/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online general

Faggot Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/21/homestead-is-now-live-on-xbox-one-and-playstationr4
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/20/eso-morrowind--vvardenfell-flora-and-fauna
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/16/an-eso-love-story

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/121127025

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/321427/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-6#latest

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [New Player's Guiide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
We just don't know

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Reaprar/status/834979270552334336
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

twitter.com/Reaprar/status/834979270552334336

I know Todd doesn't have much to do with ESO, but holy shit.

Que?

>I know Todd doesn't have much to do with ESO
According to fan boys ZoS works very closely with Bethesda to ensure quality in the TES universe.

>modern bethesda
>'''''''quality'''''''

What do you mean by "very closely".

Lyris and Tharn banter is top tier.

Lyris: You have to be the ugliest princess ever rescued from a tower, Tharn.

Tharn: Hm, I'm surprised your drinking and repeated blows to the head haven't dulled your wit, Titanborn.

Todd and Shcick are actually two halves of a single entity. Notice how you've never seen the back of Todd or Lawrence.

xD

He's also the only calling out how retarded it is to hide something from a necromancer by putting it in a tomb.

And Sai goes, "Well....its seemed like a good idea at the time."

>Lyris will never step on you.

Dang.

Good.

>Guy most famous for Oblivion, Oblivion with guns, Fallout 3 with dragons, and Skyrim with guns acknowledged he makes the same game over and over again

top kek

My hearts a flutter.

From a game dev pov, he's cancer.
From a board exec pov, he's a cashcow

When I first started I thought it was just a first person perspective bug. Holy shit though, she's fucking huge

manlet

I've honestly never had so much fun with crating in a game before. Even collecting the materials is really enjoyable. I just keep getting lost and forget what I'm doing. I was looking for columbine for 4 hours last night and I loved it. I love having to actually work to gather mats and then finally craft there object. I'm not sure why but it's just so cathartic

When will they learn

I'm glad you're finding enjoyment in the little things.

Why is eso the most friendly general? I keep expecting insults and shit about console peasants ruining gaming and general circle jerks about female characters. It's genuinely friendly in here.

So I just reinstalled after being away since... hell, a little while after launch.

Halp. I have no idea what to do or HOW to do anything. Should I just start another character to get a tutorial? Is there a tutorial anymore? I vaguely remember escaping a prison or something, but also remember some talk about that whole thing being nerfed into the ground so it felt even more rushed than it was originally?

Can't tell if b8 or serious

>Halp. I have no idea what to do or HOW to do anything
Read the FAQ in the op.

>Should I just start another character to get a tutorial?
Sure why not.

Is there a tutorial anymore?
Yes.

>I vaguely remember escaping a prison or something
That's the opening area. The real tut takes place right after.

>but also remember some talk about that whole thing being nerfed into the ground so it felt even more rushed than it was originally?
I don't know what you're talking about.

Good game breeds a good community

>I don't know what you're talking about.
I meant the opening area. Apparently it was judges as "too long" or something and made into a rushjob compared to how it was in the behinning.

Ah well it really is a rush job. You learn absolutely nothing. Just start a new character and skip the "tut" which will take you to the starting area for your respective faction, and that's the real tutorial.

You learn how to attack and how to move the character.

You already know how to do that unless you were born under a rock and this is your first time on a pc/console

>Implying that it is a bad thing

Is Inferno/Cauterize supposed to be extremely weak? Judging by numbers, one shot every 5 seconds is worthless.

As opposed to what?

Well she has giant blood in her veins, so it's no surprise

Fuck off waifu cunts

What did he mean by this

That all waifu faggots should go back to /tesg/

But what does that have to do with that pic? It's just showing how short Bosmer look when standing next to Lyris.

>faggots promoting waifu circlejerking
>user thinks it's good to post images that encourage the conversation to continue

this is where the real tes fans come
don't tell anyone

This. You'd think its a joke at first, but if you go into TESG you'll see it isn't. No one actually talks about the game there, instead they literally all avatarfag and talk only about Skyrim modding, posting their 'waifus' and favorite pretty female characters.

It is bizarre how it turned into that over time considering the general was original based off a WRPG series.

I ever got into the MW mod scene but Oblivions is what ruined the modbase and the waifufags followed.

how do you counter dks that fossilize/root spam you and attack you from behind?

tell them to use protection, just to be sure

You get major sorcery from it

Immovability potions

Well, I have Jury Duty today. I'll see everybody in eight or nine hours, feigning insanity should it look like I'll actually be chosen.

Look on the bright side. You'll be back before ESO live airs. And they're going to show us some of the cities in Morrowind.

And then you go to a dungeon and wonder what is this interrupting that people are talking about

You mean the onscreen prompts that show up every single time you can interrupt an attack? Yeah really need the tutorial area for that.

>ESO live
when and where?

>"Beware Choo-Choo Ahead"

>comparing a general for a game series which last instalment was 6 years ago to a general for a MMO game

t. waifu fag

You aren't welcome here.

