Convince me not to get into creditcard fraud

Convince me not to get into creditcard fraud.

People are making so much fucking money and I want some of it. I'm reading through forums and people are making thousands a day.

What the fuck...

I know it's wrong to steal but for thousands a day? IM starting to get tempted.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

there is a circle in hell specially tailored for fraudsters

I feel the same way man, but ican't stand people making thousands a day, meanwhile I'm not.

r9k can convince you, you should go there.

then why don't you learn a way to make that much money without being a fuckass

that doesn't exist.

buy life insurance, kys

If u can sleep knowing you got some felony's racked up and could get busted any hour of any day then ur a perfect candidate

I feel your pain OP. Got a couple old friends who dropped out of highschool, looked to be going nowhere in life, but then out of fucking nowhere exploded and are loaded with money from consistently scamming amazon and doing some questionable shit on the internet. They blow the money on top-shelf alcohol and stupid frivolous shit though, which triggers me even more.

if i live outside the US and then do some credit card fraud against some americans do i risk getting caught? I live in an asian country so no one would probably give a shit to come find me.

Because I wasn't gifted with any talents. In the words of the wise Monty:

My man.

I hate this fucking feel. Seriously, highschool dropouts are making retarded money off these things.I can't tell if we should ignore them, or join them. Like what the fuck.

Buy life insurance and kys

How can you enjoy life knowing at any time your door could be kicked down by the police?

I guess it's just a risk you have to take for greatness.

I don't want to cheat though. I can't see myself doing fraudulent shit. Or atleast I'm sure I would be unable to respect myself. My inability to make myself do this shit leaves me wriggling in the rat race, it seems.

Man I just don;'tk now. i feel like you as well.

Fraud is obviously immoral, and completely wrong. And I would gladly see fraudsters burn in hell but I feel like I'm missing out. Do you know what I mean?

Like I feel as though in the near future, fraud will be 100% impossible (somehow, some way technology will come out to permanently stop it). And the people who will have done it will have lots of money saved over.

You get what I mean?

Besides, as you said, those retards spend it on dumb shit. What if we were to do smartly and invest it, and do it carefully? Surely it would work for us?

Kind of like Heroin addicts. When they need some dope, they'll flip every rock in an entire country over for money. They'll make hundreds in a day when they hustle, so what if we act like them, but instead of buying heroin to shoot up, we invest it in the s&p500 for example? Or use it to pay off our student loans for our valuable STEM degree?

I don't know man. I'm really getting tempted.

Riddle me this, friend: would you know to make yourself stop? When is it enough fraudulent gains made and time to revert investing?

>Like I feel as though in the near future, fraud will be 100% impossible
Yeah, but no one's going to tell you when that happens. You'll get dumped into prison because you will have still been attempting fraud even though they had countermeasures in place. Most of those people will go to jail

>would you know to make yourself stop? When is it enough fraudulent gains made and time to revert investing?

I feel like I could answer this question with relative ease, but of course it's easy to talk, but harder to do.

Nonetheless I will answer, simply:

I think when the downsides outweigh the rewards. When the risk is too great to be worth both the legal risk, and the hassle. I suppose maybe like $100,000 - 200,000 is when you cross over into "risky" category?

Below that, you're not really worth the interest of legal authorities to be investigated. Police in most of the world the world are SWAMPED. I'm pretty sure I even heard the FBI doesn't give a shit about this stuff until it crosses over $100k+. There is only so many FBI agents and chasing small fish and expending huge amounts of resources and court time seems pointless.

And $100k-200k seems like enough to give you a step-up in life, sure it's not RICH-tier, but it's enough to pay off your degree, get some money in the market and start pursuing legal business ideas.

>You'll get dumped into prison because you will have still been attempting fraud even though they had countermeasures in place. Most of those people will go to jail

I'm not sure if that's the case. At least, everything I've researched so far says it isn't.

>I'm not sure if that's the case
You just admitted that it's not going to be possible soon. That probably means they'll have countermeasures in place to detect and stop you, which you won't be aware of. Then it's just a simple matter of tracing your IP

>You just admitted that it's not going to be possible soon.

I said I FEEL that it will be, I have no idea actually if it will be. I just mean it feels like one of those things, like how in the past stealing from stores was easy because there was no cameras, and you could skip town for murder because there was no technology.

You know what I mean?

50 years ago you could murder people, dump their bodies in a lake and then hop on a train to start a new life. Now you will almost certainly be caught for murder.

