/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Hammer Man edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell is OUT
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1569348-Rank-Changes-in-Y2S1
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

Friendly Mission Successful:

Other urls found in this thread:

affinelayer.com/pixsrv/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=yYAlJ2ebb7I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for vek in progress

3rd for "Let's post actual art"

>tfw got bear trapped through a wall

>blood splats everywhere

But yeah I wasn't doing too well in that game. At least I made up for it in overtime. Oh yeah, and Ash managed to survive a close range mag dump while Buck just got domed instantly. Pure coincidence.

probably should've said
>Didn't hit her head
Or at least it didn't look like you did.

Oh that. I don't think I hit her head, but I assumed I would have at least downed her given the amount of shots I got into her.

Well you were using the Vector, not exactly high damage, and there's no telling what kind of falloff it has.

>Vector
Nigga open your eyes

>dirty gopnik bandit..

In the first clip, from last thread, he was using the vector. He also didn't get nearly as many shots directly into her chest with the Mp5 in the clip from this thread.

He's referring to this webm I posted in the other thread. I just thought it was weird she didn't get downed from mag dump; even though I missed a lot of shots a good number landed on her.

Ash surviving the end of this was just bullshit, though:

How do? I know he's super low tier (at least, afaik), but I am interested in maining him on defense. Are there any effective strategies?

So apparently there's a way to glitch Ranked so you only lose a few points of mmr even though you should lose more. Just saw it in action, no idea how, but I only lost 4 mmr off of an even match loss after two guys in my team quit just after the final round end screen.
What's up with that?

>Are there any effective strategies?
Yes, selecting any other character. Don't get me wrong I've seen him work, but for every time it works out picking him he's deadweight a dozen more rounds.

If you like his guns just use Kapkan, while Kap's ability isn't that great it's far better than immobile turret man.

Yeah, don't

The only winning move is not to play, comrade

Worst op ever.
Needs a shield to cover him in the turret or else you just get killed way too easily

If you quit just before the MMR screen comes up you lose nothing and the enemy gains fuckall.

>effective strategies
Don't "main" any Operators.
Enemies get wise regardless of who you pick if you pick the same op every round, but unlike others Tachanka doesn't have flexibility.
His counter-play is also exceptionally easy to figure out once you know he's in play. All it takes is one enemy picking Capitao and you might as well be playing Kapkan without his traps, and you're running the risk of enemies manning your turret and locking your roamers out of a retake if the point defenders die.

you need a lot of team support.
you need to only be able to be seen from one spot, the team has to cover the rest. its preferrable that you have jager's ads near you to prevent grenade attacks and a deployable shield to cover the rest of you. if you're against a wall, make sure they're reinforced. you really only want to focus one area

Like everybody else said, play another op if you want to win. HOWEVER, if you're dead set on playing him and want to be as efficient as possible, then window peek with him. Use shield only when your team needs one, otherwise just stick to barbwires.

He has good synergy with Mira and he's worse than useless if there's no deployable shield covering his torso.
All in all, pick somebody else.

e-sports ready

>He has good synergy with Mira
Not anymore. They made it so you can't place your turret close to the window anymore.

Why would they do that?

The diamond camo bundle should be showing up here, under bundles right? I don't own it and there's no option for it.

I don't know. I heard a streamer getting pissed off at it a day ago.

Okay, I'll try that, because I do like the Rusky shotgun

No, go to a weapon of your choice from an operator of your choice. Go to universal skins and click the plus sign to expand the selection.

Does anything in Siege ever explain what happened to Clark and Chavez? Are they still around in Siege's continuity? And how did the terrorists in T hunt even manage to get into Hereford?

Ah, thank you.

No problem, enjoy.

100k, wish I had enough.

It wouldn't be the first time Terrorists got into Hereford.

Don't use that. The Saiga is poop.

So what the fuck is with coastline and daytime. usually it's you can't see shit outside, but coastline makes it so you can't see shit inside either. It's like every hallway is so bright but every room has shadows so dark the only discernible thing is light reflecting off their weapon skins.

I remember the hospital near the Hereford base being targeted in the novel, but has the base itself ever been infiltrated in the R6 franchise?

Siege doesn't actually have a story.

>playing 5v5
>game is 1 to 2
>we end up killing them all except one
>one guy gets "Removed from Match"
>we kill the last remaining enemy
>overtime
>another team mate gets removed from match right after

>have to do overtime match point 3 v 5 because Ubisoft arbitrarily said so

Fuck this games shit tbqh

What is the significance of Hereford in R6 canon?

Main HQ of the British SAS

Also Rainbow's main HQ in the original novel.

HQ of rainbow

>frosts shotgun literally says effective as a breach tool because it's so shit

>it's down to 1v1 on yacht, score is 2-1
>fuze is playing like a pussy against bandit
>has two full minutes, wastes a ton of time, won't flash and run
>15 seconds left
>still won't throw his flashbang
>just rushes in without a flashbang
>dumps his mag at nothing
>switches to pistol
>gets headshot
>cunty teammate tells him to leave
>he doesn't
>cunt TKs him immediately at the start of the next round
>fire at cunt to bait him into TKing me
>he gets booted and gets no renown
It's petty but it feels good.

