Gas mileage / fuel economy

Hey /o what is your average MPG city/highway and average cost to fill your tank?

Pic related, about 20-30$ and maybe 25/35 (don't have an instrument cluster to tell me)

More than I can afford, pal

Pic related.

20 city 23 highway.
Maybe 40 bucks to full up, but i never let it get below a half.

My old truck (04 silverado with 4.3/5spd

City: don't want to think about it. Highway: 13.
At one point it cost me $120 to fill it up.

Gas mileage in the city around 15l/100km - 2.2l 4 banger with 185 bhp

Filling up costs about 80 euros

Kill me

04 Taurus, ancient Vulcan engine
Get about 20 city, 24 highway.
Costs like 30 for a full tank.
Pic sorta related, mines on steelies and is a darker gray.

What is this in burger speak?

>15l/100km

lmao.
you could feed a 6 cylinder or even smaller v8 with all that juice

That's around 15 miles to the gallon and filling up costs around 90 dollars

You're right and that's why I'm getting the same car with the v6 engine after I'm done with this one lol

I love the taco though man, always wanted one or just a truck in general. the cost to fill up and gas mileage scares me though. I dont even want it as a work truck or anything I just like the look of trucks and the appeal they have to me since I was always raised around and learned to drive on one. It would be even less for me to fill up but I dont get very good gas mileage in the city (it should be a higher number) but its 15 years old so I guess there will be a loss of that kind of thing. Im just trying to figure out how to regain it back.

Subaru Impreza 2.5
12L/100 km in the city, 8 on the highway

city 9l/100km
highway 7,5l/100km
filling up 75€
whooping 125hp

those numbers including all the garbage on the roof or without it?

also:
>woman bike

tits or gfto

Who the fuck keys an old A4?

>those numbers including all the garbage on the roof or without it?
take your time to guess

around 8l/100km
55€ to fill it up

160hp diesel

mostly highway that is, more like 10 liters/100km city but I rarely drive there

Stable 8L/100km mix of city driving, backroad "racing" and 180km/h highway driving. And I have to say that the last thing I do is drive economically.
Full tank is like 45€/50$ of premium gas and I get a WHOPPING 100HP for that!

what even is driving economically? not taking off at red lights or stop signs? I mean i drive a little 4 cylinder diesel so I dont understand why I dont get great gas mileage. I wont lie I do a LOT of stop and go very short distance driving with idling each time I start up and a little before i shut the engine off. I pretty much turn the car on, go to the gym (about 1.5 to 2 miles away) turn it off and then do the same thing to get home, and then its about the same distance for work, almost every day. All of this is while idling from anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes after th engine is on and before its cut off. I do very little highway driving.

2009 Yaris
The average is 7.4 L/100km

I drive to 530km on the highway or something like 320 mpg before fill up.

01 Saab 9-3 33mpg highway. Cost to fill tank is tank capacity(I don't know)x 2.50
95 Saab 9000 29mpg around a small town. 17x2.50
Jeep grand Cherokee, 17mpg mixed. Tank capacity x 1.98

90% city driving I get 25-26mpg in my 2010 4cyl Accord coupe.

I never fill up because filling up is stupid unless it's a long trip or winter, I fill up to about 3/4. Why carry around all that weight and reduce mpgs when you don't need 18 gallons of fuel?

M8 you said you drive diesel, it you have a new-ish model and particle filter in it and drive short distances only then SELL IT IMMEDIATELY. Like go sell it RIGHT NOW.

With this out of the way. For me "driving economically" means that I won't go near the redline, won't humiliate people on redlights and I will drive as defensively as possible.

nah its an older model, I need to get a gasser soon. its a mk4 golf. little alh engine with 90 hp. i post about it on here a lot.

Get a normal car before EURO6 hits. Particle filters are devils work.

Do you have a hooked nose by any chance

What he said

You're killing your car with short distance trips in a diesel

No I just want my shitbox to be more racekar and the difference between an empty tank and a full tank of gas is 120lbs for my car.

