Engine swapping

>engine swapping

Other urls found in this thread:

abc10.com/news/local/california/smog-checkpoints-help-improve-air-quality/371190653
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

enjoy not being the guy with the airplane engine in his ride

I'll be over here. doing the exact opposite.

>not engine swapping

Putting an econobox engine in a plane? Neat

dank

Been there. Done that. Never again.

What if you buy a cucked export version with no options and you want the engine that was supposed to be in the car in the first place?

>must live in commiefornia

fuck this gay state

im still doing it.

and fuck your e-rod bureaucratic bullshit fuckin CARB sticker my ass.

fuck you LA
fuck you Sacramento
Fuck you San fag-cisco

Fuck you pelosi
Fuck you feinstein

Fuck you treasonous sanctuary cities

fuck this gay state laws

nice scenery and landscape though

>drive hummer to grocery store
>okay
>drive 1999cc JDM 3S-GE VVT-i engine to go to grocery store
>STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

>mfw their was at one point smog road blocks

this car is LS swapped

how does the whole carb sticker thing work? and how much does it cost

pic of engine bay for proof

>tfw i want to swap a BEAMS 3S-GE into my Miata

I just don't have the fab skills or money to pay someone else to do it.

why?
I'm not even done with my swap and I'm already planning another, the more you do the better, faster and cheaper you can do it again.

Why couldn't Calexit happen again?

Airplane???

PICS MUTHERFUCKER

Why did you idiots bump this?

This. Break it off amd shove it in the fucking ocean

This. Trying to find an aviator right now for glorious 600hp blown 4.6 in my vic

why do that when they sell kits for k series engines? roughly you are making the same hp

>LS swaps

Would an FA20D-swapped AE86 be Veeky Forums approved?

>swapping a boxer *into* something that had an inline
I need to see this just for the memes.

I don't care if it's Veeky Forums approved it would be fucking retarded.

For sure, you put it in the back seat area.

Its not that hard to find a guy who does hotsmogs.
-t. sr swap

Because the K series kit is $5k just for the kit, you might as well get the SFM JV6 kit

theyre probably wondering how you drove the engine to the store without the rest of the car and think youre on drugs

Fa20 E30

>mfw my car had an airplane engine from the factory

Why did you faglord?

That's a fucking retarded idea. Have you ever seen an E30 engine bay? That awful little flat 4 would be crammed in there so tight you wouldn't be able to change the valve cover gaskets without lifting the engine. You'd be better off boosting the M42 in an E30 318is

Because it wouldn't fit?

I want to unironically cram a 2JZ-GTE into a '95 Camry.

13b-t e30

>replacing a 4banger
>with another 4banger
could you be any more retarded

>muh ls swap

>2jz, n54, n55 >>>>>> ls
sorry but Im a big cocksucker for the I6 bulls

That's slightly less retarded but still retarded. 13B belongs in a smaller lighter sports car.

>names inline 6s that weigh as much or more than an LS to swap in a fucking MIATA
Yeah enjoy having shitbox-tier weight distribution

>MIATA
oh it didn't even register in my mind that it was a miata
yeah that thing can keep its powerless 4bangers, nevermind

People rarely do complete swaps. Usually there is no a/c, power steering, or even heater sometimes. If you can't do it right, don't bother. No excuses.

13b e30 swaps are very popular south of the equator

>Implying

dumb poohposter

Airplane engines are completely shit in power to weight and specific output with very low redlines. There is literally no reason to put one in a car.

You'd be better off dropping in a diesel.

You can swap motors in california.

The engine just has to be newer than the vehicle it's going into, has already come in a CA smog legal car, and has to have all the OEM emissions equipment that came on the engine. Including the fuel evap system as originally installed on the donor car.

Not very difficult.

Lolk
You're also forgetting the engine has to be from the exact same model vehicle year notwithstanding I.e. 09 civic k20 into 1999 civic is okay. K20 in an integra is not OK because it only comes in the RSX which according to ca is not the same (even though it literally is in Japan)

That's not true. Donor vehicle and recipient vehicle don't matter so long as the aformentioned vintage requirement is met.

LS swapped FD's are made legal all the time in CA. Hardest part is fitting the F-body evap system.

>a/c
not necessary and extra weight
>power steering
not necessary and extra weight
>heater
That's not even hard

Guess I was misinformed

This. They guzzle gas like no tomorrow at idle (80-85% duty) and they start making power at 90%.

Hey cockfag, might be doing a few panels in the following (6) months, what gun were you suing for yours?

>what gun were you suing for yours?
harbor freight 15 dollar HVLP gun, the purple one, that's perfect for spraying primers and shit, then for a paint/clear gun I have the harbor freight professional gun which was like 60 bucks, it atomizes the paint much better and makes the clear lay out flatter.

Ah alright sweet, I live in NZ so my options are a little more expensive. Couldn't remember if you were using a deVill or something.

nope, chinese guns for me, nothing wrong with em

I'm a sucker for wet sanding anyway.
Whoever did the spray before I got it must have just sprayed over the old coat, it's got crazing on the rear quarters and in the little horizontal door channel it's completely separating and cracking.

>abc10.com/news/local/california/smog-checkpoints-help-improve-air-quality/371190653

tfw there still are, but they are "voluntary"

>not wanting to combine the familiarity of your shitbox with the power, torque and sound of the actual greatest engine ever created

>You can't afford it.
>You're too lazy to build a hose.
>But hey! At least you know how to hook up two rubber hoses.

Thanks for proving my point. Nobody does proper swaps. Enjoy sweating your ass off and looking like a fool in parking lots. "Not necessary" lol.

Looks like you posted the wrong image, friend. I'll help you out

>his engine swap fits in his stock car

?
can't afford it? I don't want it taking up space in my engine bay, I don't want the weight
Yes, I'm doing an LS swap but I can't afford to buy an A/C compressor
??????????????
>too lazy to build a hose
I literally don't own a car with power steering, and I own 5 cars and 2 trucks, power steering isn't needed.
DESU my volvo LS swap doesn't even have a heater, I completely gutted the car for weight savings, but yeah two hoses is very easy.

>he cant afford a summer and winter home

>his car is so heavy it needs power steering

Topkek

weight savings in a Volvo ?

It's missing a machinegun on the hood.

Bump

Weighs 400lbs less than a third gen camaro stock, strip it and its more like 600lbs.

>very popular south of the equator
So is homicide.