People just don't understand slav operating.

What's wrong with Thermite's gun?

Fan art of Fuze as Dio When?

makes small holes

Low fire rate high recoil and mediocre damage.
One of the reasons Hibana is being used a shit ton more in proleague is her gun's actually usable.

Should I aim with my wrist or my arm?

Some user drew this, I've come up with some ideas for tarot cards if anyone wants to draw them.

The Fool - Kapkan
The Magician - Bandit trick
The High Priestess - Valkerie
The Empress - Hibana
The Emperor - Jaeger
The Hierophant - Rook
The Lovers - IQ & Pulse
The Chariot - Ash
Strength - Sledge
The Hermit - Echo
Wheel of Fortune - Blitz/Castle (Blitz for hitbox, Castle for if they have a Fuze)
Justice - Jackal
The Hanged Man - Glaz
Death - Smoke
Temperance - Doc
The Devil - Fuze
The Tower - Montagne
The Star - Blitz
The Moon - Thatcher
The Sun - Thermite
Judgement - Caviera
The World - Mira

Not used: Frost, Buck, Mute, Twitch, Blackbeard, Capitao, Tachanka

Whatever works for you! :^)
Optimally you should be using your arm, but if you run with a super high sensitivity it's fine to use your wrist instead. I kind of half ass both with a medium sens and it works out pretty well.

Kapkan is more of a hermit desu

I'm trying to clean up my aim so I lowered my DPI and sensitivity, so I guess I'll try using my arm now. This will be weird.

>every time you flash with Blitz's shield, his gun jams for at least a full second
WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

Is this a feature or a bug?

>fire rate is on the lower-ish end of assault rifles
>recoil is fairly high though
>magazine cap is standard 30+1
>damage is a tiny bit higher, by 2 points, than average
>closest to 552 Commando (IQ) and L85 (Sledge/Thatcher) aka guns considered bad/average at best

That all doesn't sound too bad but...

>It's a medium/long range gun on an operator who will need to be indoors to utilize it almost 100% of the time and needs to physically approach walls

but he kills the fool, and I feel echo fits more.

not the drawfriend that did that art but i kind of want to attempt this.

I thought Jager fit Magician more because he makes things disappear. The smug fuck would probably make a show about it.

Anyone else have strict NAT after patch? It used to be in an out randomly before, now its just stuck on strict. I've forwarded my ports and checked them to be open and no luck.

But Bandit trick just fits so well, and Idk who would be emperor if not Jaeger, he's the king of defense and Hibana of offense.

start drawing this shit

>affinelayer.com/pixsrv/index.html

the fuck is this shit

Persona 5 dlc confirmed

aww fuck that means that these images that i really liked were made with this fucking program?

remove them from the gallery then please

jesus christ how horrifying

>Rainbow 6 Megami Tensei: Strange Journey never

I'm having fun with this garbage and there's nothing you can do to stop me. Aside from shooting my shitty hitboxes.

>flash
>ammo counter disappears
>gun won't fire
Every time

never mind im retarded ignore everything in that post

Which one am I supposed to use? I see nothing for humans, just cats and handbags.

will finish tomorrow but I will say this today "ZA ETHERNET"

Now I want someone to draw Echo like Koichi

the one for cats

>no cat op

enjoy your toxoplasmosis queerlords.

Ghost Recon wildlands seems to be a dumpster fire

Blackbeard could also be the hanged man since his specialty is peeking windows, either one.

so is siege but we're still here

what the fuck

i made a shitty edit to one of our drawfriend's work .

use it when necessary.

Would you pet this adorable feline, /r6g/?

This general is miles more comfy than the other generals I frequent.

Props lads for keeping consistent levels of chill.

is there anything worse than server hopping brazilians?

Anytime

anyone know who drew the frost lewds??

I'm not sure what to think of this

but i just like to smoke trap ash in the shower on house

I do enjoy blitz, but he is such a dice roll. Always feels like I'm playing a table top RPG just praying I roll a connecting hit. Even the flash feels completely random. I was able to flash this guy pretty much through a wall from my angle then just proceed to get bullshit shots on him. At least we clutched.

>youtube.com/watch?v=yYAlJ2ebb7I

>no webm
>shilling for channel

please no bully

>The World
>Mira

I don't know who would be a better world card, but not Mira. The World is about the beginning and end of cycles. Mira really is just fucked and adds no value

>teammate also gets flashed into oblivion

kek

half your team is eastern european half of your games adn they do not know more than 100 words of english, most of those being a variety of insults

I was thinking more figuratively, I don't know much about tarot cards.

Popov wasn't a terrorist, just a capitalist who could still get in touch with his old...progressive element friends

As the others stated its the home of the SAS and was chosen to be the hq and training ground for team rainbow. It was most logical to be there due to being able to quickly deploy to a lot of different countries. The team was largely us and English (with a few others thrown in for good measure)

>vector
>headshot machine
>literally less effective than shock wire when hitting the body
pretty balanced honestly

>That guy who picks IQ and doesn't have a mic
I don't understand that shit. Isn't her purpose is to call out where electronics and traps are for the rest of the team?

>1 mag kill with little recoil
If you want low damage the m12 is the way to go