>That probably means they'll have countermeasures in place to detect and stop you, which you won't be aware of. Then it's just a simple matter of tracing your IP

And there's also countermeasures against countermeasures.

Fraud is always one step ahead, criminals seem to always prevail. Mostly because countermeasures are difficult to implement, and crime is EASY to commit.

Think of it this way:

Organized criminals can have forums or other methods of communication that they use to discuss crime, working/best methods, tips and tricks, how they got caught etc.

Whereas for a network of stores, or even an entire industry to implement something, it takes months, years or is even impossible sometimes.

You think its that easy? Proxys, public wifi, contacting your isp and gathering info based on an opinion on the internet? If what you're saying is true every single rapper who said "i smoke weed" would have been locked up. People say anything on the internet. Where its tricky is our phone calls and texts are being recorded. Honestly, i think government is waiting for everyone to do stupid shit. Everything is logged. Even if yiu download music, federal offence yet 60% of people do it. Theyre waiting till more people then boom, global lockdown and everyone is put in camps. Easy control. Anyway, go to any hack forum.

snitch on them, give an anonymous tip to FBI

Id like to add, if you do get caught the investigations agency will push u hard for all your emails, accounts and passwords. They will buttfuck you.

I think about frauds all the time but they all require me to have multiple fake identities and I don't know how to go about getting them. How the hell do the Mexicans do it?

You can't make money in jail, lol.

Other than that, why not?

Felony convictions aren't that bad, just ask your local ne'er-do-well who can't get a McDonalds job.

what even is creditcard fraud??? how does it work? you guys are all talking like you know what it means and could do it the second you decided to.

redpill me brothers.

you can buy someones id for 25 bucks, maybe less
sometimes food is enough
t.mexicant

>I think about frauds all the time but they all require me to have multiple fake identities and I don't know how to go about getting them. How the hell do the Mexicans do it?

You can buy all this shit online.

Why have you been spamming all of Veeky Forums with this thread lately?

Are you a cop?

Your either a cop or a dumb ass.

You have energy, you can invest it in fraud, make decent bank, but you'll have trouble building wealth (good luck getting your gains into the bank so you can buy real fucking assets), you'll be nigger rich. You'll be able to buy nice shit, rent a nice place, but you won't be able to buy a nice house. Not to mention if you get audited / busted, your shit gets taken from you.

Or you can invest that energy in playing the game, buy real shit (companies, real estate, whatever), it appreciates, and you make thousands...doing nothing. You know how great it feels to exit a stock position, and make $$$, knowing all you did was read some shit and click a mouse a few times. And no one can take it.

I don't give a shit about the morality (you do what you can get away with), but the risk to me, is you put all this effort in...then the state takes your shit, and there is no path to being wealthy. I want to be wealthy, fuck being nigger rich :P.

>Why have you been spamming all of Veeky Forums with this thread lately?

Because I need an answer.

I need to decide to do it or not.

Given your lack of ability to figure things out on your own, I'd advise you to go home and find a job or criminal enterprise that you can actually handle.

>I'd advise you to go home

I am already home.

Sorry if not everyone started off as a crime kingpin like you, big guy. I'm just trying to get started in this field.

>king pin
I make above the poverty line, fellow poor fag, and just barely, but I happen to know that succeeding at crime that isn't just smashing people over the head and stealing their wallets actually involves some effort and thought.

But I have thought through it quite extensively.

Fuck off you faggot, you're a piece of shit for even wanting to do it and you're clearly too retarded to figure it out otherwise you'd be doing it already, I hope you get raped by nigger cock when you go to jail.

fuck you faggot i'll get rich and you'll stay poor

The FBI would need a more convincing reason than that to move in on an Eastern European ghetto I think.

Kys

I looked into it a while ago and pretty much had the whole thing figured out to the point where I could laundry the money into my personal account. The only thing I couldn't figure out is where I would be able to consistently card and make good money.

It's not as easy anymore as in the early days of the internet, making it not all that worthwhile anymore in my opinion.

It's still worth it, but not for retards.

>cc fraud
>profitable in 2016
there's a lot of money in the fraudgame but cc fraud has become so difficult.

You're not cunning enough and don't have the balls to take the risks you need to take

Now go and earn money for your (((boss))) like a good goy

Stop talking and do it already. Nobody cares what you do.

It definitely still is. It is very profitable.

how do they scam amazon?

How do you commit fraud and make money anyways?

Maybe for a no skill fuckstick like you.

