/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

This is my Shroud now Edition

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Gear Design Contest (Ranged Magic DPS/Healer Edition)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/57b6173ca0330be656b9e7c6763a930a1d5ec5bf

>Patch 3.5 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d90ea3ee6d083eaba4f22e5deefe934b0a0a464e

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Red Mage Teaser:
streamable.com/25l4x

>Samurai Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=E1wcuoxs4mU

>Full 4.0 Cinematic
youtube.com/watch?v=mnFT1GH9cUE

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>3.5 Gung Ho for GARO Collaboration
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001753.html

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_CSi0eQ0QOU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any lewd FCs on Gilgamesh? Gonna transfer soon

aoife bp

xth for

hey boyz

Post elezen propaganda

top 10 for cute tanks

>erps for the first time

Now I'm paranoid about someone finding out

Anyone else feel like this

hey boyz

*artposts erotically*

Do male WHMs get that smile on their faces when they change poses with their weapon out too?

Hey :wave: boys

Sorry for being honest, but that lizard is pretty meh imo, it doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look good either. You're other one is top tier fap material though.

ho fug who dis c@boi

Post Lizards

The Garleans did nothing wrong.

You should start by posting one

>tfw ifrit for leveling roulette

yes literally every time

i should use erp alts

Alright /xivg/, you're my only hope. I went to /v/ and /wowg/ first, but in vain.

I'm trying to convince my friend to play Legion instead of FFXIV. I don't think FF is bad, I'm just so invested in WoW that switching to another MMO isn't feasible.

>played WoW for 6 years
>tried to get my friend into it several times, he probably has 40 hours in it total, never got to max level
>he says it's "too grindy", doesn't like the sub fee, does't like that there's no challenge while leveling, hates that everyone has better gear than him
>he plays games to troll people (e.g. mind controlling low level dungeon bosses or pulling everything and then vanishing were his favorite things to do)
>he suggests we try ffxiv
>he buys the collector's edition of the game + expansions immediately
>buys the fat moogle mount before he's level 20
>"I like the graphics more than wow, I don't even care that there's no pvp, it's not as grindy to level up"
>I don't like it at all, bored out of my mind by the time I'm level 15

I know everyone here prefers FF, and I don't begrduge you for it. But isn't it pretty similar to Legion? If you like one, shouldn't you be fine with the other? Not talking about endgame raiding or anything since he's a low level and probably won't want to do that anyway. Also, can you grief players much in this game? He loves that.

I'm not a toy, kid...

>I don't think FF is bad
that's not what you said in /wowg/ when you posted this

I have a monk at 110 in Legion and a monk at 60 in FFXIV

It's pretty much nothing but grinding at end game for both, although crafting for FFXIV is better

Also housing is cooler than order halls

Tomorrow I'm going to finally do it. I'm going to sit on "the bench" and remain terrified and motionless.

>Also, can you grief players much in this game? He loves that.
Sure, just have him run any 24-man raid and he'll find a way

why sit on the bench tomorrow when you can sit on a catboy lap tonight

Don't do it, find a box and sit on it. Boxes > benches.

I'm an action figure!

That'll be $50.

tfw no brown futa lander to pound my cat

housing and order halls aren't comparable in anyway though

Nah

>tfw really cute femroe by the bench
>too autistic to say anything

i'm becoming a grownman

I can't today.
And I don't like other catboys.

I just do the latter and reflect on why I bother

calm down elk

WoW has nothing similar to housing, it's just something FFXIV has one up on WoW

who needs a bench when we can start a catboy club and squat in a circle

then order halls are something wow has over ffxiv because there's nothing like it

>how do you want your glamour done?
>just fuck my wardrobe up senpai

Well, thanks for nothing. Tell Skye it was fun to hang out/play. I'm gonna kill myself now.
Peace out.

Someone in a previous thread said I'd look good in the maelstrom elite armor but it seems rather steep for hunt marks.

Is there a easy way to farm them or is it just "wait for peeps to say something about an A or S rank and go fight it"

And this is how it ends. The tale of America.

nice cowboy

I can't even tell what look they were trying to go for. Mexican peasant?

Don't get our hopes up
You're not man enough to go through with it

xiv is grindier than wow, you MUST complete the MSQ in order to unlock all features in the game, and there's about a hundred quests between the end of realm reborn and the start of heavensward that are just so much padding

Give it to me straight /xivg/, I just picked up xiv today, what cool aesthetic shit have I missed already that I can never get. What amazing mounts and weapons are now impossible to have grace my new account? I checked a list of "dated" items but there's literally over a thousand items on that last and they're 99% just "dated brass X" "dated aquamarine X"

Oh, but before I kms, be sure to watch my movie trailer!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=_CSi0eQ0QOU

I want to frot this kitty in bed

You will never /dote on Scathach. Until next year if you spend money. In a year

I just quit wow after 8 years, I tallied up my played time to 560 days worth of hours.

