. 80+% player seems to be 120+, new players join and they get discouraged. The aesthetics have gone to shit. MTX out the ass. Only retarded whales keep this crippled boat afloat. Jagex should pull the plug and put this miserable creature out of its misery.

(You)

So like, does Jas just float around in her underground chamber now or what?

Thanks friend, I'll try again tomorrow.

So are you supposed to wait for all spider spawns during phase 3 if you go path 3? Or do you just cross your fingers and hope they don't spawn during phase 4?

she's just there

How does it feel to log on to this game and have more than one person online on your friendslist?

I don't even have the friends list icon on my interface, and I don't think I've clicked it in the past 6 months

You're forgetting that most 'new' players are maxed or near maxed players that are just bored and make new accounts for god knows why, a lot of my clanmates do this. The way I look at it, if you're going to start over at least make an Ironman or HCIM.

I'm in my late 20s and some dudes I went to hs with still log on and play about 5-6x a month, but they spend money buying membership and MTX when they do play. I honestly feel like without super casuals with money to burn, the game would be kill already.

I'm maxed with 0 cosmetic overrides. I can almost guarantee that I've been playing this game longer than most other maxed friends. But I feel like the minority. Seems like every maxed dude you see these days has some cool outfits going on...it's strange

pls contain your shitposting, i'm going to have a panic attack

>tfw this game is all thousands of people have going for them in life
>tfw prob going to kill myself when it goes offline
>tfw threw away my late teens and early 20s on pixels
>tfw bros in dental/medical/law/biz school instead of comped

welp, this motivated me to go back to studying for my DAT. Thanks user.