Dear twings and twingorinas

IS IT IMPORT TIME YET??

not quite yet

when can I import the Twingo I want one so bad

in less than a year

OH FUCK doubt it'll be worth it though, with shipping costs it'll end up being twice what the cars worth, then we won't have any available parts here either. Just fuck my shit up senpai

Parts cost fuckall in Europe, and I doubt shipping will be a huge dealbreaker unless you want to order an entire replacement engine or something.

Still, it'll take some dedication to live the meme in burgerland. More than in Europe anyway, but that's not hard.

HIHG

maybe you could fit two of them in one shipping container?

seems like slowly time to activate that user who said he his dad or uncle has renault connections and is planning to do a bigger twingo import

I mean I guess it's a meme but they are cute and practical plus yall niggas say they be easy to wrench on so I'd use it to learn more as well

Well they're easy to wrench on because there's not a lot to wrench lol.

meaning they're simple as it gets in terms of semi modern car

The engine bay is tightly packed, but simple because there's not much in there anyway and everything that could get in the way comes off pretty easily.
And thanks to said simplicity, there's almost nothing to go wrong so they're plenty reliable as well.

good makes it more fun and easier to not fuck up

I don't even plan to get one myself since I like bigger and less round cars but for some reason it's so much fun to twingopost with you guys

apparently even the old Twingo was RWD (right wheel drive)

Depending on how good a job I do of getting my shit together, there's a pretty good chance I might get one. It's definitely my top pick for "cheapest you can get" anyway.

>tfw want to buy and modify a twingo real bad

well, a better choice than a rotten old MKIII Fiesta in any case, if you're already trapped in the poorfag status.
If you appreciate the small things in life then you'll probably be quite happy with a MKI Twingo, people who enjoy quick or luxury quality cars - rather won't.
sometimes I think some americans don't know what level of simplicity awaits them if they dare to import one. it's seriously the bottom end of shitboxes but still excels in its class and is so much fun that way (in its own way)

ok have to admit the XR2i was fucking rad but those left shitbox status long ago anyways, especially in good condition.

>those left shitbox status long ago
See also various Peugeot GTi models and certain Renaults (5 GT Turbo, Clio Williams...)

indeed

Kinda sad that there wasn't an official hot version of the first Twingo.

75hp was the most it got but apparently it was already pushing the limits when the chassis became known to be really tailhappy, especially if people didn't care about their tires (which most do when they drive absolute bottom end cheap cars).

I guess they didn't dare to go higher like they do now with the RWD Twingo. Same case, they don't dare to make it too hot, fearing they get sued by enraged soccermoms whose sons went too fast.

Fun fact, that 75hp engine is commonly found with a turbo in many modern renaults.
That's right, the 1.2 TCe is an evolution of the Twingo's engine, and it makes up to 130hp from the factory.

I really wanna try to source one from a crashed Clio/Twingo II GT/Captur/Duster and put it in a first gen Twungi. Should bolt right up to pretty much everything in the later models (since it's the same engine block with different internals, head and manifold) and they don't even cost that much.

I hope this is true but then I wonder why no one has done this before. At least to my knowledge so far

It probably has... just in the Francosphere instead of the Anglosphere, so you haven't heard about it.

Because everyone usually goes for different swaps (F7R, 1.4T from 5GT Turbo, Clio RS 172 block) with more power (and usually because they already managed to source one of those for cheap and figured it'd be fun to put it into a Twingo).

I'm kinda curious if... you could take some scrap 4x4 Dacia (mostly Renault, right?), slap some parts from that onto a Twingo and see what fits.

...You know, for science

Been toying with this idea too. You'd probably have to cut and weld floor pans and fabricate a shitton.

>tfw no twingogf

want

open diff

Whats going to happen to this cute little hon hon hon??!!??

some insurance also don't like small light cars with decent horsepower

>I've falleano and I cant get uppo eh

Watch out for the weird french bolts though. Mechanics here hate them.

I can deny the 75hp twingo being tailhappy. It still understeers. I do it on a daily basis.

I should try handbraking.

That may be true but for some reason it doesn't take much to make it tailhappy and this doesn't mean the understeering gets compensated, not at all.
It can lead to some dangerous mix between understeering and SUDDEN oversteer.

But that usually only happens if you drive on the thinnest tires and/or bald ones.

Gif related

It s shocking that people are so useless that they can't even steer.
What do they do when they accidentally turn too far in a turn at a stoplight? Just plow over the curb and into a building?

best color