I said
>I fucking hate ff because it's weebshit and feels like a slower version of modern WoW, it does nothing better and the story is garbage.

I mostly stand by that, I don't think FF14 is bad. It just doesn't appeal to me.
Yeah, from what I've heard crafting sounds way more in-depth, although he hate crafting and "foraging" for items. Housing is a plus, I guess.
here we go, this is what I'm looking for. actual bad things about the game.

Hmm, I don't know about missing any incredibly amazing looking items. However, a lot of the seasonal items are quite cool and as long as you are willing to pay real money they show up on the store one year after their original event. On top of that I think FFXIV has some of the most reasonably priced outfits at only $5 or so.

WoW is shit though. Like, not even when comparing the 2 games. WoW is just shit.

legacy items, collaboration items (ffxi, yo-kai, garo in a couple of months) and top 100 feast pvp rewards, you can get everything else ingame and buy old seasonal event stuff from the mogstation

what mask is that?

wtb money

I'll also recommend Shinsekai Yori. I don't think it was totally sad, but it did have some sad parts.

why did you cuck hanna?

There's like a week or 2 of grinding to get to max in one class, 2 if you go for arcanist. You'll just be bullshitting if you try to act like grinding in this game is anywhere near the slog of that garbage fire that WoW is.

i want a zettai bf

I asked a friend about it, and he too is recommending it, so I think I'm just going to download it and dive in blind.

>lalaposter
Opinion discarded.

you can get to max level in wow much faster

Wasting money on that shitty game sure

You can do the same thing in WoW with heirlooms/exp potions or just boost characters if you want (my friend actually likes the concept of pay-to-win so he has no problems just paying for shit like that).

>they attacked !japan and imperialism and stuff
>muh yamato damashi
>muh every empire in every jrpg is actually a metaphor for american cultural imperialism being imposed on japan s0o i must protect the homeland

Your friend sounds like a giant douche and I question if you're the same since you associate with them.

>thinks ffxiv story is shit
>plays WoW

He plays WoW and unironically thinks the story is better. Naturally he's a douche nozzle.

Kind of glad my Alex group put off A12S until tonight. Went in fresh and got the 1/1.

Sorry you feel that way, user.

is buying the game wasting money? i would arguing buying this game is a waste of money

if you include heirlooms 1 to level cap isn't even comparable between the two games

>the story is garbage
The story in FFXIV is miles beyond anything you encounter in WoW. Metzen is an embarrassment to everything he touches.
And they got fucking /Richard A. Knaak/ to write novelisations of major plot points, man. The man writes on the level of a 12 year old's Livejournal fanfic.

>liking pay-to-win garbage
Yeah, take your friend and vamoose. Last thing we need is more braindeads in duty finder.

>tfw to intelligent to hold a conversation with anyone

Leveling without heirlooms or XP potions is about the same time to reach max level as FFXIV.

Using both of those things is so much faster it's not even a fair comparison.

Hey that's me

> AST

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE GAME

YOSHI PLEASE

The story is both games is trash, the only difference is you aren't forced to slog through 2 year old story to advance to the current content.

do you wana hang out and not say anything together

You played WoW for 6. It's clear you don't know how to spend money.

naka fubp (free use bp)

iktf minus the intelligent part

I'm less of a douche, but
I do like WoW and think its story is better than FF14.
sorry, I love Metzen. was actually sad when he retired.
Good, so I can tell my friend that leveling up alts in WoW is faster than leveling a second/third class etc on the same character, i.e. FF14 is more "grindy".
He's pretty competent and decent at games, he just likes to fuck with people. He'd be more likely to grief a party than to unintentionally wipe one.

i'm not that same poster

tfw too retarded to hold conversations with anyone

youre not retarded you just dont even try

>I do like WoW and think its story is better than FF14.
>sorry, I love Metzen. was actually sad when he retired.
Yeah, you're beyond help.

nice to see those adult males interacting with each other in the background

Yeah, go take your friend to WoW so he can take his "competent" gaming to baby's first MMO.

Highlander

agreed
i fucking hate everyone

pls no bully
I just want my friend to play wow instead of ff
it doesn't matter if ff is better
this made me laugh thanks

Kiss butt..!

'w'

>Reach out to someone who asked for friends because they didn't know many people
>Try for weeks to do things with them
>They bitch moan no one likes still
>Still try do things with them
>Slowly stop because I get the same bullshit answers and excuses and just poor interactions overall
>Completely stop talking to them
>They ask me eventually why I stopped talking to them

You know exactly who the fuck you are.

Knock it off.

Not them, but I'd probably do the exact same thing if you tried to reach out to me. I'm beyond help at this point.

Can we get any Zurvan learning up on Aether? I really want to get farther, but there's no room in any of the current ones for tanks.