Just know that you will inevitably draw attention to yourself. The fact that you're asking about it on Veeky Forums proves you have no clue how to do it and cover your ass properly.

T. Normie wagie fuck

Enjoy sucking Tyrone Shekekstein's cock idiot.

Bump

Years in prison and a felony on your record that will fuck you over for life a good enough reason not to?

Clash of clans makes $100k/day from in-app purchases alone. That doesn't touch the advertising revenue

How is fraud immoral? Isnt it coming out of the pockets of the corporations?

Can you stop making these threads already? I swear I see at least 2 new "Why aren't you committing fraud?" threads every day. If you're some kind of shill, what are you trying to accomplish? If not shill then do it faggot, just know that Tyrone has been pretty lonely in his cell lately and I bet he's looking forward to a new bunkmate.

>Le Tyrone meme

kys wagecuck.

did you just call me a fuckass?

If you live in any Western country, you have absolutely zero chance of getting away with credit card fraud in any meaningful sense of the word. Cybersecurity was still in its infancy back in 2010 so it was a lot easier to get away with these things. It's safe to say you missed the boat.

Credit card fraud is still rampant but it's mostly reserved to the non-nato countries (russia, china, balkan region, africa, etc...) since these guys are less likely to be prosecuted (or even identified)

Not worth it. You'd be caught within months and spend the rest of your life in a cell.

>This is what normies actually believe

no doubt. I've been sitting on ssn dumps and have no idea how to go forward

card fraud is ancient luddite shit. crypto exchanges/crypto finance apps are the hot shit. crypto wallets + kyc docs all in 1 baby

because I don't want to get fucked in taxes and IRS audits

Do it. Get raped by black cock in prison and die of aids.

don't do it

I would suggest moving to Russia, stealing US CC info, making fake cards and just withdrawing from ATMs.

Russia doesn't give a shit if you rob Americans.

why is there such a high correlation between posters starting threads with wolf of wall street pictures and them being immature, jealous, entitled, greedy children?

They think they're jordan belfort but in reality they are the people on the phones they pump and dump.

And for all of you whinging about how criminals make quick bux, sit down and genuinely think about how long you think it'll last. It's all risk vs reward and despite their flashy lives at this point in time, the risk they are exposing themselves to is not worth it. It's not sustainable.

he seriously makes these threads every goddamn day like he needs approval or maybe a better strategy for his fraud scheme. its always "guyz why not guyz shoukd I do it I think I shoukd guyz what do u think????"

How do you get the pin number? All i have is the fake card

it depends on what you want to do. the. I would never do this but if you are willing then
a way to get information is to visit retirement homes, use social engineering and drugged up old people to get their card information.
rinse and repeat

get creative and get ideas from watching tv shows like idk mcguyver, Burn notice, the a team... and so on

go work at a hotel
It all depends how you play the game, you don't need a pin code to have yourself charged.
You need credit card number and expire date, for some company to charge you, in hotel industry , you make a reservation and let them cancel your reservation, then you cancel the money onto another card.
You can stay at hotels and have a good time, making them charge you beforehand.
You can use some online marketplaces without the security code.
Then resell stuff or make them refund you.
There's nothing special about it, I for example wouldn't risk getting a charge for some few k of nigger money
or go party at a hotel or club with a fake credit card, there isn't a hotel or club anymore where there are no cameras.
If you're smart, you'll get more money doing the other thing, if you're street smart you'll get caught eventually but you may be the lucky few precent, but if taking risks, consider the worst, with a girl, with a felony, with a bet or a stock.

Idk why but i lolled at this

OP you're convinced that most of those who do this manage to get away with it, so let me introduce you to this concept called "survivorship bias":
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias

Basically, you spend a lot of time exposing yourself to success stories and never read of any failures, so your mind registers that as "all success and no failures" because that's all you see.
Too bad, this is not an accurate way of estimating the failure/success ratio of something, since you have no data regarding those who actually failed, because they're not online telling you about it (either because they're in jail/prison or because after getting caught they stay away from related Internet forums).

It's like successful people telling you "risking everything for a shot at success works! That's what I did and now I'm successful!", ignoring the 99% that failed but nobody hears about.

Be careful OP, and with something like this being 100% sure isn't enough.
You need objective mathematical certainty, because the moment you rely on your opinion (like when you say "most people I see on these forums make tons of money") you open yourself to the risk of being wrong, and as a consequence, of failing (which in your case means that your life as you know it is going to end).