Hypermiler reporting

51 city 64 hwy

Dat 3 stage vtec hot charge turbo lean burn and air suspension for low drag. Vx long gears. H8ters gonna h8

Damn I just tinted the windows yesterday and spent 1000 on getting the ball joints and right and left axles replaced

19/31

It's older though, think it's more like 15/20 desu

protip: diesels actually need more than the gas equivalent if you only drive short distances.

they need a lot longer to get to optimal temperature for optimal efficiency and if you always stop before this is reached you will have SHIT efficiency.
funny how few know this while so many drive diesel (for the absolutely wrong reasons).

sound like detonation waiting to happen

>BUT MY VW GET'S 4.5L/100km according to the dashboard!!
I had a colleague that laughed at my little gas car, saying that I burn SO MUCH FUEL and that I should just get a diesel for the daily commuting and that the TDI is SO POWERFUL IN LOW RPM. Right before his particle filter gave up and he spent as much money on it as on the car itself...
(Not to mention there are other disasters waiting to happen under his hood.)

Well you still have a few years. Particle filter on gas cars is like 2018, so you still have like 3-4 years in order to buy the latest EURO5 models with a nice "used" discount.

I'm worried my cars gonna shit itself now. I didn't know about the whole diesel thing my dad just helped me pick out a car and I went with it.shouldve just went with a Civic I guess

What car? What year? What EUROx?

im not sure ive never heard of any of those things before. its a 2002 golf tdi. it has the alh but im not sure about the euro and where to find it.

If you didn't know this about diesels then yes you should have bought a civic

Because you're a pussy ass nigga my man

kiss your headgaskets and your turbo goodbye. it should have euro 3 or 4. are you from germany?

Like $40.
Like $100 is i swing by my bros for 110 octane racing fuel.

Prolly like 4mpg cause (muh tire destruction)

Its not about mpg its about fun per gallon. Tho i do have to take it to a wedding 4 hours away. >mfw my shit wont fit on any trailer i can find...

i think its a euro 3. and no
short trips on any engine arent good, i just buy the car and work on it, im not aware of every single problem thats wrong. its probably on its way out anyways, gives me an excuse to get something else, its slow as shit.

>he doesnt throw a 400 small block or LS ina pickup and make it a (Toyota)(Cheverlet) Toylet.

Me to man...

Fuck... i want one of those shitty littl $7,000 3 wheeled shitboxes that break 89mpg.

>this is legal in America

>buying a 15 year old golf diesel
>it's slow

Mate..

>its slow as shit
given you're not from germany every car above 50hp should be more than sufficient

another hypermiler reporting in

3.8 l/100km best - 4.4 l/100km average out of the box, no mod ever applied
(i'm thinking about some aero mods tho)

2002 ford focus tddi 1.8, euro 3 so I can ignore all that dpf shit that kills diesels

>MAFIA
Looks legit

i wasnt expecting much, i knew what i was getting into but i didnt expect short trips on a diesel to be that bad for the engine and those components. like i said i tried researching all the shit that could go wrong and ive never heard of that before so im surprised. kind of stuck with it at this point

Yup. Drug this bitch out of the junkyard. Carb rebuild kit, 400 fuel filters, and a battery. Dont even need any special liscensing if its not driven commercially because it seats under 14 people (9 comfortably.) 14 if 2 ride in the trunk and people sit on laps.

>MERICA

HAHAHAHA. Was in the car.

About 5mpg

£80 gets me 150 miles

It's a sedan - 00 civic lx power everything with a/c

Post pics!

Only 5? That's not normal.

About 18 city/32 highway. City would be better if I didn't have to rag on it all the time to keep up with traffic. (i.e. soccer moms in cuckovers that only know how to use the gas and brake pedals like on/off switches)

~25 off boost

My beater is a 1993 corolla. 30mpg, $20 to fill it at $1.9x a gallon.

My truck... Not so much. $70 to fill up. Probably 9mpg. I don't drive it a lot. It's for hauling shit.

bump

That's what you get for buying italian garbage.

did some research, from what ive found and understand i dont even have a dpf. they werent added onto tdi's until MK5 at the earliest from what I have read.