Yea they show up but do you know how many people wouldn't know that you need to use left and right click to do it? I still remember people that didn't that you have a flashlight on your pip-boy in fallout. Never underestimate stupidity.

True true user. Took me over a day to figure out where a bridge lever was in Skyrim

I'm looking to get a trading guild going, how and what would I need to get it up and running?

i think you mean major prophecy

also it's pretty strong, does like 4k+ dps since the one hit every 5 seconds is about one tick of a spammable

why do you look like an ayy lmao

It's pronounced KAI-TAN you fucking NEANDERTHALS

kytin

did the fucking devs actually play their own fucking game

because holy fuck heists and stealth sucks so hard its unbelievable it made into the game

anyone wants to grind xp to level up?

eu pc

It was a joke friend.

I'm not your friend, buddy.

Ayyylmao.jpeg

>You'll never hug autism-chan

At least enough money to bid for an expensive guild trader and invite enough competent people to keep it yours. Rich get richer.

I don't need you when I have eso friendos.

Oh, you caught me.

but you don't even need the flashlight in fallout, it is almost entirely detrimental to have it activated.

>tfw your friend makes a racist joke and you have to pretend it doesn't bother you

Does she say this to Argonians as well?

So, I'd like to do a stealthy MagSorcerer Khajiit with dual wield now (homage to an tRPG character of mine and shit)
Is it feasible at all?

Would you kick me out of your Vet dungeon party?

What is Sotha Sil filled with dwemer shit instead of his own creations?

Where's my Unarmed skill tree?

After Morrowind, I hope they make an Elsweyr mod with an Unarmed skill tree and an Martial Artist/Monk/Non-magical Warrior or shit as its new class...

he's a dwemerboo

I actually had a response from ZOS about that. Fabricants DO exist, but Sotha Sil collects dwemer oddities and other artifacts, something we had him do in SSE. Hence why there's unique dwemer stuff in the trial, it's specifically his collection that's gotten loose.

Stealth isn't used in group PvE content. You can play stealth in solo or in PvP content all you like. It's also very useful for the TG and DB quests.

DW swords + lightning/inferno staff is doable for magicka DPS.

Magicka Khajiit is not ideal because none of the passives do anything for magicka builds except maybe for stealth in PvP. Vet dungeons are still doable I'd say.

Oh. That's neat.

What did she mean by this?

>Openly praising Sithis to a random stranger
>Argonian
>Poison's chill

I mean sure I spent $4 on this, but I wasn't expecting this much...disregard for basic knowledge?

Sure she says next that she's immune but it still hurts her, but still. C'mon.

>Openly praising Sithis to a random stranger

Misconception: Sithis is not really worshipped too much, but most people don't know him as some evil death god either. That's the DB's stupid cult's view anyway. It's not like openly praising him is gonna get you burned at the stake. Most people would be either like "Who?" or "Why the fuck are you worshipping the TES equivalent of gravity?"

Personally, I thought that the EP starter island quests were the worst of the lot, not to mention that Bleakrock is so dull and uninteresting to look at.

AD and DC tutorial islands were much better and more engaging in comparison.

In this era poison doesn't kill Argonians but weakens them. For all we know since this game takes place long before Tiber Septim nothing personnels everyone into submission Argonians weren't completely immune to the effects.

Thanks, user!
The stealth bit will probably be only used at solo alright, I just didn't know if DW MagSorc is too stupid to the dual-attribute system we have at TESO.

If DW's damage scales with Stamina, how would it be useful at all outside of aesthetics? I was thinking of running it just for the looks and feels, really...

I wouldn't use any DW skills for damage on a magicka class, they just won't do anything while costing all your stamina.

You could just go stam khajiit, and use magic for utility rather than damage. In that case stamblade is good. In fact if stealth is your focus then you should pick nightblade regardless because that is the class with the cloak skill.

Ikr, it's just that I already have two other NBs (a Magicka and a Stam) and I'd really like to try a non-NB stealthy character... If I used Magicka as utility as a Sorc, what should I pick?

Stamsorcs use hurricane, streak, crit surge, bound armor, negate, and dark deal. Though honestly if you already have 2 NBs you should have some clue of what you're doing.

Yes. And if you go to Alik'r desert, they will keep commenting on how you look like someone who either does or doesn't know all about lizards.

What the fuck.

>Argonian
>Poison's chill
Means Skyrim is still canon

how dare they be racist in this fantasy game with a very defined history of slavery and racism! I'm triggered! Boycott videogames!!!!

Know your place N'wah

No need to throw a tantrum m8

Well, I have some clue alright, it's just that, as I never played with another class for long, I'm kinda dumb about what could be a feasible build and what's pure trash.

It's not like I wouldn't play if they are trash, is just so I know what expects me in the endgame...

u2 friendo, stop getting triggered over meaningless fluff directed at an imaginary race of swamp hippies.

I'm not, play the game and you'll know why they keep talking about lizards.

wops, wrong picture

>make giant dwemer bot the centerpiece of your trailer and collector's edition
>only found in endgame content few people will see