>ignoring the 99% that failed but nobody hears about.
it's actually closer to 97%.
over 2/3's of those successful people you talk to will be broke in five or ten years.

just mentioning it since you're discussing biases in sampling. Veeky Forums thinks you get rich and stay that way for life. Most people that get rich also get poor again.

Yeah, I don't know the actual number. I just said 99% as a figure of speech to mean the absolute majority.
Sorry, thought it was obvious.

it works. but its not sustainable.

little get quick rich schemes don't solve the underlining problem.

why the fuck are these stupid threads constantly posted here?

why not start a narco business if you want to be an entrepeneur?

you don't hear about the failures (the majority)
You will fail and go to prison.

There really isn't very many failures. Almost every story is a success story because it works out more often than not, by a large margin.

But how can you be so sure?
I mean, what is the thing that makes you confident in the "model" you have in your head?

Bump

>But how can you be so sure?
>I mean, what is the thing that makes you confident in the "model" you have in your head?

The facts.

I built this by considering a few things:
>Regular occurrences of fraud
>Amount of people who get sentenced each year for large fraud
>The number of forums and members who engage in this fraudulent activity and yet are alive and kickin, for many months, signifying they've been doing it successful for quite some time
>The sentences of people who got caught frauding largescale, for MANY years, and costing companies millions upon millions in losses

When you factor all this in it's probably the safest and more lucrative crime you can commit.

>Amount of people who get sentenced each year for large fraud
>The sentences of people who got caught frauding largescale, for MANY years, and costing companies millions upon millions in losses
Can you please elaborate on these two?

The rest are susceptible to survivorship bias, so they don't mean much, but if you're sure about these two, then you're right.

>Can you please elaborate on these two?

What is there to elaborate on?

Millions are lost every single day to fraudulent transactions in most Western countries, and yet if you look up arrests for this fraud you'll rarely find more than a handful per year. - That's just arrests, not yet leading to any sentencing.

>>The sentences of people who got caught frauding largescale, for MANY years, and costing companies millions upon millions in losses

People who have literally stolen $10's, or even caused hundreds of millions of dollars in losses, who ran criminal forums and supplied criminals for many many years, get relative slaps on the wrist.

If you actually look up cases, you'll find even the most downright greedy and shameless criminals get very weak punishments.
Like people who cause hundreds of millions in losses getting 7 years minimum security sentences.

>The rest are susceptible to survivorship bias, so they don't mean much, but if you're sure about these two, then you're right.

I totally understand survivorship bias, but it's just not applicable here.

I would not go to prison for 7 years for millions of dollars

I meant that if you have the data to support that, then you're right.
I'm not arguing against you. I'm just saying that you have to be 100% sure that what you base your decisions on (when committing a crime that could put you in jail for many years) is completely factual and objective, and that you should be sure that your "worldview" isn't susceptible to biases.

Just saying "all I see around is X" doesn't mean X is the normality.
Maybe the normality is Y and you just don't see it as often as X.

So if you have some actual data supporting your statements, then the argument is closed and you'll have proven that this type of crime is indeed easy to get away with.

Just saying....

>Rob gas station with mask and a gun
>Get like 5 years certainly

>Rape woman with women
>Get 5 years

>Be relentless criminal who terrorizes businesses and banks for years, causes hundreds of millions in damages
>Get 7 years

Lol

>women with women

Kek, meant weapon.

stop posting this shit fk coward faggot piece of shit

hell doesn't exist. afterlife doesn't exist.

>Believing what people write in forums lol

Jail isn't worth it. It will catch up to you one day

Semi related, my girlfriend works part time at Staples and has told me many stories of people coming in and trying to buy a thousand dollars worth of gift cards at a time.

What the hell are they doing with these things? They run as soon as you try to ID them.

You aint shit and you will never be worth shit. You won't get rich of carding you fucking retard. You won't get rich off anything because you're you. You are nothing. Nothing.

Is pic related you, user?

>told me many stories of people coming in and trying to buy a thousand dollars worth of gift cards at a time.

Guaranteed stolen cc's being used.

>What the hell are they doing with these things?
They sell them.

>They run as soon as you try to ID them.
No shit they're criminals

10/10 times if someone buys over $200 in giftcards and you try to ID them they'll make an excuse or bail.

Lol sometimes to make a lot of money, you have to be unethical. If you can't sleep at night knowing you ripped some people off, too bad.

They steal wallets or credit cards and try to buy gift cards to cleanly transfer the money from the account that the stolen card is connected with to the thief's hands. Or some shit.

If you are a loser who is too dumb to make money the legit way, yea